Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? (9830 Views)

Patience Jonathan Has A Mobile Game/app ! Thats Right / How To Build And Design A Mobile Application Like 2go, Whatsapp, Mixit / How Do I Develop A Mobile Application Concept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by werepeLeri: 11:15am On Dec 13, 2011
We have a java applet that does exactly what you want @Poster.

download samples for Abuja from:

http://www.ceaser-web.com/mobymap/abuja.jar

or Lagos from:

http://www.ceaser-web.com/mobymap/Lagos_All.jar

watch the capital letters. (Lagos_All.jar)

It works on any java enabled phone - you are all free to download.

Just point the browser on your phone to the link and download as an application. Works on BlackBerrys, etc.

Search for streets, points of interests, find my nearest - and many more.

Available for all state capitals in Nigeria.
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by fushi: 11:22am On Dec 13, 2011
:-x :-x :-x
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by Sike(m): 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2011
Subscribed!
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by ceejayluv(m): 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2011
U'll need to be a polyglot programmer, -u shud know Objective C (iOS), Java (Android), C# (windows phone), C/C++ (Blackberry OS), Download a sample app. Create a mobile site with a downloadable link app. Should get a database of all d addresses of restaurants. If possible get pictures of the interior of the restaurants, Get d Menu available in each restaurant.- no b beans oo , But its 100% possible.
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by kokofo: 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2011
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by Yacoco: 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2011
Very easy smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by onaex: 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
Go for "Java" Its everywhere. Symbian, Iphone, China Phones, Android, well maybe not on Windows Phone.
But hey, how many Windows Phone users do you know, for me its few to Nil.
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by sagefrank(m): 2:38am On Dec 14, 2011
Sky-walker:

I designed a mobile application during my masters. I used J2ME. its not really the easiest thing for me as i hate programming. 
To develop that ,you will need to learn J2ME and learn the GPS concept.This kind of application is currently being used in the UK.
If you not going to use GPS. then you will need to create a search box which maps restaurant to cities or states.you will need the address of all the restaurants populated into your database and users can search by location.
P.S if this is a school project. i would advise against GPS as the easiest way is create search options for users and you can also create addition link for people to register their restaurant on your app

@Sky-walker, what if its a symbian os software that needs to be built, what application we you advice to use,  smiley
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by dustydee: 9:29am On Dec 15, 2011
Any tutorial sites available? saw one on adobe website.
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by Skywalker5(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2011
sagefrank:

@Sky-walker, what if its a symbian os software that needs to be built, what application we you advice to use,  smiley

To be honest, i am not the best person to ask but my application was for Nokia mobile phones.I think the Nokia phones are Symbian so you should be fine with J2ME.i am more into hardware and networking than programming.I dont like programming. I used J2ME and use Netbeans to compile the codes. There is a website which Nokia has.I have forgotten the link but you can search for it. When you develop an application,you can upload the jar file and you can test the compatibility with most Nokia phone.

Check here http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Remote_device_access/   . think that were you can upload it too. You can also import it to your phone but it wont work perfectly as it keeps asking you to admin rights every time you want to access data. you have to sign it with Nokia and that expensive.

dustydee:

Any tutorial sites available? saw one on adobe website.

I downloaded lot of book then but i will try and see if i can find them but to understand J2ME, you first need to understand JAVA as a whole. Mine was a project so i just learnt one part and just manage to get some functions to work by searching codes online
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by werepeLeri: 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
@OP

Did you download any of the applications from the links I provided?
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by sigmainfo(m): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2012
For which Market Place and Operating System you wanted to develop this app?

As the steps for Android app, iOS app, Windows app, blackberry app are different so you need to decide the one you want to go with.
Re: How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? by dansmog(m): 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
it will be better you design a web application that will run on all Os like the common ones, instead of a native app

you can implement phonegap and jquerymobile to create the application

(1) (2) (Reply)

Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites / Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians / Create A Nested Lists Of Categories In Laravel 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.