Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,146 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:42 AM

CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE (1692 Views)

Charles Okah On ‘hunger Strike’, Threatens N5 Billion Suit / Nigerian Man In Britain Who Stabbed Mum To Death Is Sentence To Life In Prison. / Help! Yoruba Crime Wave Sweeps Through Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by macjive01: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2011
crime wave sweeps through Britain
Jason Bennetto

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYw4cVFGTygqWAvjpsBzYluwyO5DHSObo6w-0wffTtXc_cNAyJZw[/img]

The intelligence agencies MI6 and MI5 are being used to clamp down on fraud and drug-dealing by West African gangs. Jason Bennetto, Crime Correspondent, investigates a trend costing Britain billions of pounds a year.

The criminals, mainly Nigerians, have been discovered working inside government departments, the police and tax offices. The level of crime is so serious that the National Criminal Intelligence Service will tomorrow announce an expansion of its work against the gangs.

Agents and eavesdropping equipment from MI5, MI6 and the listening base at the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) in Cheltenham are being used to investigate Nigerian crime. The cost of the fraud alone is pounds 3.5bn a year, says the NCIS.

The fraudsters concentrate on con-tricks and benefit fraud, drug-trafficking, mainly cocaine, and illegal immigration. The intelligence agencies are assisting NCIS and British forces in some of the most serious cases. The secret services can provide expertise in infiltrating the gangs, bugging, covert surveillance and identifying targets.

The gangs, which have strongholds in the US and most European countries, form networks to siphon money and have proved difficult to break into. Activities by West African criminals that have been detected include:

At the Treasury Solicitor's office, the Government's lawyers, a worker was using the fax to work a scam involving advance fees. She was admonished and sacked.

An employee at the Department of Social Security was creating false National Insurance numbers and identifications which were being used to claim benefits such as education grants and child allowance. One individual was found with 100 separate identities.

A worker at one of the Inland Revenue's accounts offices was caught photocopying incoming company tax returns, cheques, and headed notepaper. These were sold to a contact who wrote to the banks and set up standing orders for small amounts to be paid into their accounts every month.

The Metropolitan Police had a problem with cleaners found looking for data and addresses in a West End police station.

An estimated 500,000 "advance-fee fraud" or "419" letters attempting to con people by promising risk-free cash are sent by West Africans, mainly from Lagos, around the world every year. The "419" scam is named after the section of the Nigerian penal code dealing with fraud. Thousands of individuals and companies in Britain are randomly written to and asked if they will help transfer millions of pounds of government money out of Nigeria in return for a cut of the cash.

All they supposedly have to do is provide bank details. But once hooked they are asked for an "advance" or have money removed from their accounts. Millions are stolen this.  .  .  .

Abeg read the rest here

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?topic=598.0
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by macjive01: 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2011
na waoooh. . . i tire.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by koruji(m): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2011
Oponu ni e.  Where does it say Yoruba?

On a serious note, Nigerians abroad need to be prepared for the longterm fallout of that stupid underwear bomber.

Since that fateful day in Dec. Nigerians became a target of focused investigation. This report is simply an outcome of that beam of light into where Nigerians are and what they are doing in the west. In the process, they are going to unravel a lot of crimes that have nothing to do with the original motivation. Bottom-line expect more deportations from the west at every slightest legal opportunity.

macjive01:

na waoooh.  .  . i tire.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by HighChief4(m): 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
I dey laugh oh grin grin grin
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by koruji(m): 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2011
Another oponu hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

High_Chief:

I dey laugh oh grin grin grin
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by coogar: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2011
macjive01:

YORUBA  crime wave sweeps through Britain
Jason Bennetto

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYw4cVFGTygqWAvjpsBzYluwyO5DHSObo6w-0wffTtXc_cNAyJZw[/img]

The intelligence agencies MI6 and MI5 are being used to clamp down on fraud and drug-dealing by West African gangs. Jason Bennetto, Crime Correspondent, investigates a trend costing Britain billions of pounds a year.

The criminals, mainly Nigerians, have been discovered working inside government departments, the police and tax offices. The level of crime is so serious that the National Criminal Intelligence Service will tomorrow announce an expansion of its work against the gangs.

Agents and eavesdropping equipment from MI5, MI6 and the listening base at the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) in Cheltenham are being used to investigate Nigerian crime. The cost of the fraud alone is pounds 3.5bn a year, says the NCIS.

The fraudsters concentrate on con-tricks and benefit fraud, drug-trafficking, mainly cocaine, and illegal immigration. The intelligence agencies are assisting NCIS and British forces in some of the most serious cases. The secret services can provide expertise in infiltrating the gangs, bugging, covert surveillance and identifying targets.

The gangs, which have strongholds in the US and most European countries, form networks to siphon money and have proved difficult to break into. Activities by West African criminals that have been detected include:

At the Treasury Solicitor's office, the Government's lawyers, a worker was using the fax to work a scam involving advance fees. She was admonished and sacked.

An employee at the Department of Social Security was creating false National Insurance numbers and identifications which were being used to claim benefits such as education grants and child allowance. One individual was found with 100 separate identities.

A worker at one of the Inland Revenue's accounts offices was caught photocopying incoming company tax returns, cheques, and headed notepaper. These were sold to a contact who wrote to the banks and set up standing orders for small amounts to be paid into their accounts every month.

The Metropolitan Police had a problem with cleaners found looking for data and addresses in a West End police station.

An estimated 500,000 "advance-fee fraud" or "419" letters attempting to con people by promising risk-free cash are sent by West Africans, mainly from Lagos, around the world every year. The "419" scam is named after the section of the Nigerian penal code dealing with fraud. Thousands of individuals and companies in Britain are randomly written to and asked if they will help transfer millions of pounds of government money out of Nigeria in return for a cut of the cash.

All they supposedly have to do is provide bank details. But once hooked they are asked for an "advance" or have money removed from their accounts. Millions are stolen this.  .  .  .

Abeg read the rest here

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?topic=598.0

you are a disgrace to your biological parents and the community that sponsored your education.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by Rossikk(m): 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2011
^^^  grin grin grin
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ode ni poster yi sha. angry

@ topic; Very soon, trend would be to deny qualified Nigerians jobs due to our dishonest nature. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by ektbear: 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
Even macjive. Smh

Well, perhaps I should have known
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by Areosapien(f): 12:23am On Oct 31, 2011
LMFAO, clown!! grin
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 31, 2011
Igboland Forum posting about Yorubas.

If Nigeria divides, it wont surprise me if Igbos continue on like this. They'd become another Ghanaian (always posting about Nigeria).

It's cool tho.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by Francis5: 1:24am On Oct 31, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Igboland Forum posting about Yorubas.

If Nigeria divides, it wont surprise me if Igbos continue on like this. They'd become another Ghanaian (always posting about Nigeria).

It's cool tho.

Do I not see kettle calling pot black?
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by Francis5: 1:24am On Oct 31, 2011
ekt_bear:

Even macjive. Smh

Well, perhaps I should have known

Same for you too, pretender. You posts bear you out.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by ektbear: 1:33am On Oct 31, 2011
Francis-1:

Same for you too, pretender. You posts bear you out.

Show me a single post where I have done something like this unprovoked.

I challenge you to back up your statement with evidence.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by koruji(m): 4:37am On Oct 31, 2011
He he he. . .They are smarting from their pie-in-the-sky Lagos scheme that smashed into their faces.

Can you believe the effontery of these people? Now they are going to rave mad for a couple of weeks on NL. We might just have to bring out the straight-jacket for them, AGAIN, when the "noise" becomes unbearable.

ekt_bear:

Show me a single post where I have done something like this unprovoked.

I challenge you to back up your statement with evidence.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by ektbear: 4:59am On Oct 31, 2011
^-- I don tire for these people

Anyway, my challenge remains open. Let anyone who wants to pick it up (including Francis-1, who seems to have mysteriously disappeared from this thread) go ahead and do so.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by oderemo(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2011
I refused to read c.rap but had to read this rubbish 2wce still couldnt find the yoruba link.
Anyway if u want fraud look closely at the mp expenses again., )@ op do u know how much the olympic stadia was initially to cost? Etc etc.
Go and reseach the british fruad schemes properly and come back.
)/@op u dey yarn dust.
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by arsenefc: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2011
I hate when people accuse others of running away or disappearing from a thread, like they dont have better things to do with thier time than engaging silly, childish arguments on the internet.

Gosh. Grow up guys!

Grow up !!

Phocking grow up!!!
Re: CRIME WAVE SWEEPS BRITAIN, THREATENS THE EMPIRE by macjive01: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2013
arsenefc: I hate when people accuse others of running away or disappearing from a thread, like they dont have better things to do with thier time than engaging silly, childish arguments on the internet.

Gosh. Grow up guys!

Grow up !!

Phocking grow up!!!

you are so on point

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Lecturer Caught In The Act ! / 29-yr-old Female Beaten, Ra*ped, With Sugar Cane Spread Up Her Private Parts / Lagos Seals Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.