Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. (3065 Views)

Breaking News: Hand Of God Appears In The Sky In The USA [see Photos] / Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA / Why Nigeria Is Underdeveloped. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by franklinjoseph(m): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2011
Everyday people tend to see something bad about our country Nigeria, but we fail to froget that Nigeria is a country and not human. People say that Nigeria is 51 years and we've not gone anywhere, but we fail to forget that 50 years is a very young age for a country. In my own point of view Nigeria is still a baby country. Just have a thought about how the USA would have looked in 1843, it would be far worse than Nigeria. America and other more developed are where they are because they have come of age. So my fellow Nigerians let's allow our country to grow and mature at it's time. It's just like comparing a 10 year old boy and a 40 year old man, there can actually be no comparism. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by adconline(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2011
Why using USA when you have not been to Ghana?

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by paniki(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
Many Asian countries like Malaysia who got independence around the same time as Nigeria were poorer than Nigeria. Look at them now

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by juman(m): 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
paniki:

Many Asian countries like Malaysia who got independence around the same time as Nigeria were poorer than Nigeria. Look at them now

True talk jare. grin

Let him ask IBB why those asian countries are better than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by bebe2(f): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
franklinjoseph:

Everyday people tend to see something bad about our country Nigeria, but we fail to froget that Nigeria is a country and not human. People say that Nigeria is 51 years and we've not gone anywhere, but we fail to forget that 50 years is a very young age for a country. In my own point of view Nigeria is still a baby country. Just have a thought about how the USA would have looked in 1843, it would be far worse than Nigeria. America and other more developed are where they are because they have come of age. So my fellow Nigerians let's allow our country to grow and mature at it's time. It's just like comparing a 10 year old boy and a 40 year old man, there can actually be no comparism. God bless Nigeria!

this is wat fustrates me about 9ja mentality,
nigeria is not 51 years old,
unless u want tell me nigeria was a big jungle 51 yrs ago, and it was cleared and building started 51 yrs ago.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by auwal87(m): 12:14am On Nov 05, 2011
You chose 1843 to compare? Well he is what it stands for USA.

Jan 2nd - Wagner's opera "Der Fliegende Holländer" premieres, Dresden
Jan 4th - Gaetano Donizetti's opera "Don Pasquale," premieres in Paris
Jan 4th - Royal Academy (Technical Hague court) Delft opens
Feb 2nd - US & British settlers in Oregon Country choose govt committee
Feb 6th - The first minstrel show in the United States The Virginia Minstrels opens (Bowery Amphitheatre in New York City).
Feb 11th - Opera "I Lombardi," premieres in Milan
Mar 3rd - Congress appropriates $30,000 "to test the practicability of establishing a system of electro-magnetic telegraphs" by the US
Mar 7th - 1st Catholic governor in US, Edward Kavanagh of Maine, takes office
Mar 14th - Boston conducts its 1st town meeting (Faneuil Hall)
Mar 21st - Preacher William Miller of Mass predicts the world will end today
May 4th - Great-Britain annexes Natal
May 18th - United Free Church of Scotland forms
May 22nd - 1st wagon train, 1000+ depart Independence Missouri for Oregon
Jun 1st - It snows in Buffalo & Rochester NY & Cleveland Ohio
Jun 1st - Sojourner Truth leaves NY to begin her career as antislavery activist
Jun 24th - Vincenzo Soliva decrees no Jew can live outside of ghetto in Italy
Jun 26th - Hong Kong proclaimed a British Crown Colony
Jul 2nd - An alligator falls from sky during a Charleston SC thunderstorm
Jul 5th - Committee of 9 appointed to establish civil govt in Oregon Country
Jul 12th - Mormon leader Joseph Smith say God OKs polygamy
Jul 19th - Brunel's steamship the SS Great Britain is launched, becoming the first ocean-going craft with an iron hull or screw propeller and also becoming the largest vessel afloat in the world.
Aug 8th - Natal (in South Africa) is made a British colony
Aug 15th - National black convention meets (Buffalo NY)
Aug 15th - Tivoli Park in Copenhagen opens
Aug 26th - Charles Thurber patents a typewriter
Aug 30th - 1st blacks participation in natl political convention (Liberty Party)
Aug 31st - Liberty Party nominates James Birneyas presidential candidate
Oct 1st - News of the World began publication in London.
Oct 13th - B'nai B'rith founded (NY)
Oct 14th - British arrest Irish nationalist Daniel O'Connell for conspiracy
Oct 16th - Sir William Rowan Hamilton comes up with the idea of quaternions, a non-commutative extension of complex numbers.
Oct 20th - 1st Chinese immigrant arrives in Suriname
Nov 13th - Mt Rainier in Washington State erupts
Nov 27th - Opera "Bohemian Girl" is produced (London)
Nov 28th - Ka Lahui: Hawaiian Independence Day - The Kingdom of Hawaii is officially recognized by the United Kingdom and France as an independent nation.
Dec 1st - 1st chartered mutual life insurance company opens
Dec 4th - Manila paper (made from sails, canvas & rope) patented, Mass
Dec 4th - Robert Schumann's "Das Paradies und die Peri," premieres in Leipzig
Dec 6th - Amsterdam-Utrecht railway opens
Dec 13th - "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens published, 6,000 copies sold
Dec 19th - Charles Dickens publishes "A Christmas Carol," in England
Dec 25th - 1st theatre matinee (Olympic Theatre, NYC)

It doesn't look like there is any "backwardness" at that time.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 05, 2011
I am sorry to say, but Nigeria is the biggest disappointment of the 21st century.

Reminds me of children living in a house with plentiful supplies of food and yet starving to death.

One day things will improve, then and only then we shall return !

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by ektbear: 12:59am On Nov 05, 2011
USA in 1843 was probably better off than Nigeria today (unless you are a black slave in the south.)

Probably higher GDP/capita, higher life expectancy, etc, etc.

I'm sure someone can look up the #s and let us know.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by cap28: 3:30am On Nov 05, 2011
nigeria is a conquered nation and a product of white colonialists - america is an empire which fought and won its independence from its former colonial masters - america has built its wealth on stolen labour and the plundering of other nations - nigeria was and continues to be plundered and ra.ped by europeans and americans as well as nigerian collaborators.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by ektbear: 3:43am On Nov 05, 2011
^-- A lot of truth to this, I guess.

Still, better to be the guy doing the plundering and r.aping rather the guy being plundered and r.aped, right?

Hrm. I'm wondering if malaria and some of these other tropical ailments actually protected West Africans from suffering the same fate Native Americans did.

If it weren't for some of these tropical diseases (and our immunity to different European illnesses, which the NAs didn't have), it is quite possible we could have suffered the same fate as they did, no?

If so, God bless malaria grin
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by ektbear: 3:50am On Nov 05, 2011
South Africa (which they moved to en masse) doesn't have quite as many of these diseases that causes the white man to die like a fly, right?
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by paniki(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2011
^^^^ One of the highest Aids and TB rates in the world. Should I name others? But I get your point, white man seems to be immune
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by ektbear: 8:03am On Nov 05, 2011
AIDs did not exist in the 1700s, 1800s and early 1900s when whitey start moving to South Africa.

And it isn't as if white in SA are having unprotected sex in large #s with black folk. Or with black folk in any country in large #s, for that matter.

Interracial sex is still relatively taboo, in a sense.
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by paniki(m): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2011
I can also say tha malaria didn't exist in 1700s and 1800s until whites arrived there and called it ''malaria''
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by ektbear: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2011
Wtf?

You do realize that HIV/AIDs is recent, right? And that malaria is old?
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by paniki(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2011
Just becaus whites discovered Nigerian oil in the 50s doesn't mean it was not there in the 1700s and 1800s. Aids same with malaria is white mans discovery even though it has always existed.
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by EcoNews: 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
franklinjoseph:
Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by Validated: 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
franklinjoseph:

Op, so Benin city is only 36 years old because IBB created Delta and Edo state the. Stop being unintelligent please. The entity called Nigeria was established officially in 1914, so Nigeria is 109 years old.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nigeria Is Better Than The Usa. by Ofodirinwa: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
franklinjoseph:

Bro shut up in 1843 the US was the second biggest economy in the world

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Twitter Reacts To Obanikoro’s Funky Campaignslogan “#korobucci” / Oba Of Lagos Issues Apologetic Letter To Ndigbo Of Lagos / 27 Things That Has Happened In Nigeria Since Buhari Became President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.