Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria (176007 Views)

Poll: which is the most frequently used insult in nigeria

idiot: 26% (34 votes)
your papa/mama/grandpapa etc: 15% (20 votes)
f**k u: 2% (3 votes)
U̶̲̥̅̊ dey craze: 49% (63 votes)
fool: 2% (3 votes)
others: 3% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

O-she-bay: A Racial Insult In Disguise / "Mangu Arna" - An Insult To The Cultural Heritage Of Plateau Heritage / Why Do Nigerians Like To Yab(insult) people? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Honeycity(f): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2011
oya were ni grin
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2011
Waka (five finger salute)

Your papa

Ewu/he-goat/she-goat
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by hbrednic: 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2011
God punish you
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by ugosly(m): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
WAKA+ YOUR PAPA( NPA GI) summarizes it 4me! smiley
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by HISchild: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
Truly,
"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be." - James 3:6-10
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by lightwall: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
we re!!!!!, madman!!!!!
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by nedu2000(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2011
HISchild:

Truly,
"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be." - James 3:6-10
going biblical I see,it definitely isn't a good thing but I feel the fustrations affliated to most nigerians brings about the reaction of being insulted as well as the action that brought about the insult
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by koolJ1(f): 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
sun_temi:

ODE grin
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
You dey madt abi?! angry
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Otunba1k: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
I think d word MUMU finish it all. Ive been to Aba, Jos Onitsha, Kano Kaduna Sokoto, Akure Ileife Ilorin Ibadan and now im in Lagos . If u are in confrontation with somebody, or in an argument with a people that is when u hear U DEY CRAZE and in the other way if U just make any mistake in anything people will not wait to say MUMU
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2011
Waka (five finger salute) i think it is this one especially for those driving.
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by ezer(m): 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
Parisgoodman:
It depends on the town, city or area. Like WARRI it is''YOUR FADA''. Even my dad stil de tel me say ''your fada''

Hahahaha!

For me its: ewu,mumu,ediot,anumanu!

Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by emofine(f): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
lol @ thread. . .I'm learning o please una for supply more ansas mek I store am for my word bank.
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
I think that poll should be edited to include - WAKA.

That is definitely the most frequently used insult.
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2011
Okija_juju:

And Shege possibly! wink
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by highland(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2011
Never part of me to abuse people.
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by nedu2000(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
highland:

Never part of me to abuse people.
have you related with nigerians dat much?
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by atuagbo: 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2011
U̶̲̥̅̊ dey craze
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by mirob(f): 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2011
U people seems not to have heard 'Oluku' which is d same as 'Mumu' meaning a stupid person.
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by toboy: 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
lol, chukwu kpo gi oku= may God set you ablaze, Or akirikpakpa wuo gi=may your body be covered with leprosy. Then ewu=fool
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
Like seriously, how can you guys forget "Thunder fire you dia"?
Others include, your father nyansh, God punish you, shege waka.
I used and still use those frequently.
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by nedu2000(m): 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2011
ItsModella:

Like seriously, how can you guys forget "Thunder fire you dia"?
Others include, your father nyansh, God punish you, shege waka.
I used and still use those frequently.
ur right dat should have bin one of the options,chei
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
I personally prefer ORI E BURU NI and it's fun when someone asks you. ShEY ORI E BURU NI? grin
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by mail4gift2(m): 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
YOUR FATHER
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by ArQuAbOy(m): 2:13am On Nov 05, 2011
U dey crase most def
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by Jluvu: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2011
your head no correct
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by MisterNRC(m): 9:18am On Nov 05, 2011
donspony:

Waka (five finger salute)

Your papa

Ewu/he-goat/she-goat
Okija_juju:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by rrhostomy(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2011
u dey mad?
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by blank(f): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2011
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be liable to the judgment. And whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be liable to the sanhedrin; but whoever shall say, Fool! shall be liable to be thrown into the fire of hell. - Matthew 5:22
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by oluwagbami(m): 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
were and oloshi is rather common in lagos.
Re: Most Frequently Used Insult In Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2011
See this ediot o,you dey craze.
See this mumu,you dey craze.
Athink you dey mad.
E be like say you dey craze.
God pounish you there.
Thunder fire you.
You be big ediot o.
See this maga.
C'mon gerraout,you no get sense.
See this mad man o.
Your fada dia.
Your mama.
I sure say craze dey worry you.
You well?
Chei naija,God abeg help us o.

Funny But Wise African Proverbs. / Efik/ibibio Names And Their Meaning / Traditional Yoruba Names And Their Meanings

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)