Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? (2977 Views)

My Wapka Site Has More Functions Than Nairaland And Your Website / 5 Reasons Why Facebook Is Better Than Nairaland For Nigerians / Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by chinedumo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2011
I ask because

I see Topics there with higher viewership

like 10 thousand + for a day old topic

I dont think it is the same with Nairaland

Take for example > http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,83641.0.html
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by yawatide(f): 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2011
What defines popularity? Number of posts per topic or total hits to a site, over a period of time? Just thinking.
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by chinedumo(m): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
I am using viewership
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by databoy: 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2011
Really dumb question. You are comparing your site that has 57k topics to nairaland that has over 800k topics.
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by chinedumo(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2011
*databoy:

Really dumb question. You are comparing your site that has 57k topics to nairaland that has over 800k topics.

i dont recall calling Naijapals my site

If Nairaland has more topics how come Naijapals has more viewership

it is quality not quantity
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by soloqy: 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2011
chinedumo:

I ask because

I see Topics there with higher viewership

like 10 thousand + for a day old topic

I dont think it is the same with Nairaland

Take for example > http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,83641.0.html

A short trip to Alexa should clear things up for you. Or trip to websites Outlook.
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2011
left to me i prefer ngmix the response are more mature and sexist,tribalist and beef free
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by WebSurfer(m): 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
maybeee
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by deco2come: 3:03am On Nov 03, 2011
Naijapals is not popular than Nairaland. For now, Nairaland remains the most visited Nigeria website. How did I know this?

I once try to use google adwords to advertise our products. Google provided an option for you to choose which websites you would like your advert to be display. They also tell you the site statics per website. From their statistics, Nairaland visitors out-numbered Naijapals.

Another way you can check this is by using www.visualizetraffic.com. You can see the number of visitors per day
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by dhtml1(m): 5:26am On Nov 03, 2011
That site really does work.
I used it for .net and .com results

.com gets 190 internet visitors per day, now imagine that they would all come together.
.net gets 1,095 internet visitors per day, now imagine that they would all come together.

Now due to some trackers i placed on my website - i do know for certain that .net gets an average of 1000 visits per day.

Now i begin to wonder how this stuff really works.
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by deco2come: 6:52am On Nov 03, 2011
dhtml .:

That site really does work.
I used it for .net and .com results

.com gets 190 internet visitors per day, now imagine that they would all come together.
.net gets 1,095 internet visitors per day, now imagine that they would all come together.

Now due to some trackers i placed on my website - i do know for certain that .net gets an average of 1000 visits per day.

Now i begin to wonder how this stuff really works.

It seems .net visitors has reduced significantly. I checked it again and it was 1095 visitors per day but it was last updated since 326days ago. I tried to update the infor and it fails to 333 visitors per day

On the other hand, .com seems to attarct more visitors. It is now 667 visitors per day.

My site Umuigbo[dot]com has failed patapata grin I need to go back to square 1
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by dhtml1(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2011
That is because i have restructured my site.
Originally, the main site was .net (until about 1 month ago) - in fact like 10,000+ people (and bots) registered on .net then.

later on (few months back) i created .com and shifted all attention to it. But at the end of the day, the 2 sites links to each other.

The way the statistics is changing shows that the visualtraffick site is really working. That is why i used my sites to test it.
Meanwhile www.dhtmlkits.com which i am yet to populate - shows that it has no traffick - which is true.
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by ifyclose2(m): 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2011
Naijapals has and Alexa rank of 7,970 while Nairaland has an Alexa rank of 1,720, so that pretty much says it all, Nairaland still remains number one!!!
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by aluta4live: 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
I think Naijapals might have since overtaken Nairaland. Its no secret that Alexa has no REAL way of measuring any site traffic, their estimates are far off especially in Nigeria where alot of ISP share same IP address, there was a day that alexa even had no. 1 - 10 in Nigeria as google.com, so as long as webmasters have not embedded a tracking cookie from alexa on their site, then their estimates are surely far off.

On the other hand, Google will be able to provide more closer estimates because all Nigerian sites uses google analytics and google adsense, and According to google, Naijapals has overtaken Nairaland at the moment, check it out for yourself:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=naijapals%2C+nairaland

http://trends.google.com/websites?q=naijapals.com%2C+nairaland.com&geo=all&date=all

Hope that makes sense?
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by yommysomguy(m): 7:35am On Nov 08, 2011
I love both nairaland and naijapals, even naijahotjobs
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by yommysomguy(m): 9:06am On Nov 08, 2011
I wonder what the replies would be if this topic makes the front page
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by chinedumo(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
aluta4live:

I think Naijapals might have since overtaken Nairaland. Its no secret that Alexa has no REAL way of measuring any site traffic, their estimates are far off especially in Nigeria where alot of ISP share same IP address, there was a day that alexa even had no. 1 - 10 in Nigeria as google.com, so as long as webmasters have not embedded a tracking cookie from alexa on their site, then their estimates are surely far off.

On the other hand, Google will be able to provide more closer estimates because all Nigerian sites uses google analytics and google adsense, and According to google, Naijapals has overtaken Nairaland at the moment, check it out for yourself:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=naijapals%2C+nairaland

http://trends.google.com/websites?q=naijapals.com%2C+nairaland.com&geo=all&date=all

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks for bringing this up

I had the feeling that the motion that Nairaland was more popular was rather an outdated information

Just like i said earlier
i am not always on nairaland
and i dont view everything on Nairaland

but from memory i am unaware of a Day old topic commanding as much as 10 thousand views

That was what struck me as odd at first
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by mrperfect(m): 1:22am On Nov 10, 2011
They serve different purposes therefor not competitors.
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by chinedumo(m): 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2011
mrperfect:

They serve different purposes therefor not competitors.

enlighten us more,
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by luvlytrici: 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
AN APPEAL TO BOKOHARAM.IF YOU ARE A PATRIOTIC NIGERIAN POST THIS ON YOUR WALL AND SEND THIS TO FRIENDS and family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZAh683qFU
Re: Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 20, 2011
fake counters are everywhere.

number 1 culprit is (displayed online users =1270 + actual_online_user)
same with naijapals

(1) (Reply)

I Need Information About VBHOSTNET.COM *good or not* / Isn't It Unbelievable That Thehackernews.com Is On Blogger? / Nigeria Verified Google Adsense Account With 80$ For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.