Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:56 PM

Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? (4061 Views)

PDP Disowns Jalo On Call For Jonathon To Speak Up / Security On Trial Of Ma'azu, Jonathon's Secretary Tukur / Checkout This Photo Of Coca Cola Customized With 'Vote For Goodluck Jonathan' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by igbo2011(m): 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
Goodluck won pretty much all of the igbo votes. Why did us Igbos vote for this idiot? I don't care if he is from around our area. This man is an idiot. He is a disgrace to Nigerians around the world. He talks a lot and does little. He goes to Australia and makes Nigerians look like idiots. Missing meetings and what not. He wants Australians to invest in a country that has no infrastructure. How can a company set up a factory in Nigeria with diesel fuel, bad roads, and he has to pay an official bribe a lot. He wastes a lot of money touring around the world to talk about what he will do instead of doing it.

Buhari or Ribadu would have been better leaders than this idiot. They would work for their people. They would fix the infrastrucutre first then ask for investments. I know some people who want to set up factories in Nigeria but the infrastructure and security are holding them back. There are many youths who are unemployed, there are many sectors that they can go into but the government is busy setting up a youwin bullshit initiative. Instead of wasting bilions of naira on that program, they should use that money to give to private companies so they can hire more scientists, engineers, factory workers, and build more factories and labs. The best economies have the best engineers and scientists.

So why did you vote for him? What was your reason? If you did not vote for him, who did you vote for and why?
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by Akanbiedu(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2011
I voted Buhari, guess this question is not for me then.

BTW, we are still building our country and we are all in a learning process. There may be too much sentiment now but with time, we outgrow those things. Rome was not built in a day.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by igbo2011(m): 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I voted Buhari, guess this question is not for me then.

BTW, we are still building our country and we are all in a learning process. There may be too much sentiment now but with time, we outgrow those things. Rome was not built in a day.

How long will it take? We have been waiting for 12 years in this democracy and 51 years since independence. How long will it take? It will never happen unless the people rise up.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by emiye(m): 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2011
Those who voted him should have a reason, i guess?

No better word for the you win initiative, than bullshit.  50 billion naira to create 1,200 direct jobs all over nigeria
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
That youwin is a scam. The money will end up in PDP loyalists' pockets.

They probably will make one or two stage-managed shows on TV to convince the rest of us.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by emiye(m): 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

That youwin is a scam. The money will end up in PDP loyalists' pockets.

They probably will make one or two stage-managed shows on TV to convince the rest of us.
And an average nigerian being what (s)he is can be easily swayed by emotions.

If only Nigerians can take time to see, rather than look.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2011
Its not average Nigerian thing, it works anywhere in the world. That's why online fraudsters are still in business.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by Rhino5dm: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
Keep counting your losses while goons like Beaf are busy smiling all along. Many wereLe-ediots are cashing couple of millions under the guise of GPS tracking nonsense.

By your sweat, we shall sweet. Freaking brainless zombies.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
They may even ask interested parties to purchase entry forms.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2011
Funny thing is Jonathan may not even know what happens to the money.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by dayokanu(m): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2011
Ask those who polled 98% votes for him
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2011
Presented with the choice of a bigot, a rookie, and an easy going well meaning man, the choice is obvious. GEJ stood head and shoulder above the other main challengers. Regrets are for those without convictions.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 12:07am On Oct 28, 2011
It was based in Tribalism. Nothing more, nothing less.
A new can of worms have been open in Nigeria. Regions can start having 100% votes if well rigged.
Anyway, ask those who gave 99% votes. sad sad . The SS I understand but . . .
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 12:21am On Oct 28, 2011
True I see the tribal angle: an itsekiri not happy to see his sworn enemy - ijaw as a president. Pathetic!
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by aljharem3: 12:33am On Oct 28, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

why are you this tribalistic. Na wa o ezeuche cry cry
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 12:34am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

True I see the tribal angle:  an itsekiri not happy to see his sworn enemy - ijaw as a president. Pathetic!

You are a case. What has "sworn enemy" got to do with my opinion? You are so so tribalistic that you cannot see the underlying truth which is, a "GEJ" (an Ijaw man and Niger-deltan) as the president does not mean the life of a Niger-deltan will be better off.
I understand the SS pov, after all, we produce the Oil (which Delta state alone produces 40% of Nigeria's oil and Itsekiris+Ilajes in delta produce 75% of that 40% alone) but your own case is pathetic cause as far as Nigerians are concerned, you voted for him because he added "Azikwe", which is worse.

You voted based on tribalism. So, I ask "Point B", how has the life of the Igbo man improved?? Or the Ijaw man?? Or the average Nigerian??
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 12:37am On Oct 28, 2011
alj_harem:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

why are you this tribalistic. Na wa o ezeuche cry cry

Don't mind the maga. We all know why he is butt-licking. Oh, how lofty are his dreams!
As long as we continue to be tribalist about our leaders, we will make no head-way in Nigeria.

Was it not Lagos that an Igbo wants to rule?? That is why that state keeps progressing cause they have left that primitive way of thinking but some people are hell-bent on taking us back to the 19th century.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by asha80(m): 12:39am On Oct 28, 2011
jason123:

You are a case. What has "sworn enemy" got to do with my opinion? You are so so tribalistic that you cannot see the underlying truth which is, a "GEJ" (an Ijaw man and Niger-deltan) as the president does not mean the life of a Niger-deltan will be better off.
I understand the SS pov, after all, we produce the Oil (which Delta state alone produces 40% of Nigeria's oil and Itsekiris+Ilajes in delta produce 75% of that 40% alone) but your own case is pathetic cause as far as Nigerians are concerned, you voted for him because he added "Azikwe", which is worse.

You voted based on tribalism. So, I ask "Point B", how has the life of the Igbo man improved?? Or the Ijaw man?? Or the average Nigerian??

sorry but this post reeks of contradiction.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 12:40am On Oct 28, 2011
People who voted for GEJ voted according to their need and conscience. It is very pathetic that due to myopia, self conceit, arrogance, and what have you, many of you have decided to be the judge of why the other person voted. Your inability to get over the fact that GEJ was voted by others for good reasons make you lots pathetic. Keep kicking at yourselves, while the rest of us move  on.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 12:45am On Oct 28, 2011
@Asha80
thanks for pointing that out, the fool paints a region as tribalistic just to make a case that he is not. And he seems so sure of his assertions. People get issues here no be small.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 12:48am On Oct 28, 2011
asha 80:

sorry but this post reeks of contradiction.

Why? Cause I talked about Itsekiris and Ilajes? undecided. If its that, I'm not complaining. I simply brought that out as a way of replying his condescending post on the Itsekiris.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 12:49am On Oct 28, 2011
Jason, GEJ is president of Nigeria, not of ijaw, igbo, hausa, or Yoruba. He is not going to favour anyone over the other. Fairness is the concern here. Get over your tribal myopia already. The world has moved on.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 12:51am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

People who voted for GEJ voted according to the need and conscience. It is very pathetic that due to myopia, self conceit, arrogance, and what have you, many of you have decided to be the judge of why the other people voted. Your inability to get over the fact that GEJ was voted by others for good reasons make you lots pathetic. Keep kicking at yourselves, while the rest of us move  on.

Oh, keep quiet! You talk about need and conscience?? Search you heart and be honest to yourself.
As for GEJ, I carry no grudges. He won and that's it. No one can change that, its history. But saying his votes were not based on ethnic, regional and religious agendas is a lie!
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 12:55am On Oct 28, 2011
@Jason
that is to say u conducted an exit poll at the polling station.

my fair suggestion to you is that, not every one believe in Buhari as u did. The earlier u understand that the earlier u know why he lost.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 12:56am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

Jason, GEJ is president of Nigeria, not of ijaw, igbo, hausa, or Yoruba. He is not going to favour anyone over the other. Fairness is the concern here. Get over your tribal myopia already. The world has moved on.

You are a moro.n. Have you seen me witch-hunting GEJ here?? undecided Dude, I am not one of those who complain and shout down every move by our president but it is my civil duty to air my opinion if I'm against any of his moves.

About regional presidency; dude, he got his votes based on regional/ethnic sentiments not based on what he can do except you want to toll down the path of self-deceit. After all, he was the president for a year before he was re-elected. Yet, no one could point out what he did to improve the lives of Nigeria (even remotely), now, I am not saying he should rectify a 50 yrs damage in a year, far from it. But he did not to prove that he is worth the votes cased for him.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 12:58am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

@Jason
that is to say u conducted an exit poll at the polling station.

my fair suggestion to you is that, not every one believe in Buhari as u did. The earlier u understand that the earlier u know why he lost.

You are trying to spin this the wrong way. The bible says in 2 timothy 2:16 , "avoid worthless babbles". I am done with you! cool
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 1:04am On Oct 28, 2011
^^^
@Jason
You don't have to be so sad. GEJ is much a better president than Buhari, I say this with deepest conviction.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 1:13am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

^^^
@Jason
You don't have to be so sad. GEJ is much a better president than Buhari, I say this with deepest conviction.
TBH, I appreciate your rare civility. let's talk.
Agreed, Buhari was bigoted towards the SE. He didn't campaign there but there were other candidates apart from Buhari that people could have voted for. With that said, we cannot neglect that the 2011 elections was smeared with tribalism and intense rigging from both sides.
Why I'm arguing is because some people are painting it as the freest and fairest election, and it was not based on ethnic/regional interest.
How can we label such an election where under-aged votes voted as the "freest and fairest"?
What about the 99% votes. Are you telling me that the Hausa are less than 1% in the SE?
Also, look at the clear cut between the North and the South after elections?

Yet, you are saying people did not vote for GEJ based on sentiments? C'mon!
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by werepeLeri: 1:23am On Oct 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Keep counting your losses while goons like Beaf are busy smiling all along. Many wereLe-ediots are cashing couple of millions under the guise of GPS tracking nonsense.

By your sweat, we shall sweet. Freaking brainless zombies.

Since you have shown yourself to be a retar ded dim wit and a drooling im becile - take this. and if you reply- you surely are a product of a leaking con dom. You are the eediot  here.

You mother fu cker is just beefing for no reason. Yes, I make GPS/Sat Navs for Nigeria, and for your info, retardeen, i dont do trackers - those are for small boys- I program Sat Nav devices with Nigerian maps and like you rightly said, I make millions, but you are wrong, not a couple like you dunce said, i cash in cool big millions that you and your entire lineage can only drool and think about. You dig? How much do you have that you think you can come in here and call people names? May your likes perish before you know it. Where whatever you have ends is where others start - silly maggot.

Do you know how silly you are? You gat no idea yet.

Call me 0703 694 9019 - if you want Nigerian Sat Navs for your cars.

Website is http://www.ceaser-web.com/garmin_2011.asp
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 1:31am On Oct 28, 2011
@JASON
free and fair is relative. Hence relative to the past election in Nigeria 2011 is the freest and fairest. That shld settle the argument.

I don't know the number of hausa in the SE or how many of the turned out to vote, or if they even migrated to their different state to vote. But let me even ask u, how many relative do you have in the south east for starters? I know how many relatives i have far and wide in Nigeria.

Indeed election in Nigeria is always a matter of sentiment. Besides people vote for the man who draws close to them. Something buhari failed to do in the SE. It will be silly for him to expect any substantial vote in places where he had not even visible poster. That said, the underlying reasons why he lost so woefully in the SE is a matter for academics research. Speculations as per tribalism as the core motive is malicious and self serving. Or perhaps a way for losers to console themselves. Either way, GEJ is the president and i am sure he is doing his best.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by PointB: 1:33am On Oct 28, 2011
Oga Jason, i dey go work in the morning! A beg make I go sleep. Good nite.
Re: Why Did You Vote For Goodluck Jonathon? by jason123: 1:48am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

@JASON
free and fair is relative. Hence relative to the past election in Nigeria 2011 is the freest and fairest. That shld settle the argument.

I don't know the number of hausa in the SE or how many of the turned out to vote, or if they even migrated to their different state to vote. But let me even ask u, how many relative do you have in the south east for starters? I know how many relatives i have far and wide in Nigeria.

Indeed election in Nigeria is always a matter of sentiment. Besides people vote for the man who draws close to them. Something buhari failed to do in the SE. It will be silly for him to expect any substantial vote in places where he had not even visible poster. That said, the underlying reasons why he lost so woefully in the SE is a matter for academics research. Speculations as per tribalism as the core motive is malicious and self serving. Or perhaps a way for losers to console themselves. Either way, GEJ is the president and i am sure he is doing his best.
My extended family voted overwhelmingly for GEJ and to be honest, it was based on regional affiliations i.e he is a SSouthern not because of what he can do. With that said, good night and have a nice day tomorrow!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lapo Loan Micro Finance Bank In Conjunction With Central Bank Of Nigeria. (cbn) / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan / How To Win Any Election In Nigeria : Redefine Your Political Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.