Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,828 members, 7,806,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? (5745 Views)

Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning / Fact:when Last Did U See A Rainbow? / When Was The Last Time You Saw A RAINBOW? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by lilkech(m): 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
for me i cant even remember at all when last i beheld a rainbow with my eyes (at least 10yrs).
Also i will like to know what a rainbow signifies?, because this situation where i do not see it again is very disturbing.
I heard from a friend that it signifies the promise that God made to Noah that he will never destroy the earth again with water, if this is true then i hope i am the only one who has not seen a rainbow in years because the alternative might seem very disturbing.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by freecocoa(f): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
I saw a rainbow about two weeks ago but it was in a dream sha.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by Egbagirl(f): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2011
haahhahahahahahahahahaha could question! it's been ages since I saw one too! I wonder why.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by slimyem: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
Not seen one in a while either, buh i know God doesnt make promises he wont stand by.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
Well if you're in Lagos, it would be hard to see a rainbow. You don't even see sunset in Lag because of all the pollution. The sun turns red and disappears behind clouds. 15 minutes later darkness don show face.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by KacHemNaU(m): 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
3wks ago
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by WAVixen: 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
A few months ago.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
Signs of the end time, No more rainbow cry
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
After the flooding in Lagos,

And Fashola said "Let this be a sign of the convenant I make with thee, I shall never destroy your houses by water again". grin
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by Agybabe(f): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
last year
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by micawber(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
freecocoa:

That's funny. I guess Nigeria's sin is blocking the heavens, lol
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2011
Since ACN began ruling Lagos State. I am yet to see a Rainbow - information reaching me have confirmed that ACN and the Lagos State Government have connived to start levying Lagosians to view Rainbows within the geographical boundaries of Lagos state. it is rumored that Gov. Raff Aregbe has also initiated such levies on his citizenry during flash floods
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by phuckNL: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ijogz K:

Signs of the end time, No more rainbow cry

Lets stop being ignorant.
A rainbow occurs when the sun shines on water moisture droplets that occur during/after rain.
We claim we are not illiterate so lets act like it.
Nothing superficial about the presence or absence of a rainbow. End time ko Arnold Schwazzzzzenger niii
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by adewasco2k(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
freecocoa:

ℓ☺ℓ
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by moremi2008(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
Can everyone also include the location of the sighting in their replies?
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by Koolking(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
I can't remember the last time I had the time to look at the sky. Nothing spectacular happens of late. May be the rainbow has been spearing once in a while, but who remembers to check
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by lovejohn: 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2011
well as far as I'm concern I saw rainbow next last year on my way to heaven grin grin grin
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by BIGERBOY1: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
I saw one last week, in minna, even got some pictures,
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by aceman(m): 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2011
I live in Abuja and I see the rainbow when it is normal to see one - rainy days or rainy weather. The issue is that so many people go about with their heads down and there mind on problems that they do not take time to look up and appreciate the heavens.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
A few weeks ago. Fortunately I took the picture. smiley

Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by tpia5: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
Aceman has said it all.

Besides, its easier to see rainbows in certain parts like rural areas than in the cities. Abuja of course is an exception.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by maxtop(m): 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
I think i saw one recently. Nigerians are so engulf in difficulties to be staring into the sky for Rainbow as if manna wants to fall from heaven .
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by oferefe(f): 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
I saw rainbow last week friday on my way to the office in Ajah,and i loved the sight, human 's sin does not hinder God's work.God doesnt thin the way we think and that is why he is God,
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by dinah777: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
last week.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by ChuckD2(m): 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
a month ago over asaba, delta state.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by PeeBee: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
I saw a secondary rainbow sometime in September last year in Delta state, disappeared before i could go for my camera. Its the last i can remember seeing.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by upchair(m): 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
I saw one yesterday evening on Lagos Ibadan express way.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by cloud7: 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
I saw a RastaMan shouting (rasta, friied , rice) Lo and Behold, I saw a RainBow and other colours rioting from the smoke of his Ganja, grin
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by mxxpunkxx: 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
before you go look up . . to check for rainbow 6 vegas, lol, and turn ur head down again

. . . .  your wallet don miss!!!!!!!!!

beware: watch rainbows at your own risk
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by omoalayo(m): 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
It's been a while, Can't remember, Maybe dat's why flood startd disturbn Lagos nd Ibadan,
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by meyri: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
Saw one in Enugu when vacationing on the beach.
Re: When Last Did You Sight A Rainbow In Nigeria And Where? by joshfash(m): 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
Yesterday in Omuo Ekiti, Ekiti state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Destiny / Shocking! Photo Of Man With Full Breast / Nairaland Girls Are Fat And Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.