Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Effect Of Facebook On Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Effect Of Facebook On Relationships (6928 Views)

Negative Effect Of Sleeping With A Prostitute. / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by aloyemeka1: 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
How has facebook helped or marred your relationship?. People usually put their relationship status on FB and women can easily track their cheating partners when they either change their relationship status or add new friends. However, it seems that the relationship  help check  some get from facebook is annoying to others. So, what is the effect of facebook on your relationship/marriage?
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by iice(f): 5:11am On Oct 30, 2011
No effect. Rarely go there. Can't remember the last time i went on there sef.
Even off the internet, people can't discern my relationship na internet people want try grin Will yield zilch.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by naija4(m): 5:26am On Oct 30, 2011
Am not in any relationship but fb does affect everything we do even our relatiönships.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by freecocoa(f): 5:54am On Oct 30, 2011
Facebook ko nyashbook ni.
I wonder what the heck is so freaking people about that place sef.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by claremont(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2011
I'm on Facebook, but it had no effect whatsoever when I was in a relationship. I have since "unfriended" my exes though, I wouldn't like them keeping tabs on what I do there. All social networking sites operate on the premise of garbage in-garbage out, what people know of you is based on how much information you choose to put on there.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by aloyemeka1: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2011
I do know that many people use FB to checkmate their partners.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by sexylogan(m): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2011
my ex gf saw my present gf's pic on my fb wall. All she cud say was 'nice one'.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 31, 2011
[size=14pt]Only KIDS would rely on facebook to affect their relationships in a positive or negative way!. . . Now, choosing how long you want to remain a Kid is left for you to decipher. . .[/size]
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by kayalla(f): 9:59am On Oct 31, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Only KIDS would rely on facebook to affect their relationships in a positive or negative way!. . . Now, choosing how long you want to remain a Kid is left for you to decipher. . .[/size]

enhee, leave us childs abi na kids to enjoy Facebook.
atleast till we grow we will upgrade.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by Igosun: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2011
Though we talked about fb very well but we dint add each other so fb dint bring any effect to our marriage.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by micawber(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2011
sexkillz:

Facebook is rather for matured men than children. There are quiet a lot you can do with facebook. Honestly you have been missing a lot if you don't use facebook. It's not all about relationships, some people still find love and maintain relationships via facebook.  There are cases where one travels abroad leaving friends behind, facebook remain the easiest way to still keep in touch. Everyone doesn't use skype, yahoo messenger is no longer that rampant, not everybody uses BB (some use it but no BIS). I still respect facebook, it has influenced my life. My first undergraduate scholarship wouldn't have come if i don't use facebook. It's a very nice medium to share ideas and information with friends.

There are quiet an uncountable number of things you can do with facebook.
Note: An oversea scholarship can be yours, keep applying, it cost nothing to submit application.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by adamsumale(m): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2011
I think it has done more harm to relationships than good. It has messed up alot of relationships. Imagine a guy encouraging his babbe to open a facebook account so as to improve communication between themselves instead she gets to meet someone else and change perception within a short period.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 31, 2011
It built then destroyed it, But no time for love or relationships anyway, Am a freelancer undecided
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by pkv(m): 11:10am On Oct 31, 2011
sexkillz:

wat a primitive and narrow perception 4rm an old skool.uncle ur old age no favour ur thinking at all!
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by omo9ja1(m): 11:17am On Oct 31, 2011
well I have not issue with Facebook, but just feel the amount of information you put there matters.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by freecocoa(f): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2011
Ijogz K:

no time for love or relationships anyway, Am a freelancer undecided
NO deny am tomorrow when you dey chyke dat girl o cos I go tell her say na free lancing things.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by freecocoa(f): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2011
kayalla:

enhee, leave us childs abi na kids to enjoy Facebook.
atleast till we grow we will upgrade.

He didn't say facebook is for kids,he said kids would rely on it to affect their relationships.
Learn to read and understand.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by Areosapien(f): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2011
sexylogan:

my ex gf saw my present gf's pic on my fb wall. All she cud say was 'nice one'.

LMAO!
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by freecocoa(f): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2011
pkv:

wat a primitive and narrow perception 4rm an old skool.uncle your old age no favour your thinking at all!
Na your thinking get very BIG comma,person talk another thing you dey think another thing.
I guess not everyone has the ability to read and understand,especially english language.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by ImaIma1(f): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2011
i think sexkills means relating to relationshp.not about facebook generally.

off course facebook is useful for other things but when it comes to relationshp matters,its better to keep ur business private.

am on facebook but i dnt visit it often cos i get pissed whn pple show off unnecessarily.

someone travels abroad for a while n b4 they even reach there, dey hv uploaded pics smiley.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by Odunnu: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2011
Being on facebook has never affected my relationship.
I'm on fbk, he isnt. When he's very bored, he logs into my account (even on Nairaland) and replies my mails, chats with my friends, updates my status and read thru.
I have absolutely nothing to hide.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by slimyem: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2011
freecocoa:

He didn't say facebook is for kids,he said kids would rely on it to affect their relationships.
Learn to read and understand.
freecocoa:

Na your thinking get very BIG comma,person talk another thing you dey think another thing.
I guess not everyone has the ability to read and understand,especially english language.
why u con dey defend ijogz na?how your own be?na hin be your facebook love??
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by slimyem: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2011
Odunnu:

When he's very bored, he logs into my account (even on Nairaland) and replies my mails, chats with my friends, updates my status and read thru.
I have absolutely nothing to hide.
clap for yaself.you don get personal assistant.congratulobia!!
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by Odunnu: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2011
A cheap and efficient one at that
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
I see it another channel of communication 2 strengthen and bridge the gap between us Is only when u start snooping that when u get what u want.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by pkv(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
freecocoa:

and i guess 2 is not every 1 dat has the ability 2 read in btw the lines and xtract latent meaning of posts esp of nairaland and english language, ur tinking get big question mark jo
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
pkv:

and i guess 2 is not every 1 dat has the ability 2 read in btw the lines and xtract latent meaning of posts esp of nairaland and english language, your tinking get big question mark jo
I agree with you intoto.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by freecocoa(f): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
slimyem:

why u con dey defend ijogz na?how your own be?na hin be your facebook love??
the not-reading-well-before-posting-syndrome don affect you too?ah oga o,I was posting as regards sexkillz and yes ijogz k is my online husby.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by eghost247(m): 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
See no reason why it should,
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by musawisdom(m): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2011
Fb has effect on flashy relationship
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by freecocoa(f): 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
pkv:

and i guess 2 is not every 1 dat has the ability 2 read in btw the lines and xtract latent meaning of posts esp of nairaland and english language, your tinking get big question mark jo
Taa mechie gi onu dia,wetin you know wey you dey write?"I guess 2 is not every1" my friend go improve on your english then come back and repeat what you were trying to say cos right now,I can't hear ya.Say what?pardon? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.
Re: Effect Of Facebook On Relationships by maxygirl(f): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
We are not friends on FB. Besides, i dont like publicizing a relationship that has not been legalized. when we get married, maybe i might,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indomie Generation Kids Won't Remember When This Was Spent In Nigeria / Fight: Lady Strips Opponent & Leaves Her Juicy Apples On Full Display (video) / Meet The Handsome Gorilla Driving Japanese Girls Crazy! See What Happened...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.