Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99777 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PRAISEPHS: 4:56am On Oct 31, 2011
I want to use this medium to inform you that UBA Bank now offer a prepaid naira visa card called UBA AFRICACARD. This card can be used at ATM, POS and WEB.You don't even need to have an account with the bank before you can get yours.All you need is an ID card and also passport photograph.I've used this card to pay for some stuffs online and I was really surprised that it was accepted.
The card will only cost you N750 to get.Visit any UBA bank for full details.

3 Likes

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by fiverr(m): 5:39am On Oct 31, 2011
Thanks for this great info.
Hope it is accepted by all merchants online.

Facebook, namecheap, hostigator, aliexpress, fiverr, ?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by JAZES(m): 6:24am On Oct 31, 2011
fiverr:

Thanks for this great info.
Hope it is accepted by all merchants online.

Facebook, namecheap, hostigator, aliexpress, fiverr, ?

I hope so too oo
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PRAISEPHS: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
I actually used it on aliexpress and it was accepted
Also to load cash on the card, uba will always charge you N100(100 naira). They charge you N50 anytime you use the card on ATM for withdrawal and they charge you 2.75% of any transaction you do online.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
I made a post about this a few days ago. I actually got to know about this card from a member of this forum last month when he commented on my post at "Payoneer Mastarcard Wahala: what they don't tell you. . . BEWARE"

Here is my own experience. I initially didn't take the card serious. Anyway after the guy told me about it, I decided to try it out. I went to the nearest UBA and applied for the Africard. I went with my national ID card and a passport photograph, I was given a form to fill. On the form there is box for instant and personalize. I ticked the personalize because I want my name on the card. This is not the case with instant--no name. Since I tick the personalize box, I was asked to come back exactly one week from the day I applied with at least one thousand naira. I applied on a friday and I had to come back on a friday the following week.

Well, I submitted my form and came back exactly one week with 10 k to fund my account.
I changed my PIN and had an alert on my phone. I used the card on namecheap.com and they accepted the card. I use it at hostgator, it was accepted but my hostgator account was suspended a few minutes later. I was asked to verify it by sending a scanned copy of my card. I did and was asked again to login in to my online account, take a screenshot and then send it to them. Na where wahala for scatter b dat o.

I tried to login at the africard site at myubaafricard.com without success.
I could not get the screenshot since I couldn't login. After 2days, hostgator just refunded my money into my card a few minutes ago before I posted this.

So ask them for your username and passcode which you can use to access myubaafricard.com before leaving the bank.

3 Likes

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
I made a post about this a few days ago. I actually got to know about this card from a member of this forum last month when he commented on my post at "Payoneer Mastarcard Wahala: what they don't tell you. . . BEWARE"

Here is my own experience. I initially didn't take the card serious. Anyway after the guy told me about it, I decided to try it out. I went to the nearest UBA and applied for the Africard. I went with my national ID card and a passport photograph, I was given a form to fill. On the form there is box for instant and personalize. I ticked the personalize because I want my name on the card. This is not the case with instant--no name. Since I tick the personalize box, I was asked to come back exactly one week from the day I applied with at least one thousand naira. I applied on a friday and I had to come back on a friday the following week.

Well, I submitted my form and came back exactly one week with 10 k to fund my account.
I changed my PIN and had an alert on my phone. I used the card on namecheap.com and they accepted the card. I use it at hostgator, it was accepted but my hostgator account was suspended a few minutes later. I was asked to verify it by sending a scanned copy of my card. I did and was asked again to login in to my online account, take a screenshot and then send it to them. Na where wahala for scatter b dat o.

I could not get the screenshot since I couldn't login. After 2days, hostgator just refunded my money into my card a few minutes ago before I posted this.

So ask them for your username and passcode which you can use to access myubaafricard.com before leaving the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by FOD(m): 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
Finally, we get to read something positive about UBA on nairaland.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
2sexy:

Here is my own experience. I initially didn't take the card serious. Anyway after the guy told me about it, I decided to try it out. I went to the nearest UBA and applied for the Africard. I went with my national ID card and a passport photograph,  I was given a form to fill. On the form there is box for instant and personalize. I ticked the personalize because I want my name on the card. This is not the case with instant--no name. Since I tick the personalize box, I was asked to come back exactly one week from the day I applied with at least one thousand naira. I applied on a friday and I had to come back on a friday the following week.

I changed my PIN  and had an alert on my phone. I used the card on namecheap.com and they accepted the card. I use it at hostgator, it was accepted but my hostgator account was suspended a few minutes later. I was asked to verify it by sending a scanned copy of my card. I did and was asked again to login in to my online account, take a screenshot and then send it to them. Na where wahala for scatter b dat o.

Cool.

Is 10k the minimum you can fund with or something?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PRAISEPHS: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2011
@2Sexy
The reason you couldn't log in into the www.myubaafricard.com was that you didn't change your PIN for the online transaction before using the card online.If you just got the card and you want to change the user name and passcode for the first time.The user name that comes with the card is the name written on the card while the passcode is written on the welcome form that will be given to you.
@yamakuza
You only load the amount of money you want to use the card for and take the following into considerations when loading the card:
N100 for loading and you will be charged 2.75% on any transaction you do online
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by micawber(m): 6:31am On Nov 01, 2011
I think I will check out uba today for the card.but can I really use it on facebook and adwords? Am kind of scared considering what 2sexy wrote about login problem.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2011
Praise I changed the PIN at the ATM at UBA. I still can't login following your description.

I typed in my full name which is the name on the card with and without space as the username and then typed in the PIN number which I changed to at the ATM and NO SUCCESS.

What should I do? Please drop me your number. We have to solve this because we may need to always verify our transaction at each time.

Praise, please help me here. Thanks.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by mashnino(m): 9:29am On Nov 01, 2011
when u want to login i thonk you will use your card number i.e the number printed on your card and for the web passcode you know where to find it. If you are loggin in for the first time you will be prompted to change your login name password and some basic informations will be filled by you.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ogasir2011: 9:30am On Nov 01, 2011
@ 2sexy, when you get you UBA africard you are given 2 pins - one for the ATM, the other one for the web access, both PINS are diffrent.

To access the web portal you have to logon to www.myubaafricard.com then key in your card number then your web 4 digit PIN. After you have done dat you will be redirected to a page to enter your user name and an 8 digit code which will then be using for the web acesss.

As I said web acess PIN and ATM are provided wit the card and they r diffrent.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by sinaoye(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2011
@yamakuza, there is a different PIN for login into ur account online. When u get your card, u get two PINs, one for ATM and the web access code. Check the envelope ur card was enclosed in the info is there. U log in online with the web access code.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by freshcvv(m): 9:53am On Nov 01, 2011
uhmm
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by buzor(m): 10:23am On Nov 01, 2011
why must u go through all these long thing before u can use the card, aM skeptical about this card, but i will stil give it a try by nxt year wen all these start up issues must have being resolved.
i hate UBA
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by mashnino(m): 11:09am On Nov 01, 2011
buzor:

why must u go through all these long thing before u can use the card, aM skeptical about this card, but i will stil give it a try by nxt year wen all these start up issues must have being resolved.
i hate UBA

it's not stressful, they re making it look that way. its very simple

Go to the bank

Apply for the card

Get it immediately or wait for a week before you get it *option is your*

Get your card

Activate the card using an A.T.M

Go online and activate the card for online transactions, dats all,

If you go to another bank dats same thing you will do also
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PRAISEPHS: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2011
@2Sexy
I think you created these problems for yourself.Anyway my no is 08028632878
Also, for those that are thinking you have to go through any kind of stress before you are able to use the card;there is nothing like that and I never went through any problem when I used it.Remember experience is the best teacher.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by sweetpawn1: 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
This sounds incredibly encouraging!
How does one load money into the card for subsequent reuse? Does one have to reapply or does one join the incredibly long queues of which UBA is well renowed for to pay?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by tinnymerit(m): 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2011
this is a blessing to the onliners compared to how paypal and other payment portals are playing with genuine online players.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by sleekman(m): 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
Nice one @OP but I have a couple of questions to ask. When you fund the account in Naira and you want to purchase things in foreign currency, what's the exchange rate? Or you fund the account in dollar? Wha's the cap on the card?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2011
Okay guys. . .  I deliberately came back to clear the air of confusion.

Like someone rightly said, the card comes with two different PINs but I didn't know about it till a few hours ago while in a UBA branch close to my school in Delta State.

For those that are yet to get the card, read my post before going to apply for the card.

Actually UBA did something unique here but which is liable to cause some problem like in my case and I am going to state it here.

When you collect your envelope in which the card is enclosed, un-fold it and look at the bottom right corner of the welcome letter and there you have the PIN. You will have to peel off a transparent nylon covering. That is where the problem is. DO NOT THROW AWAY THAT NYLON COVERING. WHY? Because that is where your PINs are but you are likely not going to see it.

You are expected to peel off the nylon covering and then press it against a white paper. you can do this on any white space on your welcome letter. You will see the PINs when you press it against the paper but look closely else you still won't see it. I didn't know about this when I applied for the card. Besides the lady in charge of my case in Benin did not tell me. She press the card against the white space and called only the ATM PIN for me to change it and  she never told me that there was a web PIN on the nylon covering as well ( The UBA staff in Warri where I am right now said the other lady should have told me how to do and that the lady had no right to call my PIN for me).

Another issue is that the way it was crafted in the message of the letter, you may think that the ATM PIN is the same as the web PIN, but it is not. You have two PINs on that nylon covering and please do not throw it away.

When I applied, I did not know any of this and the lady at the UBA branch in Benin did not tell me. Right now , I have lost the nylon covering. So the guy at the UBA branch in Warri said I should apply for another PIN to be sent to me. I did that today and I was told to come back next week Tuesday to collect my web PIN.

So , guys  . . . . that's it.

From the look of things, I think this card will be widely accepted than the GTB naira card. and you don't have to call their headquarters or pay  three thousand naira before you can activate it like in the case of GTB .

To load the africard, there is an account number for it. all you have to do is go to the person in charge of africard payment. it is done online once you pay the money and where you pay to load it is different from where other people pay to deposit funds in the usual account. just tell them that you want to fund your africard account and they will tell you where to go around the bank.

That's all FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
sleekman:

Nice one @OP but I have a couple of questions to ask. When you fund the account in Naira and you want to purchase things in foreign currency, what's the exchange rate? Or you fund the account in dollar? Wha's the cap on the card?

They will use the normal or standard exchange rate. I think when I paid for my hosting and domain name, they charged me one hundred and sixty naira per dollar.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by NET1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 01, 2011
Good for the E-commerce businesses in Naija.

.NET
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2011
I will also like people who have used the card on other sites apart from the ones stated in this thread to share their experience as well.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2011
I will also like people who have used the card on other sites apart from the ones stated in this thread to share their experience as well.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by kaysim: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2011
How do i make payment on ebay? anyone who can help? please call me on 01-8536110
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by zinosleek(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2011
pls can anyone tell me if this card can be use as a credit card to be use to trade forex
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2011
zinosleek:

pls can anyone tell me if this card can be use as a credit card to be use to trade forex

The card have been used on some sites that rejected GTB naira card. I used it on namecheap.com and hostgator.com without any problem except for the verification. And the OP used it on aliexpress.com without any problem. So try it and see if they will accept it, afterall it cost almost nothing to get the card apart from N100 which they charge for funding. . .
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2011
kaysim:

How do i make payment on ebay? anyone who can help? please call me on 01-8536110

Bros. . . You can't make any payment on ebay without paypal. Infact, ebay owns paypal after they bought from the original owner who happen to be a South African and this was many years ago.

Don't mind any one who says they can help you verify paypal which you can use to buy anything online.

I will advice you to use amazon.com because there is hardly anything on ebay that you cant find on amazon.com and amazon accept Nigerian payment but in most cases, they don't ship to Nigeria. That means you will have use the address of a trusted friend or relative who resides abroad to help you recieve the goods and have them shipped to you.

Hope this help.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2011
Looks like good news so far. What is the daily deposit and withdrawal limits on this card? Can payments be sent to it online without hassles?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof / Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.