Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,475 members, 7,781,386 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:37 PM

Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? (47167 Views)

HID Awolowo Was Buried Beside Her Husband, Chief Obafemi Awolowo In Ikene (Pics) / Oba Sijuwade And Chief Obafemi Awolowo (Throwback Photo) / Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 15, 2012
The snake with 2 heads.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by aljharem(m): 12:15am On Feb 15, 2012
A hero of modern day Nigeria
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by AndreUweh(m): 12:23am On Feb 15, 2012
Awo might have been a hero but did not die as a hero.
Those in Akintola's camp see him as a villain.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by aljharem(m): 12:27am On Feb 15, 2012
Andre Uweh:

Awo might have been a hero but did not die as a hero.
Those in Akintola's camp see him as a villain.

why didn't he die like a hero ?
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 15, 2012
alj harem:

why didn't he die like a hero ?

because he was never one to begin with
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by aljharem(m): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2012
re@lchange:

because he was never one to begin with

do you mean to you or Igbos in general ? Or you mean Nigerians because if you go that route I would show you even Ikwerres that follow Awolowo Idealogy and South-southerners that are Awoist.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 15, 2012
alj harem:

do you mean to you or Igbos in general ? Or you mean Nigerians because if you go that route I would show you even Ikwerres that follow Awolowo Idealogy and South-southerners that are Awoist.

when he died, did anyone know? meanwhile his Yoruba people controlled the news media yet we didn't hear much

compare that with the fact that the whole eastern region of nigeria is burying ojukwu, and the whole nigeria is talking aboout him for months now

oh well, maybe he is a hero in ikenne
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by aljharem(m): 12:39am On Feb 15, 2012
re@lchange:

when he died, did anyone know? meanwhile his Yoruba people controlled the news media yet we didn't hear much

compare that with the fact that the whole eastern region of nigeria is burying ojukwu, and the whole nigeria is talking aboout him for months now

oh well, maybe he is a hero in ikenne

bros, the media is controlled by South-south and Igbos

there are only 2 media houses controlled by the illuminati yoruba people , tribune and the nation

which people don't really read.

BTW, the Ojukwu burial things is just a funny episode to me, it seems like the so called organisers are just trying to exaggeration things which is Ok, smiley

Yeah the Whole east is waiting for Ojukwu's burial even the Whole West and the Whole North are waiting. Yes we are.

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 15, 2012
alj harem:

bros, the media is controlled by South-south and Igbos

there are only 2 media houses controlled by the illuminati yoruba people , tribune and the nation

which people don't really read.

BTW, the Ojukwu burial things is just a funny episode to me, it seems like the so called organisers are just trying to exaggeration things which is Ok, smiley

Yeah the Whole east is waiting for Ojukwu's burial even the Whole West and the Whole North are waiting. Yes we are.

smiley smiley smiley smiley

not in 1987

yes the whole of nigeria is waiting for ojukwu's burial.
there are 20,000 youth volunteers alone who would offer services ranging from crowd to traffic control to ushering people and basically having a festive time. there will likely be hundreds of thousands to witness the whole thing
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by aljharem(m): 12:49am On Feb 15, 2012
re@lchange:

not in 1987

yes the whole of nigeria is waiting for ojukwu's burial.
there are 20,000 youth volunteers alone who would offer services ranging from crowd to traffic control to ushering people and basically having a festive time. there will likely be hundreds of thousands to witness the whole thing
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley good smiley
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by ektbear: 2:53am On Feb 15, 2012
Akintola's nephew (DayoKanu) seems to view Awo as a hero
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by OnlyRebel: 10:48am On Feb 15, 2012
Chief Jeremiah Oyeniyi Obafemi Awolowo, hero and father of moder Nigeria and of promising Africa. And Life In Abundance.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by AndreUweh(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2012
ekt_bear:

Akintola's nephew (DayoKanu) seems to view Awo as a hero
Do you take him serious?
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by striker07(m): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
As for me he was a National Hero,even though some people on this forum decided to twist history on thier own, every man to his own opinion, in acknowledgment of his numerous contributions to Nigeria, he was given the highest honour in the land which is GCFR,If we have had many awo in the government since independent we will not be where we are today.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Willywilly9: 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2012
striker07:

As for me he was a National Hero,
As for me he was an Otapiapia Hero
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Ngodigha1(m): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2012
Willy+willy:

As for me he was an Otapiapia Hero
It is well estabished that he poisoned himself, but it could not be with Otapiapia.
I think we should count otapiapia out. Though some said it was a rat pison that he drank, it may be true. May be HID AWOLOWO has to speak up now that she is still alive. She should telll us what sort of poison that killed her beloved husband.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Chyz2: 11:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
Only-Rebel:

Chief Jeremiah Oyeniyi Obafemi Awolowo, hero and father [s]of moder Nigeria and of promising Africa.[/s] And Life In Abundance.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2012
Ngodigha1:

It is well estabished that he poisoned himself, but it could not be with Otapiapia.
I think we should count otapiapia out. Though some said it was a rat pison that he drank, it may be true. May be HID AWOLOWO has to speak up now that she is still alive. She should telll us what sort of poison that killed her beloved husband.

Quit smoking cheap ish!
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Ngodigha1(m): 11:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
naijababe:

Quit smoking cheap ish!

Can you do us this favour please, what sort of poison killeed Awolowo?.
I have ruled out Otapiapia.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Willywilly9: 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
Awolowo where are you, have you heard that Ojukwu would be buried with American made Gold Casket,
Awolowo my good Friend, How are you doing? are you resting in peace in that wooden Iroko termite infected Casket built in Ondo State, Yoruba people buried you with.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by lagcity(m): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
Willy+willy:

Awolowo where are you, have you heard that Ojukwu would be buried with American made Gold Casket,
Awolowo my good Friend, How are you doing? are you resting in peace in that wooden Iroko termite infected Casket built in Ondo State, Yoruba people buried you with.

You have to let go of your bitterness. Some of you Igbos just keep manufacturing lies against a man who said he was indifferent to you. Who's hurting now?
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Willywilly9: 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2012
i am just a middle man between Ojukwu and Awolowo
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by lagcity(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
middleman? Awo and Ojukwu don't even have beef. Are u a middleman to dead ppl? I fear u o.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Willywilly9: 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2012
yes,
one is a Thief who with his kinsmen looted our national Coffer and the other who fought for Justice
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2012
Willy+willy:

What a fitting casket for a magalomaniac, who had a throne installed in his house. I laugh at people who yap on about his simplicity!
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by AndreUweh(m): 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2012
lagcity:

You have to let go of your bitterness. Some of you Igbos just keep manufacturing lies against a man who said he was indifferent to you. Who's hurting now?
Willy Willy is not Igbo. He is just a man who hates evil.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by AndreUweh(m): 8:07pm On Feb 26, 2012
lagcity:

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by aljharem(m): 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2012
Andre Uweh:

Yeap she is Igbo, She first claim efik but could not speak efik

then claim Ijaw but could not speak Ijaw

then claim Ogoni, and finally Igbo and that was the only language she could speak.

she loves evil as well. smiley

1 Like

Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by AndreUweh(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
alj harem:

Yeap she is Igbo, She first claim efik but could not speak efik

then claim Ijaw but could not speak Ijaw

then claim Ogoni, and finally Igbo and that was the only language she could speak.

she loves evil as well. smiley
Willy does not speak Igbo either. Mind you, there are so many languages in the old eastern region. Please do not insult him. Use he instead of she.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by aljharem(m): 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
Andre Uweh:

Willy does not speak Igbo either. Mind you, there are so many languages in the old eastern region. Please do not insult him. Use he instead of she.

Willy willy speaks Igbo and she is a proper Igbo man/woman.

All this old east BS does not apply to me nwannem. You are not talking to an ignorant person, I understand Nigeria ethnic politics too much for me to buy that crap from you.

Willy willy claim Efik, I spoke efik to her but she could not understand

then claimed Ibibio, she could not speak Ibibio

then claim Ogoni, that was the point I caught her out she she even spoke Igbo to me and clearly could not read what I wrote.

LOL be deceiving yourself. Maybe she would claim Annag this time, Well I have taken toe liberty to learn basic annang so we can talk in Annag
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by AndreUweh(m): 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2012
^^But there are some easterners who do speak Igbo yet they are not Igbo. So many Okrikans and Kalabaris are not Igbo but speaks Igbo. Ibime a famous nairalander speaks and writes Igbo yet he is not Igbo.
Re: Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? by aljharem(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
Andre Uweh:

^^But there are some easterners who do speak Igbo yet they are not Igbo. So many Okrikans and Kalabaris are not Igbo but speaks Igbo. Ibime a famous nairalander speaks and writes Igbo yet he is not Igbo.

LOL grin grin grin grin I wonder where Ibime had written in Igbo undecided
chai !!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu & His Wife Visit His Lawyer, Ejiofor In Anambra (Photos) / Dino Melaye Exposes 'Kogi Government Thugs' (Photos) / Atiku reacts To Federal Government's Ban on Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.