Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Prophecy And Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Prophecy And Relationships (15987 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Domestic Violence And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophecy And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
amefi:

Our Lord's prayers- forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.

I was saying Noooooo as in do not like me!!   angry angry angry angry angry  I like it when you mad at me it makes me giddy inside.   wink
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2011
I know you religious church folks are going to be upset but sue me!   angry angry angry

EVEN YOUR PASTORS, BISHOPS, REVERENDS, CHURCH FATHERS, and POPES are not to be TRUSTED.

It is okay to ask responsible and trusted people for advices about your relationship and keep certain things private because everyone doesn't need to know everything about your relationship.   

I have stated several times that if your marital issues affects other people then that's when you consult outside help but if it is between spouses keep it within and seek the higher power however if you are not religious then there is nothing much can be done but GOOD LUCK.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by amefi(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I know you religious church folks are going to be upset but sue me!   angry angry angry

EVEN YOUR PASTORS, BISHOPS, REVERENDS, CHURCH FATHERS, and POPES are not to be TRUSTED.

It is okay to ask responsible and trusted people for advices about your relationship and keep certain things private because everyone doesn't need to know everything about your relationship.   

I have stated several times that if your marital issues affects other people then that's when you consult outside help but if it is between spouses keep it within and seek the higher power however if you are not religious then there is nothing much can be done but GOOD LUCK. 

You have made some salient points worthy of note. The Bible says he who keeps his lips keeps his life(Proverbs 13:3).
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Okijajuju1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
As a high priest:

The bible says

"He who finds a wife, finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the lord".

Emphasis on "FIND".

I am yet to see where the bible supports a prophet telling you who to marry, except I keep skipping that verse.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by naylove(m): 3:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
i believe that since Christ came and opened the access door to God, we can equally just ask God directly. nothing is permanent in life, coz people change over time. so me i no believe in prophets as per relationship matter. only the parties concerned can make it work.

the truth is a lot of us have become too trivial in our dealings both in marriage and with God.  guess this one na nother topic 4 another day.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by slimyem: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2011
amefi:

Do you know God can turn his life around and surpass your imaginations? 'My friend, if you dont put coins in a machine you cant get its jackpot'.
amefi:

Do you know God can turn his life around and surpass your imaginations? 'My friend, if you dont put coins in a machine you cant get its jackpot'.
how will i marry a man who's stubborn,stingy,and a pathetic liar hoping that God would turn his life around?
Bro,open your eyes and stop being unnnecessarily sentimental.
Don't feed me.i know what to eat and how to eat it.puhleeeees!
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by ronkebp(f): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2011
''My people die for lack of knowledge''. God Himself said that. It is wise to ''test all spirits'' (the Bible also said that). So if you hear something from '' a man of God'' and you do not test it, that person is going to be at a loss.

''Not everybody that calls me Lord! Lord! will enter into my Kingdom'' Christ Himself said that. That goes to show that there are serpents/ wolves in sheep skin even among the pastors. Some people have solely placed all their hopes and trust in men, all in the name of believing'' that the Lord says; when he has not said anything. And have forgotten that the Bible also says '' woe to anyone who puts his/her trust in man'

We need to open our eyes and minds, and seek the face of God concerning what concerns us, then there could be comfirmation which can come in different ways.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by amefi(m): 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
slimyem:

how will i marry a man who's stubborn,stingy,and a pathetic liar hoping that God would turn his life around?
Bro,open your eyes and stop being unnnecessarily sentimental.
Don't feed me.i know what to eat and how to eat it.puhleeeees!

I'm not being sentimental babe, i just wanted you know that things will never remain the same as they are now. I'm talking from experience tho. You may not understand. Almost all the babes that treated me like a pond scum in the past want to marry me now. Why then? Cus i had no job and seemed all hope was lost, but God turned things around for me (Psalm 126:1). Ask Mrs Chima, she will tell you the little she knows about me nw. I thank God for everything He has done for me.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by brainpulse: 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2011
What is all about see this prophet or that one?

Do you have to see a prophet before picking a job in oil company, that you av laboured for years to get?
Do you av to see a prophet to tell which food to eat and at what time?
Do you av to see a prophet to buy a car or not because cars kills people?

Fine seek for advice and pray to God in heaven wwith all of your heart but never depend on anybody's understanding even spiritual.
The first step of gettin the right person is to strive to be the right one.
Any prophet charging people for money to interprete dreams, see vision or revelation is doing so with demonic powers, because its only what God wants you to know you know, no man/ prohet has right to know everything.

Also the danger in going from one prophet to another is that they put fear in you and you become there puppet for along time and they add quality to your sorrows and problems.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by slimyem: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
amefi:

I'm not being sentimental babe, i just wanted you know that things will never remain the same as they are now. I'm talking from experience tho. You may not understand. Almost all the babes that treated me like a pond scum in the past want to marry me now. Why then? Cus i had no job and seemed all hope was lost, but God turned things around for me (Psalm 126:1). Ask Mrs Chima, she will tell you the little she knows about me nw. I thank God for everything He has done for me.
cant you read and comprehend.
I didnt leave because of anything material.he was quite okay.i left because he had certain traits that would be difficult to change esp. For a grown man and those traits were and still are traits i cant manage in a man talkless of living with them.
Stop poking irrelevant holes in my posts.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by amefi(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
To me and many others as well, stinginess is a sign of not having enough to satisfy oneself let alone others. Anyway, hw r u doin? Hope u hv got a better option nw. I wish u luck sis. 

slimyem:

cant you read and comprehend.
I didnt leave because of anything material.he was quite okay.i left because he had certain traits that would be difficult to change esp. For a grown man and those traits were and still are traits i cant manage in a man talkless of living with them.
Stop poking irrelevant holes in my posts.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Reggie2(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
Most posts on this trend tend to muddle up the very concept of prophesy. I believe, until I'm proved wrong, that prophets are those endowed to foretell the future and admonish evil without fear. They are not supposed to be match makers or guys recommending success/failure. For instance, if a prophet looks into the future and tells us that our national team will loose a match, this implies that independently of how good/bad they play, they will still loose. The logic here is not WHY, but the final score. If a prophet tells you that you will have a fruitful future with Agnes instead of Comfort, so it will be, whether you are righteous or not. Bottom line, it is not his business to change the obvious. However he can advice you to stay away from evil/sin if at the end of the tunnel he sees doom. In this case, he is telling you that you are the architect of your doom/fortune. We have thousands of sorcerers who are masquerading as pastors and prophets especially in Nigeria. Reason? There are millions of potential clients in what has turned out to be Church Business. Bible remains the most misinterpreted book in the whole; in Nigeria, it is a free for all, self service business, kinda preach as you understand, devoid of standard, save the catholic that has a magisterum for everyone under it. If you must look into the future for a spouse, then look into da future for success,failure,death,sickness etc. etc. That makes U fortune-teller dependent.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by pheesayor(m): 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
before my uncle got married in 1999, he was warned not to marry the woman that she will bear three children (which she has now) but will destabilize him, he refused and went ahead to marry her. Immediately after marriage he lost his job, the wife has become something else to the rest of the family. The whole family now avoids him because of his wife. He's still jobless but no one is ready to help him.
Prophecies are real!!!
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Finland(m): 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
Okija_juju:

As a high priest:

The bible says

"He who finds a wife, finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the lord".

Emphasis on "FIND".

I am yet to see where the bible supports a prophet telling you who to marry, except I keep skipping that verse.
Thumbs up to you my guy! Ignorance kills
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Finland(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
pheesayor:

before my uncle got married in 1999, he was warned not to marry the woman that she will bear three children (which she has now) but will destabilize him, he refused and went ahead to marry her. Immediately after marriage he lost his job, the wife has become something else to the rest of the family. The whole family now avoids him because of his wife. He's still jobless but no one is ready to help him.
Prophecies are real!!!
What is the assurance that it could not have happened to him with another lady? what of if your uncle is the faulty one?

1 Like

Re: Prophecy And Relationships by highland(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
Listen to God first.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by kabasa77(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2011
For God's sake,God gave you the free will to choose,and according to HIS word,you do the finding yourself and thats exercising your free will.You never got the chance to choose who will be your Father or mum,or siblings.Its only when it comes to marriage you got that right,and you leave it to one pastor to do that for you?. undecided

1 Like

Re: Prophecy And Relationships by ronkebp(f): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2011
kabasa77:

What kind of spirit are you testing? For God's sake,God gave you the free will to choose,and according to HIS word,you do the finding yourself and thats exercising your free will.You never got the chance to choose who will be your Father or mum,or siblings.Its only when it comes to marriage you got that right,and you leave it to one pastor to do that for you?. undecided

We are saying the same thing in different ways, some prophecies are real and some are not. If for example you get a prophecy that you are not sure of, that is when you pray about it and ask God to open your eyes and mind to understand. (that is the ''test'' am talking about).
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Reggie2(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
pheesayor:

Prophecies are real!!!

The prophesy does not imply that your uncle's wife is responsible for the state of things. The prophet, if he was real, simply foretold the future. It was your uncle's business to verify a number of things before marriage. He could as well have three children with any other woman if God had so decreed. As for his job, except the wife is a witch; the prophet shoulda been kind enough to warn him before hand. Your uncle should go sort himself out. Witch hunting will tie him further in bondage. Prophesy is real but,
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by kabasa77(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2011
highland:

Listen to God first.
 Listen to God and not your Pastor so that when it falls apart,you can blame yourself knowing She/He was your choice unlike Adam that Blamed God for giving him Eve
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Heck: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2011
I proposed to her
she accepted after a little shakara
6 months later, she told me that she consulted someone
For me, I married based on my convictions.
b/c of this prophecy talk, I have continued to attack her
that she didn't love me, that she married me b/c of her prophet
but we are happy sha. For fact, she is great all round
except she never goes wrong, never says sorry
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by HISchild: 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
There is no prophecy outside of the infallible word of GOD, the Holy Bible, since GOD completed It. For, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17

GOD says re: adding to HIS words: "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." - Rev 22:18

Trust only in The Lord JESUS CHRIST, GOD, and in HIS holy word: "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Heb 4:12

"Trust in man is useless"
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by FGcom: 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
‘The Dreamer project’ by Show Dem Camp, ‘The Invasion’ by P Square

‘According to Sax’ by Oj Sax, ‘ELi’ by Ice Prince, ‘Super Star’ by Wizkid

‘Super C Season’ by Naeto C, ‘Overground’ by Jahbless,

‘Instinct’ by Kwam 1, ‘Divine Shield’ by KSA, ‘Ta lo pa Jesu’ by Pasuma

A few of the Albums you can listen to in full for free at www.fusiongreen.com Full, Free, Fast and Flawless. Go Play.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by N101: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
I really don't know the warped kind of religion a lot of people practiced, it's almost like a veiled version of traditional practices cloaked in Christianity and Islam.

Ronkebp and Mrs Chima and others have said it all.  TEST the spirits to see if they are from God.  So you go to consult a so-called "prophet"/Alfa - why?  What are his credentials?  Is he/she a person of integrity?

Your first point should be to go directly to God who will guide you into all truth.  God does not make the choice for you, it is ultimately your own.  Along the way God will confirm it, if you watch and listen, you don't need a third party.

If the signs are obvious (slimyem I know where  you're coming from), that person clearly is not for you.  It's no use trying to force the issue or pretend otherwise whilst the person is giving you high blood pressure because some so-called prophet/Alfa said it is so you should tough it out.  You have direct access to God and he will communicate very clearly to you.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by kabasa77(m): 9:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
Heck:

she never goes wrong, never says sorry i hate women that doesn't apologise
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by moremi2008(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
Prophesies are real but you have to test the spirits and tread carefully. Here are a few examples in my own life (this isn't hear-say):

- My neighbour married a man despite the prophesy that he has a short lifespan. She ignored the prophesy because she was in her late thirties. The man died in a car accident on their only child's first birthday.

- My cousin was madly in love with a woman that every man of God that prayed with his parents spoke against. He decided to fast and pray over the weekend about the issue. On the third night, his girlfriend manifested herself physically in his room dressed like a mad woman and holding a huge knife. He called on Jesus and she fled. The girlfriend that had professed undying love for him just the week before never called him again after that weekend. It's like she just disappeared. My cousin is now happily married to another woman.

I can go on and on about prophesy and its role in my life and in the life of my family. Of course, for every genuine prophesy, there are 5 fakes. Be careful out there.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by ArQuAbOy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
Prophesy! Prophesy!! Prophesy!!!
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by demla: 7:13am On Nov 05, 2011
God stopped searching 4 man immediately (ADAM ) the first man recorded in the bible messed up.He said the woman u gave to me made me to sin against u.so ever since u have to search for urself. that is why the bible says "he who find a good wife obtain favour from the Lord". to be honest with ourselves we know some of the relationship we r into is not going to work but for reason(s) maybe personal ,financial etc we went into marriage 4getting dat the future and end matters in every union.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by Theblessed(f): 2:58am On Nov 07, 2011
[b][size=16pt]You see, I have nothing against any man/woman of God that claims to have the Anointing of Prophecy. 

However, I hold them responsible if what they prophesied did not happen - Deutronomy has given us the Authority to test them and it said, ''And if thou say in thine heart, how shall we know the word which the Lord had not spoken?  When a prophet speaketh in the Name of the Lord, if the thing follow not - - - thou shall not be afraid of him'' (Deuteronomy 18 v. 21 - 22 King James Version).

As you can see the Bible has shown you how to test a true man/prophet of God - use this tool to sieve off  the 'FAKES' among true men of God.

Personally, I have been a victim of these wolves in sheepskin and that was, when I was a Church goer not now I have given everything I have back to the maker and owner of my Soul.  Please, guys, read your Bibles everyday, and your eyes will open to the word of God and you'd be able to absorb true messages of God when spoken to you.

For all I understand about prophecy given to people I know, any prophecy our God has meant for you, will always come as a 'Package', there will be Healing, Deliverance and Abundance blessing in it - for our God does not do things in 'Halves'. HE IS A GOD OF COMPLETION AND THERE'S NOTHING HALF ABOUT HIM!!! 

Also, if  the prophecy is going to take long to manifest, God will make you aware of the time gap e.g. from today until June next year or in 10 years time - the prophet of God will inform you also. Gorit Therefore go home and watch, it will certainly be fulfilled.

But remember, God knows us too well - and knows that we are weak humans beings with very thin endurance threshold therefore, he would not unnecessarily delay the manifestation of his prophecy/blessings upon his children's lives - that I know!

For me, I don't know of any prophet I could rely on his Anointing power of prophecy - for accuracy at this time in our lives, other than Prophet T . B . Joshua - God bless him and the Ministry!

I can not wait to see the Anointing that is more powerful than his - I can't wait!!!!!  Get me right, there may be someone, some where out there but, he/she is yet, to show up.  The world is waiting!

On the other hand, if I'm still single would I consult a prophet for marriage?  No, I would rather pray and fast seriously about it every week, for at least 1 month however, if I happened to be in the Church on the day, and there is a prophecy for me about the issue then, I will hid to it completely because, I know it's not only a golden package coming, but it is a golden opportunity in my life for ever! grin grin

So guys, beware of false prophets, the Bible warns!
[/size][/b]
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by adaphik(f): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2011
Well, don't know what to say, but God will help us. I appreciate this thread a lot, cos rii now, I'm in d middle of this chaos. I have d opportunity to consult a prophet in my own case, but smhow, I've been deliberately withdrawing. Cos I just want tinzs to take its natural course. I'm avoiding being coerced into smth. However, I pray n fast when I can. As time goes on, if it becums inevitable that I visit my prophet, I would. But for now, God is in charge, Meanwhile, I want to remind us about 2chronicles 20:20 which says, "believe in d lord ur God, so shall yea be established n believe in his prophets, so shall yea prosper". The big question now is "how do we identify his prophets"?
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by delpee(f): 11:43am On Nov 07, 2011
adaphik:

Well, don't know what to say, but God will help us. I appreciate this thread a lot, cos rii now, I'm in d middle of this chaos. I have d opportunity to consult a prophet in my own case, but smhow, I've been deliberately withdrawing. Cos I just want tinzs to take its natural course. I'm avoiding being coerced into smth. However, I pray n fast when I can. As time goes on, if it becums inevitable that I visit my prophet, I would. But for now, God is in charge, Meanwhile, I want to remind us about 2chronicles 20:20 which says, "believe in d lord your God, so shall yea be established n believe in his prophets, so shall yea prosper". The big question now is "how do we identify his prophets"?

God leads us through the stormy seas (problems) with or without prophets. My personal experience is that He guides me to the right track once i concentrate my energy on prayers and have ABSOLUTE trust in Him. Sincerely i dont depend on prophets cos they are human like me and you and not infallible. When in doubt, God has has been faithful by pointing out the way to go or forcefully making things happen in accordance with His purpose for my life. Remember He never promised a problem free life, which is actually oftentimes a test of faith, He only promised to be there for us always as a tower of strength, our guide and deliverer. Psalms 23, 46, 71 etc.

Praise God ceaselessly for all he has done for you and ask for His guidance without insisting on a predetermined choice. Events will happen that will reveal the best option for you. In short, learn to listen with a plain mind. I pray that things work out well for you.
Re: Prophecy And Relationships by sunnshyn(f): 12:18am On Nov 10, 2011
I have lots of Pastors and Prophets around me cos my uncle is a politician and likes to seek God's face before anything,

I was actually adviced not to THINK of dating my current bf not to talk of marryin him. Stubborn girl dat I am, and mayb cos I dnt really trust dem, cos my uncle has lost many elections evn aftr consulting dem. Im presently wit my bf outside Nigeria, and all I can say is: Lord, tnk U, Im nt married to dis dude yet, is dis guy MEAN? Smh, As I speak, its 1.18am and he's not evn home, lol

Most times, I tink its ones believe dat matters! I listen now oh, but I try to seek different opinions,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience Today With A female Nairalander in a bus / Could This Be The Worst Stretch Mark On A Girls Bumbum / So Confused About My Relationship - My Boyfriend Beats Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.