Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins (48314 Views)

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira / Female OAU Graduate Wins N1m In iROKOtv Programming Contest / Sayo Oladeji Wins N1m In Programming Contest (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2011
*Smacks head*
I actually just saw the req for the governor account. Should be up pronto.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2011
His account is cbngov@cbn.gov, password cbn.
No one else can create auctions now.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2011
@Seun All naira from winning bids now go to the account of the CBN governor. (If only SLS was that lucky!)
THe cbngov account is also unable to make bids.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2011
Well done. I'm impressed by your progress. So I guess it's now a one man race.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
Regular users can deposit naira and withdraw dollars.
The CBN should be able to deposit dollars and withdraw naira.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 12, 2011
jajad:

@Seun All naira from winning bids now go to the account of the CBN governor. (If only SLS was that lucky!)
THe cbngov account is also unable to make bids.
^^^One man mopol. . .
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by unclenna(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
senu, you are trying to rip off nigeria, how do you expect me to write the software for 100k, is too small, i rather develop it and sell it to CBN, iF YOU need help to program that call me and i will do just that for you, email rather nnanna_okeke@yahoo.com, anywhere thanks for the idea i will look into it
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2011
@Seun: Changes have been made to allow the CBN account to load dollars and withdraw naira. Normal accounts can do the opposite.
Any other requests?

@Everyone else, comments and suggestions please?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by yamakuza: 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
jajad:

@Seun: Changes have been made to allow the CBN account to load dollars and withdraw naira. Normal accounts can do the opposite.
Any other requests?

@Everyone else, comments and suggestions please?

kudos! Great work there!

1. Please put the url in your signature to make it easier to reach.

2. Also, mind putting contact details on your profile for those who have jobs to outsource?

3. Are you a Nigerian? In Nigeria?

Brb!
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2011
Email address verification, of course, as indicated in the original spec.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
Seun:

Ok sir. sad
*Mumbles under breath*
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
:-)

Can you also fix the date/time system so it works with relative time? when setting up an auction, you should be able to say I want the auction to be open for 3 days or 5 hours or 8 minutes. when viewing an auction, you should be able to see whether the auction ends in 2 days or 7 hours or 4 minutes.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
password hashing would be good too. smiley Love your use of Twitter Bootstrap.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
yamakuza:

kudos! Great work there!

1. Please put the url in your signature to make it easier to reach.

2. Also, mind putting contact details on your profile for those who have jobs to outsource?

3. Are you a Nigerian? In Nigeria?

Brb!

1. Done
2. Done, outsource away. smiley
3. Yes and yes.

Seun:

Yes it would.
It's pretty, isn't it.

Seun:

Can you also fix the date/time system so it works with relative time? when setting up an auction, you should be able to say I want the auction to be open for 3 days or 5 hours or 8 minutes. when viewing an auction, you should be able to see whether the auction ends in 2 days or 7 hours or 4 minutes.

I suppose so, undecided
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by ektbear: 1:39am On Nov 13, 2011
Is bootstrap what people use nowadays? It used to be Blueprint and 960.gs, no?

Jajad, do you also know ruby on rails? If so, I'll get in touch with you.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

Is bootstrap what people use nowadays? It used to be Blueprint and 960.gs, no?

Jajad, do you also know ruby on rails? If so, I'll get in touch with you.
Plese do. smiley

Seun:

Done

Seun:

Done

Seun:

Done

Any more issues?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2011
Nice work. Things seem really nice now. Well done!

Can you indicate the proper currency units ($ or ) everywhere in the user interface where applicable?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2011
Can you also include Cross-Site-Request-Forgery protection so third parties can't log users out or trick them into performing other unintended actions on the site?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2011
Seun:

Nice work. Things seem really nice now. Well done!

Can you indicate the proper currency units ($ or ) everywhere in the user interface where applicable?
Thank you. Sure.

Seun:

Can you also include Cross-Site-Request-Forgery protection so third parties can't log users out or trick them into performing other unintended actions on the site?
Ahh. I see.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2011
Seun:

Please inspect. Basic CSRF protection implemented.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2011
jajad:
Please inspect. Basic CSRF protection implemented.
Not Bad. Good work!

More things to look at:
- Contrary to popular opinion online, the naira sign is actually the unicode character ₦ and not N.
- The auction mechanism doesn't seem to be perfected yet. An auction that was supposed
to expire in 1 minute rolled back to 23 hours 59 minutes after and has remained open since!!
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2011
Seun:

Not Bad. Good work!

More things to look at:
- Contrary to popular opinion online, the naira sign is actually the unicode character ₦ and not N.
- The auction mechanism doesn't seem to be perfected yet. An auction that was supposed
to expire in 1 minute rolled back to 23 hours 59 minutes after and has remained open since!!

There was a problem with the date display. It's already been fixed. ₦ coming right up.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jajad: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
₦ Done. What next?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2011
I'll test the auction mechanism.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 6:51am On Nov 15, 2011
Tested & seems to work as expected.  Well done! 

I know I said I'll wait until I have two good entries, but I'm thinking of picking the winner right now because jajad just completed his entry to my satisfaction and the others haven't done much at all.  I'll keep the second-place prize for the next person who submits a satisfactory entry.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by yamakuza: 9:05am On Nov 15, 2011
^ sounds good.

The others? Thot there were only 2? Jajad and DonJazy or something.

Congrats jajad!
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 9:30am On Nov 15, 2011
DonJazzy has not updated his repo in 3 days. I think he got stuck on OOP. The 2nd prize is waiting for him.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 9:54am On Nov 15, 2011
The winner of this contest will be announced this afternoon. If you're working, let me know.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by instinctg(m): 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2011
I think jadad ll win it.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by engprodigy: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2011
i wld hv loved to work on this project but a bit busy. i wld be waiting for the next one and in case Seun is interested on seeing some of my programming job pls PM me at kolbello@dianetsolutions.com Thanks.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by laboskky(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2011
please help out, i want to post n advert of a car, how do i go about it?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by jacob05(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2011
it's Long since i touched my lovely Python. Nice Contest ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Project Topics In Computer Science / Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin / Game Development: Join The Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.