Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad - Investment (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (52721 Views)

NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by uknig18: 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2008
[sup][/sup]Yes they did. I really do like like them. In a recent offer I did through them I filled the form wrongly and they corrected it for me and processed it. I only found out when my statement came. Its nice to know they go over the forms and check that all the i are dotted and t's crossed.[sub][/sub]

@ETIN,

I had a look at Citi Investment Cap website and the account opening forms. I live in the uk, and I am just wondering if I should use UK addresses or Nigeria addresses in filling the forms. What sort of ID(s) would they require for opening an account. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by uknig18: 11:06pm On Mar 15, 2008
They accept scanned copies of the forms. I completed everything in hard copy and then scanned it to them. I have the hard copy for my records. I hope you decide on a broker soon. It seems returned money on oversubscribed public offers are refunded first to brokers and all of the masses without a broker has to fight to get their cheque ,

Quote from: Obalende on February 03, 2008, 07:36 PM
@Etin
does citi invest accept digital passport photos?

Yes they did. I really do like like them. In a recent offer I did through them I filled the form wrongly and they corrected it for me and processed it. I only found out when my statement came. Its nice to know they go over the forms and check that all the i are dotted and t's crossed.

@ETIN,

I had a look at Citi Investment Cap website and the account opening forms. I live in the uk, and I am just wondering if I should use UK addresses or Nigeria addresses in filling the forms. What sort of ID(s) would they require for opening an account. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 5:06pm On Mar 16, 2008
uknig18:

@ETIN,

@ uknig18

The answer to your question is 'Yes' I have used my UK address and UK mobile for Citi Invest as well as CSCS Trade alert. Hope this helps.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2008
@Etin

Does that not mean your div warrants etc will be sent to the UK? It that what you want?
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2008
X-2-X:

@Etin

Does that not mean your div warrants etc will be sent to the UK? It that what you want?

No, I have a Diamond Reach Account (Non Resident Bank Account in Nigeria) to which I have arranged for such things to be paid. I would just have to wait and see how that works. I have not had any payments yet.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 10:18pm On Mar 16, 2008
NBA:

What are the best rates to call Naija?

Folks,

What are the best rates to call Nigeria from the US. I currently use an on-line calling card from phoneshark.com which is programmed to my home and cell phones so I do not enter a pin when I call from either number. I also like the convenience of top-ups on-line. They claim 9.5 cents to Lagos and 14.1 cents to cellphones.

Occasionally, I call from my Vonage phone. I do not like the phone cards from stores, most of them are rip-offs around here.

Anyone with a better rate to Naija?

I use Lebara from the UK. costs 10p per minute to call 9ja. Good thing is that it comes in form of a sim card and u get to dial direct from your phone without entering any code etc

I know Lebara is also available in some othe EU countries but I dont know about the U.S
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2008
@Etin and other Diamond Reach users

I see that Diamond Reach Account (DRA) has a Foreign Currency and Naira account. A so-called 2-in-1 account.

When you fund your DRA, is it possible to specify into which of these accounts (foriegn vs Naira)
the funds get domiciled? Or do the two accounts (foreign currency vs Naira) refer to the common DRA account balance, quoted in the appropriate currency ?

Secondly, you talked about the possibility of doing transfers to third party accounts - say in Zenith, GTB etc. What charges apply in these circumstances?

Finally, the cheque book(s) you received (or expect), are they denominated in £, $ or =N= ? BTW, It appears the DRA account opening online form is currently unavailable?

Many thanks. 

@Thread
I see NBA has made it a duty to recommend Vetiva. Those guys really rock. Professionalism par excellence. Been with them since November 07 without any regrets whatsoever. Highly recommended.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 12:51am On Mar 17, 2008
X-2-X:

I use Lebara from the UK. costs 10p per minute to call Nigeria. Good thing is that it comes in form of a sim card and u get to dial direct from your phone without entering any code etc

I know Lebara is also available in some othe EU countries but I don't know about the US

@X-2-X,
Thanks for the Lebara tip. I checked it out but they only cover Europe. I will use when in London.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 1:43am On Mar 17, 2008
@All,

If you trust your broker, I suggest you use their address as your mailing address for everything. It makes life a lot easier and works great. I have experienced both situations - using my brokers address versus using my US address.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by MrPresidnt: 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2008
Hello House,

I run a firm in the UK called Structured Consulting. In Summer of 2008, we are planning to run a series of educative seminars on "Investing in the Nigerian Stockmarket" in major UK cities, i.e; London, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow. As a result, we need about 4 well qualified speakers from Nigeria who have deep understanding of the Nigerian StockMarket. The speakers should:

Preferably be a stock broker
Excellent Communication skills
Good spoken english
Ability to teach
Charismatic
Excellent track record in stock trading
Posses a valid UK Multiple visa
Among other things,

In return, Structured Consulting offers:
A very good pay deal
Hotel accomodation sorted for the period
A car and a driver attached throughout stay
Return Ticket provided

If you have the above qualities or you know someone who does, please contact me on kola.oyeneyin@yahoo.com to arrange for a telephone conference.

Deadline: 31st March 2008

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2008
eniyanman:

If you pay in Naira, it goes into the Naira account, otherwise it goes into the £, $, or € account. You can transfer funds online from your foreign-denominated account to the naira account. The 2 accounts are linked.

Third-party inter-bank transfers cost N2000 + 1% of sum transferred. You need to send a payment mandate to your account officer to effect this as it not yet possible to do this online.

The cheque book I received was not denominated in Naira (which I found rather strange).

Hope it helps.

Many thanks!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 12:59am On Mar 18, 2008
@ NBA et al

Happy Easter. For those of us in UK, you may want to try Safari Talk its a £5.00 card that sells for £2.50 and you get 55 minutes upwards on each card depending on the network you are calling.

@X-2-X

Thanks for the information on Lebara sim. I will find it very handy for making private calls to Nigeria while at work. It a lot better than using a card with the office landline. Regarding the Diamond Reach Account, eniyanman has answered your question perfectly.

@eniyanman

The cheque book I received was not denominated in Naira (which I found rather strange).
I felt the same way too. In fact I actually requested one and was told they would look into it. I later realised that the naira account was a savings account which traditionally does not have a cheque book. I must say a naira cheque book is more useful to me than the foreign currency one.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 4:37am On Mar 18, 2008
@Etin,
Happy Easter O!

I still can't think of a single use of the Diamond Reach dollar checkbook either.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by BigBashiru: 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2008
Hi All!

I am quite new to this forum and I must say its very fantastic!

I just have a few questions about UBA (as I will be going with them for now):

* If I open current, savings and broking accounts, I want to initially fund the current account by way of relative paying naira into the account. Personally I think, UBARemit, no matter how convenient is a rip-off if you are transferring very large sums of foreign. Will they allow opening the account if I will fully fund it this method (relative paying in naira)- or remit part account funding by this method. UBARemit rates are poor.

* When using NRN services, can I speed-post non-UBA cheque to the relationship officer from UK to forward to the brokers. I wont be suprised if they say you cant, in that case will it be possible to send the non-UBA cheque directly to UBA stock brokers? Why must they force people to use their current accounts and is there anyway around this.

* Stock broking profits can be paid into non-UBA account while using NRN services I am supposing?
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 12:15am On Mar 19, 2008
@NBA

When I come up with a good way to use your dollar cheque book in Nigeria, I 'll gladly let you know. How is your friend Obama. I have not really paid any attention so was pleasantly suprised to findout he was so eloquent - thank to your link. I really wonder if he can win?

Back to Diamond. Have you got your PIN for your debit card? I was told I would get it on Friday the 14th of March 2008 still waiting
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Prince11(m): 12:30am On Mar 19, 2008
Posted by: BigBashiru 
Insert Quote
Hi All!

* If I open current, savings and broking accounts, I want to initially fund the current account by way of relative paying naira into the account. Personally I think, UBARemit, no matter how convenient is a rip-off if you are transferring very large sums of foreign. Will they allow opening the account if I will fully fund it this method (relative paying in naira)- or remit part account funding by this method. , answer is YES, that is how I have funded my account so far with them UBARemit rates are poor.

* When using NRN services, can I speed-post non-UBA cheque to the relationship officer from UK to forward to the brokers. I wont be suprised if they say you can't, in that case will it be possible to send the non-UBA cheque directly to UBA stock brokers? Why must they force people to use their current accounts and is there anyway around this, If you check previous postings there is a way round funding your brokerage account without using the current account, just check
* Stock broking profits can be paid into non-UBA account while using NRN services I am supposing?, again Yes, ask them to pay it into your savings account  and them you can move it out anyhow,
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by einnew: 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2008
Hi

Just want to check if anyone heard of VINARD LOANS FINANCIAL SERVICES and FOX PETERSON LENDING AGENCY. These both companies come from Nigeria.

thanks
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by ManJiro(m): 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2008
Prince11:

Posted by: BigBashiru
Insert Quote
Hi All!

* If I open current, savings and broking accounts, I want to initially fund the current account by way of relative paying naira into the account. Personally I think, UBARemit, no matter how convenient is a rip-off if you are transferring very large sums of foreign. Will they allow opening the account if I will fully fund it this method (relative paying in naira)- or remit part account funding by this method. , answer is YES, that is how I have funded my account so far with them UBARemit rates are poor.

* When using NRN services, can I speed-post non-UBA cheque to the relationship officer from UK to forward to the brokers. I wont be suprised if they say you can't, in that case will it be possible to send the non-UBA cheque directly to UBA stock brokers? Why must they force people to use their current accounts and is there anyway around this, If you check previous postings there is a way round funding your brokerage account without using the current account, just check
* Stock broking profits can be paid into non-UBA account while using NRN services I am supposing?, again Yes, ask them to pay it into your savings account and them you can move it out anyhow,

Request for UBA Stockbrokers Client Account Number: I pay directly to them but just inform my relationship manager to confirm it. I would say that the service is improving. The key is placing your orders before the stock goes on full bid: not too easy to judge. You might buy 1-5% more expensive though
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2008
Etin:

@NBA

When I come up with a good way to use your dollar cheque book in Nigeria, I 'll gladly let you know. How is your friend Obama. I have not really paid any attention so was pleasantly suprised to findout he was so eloquent - thank to your link. I really wonder if he can win?

Back to Diamond. Have you got your PIN for your debit card? I was told I would get it on Friday the 14th of March 2008 still waiting

@Etin,

Per obama, win or loose he has represented very well. It will be interesting to see what happens.

No, I did not get my pin yet but it was nice to get the card as I wasn't expecting one. BTW, did you get a Naira checkbook eventually? I recal you or maybe it was someone else on the thread, requested one.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2008
Man Jiro:

Request for UBA Stockbrokers Client Account Number: I pay directly to them but just inform my relationship manager to confirm it. I would say that the service is improving. The key is placing your orders before the stock goes on full bid: not too easy to judge. You might buy 1-5% more expensive though
@Man Jiro,
Good to know, maybe I will fund the account I opened.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2008
einnew:

Hi

Just want to check if anyone heard of VINARD LOANS FINANCIAL SERVICES and FOX PETERSON LENDING AGENCY. These both companies come from Nigeria.

thanks

Nope, where are they based?
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by einnew: 2:47am On Mar 20, 2008
Hi,

I have received emails from them regarding loans and i was wondering if they are scams.One of them quoted me this address so just want to check if anyone of you heard of this company.
VINARD LOANS FINANCIAL SERVICES
Tel:+2348078952871
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2008
My People:

Here is wishing you a joyous, peaceful and refreshing Easter.

Kip on rocking!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2008
This is a must see for us Nigerians - http://youtube.com/watch?v=O2Y_njZ9Dg8&feature=related

Mike Wallace tried to frame Nigeria as the most corrupt nation in the world and got an earful from Farrakhan. The way he even phrased the question was infuriating. What an @$$ #0!^
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 1:02am On Mar 28, 2008
@NBA, ManJiro, et al

Finally got my Diamond Reach ATM Card PIN. Also finally opened an NRN with UBA. Frankly I wasnt impressed I had to keep sending emails to find out if the account had been openned and finally called Nigeria a week after before an email was sent to me with the account details. I am burnt out I really dont have the strenght to run the account now.

tired Etin
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by vikai: 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2008
Ponders for those who will like a stock broking account with the esteemed Vetiva:-

Please find below details of the service level you have specified:

CATEGORY 1: Vetiva Stock Broking Account – (Minimum Deposit – N2.5million/$20,000)

• As a Client, you will exercise full discretion in the Management of your Portfolio;
• Investment activities shall be carried out on client portfolios in accordance with strict instructions obtained from the client and Vetiva shall not initiate any investment activities on behalf of StockBroking clients;
• Clients shall have access to Vetiva Online & Mobile Services (in line with specific terms which are laid out);
• Monthly Online statements will be available to Clients on login to their accounts.

Please note that we would require the following documents from your good self in order to forward you our Account Opening Documents:
• A copy of your Driver's License/any other Governmental ID;
• Data page of your international passport
• A copy of any utility bill (for proof of residence);
• Letter from your Bank and employer
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2008
vikai:

Ponders for those who will like a stock broking account with the esteemed Vetiva:-

Please find below details of the service level you have specified:

CATEGORY 1: Vetiva Stock Broking Account – (Minimum Deposit – N2.5million/$20,000)

• As a Client, you will exercise full discretion in the Management of your Portfolio;
• Investment activities shall be carried out on client portfolios in accordance with strict instructions obtained from the client and Vetiva shall not initiate any investment activities on behalf of StockBroking clients;
• Clients shall have access to Vetiva Online & Mobile Services (in line with specific terms which are laid out);
• Monthly Online statements will be available to Clients on login to their accounts.

Please note that we would require the following documents from your good self in order to forward you our Account Opening Documents:
• A copy of your Driver's License/any other Governmental ID;
• Data page of your international passport
• A copy of any utility bill (for proof of residence);
• Letter from your Bank and employer

@Vikai
Thanks for the heads-up!

Yup, it was only a question of time for the minimum deposit to go up!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2008
Folks,

If you were following the Stockmarket thread - Stockmarket tips for Nigerians, send an email to: omoba3 @ hotmail.co. uk for the latest.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2008
Found the following posted by diferent peeps:

Quote from: Ijogbon on Today at 01:56:55 PM
I just thot i'ld share this with everyone who is not in Naij and wants to hear news and hear happenings/music/trends etc,

www.coolfm.us

it streams live transmission,

==================================================
author=faketan link=topic=274.msg1249#msg1249 date=1206727761]
see another link for nigeria radio stations.

Live streaming. 5 stations. choose depending on what you want.

They are really good.

http://www.radionigeriaonline.com/rnplayer/index.html

author=Naijadr link=topic=274.msg1251#msg1251 date=1206728007]
for those live in the US, u can register for free here at

http://jumptv.com

and watch naija tv for free LIVE, NTA Intl, Silverbird, Channels, Lagos TV, and watch the news and all. Its only free for those who live in the US though!! For example, NTA 9pm news will be coming on at 4pm EST, so yup live
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by wise3(m): 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2008
I like this thread so I am going to link to it form my site. http://www.business-travel-nigeria.com/nigeria-banks.html -
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2008
NBA:

Found the following posted by diferent peeps:

Quote from: Ijogbon on Today at 01:56:55 PM
I just thot i'ld share this with everyone who is not in Naij and wants to hear news and hear happenings/music/trends etc,

www.coolfm.us

it streams live transmission,

author=faketan link=topic=274.msg1249#msg1249 date=1206727761]
see another link for nigeria radio stations.

Live streaming. 5 stations. choose depending on what you want.

They are really good.

http://www.radionigeriaonline.com/rnplayer/index.html

author=Naijadr link=topic=274.msg1251#msg1251 date=1206728007]
for those live in the US, u can register for free here at

http://jumptv.com

and watch naija tv for free LIVE, NTA Intl, Silverbird, Channels, Lagos TV, and watch the news and all. Its only free for those who live in the US though!! For example, NTA 9pm news will be coming on at 4pm EST, so yup live

The following might also be of interest to folks:

http://www.nigerianwebradio.com/

Kip on rockin!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2008
X-2-X:

Actually, it is omoba3 at hotmail[b].co.uk[/b]
@X-2-X,
Thanks for catching that! I modified the post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

MMM Dumps Naira, To Use Bitcoin / Analysis Of Results Of Companies On The Nigerian Stock Exchange / What Investment Mistake Would You Never Make In 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.