Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight (29557 Views)

Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / Watch Pastor Sign Fireman In Documentary Titled Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2011
Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers

Every Sunday millions of Nigerians crowd into thousands of competing churches. The team visits one church in Lagos run by Dr Sign Fireman, an up-and-coming preacher who is attempting to break into the big time.

They find 2000 people at an event billed as the Burial of Satan. After a rock star entrance, Dr Fireman begins his service by exorcising the demons in his congregation.

Sick members of the congregation come forward for miracle healing. Dr Fireman claims to have God-given powers that can change people's lives, from raising people from the dead to curing earache. One man tells the crowd he is crippled and blind. Dr Fireman then channels his powers to help the man walk and see again. Yet, earlier the team has seen the man walking unaided.

Through the marketing of his talents, Dr Fireman has expanded his Perfect Christianity Ministry to 40 branches. Key to this growth is the emphasis on prosperity preaching: teaching that prosperity is a sign of spiritual blessing. The idea is that to become rich, you should give money to the church.

Pentecostal and independent churches in Nigeria tap into the Nigerian dream: the aspiration of having and being seen to have cars, houses, money and power. To get more people to join his church, Dr Fireman believes portraying the right image is essential and shows the trappings of wealth his church has brought him. He travels everywhere with his bodyguards in one of his three yellow luxury cars with a combined worth of more than £150,000.

Read more: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/episode-guide/series-2011/episode-14
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by asha80(m): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2011
grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Rhino5dm: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2011
Watch Darren Brown's "Miracle for Sale" on youtube to understand how gullible people can be.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2011
Na wa ohhh, Me self they set up my church "Mugu Christian ministry"
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Watch Darren Brown's "Miracle for Sale"  on youtube to understand how gullible people can be.

Seconded,

No matter what these investigators expose, the pews will keep filling, thanks to poverty and illiteracy that these pastors have exploited to the fullest,
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by lighternote: 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
to b shown tonight? which channel? Abeg make I laugh @d folly.
churches r becoming mere psychiatric homes where people go to see d shrink for one sort of psycho help but how naija pastors take advantage of d terrible socioeconomic situation n inflict more harm on people's psyche is pathetic.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Kx: 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2011
Chanel 4 is in the UK right?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
[size=13pt]"But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves.

Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered.

In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed." - 2 Peter 2 : 1-3[/size]
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by r231(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
;d :d ;d
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by enomakos(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2011
this is no news dude
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by webmanlag: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers

Read more: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/episode-guide/series-2011/episode-14

this is very misleading. It whets your appetite only for you to follow the link and realize you can't watch the advertised programme.

you should have simply written: to be shown tonight on channel 4 (UK).
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
webmanlag:

this is very misleading. It whets your appetite only for you to follow the link and realize you can't watch the advertised programme.

you should have simply written: to be shown tonight on channel 4 (UK).

Give a few days and this programme should also appear on youtube.
Just keep this link handy: [url=http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&suggested_categories=43%2C24%2C27%2C25&uni=3&search_duration=long&search_query=unreported+world+channel+4]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&suggested_categories=43%2C24%2C27%2C25&uni=3&search_duration=long&search_query=unreported+world+channel+4
[/url]
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Okijajuju1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
I'll wait for the youtubed version.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by ImaIma1(f): 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
i remember dis guy in my area o.girls used to like to attend the church cos dey said d guy is handsome.

and his pictures on his posters used to be dramatic; snapping pictures with raised eyebrows and all those overconscious poses.all that remained in d pictures ws for him 2 hold a gun like James Bond grin

my sisters and i used to laugh at his posters.lol

they even hd a publicity or evangelical outing recently.they went about with yellow hummers wink

wht is church turning into?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by boneruns(m): 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2011
Sign Firman, a rogue. He always feel as if he is a God. He drives himself on a yellow hummer jeep while is followers trudge  on long distances.

He claimed sometime ago that he was going to distribute 15million naira to his gullible congregration in a crusade.

For sometime now his ministry has been on a downturn.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by violent(m): 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
I have always maintained that if you give 10 percent of your money to a church/pastor who owns a Jet, while millions of people die of starvation in east africa, what you are practising is NOT Christianity, it's called idiocy!
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by stagger: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
violent:

I have always maintained that if you give 10 percent of your money to a church/pastor who owns a Jet, while millions of people die of starvation in east africa, what you are practising is NOT Christianity, it's called idiocy!

No, the quoted statement above is idiocy!

Everyone else has been making objective statements, until id[i]i[/i]ots like the person above stepped in. You do not just wake up and make blanket ignorant statements. I bet you probably have never been to one of the several schools that the church that has a jet has for the orphans, and you probably have never paid school fees for anyone in your life.

That is why you think you can use the anonymity of NL to talk and spew arrant garbage from your filthy mouth!

The starvation that you talk of was caused by people like Idi Amin, IBB, Mugabe, Museveni, Sassour Nguesso and all the other sit-tight despots dotted all over Africa.

So a sensible person will put the blame where it should go. Those who are in government are saddled with the responsibility of empowering its people economically. It is not the primary responsibility of the church.

So I will like you to tell me what you have personally done to bring the corrupt politicians in your country to book, as they are the ones responsible for the starvation of millions as you put it.

When Mohammed Farah Aideed was stealing aid meant for Somalia's starving, killing refugees and kidnapping aid workers, where were you? Today Somalia is a dead zone, caused by Aideed, Siad Barre and the other warlords. What have you personally done to better the lot of Somali refugees?

I can give you records of what the church that has a jet has done in that regard, with money from the pockets of its members. Let us know what you have done before you come here to demonstrate brazxen idiocy and poverty of reasoning. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by hackney(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
I believe in God and the importance of fellowshipping with believers but
i think that religion is one massive hustle.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2011
2 Bleep.ed miracle pastors almost tried to sleep with me in two different situations, undecided undecided undecided

[size=15pt]bleeping GAYS[/size]

trust me, i Bleep.ed dem up biiig time, grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by dare2think: 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2011
stagger:

I can give you records of what the church that has a jet has done in that regard, with money from the pockets of its members. Let us know what you have done before you come here to demonstrate brazxen idiocy and poverty of reasoning. angry angry angry

Is it possible to share the records pls?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by stagger: 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2011
dare2think:

Is it possible to share the records pls?

If you want it and you are objective about your reason for wanting it, then I can tell you how to obtain the records directly.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by dare2think: 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2011
Yup, I'll be objective.

I'll use reason to judge based on what I see and what the establishment owns.
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by manmustwac(m): 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
Subscribing cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by manmustwac(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
Subscribing smiley
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2011
@stagger

i'll also love to have details too, concrete details, thats what all of us are waiting for right?
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
One word, He is  a THIEF !!!!!!!!!!!

Pity, Pity gullible Nigerians.

We need to start a MOVEMENT to end all this madness, I really mean it !!!

angry
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by ada24: 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2011
did that pastor just say God is a game,
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sunofgod(m): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2011
ada24:

did that pastor just say God is a game,

He's being very honest - cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sunofgod(m): 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
The 'devil' has taken over Nigeria ohh. . . .

Hear the man - Jesus was rich, had an accountant who's name was Judas - cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by reindeer: 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
Pastor ''Fireman'' lol
why e no be pastor police? grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight by Sunofgod(m): 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
lol,

Nigerians dumb ohh, . . . . .  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chai,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Sin Would Do To You If You Continue Feeding It As A Christian (Picture) / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Pope Benedict To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.