Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help (4873 Views)

Want To Travel To USA Need Advice! / Masters Degree In Dubai Or The Uk? / Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by curiousJ(f): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2011
Hi everybody,

Funny this is my 1st post here and i hope i get people to answer me as well. I just need clarification on the best way to go about a nursing degree in united states but i definitely dont plan to do it in naija or even work here FOR NOW. I just developed this interest after my first degree(Biochemistry) oh. Can anyone help me out with these

How much will it cost to run the degree? What are cheap schools i can apply to? As am not really bucksed up lipsrsealed but d interest is colossal
What guarantees a B.sc visa for someone like me<Age 23? grin
How good is their pay now?

Hope i will get helpful answerssssssssssss
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by WAVixen: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2011
DEPENDING ON THE STATE, A GOOD SOURCE FOR INFORMATION IS GOOGLE.
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by curiousJ(f): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2011
@Wavixen,THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, hAVE BEEN DOING THAT ALREADY. bUT Have been getting random information. Am here cos i feel i could get an uptodate info on how ma fellow naija nurses over there did it.
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by collinsfbi(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2011
Hi everybody,

Funny this is my 1st post here and i hope i get people to answer me as well. I just need clarification on the best way to go about a nursing degree in united states but i definitely dont plan to do it in naija or even work here FOR NOW. I just developed this interest after my first degree(Biochemistry) oh. Can anyone help me out with these

How much will it cost to run the degree? What are cheap schools i can apply to? As am not really bucksed up Lips sealed but d interest is colossal
What guarantees a B.sc visa for someone like me<Age 23? Grin
How good is their pay now?

Hope i will get helpful answerssssssssssss
Best directories to get answers to your questions. Select school and check their website for tuition fee. Best of luck!

http://www.univsource.com/nurs.htm Comprehensive list of all nursing schools in USA (select Course/degree or school and search)
http://www.allnursingschools.com/ (select Course/degree or school and search)

Gbammmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by enfield: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2011
Hi,
I just thought to add that there is a university i came across in canada-sorry did not note the name- that can give you course waivers in view of your degree.In that way,you can get yr degree in nursing in a shorter period of time.You may wish to google up info about this.If your mind is made up about going to the US however,then you may consider starting with an Asso degree(ADN).Look up san jose delta college.The school will give you info about their fees regime for an international student.Good luck
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by collinsfbi(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2011
To help narrow your search, I think you can check the following schools for the tuition comparison:

Bringham Young University nursing.byu.edu/ (private but affordable for out-of-state) http://finserve.byu.edu/content/tuition-and-general-fees
Baptist College of Health Sciences www.bchs.edu (private but affordable for out-of-state)
Alcorn State University www.alcorn.edu (Public)

Gbammmmmmmm over and out
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by imperiouxx(m): 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
There are few things you need to know about getting F1 entry to US.

1) Don't go for anything lower than university or doesn't carry UNIVERSITY.
2) Don't go for any associated degree.
3) Don't go for any school not approved in the US.

Else, you would be heart broken at the embassy.
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by curiousJ(f): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2011
@everyone thanks so much, You guys are wonderful, Have been feeding on the links i got here, I think transfer/accelerated lane is the best way to earn the nursing degree as i have a primary degree already.

@Imperious Heard somthng like that too, That they dont really issue the F1 visa for people going for associate degree. Anyway are there other useful tips i could put into consideratn in order to bag my F1 visa? I hope be in God's own country this time next year and i wanna make sure i get things right from the beginning,
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by imperiouxx(m): 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240241.0.html

This is where you can get it right on student visa. However, I'm also a Biochemist.
Re: Nursing Degree In Usa---need Help by suxes2006(m): 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2011
hey, check www.iuon.org or there about
intl university of nursing you can get scholarship too

SHALOM

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me With Direction. / Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. / Anyone Staying Serbia Or Have Done Their Visa Process.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.