Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99782 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by princeuk21(m): 6:44am On Apr 05, 2013
dgitrader: is the password for ACTIVATE VERIFIED by VISA not thesame as the one used in https://www.gtpsecurecard.com/UBA/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fUBA%2fdefault.aspx[b]?[/b]

because i can access the ACTIVATE VERIFIED by VISA to view my profile, but after load my card, i couldnt login the ubaafricard portal to see my balance, infact its blocked.
call customer care
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by dgitrader(m): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2013
princeuk21: call customer care

thanks, it was sorted out promptly.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by tirtimy: 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
At gtpsecure, I was asked to enter:
Card
Number /
User Name
Please where is my card number

Passcode
is the passcode, my weblogin pin. Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ebamma(m): 8:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
Guys, abeg make una help me answer dis question, i have just a drivers license and my house rent receipt, please will it be accepted if i go to get the africard ?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by tirtimy: 8:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
tirtimy: At gtpsecure, I was asked to enter:
Card
Number /
User Name

Passcode
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by princeuk21(m): 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
ebamma: Guys, abeg make una help me answer dis question, i have just a drivers license and my house rent receipt, please will it be accepted if i go to get the africard ?
yes
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by princeuk21(m): 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
tirtimy: At gtpsecure, I was asked to enter:
Card
Number /
User Name

Passcode
go to the bank and ask them all this question so as not to block your card.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by eluquenson(m): 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
princeuk21: go to the bank and ask them all this question so as not to block your card.

Ur card number/username is at d back of ur card which is 10digit.whereby ur password is ur web pin
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by princeuk21(m): 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
eluquenson:

Ur card number is at d back of ur card which is 10digit.
yes thats right
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by dongido: 9:30am On May 16, 2013
They said uba africard has been blacklisted from aliexpress.com.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by princeuk21(m): 10:00am On May 16, 2013
dongido: They said uba africard has been blacklisted from aliexpress.com.
i just used mine now and it went through.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Herdeoye(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2013
Those of you that used your card recently have you activated your verified by visa? My problem started after i activated my verified by visa. I couldnt pay for an item worth 30k but i could pay for an item worth 1k.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by eluquenson(m): 1:17pm On May 16, 2013
dongido: They said uba africard has been blacklisted from aliexpress.com.

Absolutely no cos I still use my UBA Africard to make payment on Aliexpress recently.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by eluquenson(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2013
Herdeoye: Those of you that used your card recently have you activated your verified by visa? My problem started after i activated my verified by visa. I couldnt pay for an item worth 30k but i could pay for an item worth 1k.

I av already activated mine & just last wk I payed 31,500naira with it & I got the order.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Ebestsmscom: 5:10pm On May 17, 2013
FROM UBA

There is a N50 charge for withdrawals through UBA ATMs, N100 through other ATMs. N1000 or the equivalent (in the country's currency) is charged for withdrawals outside Nigeria. For PoS and Web transactions, 2.75 % of the value of transaction will be charged. UBA Africard can be funded with a minimum of N500 and a maximum of N750,000. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for the prepaid card. You would be required to provide proof of identity, address and a valid telephone number/ or e- mail address.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Huslertee: 12:25am On May 25, 2013
Please how do I convert to dollars, the amount charged on my card when verifying my payza account? Payza requires that I input this amount in dollars yet it is reflecting in naira on my account. I am yet to verify my payza account because I have already attempted wrong conversions twice and I don't want to have my card blocked.

arbitrage: I just loaded my Payza (Alertpay) account from my UBA Africard now instantly showing in my balance.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by princeuk21(m): 10:31pm On May 25, 2013
For PoS and Web transactions, 2.75 % but UBA charged me 50 naira service charge for paying for an item online and not [size=20pt]withdrawals[/size] this is not fair instead of 2.75 percent charge angry undecided cry Take a look at this There is a N50 charge for withdrawals through UBA ATMs, N100 through other ATMs. N1000 or the equivalent (in the country's currency) is charged for withdrawals outside Nigeria. For PoS and Web transactions, 2.75 % of the value of transaction will be charged. UBA Africard can be funded with a minimum of N500 and a maximum of N750,000. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for the prepaid card. You would be required to provide proof of identity, address and a valid telephone number/ or e- mail address.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 6:59am On May 26, 2013
Please can I make payments with UBA debit mastercard? I just ordered 4 it.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 2:49pm On May 26, 2013
eluquenson:

Its debit card that was blacklisted & mind u Uba Africard is a credit card which I used for payment on Aliexpress last wk.

Hope you know the difference between a debit and credit card.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 2:56pm On May 26, 2013
Huslertee: Please how do I convert to dollars, the amount charged on my card when verifying my payza account? Payza requires that I input this amount in dollars yet it is reflecting in naira on my account. I am yet to verify my payza account because I have already attempted wrong conversions twice and I don't want to have my card blocked.

Have you checked your statement or transaction history? I think they do put the dollar value in bracket. Not sure again but I used the card to verify my Payza. If you have activated your VbV, then you will be able to do that faster because when you are redirected to your bank for VbV during payment, the amount usually shows on that page where you are entering your VbV code. I saw it when I was verifying Payza with my Uion Bank visa card. So I did not bother to wait till they deposit/withdraw the money in my card nor for bank statement. I just immediately logged back into Payza to confirm what I saw in Payza. That made my Payza verification instant in a way.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
Please! please!! please!!!
Please can I use my uba africard to buy apps on blackberry app word , if I can please tell how, I have the card already
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Youngzedd(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
flamesssy: Please! please!! please!!!
Please can I use my uba africard to buy apps on blackberry app word , if I can please tell how, I have the card already

Odikwa very risky ooooooooo.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
Please expanciate how is it risky? And 1 more thing, I tried activating my Africard on the Verify by visa site, but when I inpute my card number and click on activate it shows the page again

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by datexzzy25: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Any one using fidelity Visa card how efficient could they be compare to Uba Africard?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by presegsADESIDA(m): 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
flamesssy: Please expanciate how is it risky? And 1 more thing, I tried activating my Africard on the Verify by visa site, but when I inpute my card number and click on activate it shows the page again

Check your card no properly or just go on PC as it might be your IP.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by presegsADESIDA(m): 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
datexzzy25: Any one using fidelity Visa card how efficient could they be compare to Uba Africard?

To me,I prefer UBA Africard to Fidelity.It is efficient.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by riddo2(m): 6:10am On Jun 16, 2013
May be you do it on your phone. The problem will only be solved if you use computer. Note that your password and card number(16 digit) is not changed until you use computer.
articulate: I got my UBA Africard. The process was very easy. Unfortunately, I login to the website, change my username and changed my password and was re-directed to the login page. I tried to login with the password and user ID card but the message I got was "Invalid login information". I tried several times but still got the same reply. Can anybody advise me what to do?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by princeuk21(m): 8:05am On Jun 16, 2013
flamesssy: Please expanciate how is it risky? And 1 more thing, I tried activating my Africard on the Verify by visa site, but when I inpute my card number and click on activate it shows the page again
you better use PC if you don't want to get your card blocked or hacked
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2013
Okay thanks, please has anyone use the africard on blackberry appword
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 25, 2013
presegsADESIDA:

No time to long things,just check the back of your UBA Africard for correct nos to call and correct emails.

My card was once blocked when I entered wrong details when I wanted to buy something on an international store but I sorted it out by sending screenshot of the page to their email and I as well called their customer care line 0 7 0 0 2 2 5 5 8 2 2 and it was unblocked asap after some few days.
thanks all for the support here. I was able to get a new pin after i forgot the previous one. Now my concern is, just like the quote above, i called out my card number to the customer care attendant, will that compromise my africard since she already has it? Though i received the 4pin directly to my phone from UBA.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 25, 2013
Experience with Blackberry app world and Africard please
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by postemail: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
Update on UBA Africard:
Used this card to make AED2000 (equivalent of US$546) withdrawal on ADIB ATM in Dubai mall. It worked, and I got immediate alert on my phone -UBA deducted 90,413 Naira from my account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof / Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.