Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola (1071 Views)

Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening / Interference Allegation: Don’t Cross Your Bounds, CJN Cautions PDP / APC Cautions PDP Against Using Religion As Trump Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Gbawe: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=21582

Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola

The Lagos State chapter of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has flayed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for criticising Governor Babatunde Fashola for sitting with 25 Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN), who defended his predecessor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) in Abuja, on Wednesday.

In a statement yesterday, ACN Publicity Secretary Mr. Joe Igbokwe said PDP is frustrated over its defeat at the local government election.

Igbokwe said: “Fashola is a lawyer and a SAN for that matter; he understands the implications of his actions as he does his duties as the governor of Lagos State. He knows the facts about this case and he understands what is at stake.

“Lagos PDP has degenerated so much that it thinks Chief Bode George’s bruised personality can be compared with Tinubu’s towering image. PDP should find out why 25 SANs lined up to defend Tinubu and tell us how many lined up to defend George.”

“Has Lagos PDP seen the charges against Tinubu? Is it similar to that of George? Where is the proof of their phantom charges against Tinubu? Why is Tinubu being tried in Abuja?

“There are things Fashola knows, which little minds in Lagos PDP do not know. Fashola appeared at CCT as a lawyer and not as the Governor of Lagos State. That is why he sat where the SANs sat.

“PDP will continue to bite the dust in Lagos politics until they learn the art of honesty and integrity in leadership.

“Loyalty is earned over years of hard work, not a day’s job. ACN is the alternative to PDP, if we have to salvage this country from rudderless leadership.”

CULLED FROM THE NATION
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by wesley80(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2011

“There are things Fashola knows, which little minds in Lagos PDP do not know. Fashola appeared at CCT as a lawyer and not as the Governor of Lagos State. That is why he sat where the SANs sat. “

This is a joke right? Do I need to be a SAN to see that criminality is being endorsed? Clowns you guys are .
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Gbawe: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2011
wesley80:

This is a joke right? [b]Do I need to be a SAN to see that criminality is being endorsed? [/b]Clowns you guys are .

What nonsense are you talking about? Has anyone being found guilty yet ? Why must you preempt the outcome of an ongoing Court case? You are just showing the usual bias with your hasty utterance. "Criminality is being endorsed" indeed.
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by wesley80(m): 10:08am On Oct 31, 2011
^^^ You just cant hide your hypocrisy can you? You mean u see nothing wrong in a serving state governor brazenly showing open support to a man standing trial for corruption? Has ethnic affiliation so irredeemably numbed your sense of objectivity such that suddenly our resident Puritan sees nothing wrong with exalting the devil?
Truth is u can only hide your true self for a while, but the walls wld  adually crumble around you till we end up staring at our long hidden closet bigot!
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Gbawe: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2011
wesley80:

^^^ You just cant hide your hypocrisy can you? You mean u see nothing wrong in a serving state governor brazenly showing open support to a man[b] standing trial for corruption?[/b] Has ethnic affiliation so irredeemably numbed your sense of objectivity such that suddenly our resident Puritan sees nothing wrong with exalting the devil?
Truth is u can only hide your true self for a while, but the walls wld  adually crumble around you till we end up staring at our long hidden closet bigot!

Abeg , keep your biblical epistle to yourself. Running a foreign account while in office now equates to "standing trial for corruption" in your book? And you have the nerve to direct a sanctimonious rant against others about "numbed sense of objectivity"? So, you would abandon your friends when they are merely charged to Court and their guilt is not established? Fashola, and others, have the right to openly support Tinubu at this stage and it is only those , like yourself, not conversant with the basic duty of care and support we owe friends, family and colleagues who would not understand this .

Furthermore, you accuse others of bias yet fail to note your own double standards with how you proclaim the guilt of a person who is yet to be convicted of any crime !!!! Whether you know it or not, and this applies to the greatest democracies in the world also, it is normal for Party members to show open support for beleaguered comrades. Fashola merely sat with the SANs handling the case. Nothing at all wrong with that.  You should tell us whether he openly deliberated on the case to motivate your emotional tirade above. The PDP are just clutching at straws and you are not different with your kangaroo Court mentality of preempting an ongoing Court case.
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by djustice: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2011
Gbawe:

Abeg , keep your biblical epistle to yourself. Running a foreign account while in office now equates to "standing trial for corruption" in your book? And you have the nerve to direct a sanctimonious rant against others about "numbed sense of objectivity"?

You accuse others of bias yet fail to note your own double standards with how you proclaim the guilt of others when they have not been convicted of any crime. Whether you know it or not, and this applies to the greatest democracies in the world also, it is normal for Party members to show open support for beleaguered comrades. Fashola merely sat with the SANs handling the case. Nothing at all wrong with that.  You should tell us whether he openly deliberated on the case to motivate your emotional tirade above. The PDP are just clutching at straws and you are not different with your kangaroo Court mentality of preempting an ongoing Court case.

Gbawe, I didn't realise you were this far compromised. If a sitting governor expressly disobeys a constitutional provision prohibiting him from operating foreign accounts while in office, it stands to reason that he operated those accounts corruptly. Why haven't you also waited until Obasanjo is proven guilty before you accuse him and PDP of corruption?

I also find it laughable and pathetic that you see nothing wrong in Fashola working as a lawyer for his god, while still occupying the seat of the governor of Lagos State, against the Oath of Office that he took, to the effect that he would not take up any other employment while occupying the office of Governor. How on earth did that charlatan get his SAN??
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Gbawe: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2011
djustice:

Gbawe, I didn't realise you were this far compromised. If a sitting governor expressly disobeys a constitutional provision prohibiting him from operating foreign accounts while in office, it stands to reason that he operated those accounts corruptly. Why haven't you also waited until Obasanjo is proven guilty before you accuse him and PDP of corruption?

I also find it laughable and pathetic that you see nothing wrong in Fashola working as a lawyer for his god, while still occupying the seat of the governor of Lagos State, against the Oath of Office that he took, to the effect that he would not take up any other employment while occupying the office of Governor. How on earth did that charlatan get his SAN??

Let us refrain from bringing emotions into this because it exposes bias. You know damn well that a charge of operating a foreign account while in office is not a charge of corruption !! No play on pedantism can change that fact. It is like saying driving without insurance is also corruption !!!! What next?

You cannot just grab things out of the air to bolster your argument against someone you dislike !!!! It is getting tiring how many on NL automatically support the flawed arguments of others just because they speak against a mutual enemy. Wesley80 is wrong!!! Period !!! Tinubu is not standing trial for corruption and it is only his deep hatred of Tinubu that makes him see what is not there.

I also find it laughable and pathetic that you see nothing wrong in Fashola working as a lawyer for his god,

Can you prove what you wrote above? Stop this show of emotion. We know you hate Tinubu and Fashola immensely but you are not unintelligent. You must know that sitting with SAN lawyers handling Tinubu's case does not , in any way, suggest that Fashola is[b] formally [/b] employed in the defense of Tinubu. please prove conclusively, even from a moral perspective, what Fashola does wrong here. I , personally, will go out of my way to support a colleague I believe is being victimised . I don't know why any sensible person should believe that this notion should not apply to politicians also.
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Goddex: 11:02am On Oct 31, 2011
These ACN rascals and their use of strong language.
Where is Lai Muhammed?

Besides if "The Nation Newspaper" continues like this,
with time, very short time, it will loose readership.
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by wesley80(m): 11:11am On Oct 31, 2011

I ,  personally , will go out of my way to support a colleague I believe is  being victimised . I don't know why any sensible person should believe that this  notion should not apply to politicians also.
How did u sound to yourself when u read this self indicting crap u wrote? Now dont let me dig up all the nonsensical things u wrote over the Bode George saga. Hide yoirself small abeg, we already know u're a hypocrite, u dont have to rub it on our faces!
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by jmaine: 11:24am On Oct 31, 2011
“There are things Fashola knows, which little minds in Lagos PDP do not know. Fashola appeared at CCT as a lawyer and not as the Governor of Lagos State. That is why he sat where the SANs sat.

My deductions . . . .He appeared as one of Tinubu lawyers hence sitting with his fellow SAN colleagues . . .No two ways about this . . . and that sentence does not change the fact that he is still the governor of Lagos State which nullifies every attempt to separate his office from his presence at Tinubu trial . . .
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Gbawe: 11:25am On Oct 31, 2011
wesley80:

How did u sound to yourself when u read this self indicting crap u wrote? Now dont let me dig up all the nonsensical things u wrote over the Bode George saga. Hide yoirself small abeg, we already know u're a hypocrite, u dont have to rub it on our faces!

"Self indicting crap"? Please , kia kia, "dig up" my utterances or forever be condemned a lowly hypocrite !!! Show the forum whether I commented before or after George was convicted and imprisoned . Do it !!! I challenge you !!!! You are too emotional and biased. Unlike you, and as a genuinely objective person, I did not speak until the guilt of George was established in a competent court of law.  Dude, you are the 100% "hypocrite" not me. Nothing is worse than accusing others falsely of what you yourself clearly are .
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Gbawe: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2011
jmaine:

My deductions . . . .He appeared as one of Tinubu lawyers hence sitting with his fellow SAN colleagues . . .No two ways about this . . . and that sentence does not change the fact that he is still the governor of Lagos State which nullifies every attempt to separate his office from his presence at Tinubu trial . . .

Man mi, "as a lawyer" does not mean as Tinubu's lawyer. Fashola could sit there out of professional interest. You need to establish he is paid to defend tinubu and actually enjoying a formal role in the defense of the ACN boss before you can call Fashola "Tinubu's lawyer". If you are charged to Court and your Uncle , a prominent lawyer who is not formally handling your case, sits with your lawyers , even if out of personal interest in the case, does that make him your lawyer?
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by wesley80(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2011
Gbawe:

"Self indicting crap"? Please , kia kia, "dig up" my utterances or forever be condemned a lowly hypocrite !!! Show the forum whether I commented before or after George was convicted and imprisoned . Do it !!! I challenge you !!!! You are too emotional and biased. Unlike you, and as a genuinely objective person, I did not speak until the guilt of George was established in a competent court of law.  Dude, you are the 100% "hypocrite".
See dis one sha! Who said anything abt when u made your comments? Pls look for something else o feel sanctimonious over. A genuinely objective person that neversees wrong in the ACN, yes indeed!
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Gbawe: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2011
wesley80:

See dis one sha! Who said anything abt when u made your comments? Pls look for something else o feel  sanctimonious over. A genuinely objective person that  neversees wrong in the ACN, yes indeed!

Is this your dishonest and shameful attempt at recanting what you wrote below after being called out openly? Shior. Why not, for once , do the decent thing and apologize for your emotional tirade of accusing others falsely of what you glaringly are? I.e a hypocrite and bigot .

Now dont let me dig up all the nonsensical things u wrote over the Bode George saga. Hide yoirself small abeg, we already know u're a hypocrite, u dont have to rub it on our faces!

Who will the entire forum believe to be the 100% hypocrite when everyone can see how you run away from a challenge to back up your silly and childish accusations against others? I challenge you , again, to show my writings about Bode George. In so far as I am speaking about a man who was convicted and jailed[b] for corruption[/b], then you remain a shamed hypocrite guilty of double standards and the intolerant judgement of others. At least I wait for the Court to do their job while you are happy, immaturely and unobjectively, to ascribe guilt childishly.
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by wesley80(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^^ I know that trick, its called evasion by diversion, its usually the preserve of cowards. You've got lots of attributes, who wld have imagined cowardice was one? Anyway since u've conveniently chosen to dwell on inanities, I like u to show me where i accused u of making comments prior to Bode Georges conviction. You and your band made ridiculous comments over Gej's association with Bode after his release didnt you? Perhaps then it was a crime to "go out of your way to support a colleague that was being victimized" which BTW was also Bode's choice word. How time flies and memories get conveniently erased, speak of desirable selective amnesia ACN style! And pls dont give me thst BS about who has been convicted and who hasnt else Ibori would be among our Saints wont he? So u were saying?
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Akanbiedu(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
Oga Fashola's subtle way of saying "I remain loyal".

He is too smart to swallow PDP's poisoned chalice.
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
Fashola sat among the lawyers.

Can anyone tell us what is wrong with that?
Re: Tinubu’s trial: ACN cautions PDP over Fashola by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Fashola sat among the lawyers.

Can anyone tell us what is wrong with that?
Just wondering too

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Sylva Threaten To Kill Jonathan And Family+why Gej's Men Moved Against Him / GEJ's 'adventure' of waste and inappropriate profligacy. / Boko Haram: Buhari, Ibb, Shagari, Others Shun Acf Peace Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.