Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' (6447 Views)

Pictures Of Overweight Policemen From Different Parts Of The World / No Matter What, Obasanjo Remains Our Father In PDP — Governor Lamido / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Kennyblues(m): 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2011
On AIT:
First Lady don do am again ohh :cry "Though we are from different states,  Nigeria still remains our continent, "X_X
"=))º°˚˚˚°ºНAĦAНAº°˚˚˚°º=))
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by DrummaBoy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
lol
Not again.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Beaf: 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2011
Abeg, mek una free our first lady jare!
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by EkoIle1: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2011
All the power, money and influence should be enough to get this woman some adult education? These sad people are even lazy and incompetent in their personal lives.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by kokoA(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2011
GBGAM! Kai! grin grin grin At last . . Its been a while o. Next time, madam don't keep us waiting for too long ok? grin grin grin
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2011
Odikwa serious

is it compulsory this Mrs Retardeen shows her face on TV?
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2011
this wuman is always releasing best sellers. guess i need to cash in
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by aljharem3: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2011
I think it is time we leave this woman alone. I mean at the end of the day, her English has no effect on me or Nigeria's economy.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by kabba7(m): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
cool. cool. cool.3. 4 GBOSAA to Mrs. Dr. Prof. Kurutu Patience Ebele Jonathan Ist Lady Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by kabba7(m): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2011
cool.   cool.   cool.3. 4 GBOSAA to Mrs. Dr.  Prof.  Kurutu Patience Ebele  Jonathan Ist Lady Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2011
viva uniports most famous graduate cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by nduchucks: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2011
I agree that this woman should be left alone and respected, haba! We all know that she is a decent human being and a lovely lady. GEJ and her handlers are well advised to get her in-house Educational training in the most respectable manner. Let them train her for 6 months with the best adult educator money can buy, and let her shock her detractors with a remarkable speech in perfect English in a few months.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by danjohn: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
I was shocked when I found out that Patience Jonathan has a university degree. I actually thought she had a primary 3 education. No kidding.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Ymodulus: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2011
Kennyblues:

On AIT:
First Lady don do am again ohh :cry "Though we are from different states, Nigeria still remains our continent,

and poster ther is actually nothing wrong with this statement. When she said nigeria remains a continent she is talking from a figurative perspective and not conotative or literal piont of view. First notice her use of climax from STATE =) CONTINENT. this is to show with much emphasis what shez trying to say. Take an example George Bush once made a speech after a racism case saying though you black, white, yellow or whatsoever color america as long as you stay in washington you live we all live in a continent. Would you say he was wrong? No i guess because you blive hez white and should know more. But the truth is he his not neither is patience jonathan. So poster free this lady jor. Now i see i shouldnt be angry when my statesman(Beaf) put you guys in your proper places.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by AndreUweh(m): 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ymodulus:

and poster ther is actually nothing wrong with this statement. When she said nigeria remains a continent she is talking from a figurative perspective and not conotative or literal piont of view. First notice her use of climax from STATE =) CONTINENT. this is to show with much emphasis what shez trying to say. Take an example George Bush once made a speech after a racism case saying though you black, white, yellow or whatsoever color america as long as you stay in washington you live we all live in a continent. Would you say he was wrong? No i guess because you blive hez white and should know more. But the truth is he his not neither is patience jonathan. So poster free this lady jor. Now i see i shouldnt be angry when my statesman(Beaf) put you guys in your proper places.
It shall be well with you.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2011
Lips sealed.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by muyoto: 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ymodulus:

and poster ther is actually nothing wrong with this statement. When she said nigeria remains a continent she is talking from a figurative perspective and not conotative or literal piont of view. First notice her use of climax from STATE =) CONTINENT. this is to show with much emphasis what shez trying to say. Take an example George Bush once made a speech after a racism case saying though you black, white, yellow or whatsoever color america as long as you stay in washington you live we all live in a continent. Would you say he was wrong? No i guess because you blive hez white and should know more. But the truth is he his not neither is patience jonathan. So poster free this lady jor. Now i see i shouldnt be angry when  my statesman(Beaf) put  you guys  in your proper places.

btwn your vacuous attempt to justify the unjustifiable, and the original blunder made by our amiable first lady, its really a challenge to decide which is more laughable.

She goofed. no biggie. life goes on. . .  wink
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ymodulus:

because he is a white educated man and president of the most powerful nation he can not blunder? And you are trying to create an angle of high intellect to a woman who has a proven case of low intelligence. The woman even has speech defect. If you want to defend her, please do so from an angle of pity and not try to put her on a level she can't comprehend.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by EkoIle1: 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ymodulus:

Must you insult our collective intelligence with this absurd and ridiculous post ?
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by dustydee: 12:01am On Nov 04, 2011
diluminati:

this wuman is always releasing best sellers. guess i need to cash in
grin grin grin
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Natasha2(f): 12:06am On Nov 04, 2011
Ymodulus:

and poster ther is actually nothing wrong with this statement. When she said nigeria remains a continent she is talking from a figurative perspective and not conotative or literal piont of view. First notice her use of climax from STATE =) CONTINENT. this is to show with much emphasis what shez trying to say. Take an example George Bush once made a speech after a racism case saying though you black, white, yellow or whatsoever color america as long as you stay in washington you live we all live in a continent. Would you say he was wrong? No i guess because you blive hez white and should know more. But the truth is he his not neither is patience jonathan. So poster free this lady jor. Now i see i shouldnt be angry when  my statesman(Beaf) put  you guys  in your proper places.
wow na you make the speech? how do you know its from a figurative perspective?   please this is a clear blunder.

Although I don't know why people can't leave this woman alone, Oh I forgot  she's our first lady  cheesy
I can't stop my self from laughing when ever I read things like this  grin Patience more grease to your elbow  grin grin
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by asedeygo: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2011
Simple Hyperbole,
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by daywatcher: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2011
is English her fourth or fifth language?
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by okunboy: 11:09am On Nov 04, 2011
This woman is talking from a prophetic angle. I tell you, she's seeing what some of you guys do not see. In some years to come, I see Nigeria breaking up into nations; I see Ijaw nation, Oodua Nation, Arewa Nation, Biafra Nation and several other nations springing up from Nigeria. I see a great earth tremor (such that has never been seen b4!) breaking into peices the african continent and Nigeria standing alone as a continent. In the light of this prophecy, Nigeria is a CONTINENT. So leave this woman alone.
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by numeralTM: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2011
before i opened, i already knew our first lady have spoken again, LWKMD ,,,,,
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by mbulela: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2011
Unique Uniport
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by mulumele(m): 11:32am On Nov 04, 2011
Simple Hyperbole

I thought it was onormetopoioeiea! lol
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by maki(f): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2011
okunboy:

This woman is talking from a prophetic angle. I tell you, she's seeing what some of you guys do not see. In some years to come, I see Nigeria breaking up into nations; I see Ijaw nation, Oodua Nation, Arewa Nation, Biafra Nation and several other nations springing up from Nigeria. I see a great earth tremor (such that has never been seen b4!) breaking into peices the african continent and Nigeria standing alone as a continent. In the light of this prophecy, Nigeria is a CONTINENT. So leave this woman alone.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by bunmioguns(m): 11:57am On Nov 04, 2011
Kennyblues:

On AIT:
First Lady don do am again ohh :cry "Though we are from different states,  Nigeria still remains our continent, "X_X
"=))º°˚˚˚°ºНAĦAНAº°˚˚˚°º=))

Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by hajifaty: 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
English is not our language. It is the language of your colonial masters and a borrowed langauge. I love asian pple, especially the chinese and the japanese they don't give shi t about english. If you want to deal with me then you should learn my language and culture. There are millions of westerners in China learning chinese because they want to benefit from the economy miracle of China. Leave the woman alone,
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by bbwlurv(m): 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
grin,Buhahahahahaha, heheheheheh, but rily,y do we see dis as a joke?cos it is, buhahahaha, ABEG,MOVE TO JOKES SECTION ABEG!
Re: 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
okunboy:

shocked shocked shocked shocked kai maybe i should laugh at your topic, or the other guy point, or ms jonah bullet, i dont know which one is more funny anymore, aREWA NATION? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

M.k.o Abiola And The Second Republic (1979-1983) / Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali / OPINION: Today's Yoruba Youths Are Too Lazy, Egoistic -adeyemi Adeleye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.