Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Should Power Return To The North In 2015? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Power Return To The North In 2015? (13325 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Why Is There ''south South'' But No '' North North'' In Nigeria? / Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by niyooo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
Nice topic but as we all know. It ain't worth much. When 2015 comes around it'll be the old people at their tricks again. Rigging and setting up their cronies and friends. Too many e-politicians and tacticians in Nigeria.  angry angry angry
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ak47mann(m): 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
most BIAFRANS have properties all over Nigeria,we are not in the stone age anymore even thou some Nigerians during abandon properties acted like early-men when america and Russia were flying to the moon and back cool cool

Now is about referendum people should make their choice peacefully  cool cool
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aribisala0(m): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2011
actually can we name the culprits of the abandoned property imbroglio ehm.,.,.,.,

IKWERRE
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2011
manny4life:

GEJ is NOT SE, OBJ is SW

You see yourself, you don't want them to ascend the presidency---what are y'all afraid of?

Did iboes vote for obj ?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

that would be selfish of south easterners

Actually, they're not. You see how you think it's unfair if the North ia not ALLOWED to complete their 8yrs, how much so should a majority who has not even tasted it feel?

The only thing that is going to stop a SE from becoming president is if they keep demanding and acting out of pride. Nagging Nigerians is not going to get you there.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Relax101(m): 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

that would be selfish of south easterners

Please tell the world how.
Talk, I am listening.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Limaoscar: 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
Let 's be considerate. As long as the power doesn't go anyway near Bola Tinubu, any of the Uba Brothers, Odili or Alameyeisegha, I'm cool with it to
remain in the South, especially the south-south. I'm from the Core North, so don't call me Yoruba-Yoruba., but to be honest I dont trust any Northern leader for a minute anymore.

Especially since Yar'Adua reversed all the power projects and dashed all the equipment to his brother-in-law, whom he also made the Comptroller-General of Customs.

Especially since Yar'Adua imposed the inexperienced but verbose Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the CBN Governor, for the purpose of Northernising the financial industry, and seizing all the banks from good Southern Ownership and handing them over to corrupt, inept and broke-Bottom Northern owners at the expense of Ordinary Nigerian Shareholders.

Like I said before, I'm from the Core North!

Love your wit bruv. It's a knock-out punch to this un-intelligent post.

@OP,
Why should power return to the North  by 2015 when they havehave already  empowered themselves with Boko Haram.

BTW, By 2015 if GEJ is not going for a another term then we have the  following in no particular order on the waiting list-Igbos, the Benues, the Edos, The Crossriverians and their Akwa Ibom cousins, the Igalas, plateaus, Rivers , the Aniochas and the deltans or even more. The North will have to wait so long if Jesus tarries,  cheesy cheesy.
Oh, and I 'm not an ijaw  rivers or Igbo. I am from the core North dammit!!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by realchange: 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
North had almost 40 years unbroken leadership of Nigeria. what do we have to show for it? we can even trace most of our current problems to their years in power, just name it; poor industrial base, zero investment in power generation, complete abandonment of agriculture, theft of public funds in billions of dollars, failed policing system, failed political structure, comatose banking system before Obj era, failed international image; just name it.
any nigerian that wants them back is plain daft.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Why ? Are they not nigerians ?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
i don't care where it goes. let every zone come out to contest and give Nigerians a free and fair election. that's democracy.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
lagcity:

i don't care where it goes. let every zone come out to contest and give Nigerians a free and fair election. that's democracy.

Worst idea. this will further intensify tribalism in Nigeria.
250+ potential presidents, basically the majority will win.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Limaoscar: 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
Let 's be considerate. As long as the power doesn't go anyway near Bola Tinubu, any of the Uba Brothers, Odili or Alameyeisegha, I'm cool with it to
remain in the South, especially the south-south. I'm from the Core North, so don't call me Yoruba-Yoruba., but to be honest I dont trust any Northern leader for a minute anymore.

Especially since Yar'Adua reversed all the power projects and dashed all the equipment to his brother-in-law, whom he also made the Comptroller-General of Customs.

Especially since Yar'Adua imposed the inexperienced but verbose Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the CBN Governor, for the purpose of Northernising the financial industry, and seizing all the banks from good Southern Ownership and handing them over to corrupt, inept and broke-Bottom Northern owners at the expense of Ordinary Nigerian Shareholders.

Like I said before, I'm from the Core North!

Love your wit bruv. It's a knock-out punch to this un-intelligent post.

@OP,
Why should power return to the North  by 2015 when they havehave already  empowered themselves with Boko Haram.

BTW, By 2015 if GEJ is not going for a another term then we have the  following in no particular order on the waiting list-Igbos, the Benues, the Edos, The Crossriverians and their Akwa Ibom cousins, the Igalas, plateaus, Rivers , the Aniochas and the deltans or even more. The North will have to wait so long if Jesus tarries, cheesy cheesy.
Oh, and I 'm not Ijaw, efik, Urhobo or Igbo. I am from the core North dammit!!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by zone77(m): 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2011
@1025
its not going 2 be easy

2015 2015 2015.
Hw many times did i call u.its going 2 be tough.north claiming power belongs 2 them,east gingering 2 rule,south west cuming out.GOD have mercy.its going 2 be do or die
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Blackeagle1: 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2011
Power should change hand,northern should know that Nigeria is made of many tribe.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
Black eagle:

Power should change hand,northern should know that Nigeria is made of many tribe.
It's insane.what if a free and fair election is held and the north wins,will you deny them ? The fact that nigeria has hundreds of ethnic group means democracy cannot successful work here,sometimes compromise will have to be reached.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Torch1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

lol you wanted biafra now you want to tell us how power has to be distributed? the ijaw are your cousins, enjoy gej he is your own as you say, 2015 goes to the north, please we want peace

of course, we needed Biafra but you guys didn't allowed becos of ur greediness, who is happy living with you pple, you only know how to kill Christians even ur neighbour(Middle beltans) are tired of you pple. You pple would have turn our democracy to Oligarchy if the Oil is located in the North. Am not even interested in ur sharing of power, i just pray for division.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Torch1(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

lol you wanted biafra now you want to tell us how power has to be distributed? the ijaw are your cousins, enjoy gej he is your own as you say, 2015 goes to the north, please we want peace

of course, we needed Biafra but you guys didn't allowed becos of ur greediness, who is happy living with you pple, you only know how to kill Christians even ur neighbour(Middle beltans) are tired of you pple. You pple would have turn our democracy to Oligarchy if the Oil is located in the North. Am not even interested in ur sharing of power, i just pray for division.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Why ? Are they not nigerians ?
i cannot vote BOKO HARAM
I'm too young to die
maybe after 50 years
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

i cannot vote BOKO HARAM
I'm too young to die
maybe after 50 years
You won't be saying this in a free and fair election if all northerners should vote for their own considering their large population than the south.don't underestimate the boko harams !
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by DonChimax(m): 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
Nigeria is never a one country let us go our different ways.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by UncleJJ(m): 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
Sai hakuri - 2015 is going to the north. No hope until the north complete its 12 yrs. GEJ, has proven that the south-politikos know nothing about politics and ruling this country. Every decision GEJ makes is a wrong move - which amplifies his inexperience as an administrator.

FYI - pops frm SS . mums frm SE . me grown up in NE ,  now making green in the SW!

Believe it or not , i know what am saying. The northerner are natural politicians and the igbos natural businessmen while the yoruba's are gifted in education.

If this country, must return to its lost glory - their must be division of labour. North should take presidency and major administrative position, east should control commerce and industralization while the west should control the education industry from the university to KG.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by BetaThings: 9:35pm On Nov 04, 2011
Don-Chimax:

Nigeria is never a one country let us go our different ways.
Do you want to rule this country or do you want to break it up?
GEJ got 26%(45%) of the votes cast in Katsina (Kaduna) at the last election
But Beaf and Co have been saying the North should forget the presidency for ever
Why should the North support people who would stab them in the back?

BTW, I know that SW and SE do not vote together
And as for people talking about true federalism
The South introduced unitary government and we have not got over it
The South also introduced the first attempt at ethnic cleasing
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by BetaThings: 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
realchange:

North had almost 40 years unbroken leadership of Nigeria. what do we have to show for it? we can even trace most of our current problems to their years in power, just name it; poor industrial base, zero investment in power generation, complete abandonment of agriculture, theft of public funds in billions of dollars, failed policing system, failed political structure, comatose banking system before Obj era, failed international image; just name it.
any nigerian that wants them back is plain daft.
Old things shall pass away
We are reckoning since 1999, democratic rule
13 years and we are still talking about removal of subsidy
When we a Southerner stop gas flaring if they care about pollution
Nigeria is facing severe stress now although the Southern rulers have been selling crude oil at prices that would make past Northern green with envy
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by badmus77(m): 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
Is not about the power going to North, South, East or even West, I don't think I actually do care about where the power is or the tribe in power, is not what we need now, let all these sick old leaders go and bury themselves, all they care about is the money, I don't just get it wit our leader, what does these old men using the money to do, PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, we are the leaders of tomorrow, what they should be doing is correcting our mistakes not making us suffer, my other point is, are we ready for changes?, how many of us is willing to compromise, sacrifice our time, effort, we can depend on these governs or president, we are just too hard working to let these people destroy our future, WE NEED NEW LEADERS WITH GOOD INTENTIONS TO DRIVE US, as long as we don't sell our votes, reason why they don't care
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by otokx(m): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
2015 is still far; let us concentrate on the now to chase away all those looters in government.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Ufeolorun(m): 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
BetaThings:

Do you want to rule this country or do you want to break it up?
GEJ got 26%(45%)  of the votes cast in Katsina (Kaduna) at the last election
But Beaf and Co have been saying the North should forget the presidency for ever
Why should the North support people who would stab them in the back?

BTW, I know that SW and SE do not vote together
And as for people talking about true federalism
  The South introduced unitary government and we have not got over it
  The South also introduced  the first attempt at ethnic cleasing

Sometimes I ask my self why those twittering northerners do not come here,to give some of this blabbing kindergartens lesson on  politic.
The man that's virtually left this country on auto-pilot is def. A hat wearing 'Northerner'.
I would take Yara dua over Jonathan any day,even with his terminal illness he was  still able to make  coherent,logical policy statement and even did sensible interviews.
Too many rich generals,corporate shills hence you will have to be really prepared to break up this country.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Macavelius(m): 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2011
there will be no break up
it doesn't matter which region gets the presidency so long the 'right person with an ounce of brain' is elected
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Ufeolorun(m): 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2011
Definitely going North cos Mr luck will not get a second term, the ACN guys in the west will be his biggest undoing.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ronkebp(f): 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
It can go to the north, as long as IBB, Atiku and dem click, are not involved, we do not want people with 'expired money and fame'' to come and rob us once more, it is time for our generation to come out and lead, our 'fathers' have totally failed, hope Jonathan has something good on his plate to offer in the lung-run.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by musiwa43: 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
let be honest with ourself, if the north had power with Umaru Yar adua, the east had power with Jonathan Goodluck. It is obvious to everybody that it is time for the west.

North --- Yar adua
East --- Jonathan Goodluck
West should have power.

But when you look at the satellite pictures. The north will never have power again in nigeria.

I have said remove edo,delta and Yorubas.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by sheyguy: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
Goodluck Ebele Ifeanyi Jonathan is already in power 4 those ibo among us clamoring for anoda ibo presidency come 2015, only God knows may be their next move will be a delta-ibo presidency come 2019 or 2023. u can argue that he is bayelsan but he has enough ibo in him as we all can see from his actions. Ibo pple? . . . same wisdom that got em' we they r today.
Lol
"Pls NLders", don't pounce on me oh!!! only typing out someones mind.

Ufeolorun:

Sometimes I ask my self why those twittering northerners do not come here,to give some of this blabbing kindergartens lesson on  politic.
The man that's virtually left this country on auto-pilot is def. A hat wearing 'Northerner'.
I would take Yara dua over Jonathan any day,even with his terminal illness he was  still able to make  coherent,logical policy statement and even did sensible interviews.
Too many rich generals,corporate shills hence you will have to be really prepared to break up this country.
GEJ and OBJ r northerners in a southerners' skin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kaduna, Warri Refineries Shut Down Over Pipeline Attack. / Ogun APC To Work For ADP Candidate Against Gov Amosun? / Buhari Appoints Officials For Persons With Disabilities Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.