Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? (10975 Views)

Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Can I Survive This Marriage / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by IykeD(m): 11:54am On Nov 03, 2011
My man, they pitied you oh cos they didn't put two BBs for pride parents, another special one for pride and then 10 Brazilian mammy-water hair for bride, mum and siblings. So smile, i'm sure it's not more than 200k! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Elgaxton(m): 11:54am On Nov 03, 2011
This list is definitely from UYO area, I have mine on the table right now, It is seven paged  grin

I am up to the task anyway cos God is on my side  wink
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by AzukaO(m): 11:57am On Nov 03, 2011
The list is outrageous, to say the least. Such lists fuel the belief that it very expensive to marry from Igboland. Each town and family MUST insist that such ridiculous lists are not given to prospective suitors. We have done it in my town and family. My father collected the same N100 for my sisters' bride price. My father-in-law also did it - he collected only N100 from me as bride price.

Let the man be concerned mainly with the cost of the food and drinks guests will take on the D-Day. A man must not be fleeced because he wants to marry.
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2011
OP, If you are for real and not some god-forsaken yoruba man with countless IDs, Why haven't your folks told the prices of there things since February 2011 when you first posted it here(It's over 9 months now)

Dont you have a responsible family member who is on ground you can text this list to, to help you find out their prices, instead of pasting online items most people are not familiar with to even know their prices?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by missgstar2: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
mbatuku2:

OP, If you are for real and not some god-forsaken yoruba man with countless IDs, Why haven't your folks told the prices of there things since February 2011 when you first posted it here(It's over 9 months now)

Dont you have a responsible family member who is on ground you can text this list to, to help you find out their prices, instead of pasting online items most people are not familiar with to even know their prices?

my parents are here in the uk, and have been very vague with how much they think it will cost. my father is now due to return to nigeria, so i simply asked on here as I guessed you over there would have a better idea than me.

Is that ok with u?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Kx: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2011
Is the list not negotiable?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2011
missgstar2:

my parents are here in the uk, and have been very vague with how much they think it will cost.  my father is now due to return to nigeria, so i simply asked on here as I guessed you over there would have a better idea than me.

Is that ok with u?

, And you have no relatives in Nigeria who can go to the local market to ascertain the prices of these items?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2011
BTW, who drafted that marriage list?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by harrier(m): 12:28pm On Nov 03, 2011
Man will do anything for the one he love, the list is nothing.
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by born2boink(m): 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
all these gifts because of wedding way non divorce is not guarantee anymore, Na cry should divorce mistakenly arise cause na everyday I dey here different divorce story for news unlike old school wey na marry forever
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by missgstar2: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2011
mbatuku2:

BTW, who drafted that marriage list?
mbatuku2:

, And you have no relatives in Nigeria who can go to the local market to ascertain the prices of these items?

the list was was drafted by the elders,
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by CarlosVent(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2011
Am igbo from anambra state and can i Know your state because from the readings i don't think its a typical anambra list.

all the same if your one daughter the list usually will be like this. but you guys should have someone there that will meet those Men to cut the list down.

if the total is like 200,000 naira tell them that you guys have 150,000. may be they know you guys are rich that's why they prepared something high. after all people living low life went in Nigeria here went through same procedure and this list wont be this much with this type of people.

Secondly if you guys have a popular family name and want to invite high profile people then you can even add to their list and make the event a worthwhile. to me no amount of money spent in your wedding ceremony even if its traditional or white wedding is a waste. this is because its done 1s in a life time.

Goodluck to you and one more things make security to be tight to avoid your guest being kidnapped.
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
missgstar2:

the list was was drafted by the elders,  

So, none of the wives of these elders can help you to get the cost of the items?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by OkparaIgbo: 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
OP Go and sleep, it is obvious you are not here to ganier help but just to make fun of the Old Igbo Tradition.!!

[b][b][b]PURE FAIL MY DEAR, !! But good Try, and please let my Igbo brothers and Sisters Ignore this wannabe.[/b][/b][/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezl2s8-YDtY&ob=av3e
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by missgstar2: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2011
OkparaIgbo:

OP Go and sleep, it is obvious you are not here to ganier help but just to make fun of the Old Igbo Tradition.!!

[b][b][b]PURE FAIL MY DEAR, !! But good Try, and please let my Igbo brothers and Sisters Ignore this wannabe.[/b][/b][/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezl2s8-YDtY&ob=av3e

Why so cynical my brother?? I'm not making fun of the igbo tradition at all. Why would I bother to, afterall I'm not living in Nigeria. What do I gain?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Onyema1(m): 1:59pm On Nov 03, 2011
That list is nothing! I don't think the entire thing is more than N300k. If any guy does not have N300k less than ($2000) to spend for marrying your wife, please don't marry yet, it is not by force. However it depends on the grade of wife shaa.
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by ronkebp(f): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2011
mbatuku2:

So, none of the wives of these elders can help you to get the cost of the items?

The wives of the elders too are waiting for their own share. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by aginamuk: 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2011
i doubt it will be up to 200,000 naira.

it's just a long list of petty stuffs.
i see snuff and benson n hedges(that's probably 50 naira).

the op should just send £800. she should let his dude pay £500 and support him with £300.
it's a tradition and it's no biggie. men cough out this amount on ordinary smart gadgets that they dump after 2 yrs, how much more a wifey.

£800 to £1000 should be enough to fix this list.

Are you joking? How much is a cow?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2011
ronkebp:

The wives of the elders too are waiting for their own share. smiley smiley smiley

Maggot-eating baboon!. Why dont you crawl back into the shytehole you came from and die?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by ronkebp(f): 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2011
mbatuku2:

Maggot-eating baboon!. Why dont you crawl back into the shytehole you came from and die?

See i do not get, why some people really lack home training, and that is why it so shows by so many posts here!!

so if i may ask?? what has warranted this insults this morning?
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by odiraa(f): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
Pls ask them, all the truck and barrow pushers wey dey for ur town na d same list they gave them. spend wisely
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Akan(m): 2:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
una never see anything, that list is cheap compared to what happens in Ibibio land. I still dey recover
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by Outstrip(f): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2011
Disgusted

exits thread
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by ronkebp(f): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2011
Am actually still waiting for mbatuku2 that just insulted me, to come back and give me reasons for doing that. ''Yanga go dey sleep, trouble will go and wake her''. I do not know if he is a female/male, but if na woman curse me out this morning, she should better bring her st, u.pid self back online, lets iron it out. Because i see that she is very mannerless, senseless and useless. ANU MPAM!!!!!!Anuofia!!!!!!
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by ronkebp(f): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
Poster, am apologising in advance, because one ''akunakuna nwanyi'' just got on my last nerve this morning.
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by CasCas2: 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2011
there is nothing too outrageous here. The list is lengthy but definitely not too expensive.

Ordinarily, you may have decided to buy the dress for your father and mother-in-law but now, it is standardised and made ''simpler'' for you.

You would have bought all the food items mentioned or even more, but no one will raise an eyelid if what they requested is not enough.

Catering: What were you gonna spend on catering services? check this:

13).   FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DO THE COOKING:
A).   A CRATE OF MINERAL   (less than 1k)
B).   A CARTON OF BEER      (Star is a premium beer, <1.7k
C).   A PACKET OF CABIN BISCUIT   ( 0.15k)
D).   A BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS    (no particular brand < .5k)
E).   A GALLON OF PALM WINE    (depending on season, <2k)
F).   KITCHEN SUPPORT N2,000.00

can it get cheaper anywhere in the world to hire caterers?  grin

However, nothing there is beyond negotiation!! Best of luck.

By the way, I am married!!
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by fenandopo: 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2011
MARRIAGE LIST

1).   NMAYI NKUTU AKA:      ONE BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS---1600

2).   NMAYI IHE AVURU:      ONE BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS---1600

3).   NMAYI MKPARI UBUBO:      ONE BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS/BRANDY/WHISKY---1600

4).   NMAYI AJUJU NKE NNA NKE NNE:
A).   SIX (6) BOTTLES OF ASSORTD HOT DRINKS (THIS INCLUDES 1-3 ABOVE)1600x6---9600
B).   TWO (2) GALLONS OF PALM WINE---2000x2---4000
C).   AKA NA UTAKU (ONE HAND AND A LEG OF MEAT)    –      (SHORT FALL MEN N 3K / SHORT FALL WOMEN N3K)---4000x2---8000
D).   4 X N5 NOTES---20
E).   NATIVE KOLANUTS, GARDEN EGGS AND BITTER KOLA---3000
F).   ONE CREATE OF MINERAL---1000

5).   U ONU AKU:  (BARGAIN OF DOWRY – ONE BOTTLE OF WHISKY)---1600

6).   IWU OKWU MMIRI (REACHING ACCORD / SETTLEMENT) – ONE BIG BOTTLE OF WHISKY/BRANDY (THREE IN ONE).---4800

7).   BU NMAYI NWANYI:---500
A).   NKOI AKPA N3K (NGWA ATO)---3000
B).   AJU ISII N1,500.00--1500
C).   NKPO ISII---1000
D).   OKWA ISII---1000
E).   THIRTY SIX (36) GALLONS OF PALM WINE---2000x36---72000
F).   N120.00 (FOR THOSE TO CARRY THE PALM WINE)120x36---4320
G).   EKOT INEM KE-MEN N3K---3000
H).   EKOT INEM KE-WOMEN N3K---3000
I).   A BIG BOTTLE OF GROUND SNUFF---2000
J).   ONE ROLL OF CIGARETTES (BENSON & HEDGES / ST. MORRIS)---3000
K).   TWO (2) BIG PACKETS OF MATCHES (TEN IN ONE)---100x2---200
L).   IKPEGHE OGBITI / ULO NTA N200.00---200
M).   IKPEGHE ONU-NKPU N2,000.00---2000
N).   KOLANUTS, GARDEN EGGS, BITTER KOLA (IN LARGE QUANTITY)---5000
O).   TRANSPORT TO BRING OUT THE BRIDE – WOMEN N5,000.00---5000

.   NMAYI NGANGA (APPRECIATION)
A).    TEN (10) CARTONS OF ASSORTED BEER, INCLUDING TWO (2) CRATES OF SMALL STOUT---180x120---21600
B).   TEN (10) CRATES OF ASSORTED MINERALS INCLUDING AT LEAST THREE (3) CRATES OF MALTINA---1000x8+3x12=36x100=3600(8000+3600)---11600

9).   FATHER’S LIST
A).    ISI AGU / INYINYA MATERIALS FOR CHIEFTAINCY DRESS---5000
B).   SIX (6) PIECES OF PLAIN MADRAS (GEORGE)---3000x6---18000
C).   HAT---2000
D).   A PAIR OF CUT SHOES---5000
E).   GENTS UMBRELLA---1200
F).   WALKING STICK---2000
G).   GENTS WRIST WATCH---5000
H).   HANDKERCHIEFS---50x10---500
I).   TOWEL100x5---500

10).   MOTHER’S LIST
A).    ONE (1) HEAVY PIECE OF MADRAS (GEORGE)---5000
B).   FOUR (4) PIECES OF PLAIN MADRAS (GEORGE)---3000x4---12000
C).   ONE (1) PIECE OF UKPO (REAL DUTCH WAX)---4000
D).   HEAD TIE (TWO YARDS)200x2---4000
E).   LADIES UMBRELLA---1200
F).   CORDLESS BLOUSE MATERIAL---2500
G).   A PAIR OF SHOES---5000
H).   LADIES WRIST WATCH---4000
I).   TOWEL100x3---500
J).   COMPLETE SET OF G. L. CHAIN---5000
K).   LADIES HAND BAG---2000
L).   HANDHERCHIEFS---50x10---500
M).   ONE (1) CARTON OF TOILET / BATHING SOAP---24x100---2400
N).   ONE (1) CARTON OF BAR SOAP---80x24---1920
O).   ONE DOZEN OF ASSORTED BODY CREAM---700x12---8400
P).   SIX (6) ASSORTED TALCUM POWDER---1200x6---7200

11).   DANCING:   FOR THE BRIDE TO DANCE WITH THE GROOM N2,000.00---2000

12).   COOKING MATERIALS:
  2 BAGS OF RICE, 1 COW, 40 BIG TUBERS OF YAM, 2 LONG TAILS OF STOCK FISH, 2 STICKS OF DRY FISH, 6 HEADS OF STOCK FISH, ONE BAG OF GARRI, 30 CUPS OF EGUSI, 2 CUPS OF ACHI, 5 CUPS OF DRIED PEPPER, 1 TRAY OF CRAYFISH, 2 BAGS OF SALT, A BASKET OF FRESH TOMATOES, A TRAY OF ONIONS, A TRAY OF FRESH PEPPER, 1 CARTON OF TINNED TOMATOES, 1 TIN OF MAGGI (ROYCO), 2 BOTTLES OF CURRY POWDER, 2 BOTTLES OF THYME, 1 TIN OF GROUNDNUT OIL, 1 TIN OF PALM OIL, 1 MAT (HAUSA TYPE), 1 BIG BASIN (ERICO) AND 3 NUT MEGS.---81000

13).   FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DO THE COOKING:
A).   A CRATE OF MINERAL---1000
B).   A CARTON OF BEER180x12---2160
C).   A PACKET OF CABIN BISCUIT---120
D).   A BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS---1600
E).   A GALLON OF PALM WINE---2000
F).   KITCHEN SUPPORT N2,000.00---2000
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by kemmeye: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2011
wth do you need walking stick, umbrella and powder for.
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by VEE2010(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2011
I can't imagine how many reading this bill will pass through before it becomes a law sorry, marriage. Please, can someone remind me of the place where only wiping with correct stick would bring a beautiful wife? Maybe one needs to try that out to avoid this long bill. Lol
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by gascoign1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2011
Fair list i must say,though negotiable if you want, No amount is too expensive for a good Nigerian lady, they are priceless!
Re: Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? by KacHemNaU(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
Akan:

una never see anything, that list is cheap compared to what happens in Ibibio land. I still dey recover
if say laugh dey kill person, i 4 don die since

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? / Let's Talk About Online Flirting... / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.