Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (32303 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ImaIma1(f): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
NOKIA 3310 where did u hear that bullshit from?is it because d muslims can pretend.

u see the ones tht cover all over.sometimes dts a front.just remove the ijab and wht they r wearin under is shocking!!!!!

the same way they wear it, they cn remove it fast for action.

and they r hardly found out cos they r disguisd.

a girl in my skul ws even hiding pregnancy under her ijab gown.

men!!!leave that side.

in the north it is even advancd; with high cases of homosexuality and prostitution.

lets not go dia!!!!

leave and lets live
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by nokia3310: 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

don't let those hijabs deceive you.
i have been to the north and the immorality rate in those states makes a mockery of babylon in the bible.

And i can assure you that most of the immorality you see on the streets or anywhere in Muslim dominated states are mostly perpetrated by your Christians brothers and sisters

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2011
The saddest thing is one of the girls said if only I were a muslim, she would have married me. cry
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
nokia3310:

And i can assure you that most of the immorality you see on the streets or anywhere in Muslim dominated states are mostly perpetrated by your Christians brothers and sisters

hahaha

I had many friends who work in Dubai and they tell me tales about ARAB men and Eastern european women that are so horrific , profane and outright disgusting.

Don't even try to come up with this holier than thou attitude.

Homosexuality and perversion is prevalent in the North and other ISLAMIC countries, who are you kidding !!!

Don't let me start posting the statistics here !!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
Okija_juju:

You know, that would be a fair statement if the second, third and fourth wives of most polygamous Muslim men are widows or divorcees, but they arent. These women are young, often underage girls that are married against their will.

you are right about the above but in d case of the woman who gets what she wants only because of this process?? take the example of what Ibrosaunks said-

The both ladies I was telling you about are not even up to 20. The one who is a 3rd wife cried to me when her father concluded plans of marrying her off to this rich muslim business man.

Many people make the mistake of confusing cultural practices with iSLAM. A woman's consent must be sought in an Islamic setting before she can be married. There are yoruba Muslims to look at but many prefer the hausas as examples.

Female genital cutting for example is prevalent in Northern Nigeria and so is it in the south. While many equate that of the north with Islam, they take the southern one as cultural. You can always come to this section to hear what enlightened Muslims have to say in relation to their religion rather than what the press says or what the bigoted christians want proclaimed.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by IbroSaunks(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

there's no advantage in polygamy - there's always conflict in the family. women are naturally jealous beings and for that reason, there can never be peace.
most of them smile in public and harbour evil vices in their hearts. some do juju and other metaphysical stunts. this then transcends to the children and so on and so forth.
well the fact remains that women would always be the higher gender in the worlds population. who would now marry them, is up to u maybe??
and its only immature people that let their natural flaws control how they behave bro!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by IbroSaunks(m): 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2011
@deols please can u post the link of the website u got the jihad article u recently posted? i want to write a couple of articles based on it.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by nokia3310: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ima Ima:

NOKIA 3310 where did u hear that bullshit from?is it because d muslims can pretend.

u see the ones tht cover all over.sometimes dts a front.just remove the ijab and wht they r wearin under is shocking!!!!!

the same way they wear it, they cn remove it fast for action.

and they r hardly found out cos they r disguisd.

a girl in my skul ws even hiding pregnancy under her ijab gown.

men!!!leave that side.

in the north it is even advancd; with high cases of homosexuality and prostitution.

lets not go dia!!!!

leave and lets live

I'm not in anyway saying that girls that cover in Hijab don't commit immoral act, what i'm saying is that the immorality rate is higher in Christians dominated areas. I've traveled the length and breadth of this country, and base on my observations, i will confidently tell you that the immoral acts i saw on the streets of places like Porthacourt, is 100 times more than what we have in  the north even in our campuses.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
nokia3310:

except that christians don't wear hijabs.
all the ones i saw or spoke to were muslims and they were ready for instant s[i]e[/i]x before alhaji comes back from work.

Okija_juju:

I'm sorry dear, but Its not like that. I just make them feel good, give them the attention their husbands fail to give them. And moreover, I knew both of them before they were forced into marriage. Atimes most women who cheat on their husbands dont do it because they are being sexually starved,  but cos they are emotionally neglected by their husbands, and thats where I come in.

I dont like it but if I dont do it, some other punk would just take advantage of them.

you are a tool!

so you are justifying fuckin other people's wives?
you are not even scared he might lace them with juju to test their fidelity.
if there's any justice in the world, you will die on top of one of them very soon and i will laugh at your obituary.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by pynkspyce: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
oh please. men with many wives still have concubines.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
YOU GUYS TALK 2 MUCH WITHOUT MAKING A POINT.
THE OBVIOUS FACT OF THE OF THE MATTER HERE IS THAT BOTH MUSLIM AND XTIAN MEN COMMIT SERIOUS ADULTREY (i.e IN D REAL CONTEXT OF D WORD).
BUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE HIA IS THAT ISLAM MEN HIDE UNDER THE TRADITION OF POLYGAMY. WHAT A SHAME.
Therefore if an average man sleeps with 10 women b4 marrying 1 or none of dem, a muslim does that 4 tyms more than a xtian man(WTF, thats if they stop at 4 wives)
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by KacHemNaU(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
True talk @Ibro
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
IbroSaunks:

well the fact remains that women would always be the higher gender in the worlds population. who would now marry them, is up to u maybe??
and its only immature people that let their natural flaws control how they behave bro!

it's a myth that there are more women than men in the world.
the fact is there are more men than women in the world and if a woman cannot get a husband, she should marry her career, adopt a child and enjoy her life till death comes.

must everyone marry?
in their selfish bid to marry, they go to a peaceful home and destroy it for the first wife.
there's no woman in the world that would be happy her husband is getting another woman. even when they agree to it, it's because they have no choice!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
I kind of like muslim women. They are very generous with the d1ck. So sharing and loving set of humans.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by 9icelag: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2011
so wat of the children ?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
THE OBVIOUS FACT OF THE OF THE MATTER HERE IS THAT BOTH MUSLIM AND XTIAN MEN COMMIT SERIOUS ADULTREY (i.e IN D REAL CONTEXT OF D WORD).
BUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE HIA IS THAT ISLAM MEN HIDE UNDER THE TRADITION OF POLYGAMY. WHAT A SHAME.
Therefore if an average man sleeps with 10 women b4 marrying 1 or none of dem, a muslim does that 4 tyms more than a xtian man(WTF, thats if they stop at 4 wives)
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

don't let those hijabs deceive you.
i have been to the north and the immorality rate in those states makes a mockery of babylon in the bible.

and just like dat, many of dem lived in the north. Just to prove d hausas wrong they invent lies. Do u care to tell us the brothel u were visiting? and again, can u honestly compare the rate with the one you see in the south??

Point is, the rate is still very less anywhere Islam is practiced. can you honestly tell us you have never committed fornication? and you would be representing christianity by your statement.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by brainpulse: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
Pls lets think about it. How will you as a man satisfy the attention of 4 women at a time always and the others will not be jealous. It leads to chaos, most men that i see keeps these ladies as girlfriends. Then if the lady takes in, the man then has no option than to marry her. Then to my question, What was the very first act commited outside the marriage? Adultery. Which was the act the Glorious Books says they should avoid by marrying more than one wife? Then the man unleashes another 3,4 and underground runs. the first wife is now neglected, her husband attention is now divided among 3 others, The books says she must be happy with it whether she likes it or not then she says it is her destiny.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ImaIma1(f): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2011
NOKIA 3310 its because u see the acts happenin in places like PH and dey r not hiding it.but the north and muslims hide their acts. where u have many rules and restraint, there is likely to be more of what they r trying to stop. they just learn 2 be discreet and very criminally creative minded.

when u tell a child not to do something, he will hide and find a way to do it and even abuse it without gettin caught.

in d north they hv brothels 4 homosexuals(MUSLIM MEN O)

we hv 2 do a census to be sure.and i think d north will win d highest percentage of immorality cos the north is large and are mostly muslims.then add d yorubas and others dt shld boost d number.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
mbatuku2:

I kind of like muslim women. They are very generous with the d1ck. So sharing and loving set of humans.

if you don't have any meaningful comment to contribute, put your tail between your scrawny legs and scram!
this discussion is not to denigrate any religion, you obdurate w@nker. . . .and if we dig deep into your life, you are a male virgin who has never seen the undies of any woman in your lifetime.

deols:

and just like dat, many of dem lived in the north. Just to prove d hausas wrong they invent lies. Do u care to tell us the brothel u were visiting? and again, can u honestly compare the rate with the one you see in the south??

it wasn't a brothel - it was a social gathering of youths in kaduna.
the rate is the same - it's just that people often perceive that any woman wearing the hijab is holy compared to the muslims you would find in lagos on low-rise jeans and tank tops.

Point is, the rate is still very less anywhere Islam is practiced. can you honestly tell us you have never committed fornication? and you would be representing christianity by your statement.

it's not.
it's just that it is not in your face like the south. whether it's done secretly or in the open - fact remains fornication is fornication.

can i honestly tell you i have not fornicated? who hasn't? and how does that affect the price of fish in the market?
the point is - when you see women in hijab, they want people to think they are holy which means they shall be judged severely if found wanting than the mini-skirt muslim sisters.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by norris1980: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2011
IBB 1wife
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
blogger1.0:

There is nothing like 4 wives only in Islam. What happens is being allowed to upgrade 4 members of a man's harem(combination of 'wives' and concubines) to 'wives' status.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
brainpulse:

Pls lets think about it. How will you as a man satisfy the attention of 4 women at a time always and the others will not be jealous. It leads to chaos, most men that i see keeps these ladies as girlfriends. Then if the lady takes in, the man then has no option than to marry her. Then to my question, What was the very first act commited outside the marriage? Adultery. Which was the act the Glorious Books says they should avoid by marrying more than one wife? Then the man unleashes another 3,
4 and underground runs. the first wife is now neglected, her husband attention is now divided among 3 others, The books says she must be happy with it whether she likes it or not then she says it is her destiny.

this is what happens when you dont read previous posts before commenting. A man doesnt have to marry four wives but he is allowed to.

Your point is the type I should ignore but I c in you someone who needs tutoring. Adultery is a great sin in Islam. Something Islam would never condone. So, the people you see are wrong and their act, unislamic.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by nokia3310: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
frosbel:

hahaha

I had many friends who work in Dubai and they tell me tales about ARAB men and Eastern european women that are so horrific , profane and outright disgusting.

Don't even try to come up with this holier than thou attitude.

Homosexuality and perversion is prevalent in the North and other ISLAMIC countries, who are you kidding !!!

Don't let me start posting the statistics here !!

Mr. Statistics, pls come up with the statistics and tell us how many Muslim countries are pushing for same sex marriage as compared the Christian dominated countries

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by azeezengr(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
Just thinking about Obasajo and King Sunny Ade, are they christians? Am sure they are not only POLYGAMIST  but also have SEVERAL MISTRESSES AND CONCUBINES!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
nokia3310:

Mr. Statistics, pls come up with the statistics and tell us how many Muslim countries are pushing for same sex marriage as compared the Christian dominated countries

Hmm, they are not Christian countries, there is no such thing as a Christian country.

Our hope is not in this profane world but in the world to come wherein dwelleth righeousness, peace and Joy in our GOD.

Therefore I deplore both these secular states that allow such sick behaviour, but also other religions that preach indulgence and not sobriety.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
mbatuku2:

There is nothing like 4 wives only in Islam. What happens is being allowed to upgrade 4 members of a man's harem(combination of 'wives' and concubines) to 'wives' status.

I can only pity you! smh
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
coogar:

you are a tool!

so you are justifying fuckin other people's wives?
you are not even scared he might lace them with juju to test their fidelity.
if there's any justice in the world, you will die on top of one of them very soon and i will laugh at your obituary.

Shi't men!!  shocked

Like seriously!!  shocked

Did I expressly say I was sleeping with any of them?!  angry

So a man can make a woman feel good about herself without se'x involved abi?!

Na wah o!!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by brainpulse: 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
@deols

If you are so convinced with your facts that we have less immorality in the north because islam encourages more wives because of adultery and you say Islam preaches peace, then why do we have the highest number of violence cases in the north even till tommorrow (because you can always predict it now even when you close your eyes).

The bottom line is that Marrying more than 1 wife can not tame the desire of adultery. It is first a desire that religion needs to kill from the root rather than encouraging.

Averagely no reasonable man wants to waste money, time ,resources chasing after other ladies outside marriage but when the evil desires comes he does everything to kill, then when he sees religions permits it then it becomes a yard stick for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Muslims Praying In Bayelsa Shut Down A Major Road, Cars Blocked (Photos) / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan / See What’s Inside The Holy Kaaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.