Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] (17790 Views)

Poll: is the WWE real or staged

Real: 14% (15 votes)
Staged: 85% (92 votes)
This poll has ended

John Cena Of World Wrestling Entertainment Died From A Severe Head Injury / Is Wrestling Real Or Acting? World Wrestling Entertainment / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by violent(m): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2011
even the kids can do all that ish!

[flash=325,325]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEYrHUQwRPc?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="[/flash]
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2011
baack in the days of mil mascara,andre the giant,it wasnot fake but when wwee and wwf came into the picture,it totally became fake.used to argue with a friend of mine and he would be ready to put his life on the line that wwe was real?
u want to see real
go watch UFC
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
violent:

[flash=325,325]
why does this look like an al-qeada training video lol
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by KacHemNaU(m): 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2011
milehigh06:

baack in the days of mil mascara,andre the giant,it wasnot fake but when wwee and wwf came into the picture,it totally became fake.used to argue with a friend of mine and he would be ready to put his life on the line that wwe was real?
u want to see real
go watch UFC
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
violent:

[flash=325,325]

i love the video
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by manny4life(m): 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2011
is only someone who's dumb will believe that Poo is real; that thing is as fake as b.r.e.a.s.t implants.  grin grin grin
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by denitro(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2011
WWE is entertainment much like the movie industry,
It is reality played out with a script written out and delivered to the wrestlers
who's responsibility is to keep fans entertained,
WWE is staged not FAKE
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2011
Fake obviously.I remember watching with my bro while in sec school and John Cena came up and said 'Do not try this at home as all the PERFORMERS are trained and the moves are sequenced', but people would still not believe anyway. I still argue with university students,they just wont budge. Anyway I caught on when I was like 10,11 and I've stopped watching since then.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by engrj(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2011
Is real and is also my Favorite entertainment .
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by velo10: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
WWE is under a branch of sports called "Sports Entertainment". The primary aim to to entertain that's why they make everything entertaining from the wrestler's character to his moves and speech. However not everything here is scripted as it seems. I am talking as a longtime wrestling fan, who stopped watching for years and have gone back to watching it. Some of the matches are real, they weren't pre-planned like most others.
As for all those saying wrestling is fake:

Are the bleeding fake?
Are the effects of the moves fake? Why not try it on someone to see the pain this athletes put themselves through.
Are the injuries also fake? I can state many wrestlers that have retired as a result of injury

WWE has both reality and fake but it's primary aim is to entertain. So forget if it's scripted or not, just sit back and enjoy the matches. They guarantee you no dull moment unlike most other sports.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2011
Believe that then you'll believe anything
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by JUO(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2011
is entertainment, so u don't expect them to kill somebody. they have to be extremely careful
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by EEVICTOREE(m): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
I'm a Big Fan of Smack Down ANd RAW,

I don't think WWE is real! smiley
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Salmoneus(m): 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2011
I'm embarrassed that this is on the front page, are you kids? Wrestling is a WORK!! and the fans who believe it's real are called MARKS, google these term: kayfabe!
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Jman3(m): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
Guys, a lot of it is scripted, and choreographed! A LOT.
Then there are a few that cant be choreographed but the winner would have already been decided backstage (there was a case when Owen hart gave  his opponent REAL neck breaker and the guy passed out. Come and see panic from owen as he wasnt the one that was "arranged" to win. After a lot of noise and running/bouncing round the ring-to wake the guy up-, the opponent eventually woke up and won in a flimsy manner).
Then there is the ever so few that i cant term as fake.  The blood gushing from busted faces cant be simulated. (A clear case was a fight betw Undertaker and Mankind. this was hell in a cell. They both were fighting ON TOP OF THE STEEL CAGE- outside the ring and undertaker threw him from there on to the stands  shocked shocked shocked . Mankind fell with his back on the commentator table. It was epic. The paramedics were called in as it was thought the fight was over! Has anyone seen that particular fight? it was so bloody.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by kabasa77(m): 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2011
No matter who you are.no matter what you do please dont try this at home tongue, I think most of it is real, but whether real or staged i love the WWE even my granny cant stop watching it wink grin
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by EEVICTOREE(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
kabasa77:

No matter who you are.no matter what you do please dont try this at home tongue, I think most of it is real, but whether real or staged i love the WWE even my granny cant stop watching it wink grin

Yeah that is the deep ishhh!
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by oc2fish: 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2011
They are fake. I am a Judoka i know what it takes to fight real for 5 mins,
this people fight for a long time withouy tiring out.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2011
We argued several times in secondary school about this issue because a lot of us were addicted to wrestling. We watched wrestemania, royal ruble, summer slam etc. and fantasized about Hulk Hogan, Mighty igor, Undertaker etc. I often ask myself why YOKOZUNA would not seat on one person and kill him immediately.

The truth is that wrestling is a properly scripted play and if you watch very closely it will just pan out that this is fake. It baffles me how any adult could possibly think this child's play is real.

In contrast, I also watched Roddy piper fracture his leg and I understand uptil this moment he still limps.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by gascoign1(m): 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2011
Its not real and i enjoy watching it
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by stildude(m): 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
iice:

Fake.
So i switched to mixed martial arts fighting like UFC.  Now that is where real bone crushing and blood spilling come in grin

cool

One real kick or punch from any of those guys would mean D.E.A.D. Even the Olympic OC is yet allow some martial arts to feature at the olympics cos of risks to contestants. Fine stage acts though!
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Rastamann: 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2011
WWE is scripted for entertainment.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by doncampos: 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
I bought a ticket recently for WWE RAW in houston and was very disappointed, u get to see all their mistakes right in your face. I'm still a fan though. Its strickly for entertainment so we can't say its "fake". Yeah its very fake. Its like saying a tv program or a movie is fake.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by johndavid1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2011
don_campos:

I bought a ticket recently for WWE RAW in houston and was very disappointed, u get to see all their mistakes right in your face. I'm still a fan though. Its strickly for entertainment so we can't say its "fake". Yeah its very fake. Its like saying a tv program or a movie is fake.
shocked shocked shocked shocked wink wink wink grin grin grin grin
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
Now allow me to comment. What I'm going to say may be a bit lengthy but it is worth it.

Some years ago, I watched a documentary about wrestling and it exposed the real truth: wrestling is purely entertainment, carried out by professional stunt men.

In this documentary, it showed how a wrestler can get people to love him (such as Brett Hart giving his specs to one special kid in the audience, or Rey Mysterio putting his masked face together with some other masked kids in the audience or a wrestler shaking some spectators before entering the ring) or make people hate him[b] (such as abusing spectators, calling them names or getting into a fight with a spectator or not allowing spectators to touch him)[/b]. The spectators who get into fights with the wrestlers are also specially put there for that reason and are also part of the show.

The documentary also showed the kind of props used such as: baseball bats, trash cans, iron pipes, chairs, tables, ring corners and the ring surface and surroundings. These props are not your regular everyday objects. They have been made specially not to cause injury or disability when used. Also the ring side is padded and also the ring surface. I still remember the ring corners which had foam-like stuff which some wrestlers slam the head of their opponents on. These stuff were well padded and made of 6inches of foam( I remeber these words).

Also when executing a move, such as jumping on someone, punching, kicking, slamming, clothes-line, etc, there are set ways to carry out these moves without injuring the person. Remember, these guys are WELL TRAINED STUNTMEN who are paid to do stunts. Also, there is a considerable amount of pain involved (slamming someone from a 10feet height or slamming upon a table) so therefore they sometimes take drugs for pain. That is why they warn, 'do not try this at home'.

Wrestling is purely entertainment but it involves pain too and is only done by trained stunts men posing as wrestlers.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by adewasco2k(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2011
pure entertainment and nothing more, #Acting noni undecided undecided undecided
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Tayeni(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
i used to think it was real when i was younger . but now i see thru every trick.with all the slamming ,punching and throwing,no body seems to bleed. that's why it has no credibility like boxing. wrestlers are just a bunch of gay men,who have found the opportunity to rub[SMACK] their sweaty bodies with others like them grin. for all u folks that love watching , grow up.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by albridge(m): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2011
of course its fake. its just practiced entertainment undecided
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by omafones: 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2011
if it's real why doesn't anyone bet on the results?
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by darne(m): 1:08am On Nov 02, 2011
I L<3VE WWE, SMACK DOWN/RAW !!!!!!! I dont Give A F@ck On What YOU think !!!!!!!!
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by ddippset(m): 2:18am On Nov 02, 2011
i have always known it's fake. i do enjoy the commentries though. they commentators are always very funny guys. but what still beats my imagination is the number of fans you see in the arena watching the fake stuff.
Re: Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] by Adeleke3: 2:46am On Nov 02, 2011
it is an entertainment thats well organised, its like looking for actor and actress in movie to be real dead, who will act again?, i

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Survival: Victims Of Calabar Electrocution Cry Out Loud For Help (photo) / 2021 AFCON Moved From June To January Because Of Unfavorable Weather / Dennerby Releases Super Falcons 23 Woman List For Women's World Cup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.