Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! (2807 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Falconet Player Sophia Omotola Omidiji: National U-20 Women / Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by Relax101(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2011
John Obuh, Nigeria's former under-20 coach, has said the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) must settle its long-standing debt to him.

Obuh says the NFF owes him 13 months' salary arrears from late 2009 to December 2010.

Obuh led the African champions to a quarter-final finish at July's Fifa Under-20 World Cup in Colombia.

Expected to continue in his under-20 role by the NFF, Obuh said his patience is fast running out.

"It's inexplicable that they paid me from January 2011 to August 2011 but failed to pay all through my first year in the job," Obuh told BBC Sport.

Continue reading the main story
I love my job but that is not going to take care of my family and I hope they [NFF] understand that.
John Obuh
Former Nigeria under-20 coach
"I've been verbally asked to continue as the under-20 coach but no one is saying anything about the backlog owed.

"I love my job but that is not going to take care of my family and I hope they [NFF] understand that," he said.

NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire said Obuh's latest remarks are "unfortunate".

Olajire attributed the possible delay in payment to a 'mix-up' or 'misunderstanding' in administrative paperwork.

"That's really unfortunate to hear but I suspect there is a misunderstanding somewhere for part of his payment to be missing," Olajire told BBC Sport.

"The NFF technical department as well as the secretary-general are always on top of issues relating to this.

NIGERIA'S UNPAID COACHES THROUGH THE YEARS
Continue reading the main story
Christian Chukwu
Shaibu Amodu
Eucharia Uche
Austin Eguavoen
Godwin Izilien
John Obuh
"There is a proper channel if he wants to deal with us directly. He must let us know, through a written process and not in the media."

But a disappointed Obuh expanded further on what he believes is the NFF's frustrating merry-go-round procedure.

"They owe me the money, I've been demanding it but no one is interested in sorting it out for me," he said.

"The records are there for all to see. I didn't get my salary since I took over after the 2009 Fifa World Cup."

Obuh was in charge when debutants Switzerland beat hosts Nigeria 1-0 to win the 2009 Fifa Under-17 World Cup in Abuja.

It is not the first time Nigerian coaches have been caught in the web of unpaid salaries.

Recently the likes of Christian Chukwu, Shaibu Amodu, Eucharia Uche and Austin Eguavoen have gone to the media seeking payment for outstanding salaries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15464008.stm
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by oloriooko(m): 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2011
we have the wrong guys in the right places. how can Ojajire talk like a daft. and you expect the best from the coaches? rubbish!!!
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by freecocoa(f): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2011
If they are owing him,they should pay up na,or is that not how its supposed to be?
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by Challas(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
>>>>>>>>>this is no news after all he is not d first and he won't be d last>>>>>>>>next person>>>>>
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by Challas(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
>>>>>>>>>this is no news after all he is not d first and he won't be d last>>>>>>>>next person>>>>>
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by dustydee: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2011
why Nigeria why?
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by Sagamite(m): 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
I have no pity for the cheat-loving, incompetent, foolish quack coach!

I am just concerned this shows the incompetent cretins running our FA.
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by upnaijaDRN: 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
make them pay am now
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by member479760: 5:47am On Oct 31, 2011
so FG dey in this 419 business also!
Re: Former Nigeria U-20 Coach John Obuh Demands Salary! by alex406(m): 9:02am On Oct 31, 2011
nakedall:

so FG dey in this 419 business also!
U no dey Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Am Tired Of Wasting My Time, Data, And Money On Betting / Joining A Football Academy? / Manchester United Will Win 5 Trophies In 2017/18 Season (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.