Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,218 members, 7,780,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:44 PM

Networking - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Networking (1423 Views)

Free C++ Reliable UDP Networking Library / Networking Vb Applications / Java Programming Vs Networking: Which Is More Profitable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Networking by bambiw(m): 10:11am On Mar 07, 2006
How Can u connect 3 remote location in nigeria (Lagos, Ibadan, PH )?
Re: Networking by sbucareer(f): 11:57am On Mar 07, 2006

Use VSAT or a related satellite technology. If Nigeria has fibre Optic cable laid down across these locations it would be another good choice, normally Fibre Optic are provided by telecommunications i.e. Nigeria Telecom.

If the resource is there you sponsor or the company could ask NEPA to use there poles, and you can run 10000BaseLX and use repeaters for every 185m for attenuation. It could be better if Fibre Optic could be use but I am looking at the money issue that is why I recommend 10000BaseLX.  If you want to crap all this issue, then buy 1X3 VSAT for Lagos, Ibadan and PH and relay data from each other using satellite.
Re: Networking by aniralph(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2006
bambi how u dey? chat with me on ralphpolobyair on yahoo messanger. thanks

ralph
Re: Networking by Cactus(m): 3:53pm On Apr 26, 2006
its kind of difficult to give you suggestions because you did not include what the current status of the locations are regarding internet service currently in use, and what you would like to do. well if you already have internet access at the three locations, and you have your servers set up you can use a couple of options of which include

register for a DNS name forwarding service, which is free. www.dyndns.org

or use a VNC software

www.realvnc.com
Re: Networking by larryoncol(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2007
there's always one thing that matters when it lcome to networking, and that is bandwidth,

so it's either you have your dedicated connection or you are connecting thru a teleco, that is company that are willing to offer you bandwidth for money, hope you get the point, it all involves hardware and software,

routers importantly cannot make remote connections there are also different protocols involved in wide area networking, for example a dedicated T1 or E1 connection is going to cost you more money beacsue you will have more bandwidth to your disposal, this is also what we call PPP (point to point) in a router configuration, but if you can't affored so much money the n you could use frame relay or ISDN any one of this become cheaper because you plan on consuming less bandwidth.

larry

(1) (Reply)

Programmers drop your Bbm Pin / I Need Real Programmer Friends / Help On Android Internal Storage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.