Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,740 members, 7,806,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins (48306 Views)

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira / Female OAU Graduate Wins N1m In iROKOtv Programming Contest / Sayo Oladeji Wins N1m In Programming Contest (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
ROARS WITH LAFTER! THIS THREAD ALWAYS CRACKS ME UP. CONGRATS MR TOP-PROGRAMMER - F**K ALL THE COMPLAINERS!

Seun:

Ok, I'm sorry for calling your comments _, but I'm interested in programmers and not complainers.
Dont mind them jare, them no fit code dey yarn nonsense - them be lawyers and not programmers.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Seun(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
Wow well done. Thought the second prize would remain unclaimed forever.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by ebukeez: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
hey this is realy important digitech has found a java and php programmer and someone who can develop flash application is urgently needed.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by ektbear: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2011
@omo_to_dun: good job.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
I want to claim third price! Let me start now. . .should I?

So we really have some good programmers amongst them afteral, congrats omot
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by ektbear: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
Btw omo_to_dun, what is the best way to get in touch with you?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by yamakuza: 9:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
^ congrats Alhaji!

So, like how many days did it take you (as a Python newbie?), and was it as easy as Seun claimed?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
That is very good. . .that you step up to the challenge - i love that. So how much percentages are you guys giving me for doing cheerleading?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by yamakuza: 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
omo_to_dun:
By the way, I am not a Python newbie. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give myself a solid 4.

4, before or after the project?

After, i presume.

I daresay you could have won 1st prize if only u'd turned this in weeks ago.

[s]dhtml and others, 3rd prize of 5k each (and bragging rights) is still available o![/s]
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^I want to outdo those dudes so that i can thump my hands on my chest like king-kong - yeah, i dusted those elstupido boys!
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by zebudaya(m): 6:52am On Dec 03, 2011
Shout out to jajad and omo_to_dun. Seun I don't know how you deal with such negativity. Shout out to you too.

Someone put up a contest with hard earned prize money and of course naysayers don't even attempt to solve the problem. It's either the money is too small, or the contest is too hard, or the contest is rigged just an excuse to not do anything. It's a shame you should be ashamed. I'm glad y'all kept quiet after someone claimed the prize money

Shout out to the ones who only saw solutions and not obstacles.

@Naysayers: You are your own worst enemy.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2011
You mean the lawyers have kept quiet for the real programmers eh?
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by easik: 8:52am On Feb 27, 2013
WOW, just WOW.. Appalled by some of the earlier responses I read.

The fact that most of you morons didn't see the opportunity in this is seriously shocking. Accusing the man of trying to buy codes for cheap.

Why? why? why? why? are we Nigerians like this? This is the reason your country is moving backwards in the last 2 decades. Money money money, owo sha. Let's just say, hypothetically speaking, that Seun did run a contest just to get some cheap codes, it's still an opportunity for you upcoming programmers to show your skills, earn some money and better yet get an opportunity to work on something bigger, and potentially climb the ladder to even bigger opportunities. I mean the guy owns Nairaland, do you think he needs your code to eat?

Mark Zukerberg used to code for free, even offered cheap services back in college. You wanna know how facebook really got started with hiring it's employees? They host HACKATHONS, which is still a tradition in US tech industry today. The winning Prize? FREE BOOZE. You think the participants always b*%ch about what the winning price is or the motives of the contest owner? NO they do it for the recognition and eventually get hooked up with bank rolling gigs and opportunities.

Seek the opportunity, NOT the money. Don't be a greedy dumbass like most of your country men.

3 Likes

Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by 4watever: 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
Impressive.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by wisdompraise(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Good day Mr. Seun.

Please I need your contact for a great project. Or maybe you can connect me with whoever that wins this so that he can work for my project. My email okekeprincesolomon@gmail.com Whatsapp 08064434353

Best regards.
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by Atanas: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hi.... please help me to unlock my alkatel onetouch idol 2 6037y imei 864694020402090 thanks
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by idris01(m): 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dear all, am developing a project on road traffic management in JAVA, using simulated annealing and genetic algorithm. Deadline: 2weeks. If interested, call:08026248258
Mr Idris
idrab4all@yahoo.com
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by yesnojar(m): 11:33am On Mar 07, 2016
i would like programmers on this topic
[size=50pt]say i[/size] undecided
Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by VictorIfe(m): 9:58am On Nov 11, 2022
o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Project Topics In Computer Science / Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin / Game Development: Join The Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.