Stats: 3,147,809 members, 7,798,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? (21957 Views)

Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland / Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by deekseen(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
nabzguy:
Oga how and when did Borikiri had an Igbo name, why do people come online to showcase their ignorance. Borikiri is an Ijoid dialect meaning fishing settlement. Ijoid dialect refers to Igbani, Okrika, Kalabari, Nembe etc.
Read how i interpreted Borokiri in Okrika, then read what you wrote and try to figure out if you really have any comprehension skill.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by nabzguy: 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
deekseen:
Read how i interpreted Borokiri in Okrika, then read what you wrote and try to figure out if you really have any comprehension skill.
I have read it once more and i have figured out that i only wasted my mb on a post from a simpleton, check your statement 'Thanks, to mention a few. This is the same reason Borokiri (Fishing Port in Okirika) had an Igbo name in the first place' and advise your ignorance.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by deekseen(m): 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
nabzguy:
I have read it once more and i have figured out that i only wasted my mb on a post from a simpleton, check your statement 'Thanks, to mention a few. This is the same reason Borokiri (Fishing Port in Okirika) had an Igbo name in the first place' and advise your ignorance.
Was Borokiri not also known as 'Igwe Ocha', an Igboid name? Or do you decide to think and comprehend with the tiny hole in your bu.tt sometimes?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by AjaanaOka(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
deekseen:
Was Borokiri not also known as 'Igwe Ocha', an Igboid name? Or do you decide to think and comprehend with the tiny hole in your bu.tt sometimes?

Borokiri was known as Igwe Ocha?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by deekseen(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
AjaanaOka:

Borokiri was known as Igwe Ocha?
I don't know what's confusing you guys. Before Port Harcourt expanded, were Borokiri and Town not the main and Original City? Was the then Port Harcourt not referred to as 'Igwe Ocha'?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by AjaanaOka(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
deekseen:
I don't know what's confusing you guys. Before Port Harcourt expanded, were Borokiri and Town not the main and Original City? Was the then Port Harcourt not referred to as 'Igwe Ocha'?

This is the first time I am hearing that the name 'Iguocha' also roped in Borokiri. What i've been hearing and reading all along is that Iguocha is the Diobu-derived part of what became Port Harcourt.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by nabzguy: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2016
deekseen:
So Borikiri was known as igwe ocha maybe ur ancestors left your erosion plaqued villages on tortoise back to coduct d naming ceremony. it is your type that will say Lagos is no mans land.

Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by deekseen(m): 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2016
nabzguy:
So Borikiri was known as igwe ocha maybe ur ancestors left your erosion plaqued villages on tortoise back to coduct d naming ceremony. it is your type that will say Lagos is no mans land.
I hope your ignorance and lack of comprehension doesn't kill you soon.

Igwe Ocha being a former nickname for Port Harcourt doesn't imply that it's an Igbo settlement. Same way Lagos (a Portuguese name) and Eko (an Edo nickname for Lagos) do not give the identity of Lagos to Portugal or Edo state.

By the way, I'm from Okrika. So, I guess it was your ancestors that rode on snail's back.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by nabzguy: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
deekseen:
I hope your ignorance and lack of comprehension doesn't kill you soon.

Igwe Ocha being a former nickname for Port Harcourt doesn't imply that it's an Igbo settlement. Same way Lagos (a Portuguese name) and Eko (an Edo nickname for Lagos) do not give the identity of Lagos to Portugal or Edo state.

By the way, I'm from Okrika. So, I guess it was your ancestors that rode on snail's back.
How does, according to your initial statement ' had an igbo name at the first place ' now translates to a nickname, maybe in your village you people give nickname before original name. Please Okrikans are not known to be dumb as you are, so
refrain from claiming to be an indigene of Okrika. You certainly lack the intellectual ability to sustain an intelligent conversation, go get an appropriate education, then we can proceed from there.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by deekseen(m): 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
nabzguy:
How does, according to your initial statement ' had an igbo name at the first place ' now translates to a nickname, maybe in your village you people give nickname before original name. Please Okrikans are not known to be dumb as you are, so
refrain from claiming to be an indigene of Okrika. You certainly lack the intellectual ability to sustain an intelligent conversation, go get an appropriate education, then we can proceed from there.
After all said and done, COMPREHENSION is still a disease.

Go get cured.

Bye.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by victorDanladi: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2017
laudate:

Oh yeah. . . .I forgot, it is not Yoruba land. Lagos is now Ibibio land, Igbo land and Idoma land. It has been uprooted from its' present location and placed firmly across the Niger, not so??

This obsession with Lagos, is what I can't understand. Last time I checked, I did not see where the map of Nigeria had been re-drawn, to place Lagos firmly outside the South-west. When it suits you, you claim one Nigeria. When it doesn't suit you, you guys claim other ethnic groups are bad and the nation should be divided along ethnic lines, because you don't like the present arrangement. It would be nice if you all could make up your minds, once & for all.
2007!

You don dey deal with this guys for a very long time sha.
God will continue to bless you!

Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by NonsoPlatinum: 1:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted in the Igbo-British community. Have a look at their channel, they are trying to keep the language alive..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTyt1IqD6hk
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by rhelis: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2017
Donzman:
Honestly, I don't care and I do not know much about the issue. Every Nigerian should have equal rights anywhere in the federation, PH and Lagos included regardless of ethnic background. You know, the right to vote and be voted for, own property, rights to economic participation and etcetera.

I do not really wish to listen to what Mr. Clark or Omehia have to say, especially the old man Clark. What kind of Nigerian name is Clark anyway? He should be upset with his great grandfather for accepting a foreign name and leave the residents of PH alone.

true talk,we are one Nigeria ooo.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by rhelis: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2017
Donzman:
Honestly, I don't care and I do not know much about the issue. Every Nigerian should have equal rights anywhere in the federation, PH and Lagos included regardless of ethnic background. You know, the right to vote and be voted for, own property, rights to economic participation and etcetera.

I do not really wish to listen to what Mr. Clark or Omehia have to say, especially the old man Clark. What kind of Nigerian name is Clark anyway? He should be upset with his great grandfather for accepting a foreign name and leave the residents of PH alone.

True talk we are one Nigeria ooo.
Experience much fun while shopping online at affordable price, plus you can bargain your price online
visit https://rhelis.com
Hurry Now!!
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by EdiAbali: 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
RedLips3:
the Lord of Nairaland

Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by EdiAbali: 1:36am On Aug 12, 2019
tailor:
Somebody told me that PH is not an igboland while the real landlords speak, hear and bear igbo names, i mean the IKWERRE people.

3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Our Village Masqurade Festival(odo Festival) In Ngwo Uno (pics) / Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. / Emir Sanusi Visits The Archbishop Of Canterbury In Lambeth Palace, UK (photos)