Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists (4512 Views)

Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop / Latest Nigerian Hip Hop / 'Nigerian' Hip Hop Doesnt Make Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by ladebi(m): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2007
having little or no formal education.Marked by inferiority to an expected standard of familiarity with language and literature.uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field and topic illiterate nigeria artist.Please what level of education do we say is little please. and what level did most of our artist dropped out from the educational system.marked by inferiority to an expected standard of familiarity with language,here i can say you got tuface''the expected standard''.i say tuface cos i have seen some of his interviews,
uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field i believe all human falls under this category of illiteracy.if i aint right you can holla back and tell me why.
Please Is Tuface An Hiphop Artist?This is a question to all NAIRALANDERS.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by PoDeep(m): 8:51pm On Feb 05, 2007
Who said diddy was illiterate,dont u know that sucka did music in college?& about 2face,he might have fame & money but he still has a lot to learn.A LOT.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by zigbo(f): 1:45am On Feb 06, 2007
i think they are rily smart,they write and compose somthin people will enjoy,for instance sample ekwe,that jam is ill men that was crazy.i wud say abt 60% of nigerian artist dint go to the university,but they are rily creative at wat they do.most of them are beta than the "literates"
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by oyinboaja: 9:41am On Mar 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by busygirl(f): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2007
I'm not being sentimental here, bt i must say dt i'm highly impressed d way shifi nd tunde speaks, even dbanj. He speaks very well too. I'm nt really sure if he had a complete education but he still speaks well. Wat is  2face's problem? i was irritated wen i heard him speak on soundcity abt HIV nd he said "there IS so many diseases out there" instead of, there ARE. Pasuma is entirely anoda character. I still prefer Ayuba who can rather express himself clearly. I think 2face should work on his vocabulary,
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by zigbo(f): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2007
@oyinboaja which one be na wa oh
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by davidif: 3:16am On Apr 19, 2009
what an extremely stupid topic. Being articulate has nothing to do with being smart. Geez, 50 cent, Ja Rule and co. can they speak proper english? (Ebonics doesn't count). By the way, English is not our mother tongue so what's the big deal? na inferiority complex dey worry all of una. Nonsense.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by ElRazur: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2009
I will just like to add that, inability to speak english do not mean one is an illiterate smiley

There are genius who speaks Russians only and Well educated people who only speak Chinese. That do not make them an illiterate.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2009
@topic

Most of these so-called afro-hiphop artistes have formal education from colleges. I can confirm that 2face was at least an OND holder from IMT Enugu and have been in the limelight since then and also within the elitist ring where english is used in almost every occasion. For gawd's sake, its been over 11 years since then.

However, the nigerian educational system should be blamed for this inadequacy. But as for 2face; its obvious he never cared to learn and thereby should be held responsible for making a fool of himself and nigerians on tv. grin

I love his music though.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by baslone: 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
If you can't compose an ordinary English line does not make
you an illerate. I thought 2face,Nigga Raw,Klint and Blackface
went to the same school(IMT). I believe 2 should just
be himself and flow his normal pidgin(anywhere worldwide),because
personally that's what trips me most about him.

PS:- OUT OF CURIOSITY- Please what school did ART ALADE go?
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2009
baslone:

If you can't compose an ordinary English line does not make
you an illerate. I thought 2face,Nigga Raw,Klint and Blackface
went to the same school(IMT). I believe 2 should just
be himself and flow his normal pidgin(anywhere worldwide),because
personally that's what trips me most about him.

PS:- OUT OF CURIOSITY- Please what school did ART ALADE go?

I doubt if the OP was referring to their songs but to their interviews in english language, even after so many years of being in the position where they had no option but to learn the language.
Having noted that, the four guys you listed speak very good english except 2face and up to an extent blackface. The question now is why, since na the same school them waka go?
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by baslone: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2009
That is my point- school, English and illiteracy, no be the same thing.
Besides Blackface's English no be to an extent!
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by faiyum: 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
Join us on Ujima Radio 98 fm Bristol on the NaijaMix show with Funmijean and myself today 23/08/2014 from 12 to 2pm. Today we are talking about Nigerian musicsians and education in between sampling our Nigerian artists. If you miss it you can listen again on Ujimas website.
Re: Illiterate Nigerian Hip Hop Artists by Ojadamu(m): 8:03am On Aug 24, 2014
If you become great means you are literate and if you remain a begger undermining you went to school means you are a total illiterate. Tuface is a literate. There are people that didn't go to school but because of fame and fortune they where showered with degrees they never merited... Please boys grow up. ;DIf you become great means you are literate and if you remain a begger undermining you went to school means you are a total illiterate. Tuface is a literate. There are people that didn't go to school but because of fame and fortune they where showered with degrees they never merited... Please boys grow up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mc Hammer And Jay Z War Of Words! Wtf! / Poco Lee Vs Lil Smart (davido "Mafa Mafa" Dance Video) / *~ Tosinadeda Voted Best Poster In Music Section *~ Congratulations!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.