Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,754 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Why Does He Keep Coming Back? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does He Keep Coming Back? (3424 Views)

Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back / Why Do They Keep Coming Back? / My Ex-boyfriends Keep Coming Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by nikkie222: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2011
ok so my ex and i were together off and on for 6 months. the first time we broke up he kind of kept an eye on me and after some time we became close again and gave us another shot. the second time ot was a huge fight between us until one of our friends told us to both pull out heads out of our asses and talk to each other and from there we got back together again and then he cheated. After that i went on the war path until one of my friends took me to my old church a few months later and i talked to my old pastor about it and he suggested that i reach out to him as a friend to get some friendly closure because we were best friends before any of this started. So i messaged him asking how he's been and it was really awkward at first and he told me that what happened was an accident and that's difficult to explain. I told him i wasn't interested in an explanation. What was the point really? What's done is done. After that it got a little less awkward and we started kind of poking fun at each other again which is where alarms started going off in my head. This is pretty much how everything started each time. We talk for a few days and then he's flirting hardcore and then he asks for another chance with the most sincere expression on his face. What i don't know is WHY he keeps asking for another chance every time we start to get comfortable as friends again
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by bekay911(f): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2011
Get a life. To me u seem 2 b enjoying d hide n seek game u both r playn
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by slimyem: 6:58am On Oct 29, 2011
Stop being friends with him for now.you can be friends later when the sparks arent flying anymore.you will keep hurting yourself if you keep going back to him.trust me,i've been there.
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by Dyt(f): 7:47am On Oct 29, 2011
He only,does knows ow much u love him
he playin arnd
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by Cuddlemii: 8:52am On Oct 29, 2011
nikkie222:

ok so my ex and i were together off and on for 6 months. the first time we broke up he kind of kept an eye on me and after some time we became close again and gave us another shot. the second time ot was a huge fight between us until one of our friends told us to both pull out heads out of our asses and talk to each other and from there we got back together again and then he cheated. After that i went on the war path until one of my friends took me to my old church a few months later and i talked to my old pastor about it and he suggested that i reach out to him as a friend to get some friendly closure because we were best friends before any of this started. So i messaged him asking how he's been and it was really awkward at first and he told me that what happened was an accident and that's difficult to explain. I told him i wasn't interested in an explanation. What was the point really? What's done is done. After that it got a little less awkward and we started kind of poking fun at each other again which is where alarms started going off in my head. This is pretty much how everything started each time. We talk for a few days and then he's flirting hardcore and then he asks for another chance with the most sincere expression on his face. What i don't know is WHY he keeps asking for another chance every time we start to get comfortable as friends again

@op

Its the case of the ex. Lets shift the blame away from the guys for a second. The question you should be asking yourself is this Why do I keep taking him back? Is it because you love him too much? Is it because you have not been able to have chemistry with another guy? Is it because you have a sexual compatibility with him? Is it because you are insecure? Is it because you are scared of being alone? Once you can identify the reason for your actions, then you can take charge of them but when you dwell on his actions then you would be seeing things only from his own point of view.

Stuffs like this happen all the time but you just have to let go because at the long run, you would get hurt. But if you are up for the whirlwind & roller coaster ride, then fasten your seat belt because there is always an end to the amusement even at the park. You also have to set realistic goals for yourself, know what you want out of life, if he fits in it then go on but if he is going to be a major obstacle, kick him off now when the night is still young. Don't succumb to any emotional blackmail, make yourself happy first & I am sure with the right aura you should get a replacement as long as you are not looking for a guy that is finer, perfect than him or a rebound guy but a guy that would make you (nikkie) happy.
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by Blazing88(f): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2011
Jesus! See novel!
@op: brb
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by iice(f): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2011
Woman, you will not be experiencing all this fights and whatnot if you didn't take him back over and over. Talk about never learning from experience.
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by Wislet(f): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2011
@OP, If you keep doing that honey, he would NEVER RESPECT YOU NOR VALUE YOU. You would just be a rebound. Someone who he knows will always take him back whenever he messes up, so long as he can always pretend to be sorry. In marriage, this is the kind of situation the guy could even openly do it with no qualms toward the wife- even bring the girlfriends home. By the way, the forgiving wifey will overlook. In my opinion, for the fact he was your best friend is even enough reason for him to give you the highest respect. But obviously he knows you too well. Time for you to show him he doesn't know you anymore. Stop taking cow dung from him!
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by Wislet(f): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2011
Get a life of your own. Keep yourself occupied. Go out with friends. Give him a wide gap. Stay away for a while. If he comes back to his senses and grows up & you still love him then, you can go ahead. But if not, honey move on. You will find someone who will totally love and respect you. And hey, since you know you are weak where he is concerned and easily fall, you should consider quitting the phone calls and stop picking his.
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by freecocoa(f): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2011
You are the one even calling him back to yourself yet you are asking why he keeps coming back.
This isn't a question worth answering but since you need an answer,I'll give you one.
He keeps coming back cos you keep taking him back,its pretty obvious he knows you have a soft spot for him,and he's capitalizing on that to take advantage of you.
I know how it feels,you maybe thinking he still loves you,believe me he doesn't, just try to get a grip on it girl,you need to put your foot down.
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by CyberG: 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2011

Okafor's Law - First order derivation! grin grin

Where is my chocolate? <----- Freecocoa
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2011
[size=14pt]He keeps coming back because
* He knows you better than you know yourself. . .
* He knows you are insecure. . .
* He knows you are not in a relationship. . .
* He knows how lonely you are. . .
* He knows you miss him. . .
* He knows you want him. . .
* He knows the kind of things you like to hear, in fact he has your remote control. . .
* He knows, that you'll fall for it again, BIG TIME, . .
* He knows, that after falling for it, he'll DUMP you again, and you'll accept him again. . .

How long you continue to be his puppet, is left for you to decide. . .[/size]
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by lailaiwala: 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2011
i'm not reading all that nonsense! learn to break your posts into smaller paragraphs.

stop sleeping with him, he won't come back again.
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by freecocoa(f): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2011
lailaiwala:

i'm not reading all that nonsense! learn to break your posts into smaller paragraphs.

stop sleeping with him, he won't come back again.
You must be a funny person,you are not reading all that yet you know all what its about.
I'm just imagining the face you had on while typing that.
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by tellwisdom: 5:09am On Oct 31, 2011
Op, bring ur yansh let me see how many holes he dug embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Does He Keep Coming Back? by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 31, 2011
Insecurity dey worry u op. Pls try see ursef differently. Is this what you worth? Siddon mak u reason na. Even if you love him bt mak u stil get sense na. Abi love don cari ur all ur sense comot. Dnt mak him feel indispensible to you. U need 2 get another life asap!!

(1) (Reply)

A Lying Cheating Wife / What Every Guy Wants To Know! / This 33 Year Old London Based Nigerian Woman Urgently Needs A Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.