Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,846 members, 7,798,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? (16973 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2011
Which Public Universities In Nigeria,is Suitable To Study Medicine.?

Pls wich universities in nigeria is suitable to study medicine. Pls list their names,cut off mark and how they calculate their cut off marks
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2011
none
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2011
Ferdíi why none? I hav tried abroad universities but they require all sort of exams result like Toefl,sat,mcat. Tell me the one's in nigeria
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by fateavon4u(f): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2011
if u have enuff money,try eastern Europe (Hungary,Romania,Bulgaria and Ukraine), for Nigeria,eastern uni r unn and unizik (those r the ones i no)
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2011
Ok@fate what it is the cut off mark for medicine@unn nd unizik. I wil search those european univ
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Tobbie9(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2011
Guy if u're serious then come to O.A.U i'm just about to enter for med there, but i know some of the med students there & they are very brilliant
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2011
Tobbie whatx ur jamb nd postume score
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by blabber15(f): 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2011
UI is the best uni for medicine in nigeria
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2011
Blabber pls how do they calculate their cut off mark
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2011
fateavon4u:

if u have enuff money,try eastern Europe (Hungary,Romania,Bulgaria and Ukraine), for Nigeria,eastern uni r unn and unizik (those r the ones i no)
Why is everything about you eastern? undecided
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by freecocoa(f): 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2011
Ijogz K:

Why is everything about you eastern? undecided
LMAO

Op have you written jamb or are you asking as regards next year?
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by amtheone(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2011
@poster
Any university that offers such, pls go ahead and study. At the moment all universities in Nigeria are the same. None is better than the other or worse than the other.

If u dont believe after graduation u will know what am talking. By the way will jamb and post UMe even allow u. Corrupt system everywhere.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by WhyAWhy(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2011
amtheone:

@poster
Any university that offers such, pls go ahead and study. At the moment all universities in Nigeria are the same. None is better than the other or worse than the other.

If u dont believe after graduation u will know what am talking. By the way will jamb and post UMe even allow u. Corrupt system everywhere.

Very sensible reply.

I schooled in the west but judging by the products I met abroad from all over, University is not what really makes people, it only shows you the way, you have to functionally develop yourself and fashion your own paths!!
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2011
Freecocoa nd my commentator i write jamb nd postume dis yr nd did wel bt d schl i choose said they re nt admitting medicine dis yr so nw i want to survey vry wel b4 choosin 4 nxt yr jamb
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by maki(f): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2011
uniport is one d best in studing medicine in nigeria, but they will drill d hell out of u, a 3rd class student in medicine in uniport is a 1st class material in most other universities in and otherside the country,
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by thorpido(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2011
University of Ibadan is still good.

Almost new Nokia N8 4 N60,000, interested?call 08059449237
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Kommentato(m): 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
maki:

uniport is one d best in studing medicine in nigeria, but they will drill d hell out of u,  a 3rd class student in medicine in uniport is a 1st class material in most other universities in and otherside the country,

There is nothing like ''3rd class or 1st class'' in Medicine. See who's advising someone oooo  sad

2 Likes

Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2011
Maki i dnt mind. Hope they re nt using politicies. What is their post ume cut off 4 med
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Ikwikwikwi(m): 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
go to Babalawo university, they are reliable
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Koolking(m): 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2011
Try Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM). You won't regret it.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2011
Pls if u want to comment input the schl name nd dis yr cut off mark 4 medicine
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Orikinla(m): 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
College of Medicine of the University of Ibadan
College of Medicine, University of Lagos
I am not sure about Ilorin.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by amtheone(m): 4:11pm On Nov 02, 2011
u c i wanted to leave this thread but i cant. To further demonstrate how corrupt our educational system is, the Op is even asking of the supposed gud university how its Post War(UME) is calculated. if u know how to calculate such pls go ahead i want to also learn.

In some well meaning countries the time used to calculate nonsense post whatever it's called, is enof to finish first semester in school.

Pls am waiting for the calculation. Any body that succeed with the formula - i mean post war formula, i promise such fellow a job at yam/umme office
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by uglybetty: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2011
University of Ilorin.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
UI and Ilorin are highly respected in Medicine in Nigeria, not to exclude my alma mater, OAU. The choice is yours.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by norris1980: 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2011
kommentato or wat do u call urself,nothing like 3rd class in medicine, u want to kill everybody, the best university in medicine,UI AND UNILORIN, UNIMAID, they av the facilities.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Dapwajok(m): 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2011
some nigerian university are good compared to some forein unis. I met one expatrate dat was brouth from india with 1st n 2nd degee in dairy technology but u will not believe me that d guy can not produce yoghurt? If u are dedicated n ready to learn. U can be a good product of any institute.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by PurestBoy(m): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
[size=15pt]Go to UniBoko in Maiduguri, They have the best medicine materials and many fresh corpses to practice on, [/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by BabaO2: 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
Why not Unilag ?
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by WhyAWhy(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2011
Dápwajok:

some nigerian university are good compared to some forein unis. I met one expatrate dat was brouth from india with 1st n 2nd degee in dairy technology but u will not believe me that d guy can not produce yoghurt? If u are dedicated n ready to learn. U can be a good product of any institute.

sometimes what you study doesn't necessarily correlate with what you can do , just like saying because i studied electronics engineering and i couldn't produce a smart phone/iphone.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by WhyAWhy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
Dápwajok:

sometimes what you study doesn't necessarily correlate with what you can do , just like saying because i studied electronics engineering and i couldn't produce a smart phone/iphone.
Re: Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? by Tobbie9(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
Doneze:

Tobbie whatx your jamb nd postume score
JAMB-290 P.JAMB-302

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims / Kaduna Govt Evacuates Scholarship Beneficiaries In Sudan / University Of Ghana Suspends Gyampo And Bukator In Sex For Grade Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.