Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

How Sacred Is Your Kitchen - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Sacred Is Your Kitchen (4786 Views)

Poll: See Question In The Original Post. . .

Women - Of course, I wouldn't mind a helping hand in the kitchen: 26% (15 votes)
Women - Lai lai! You can't trust these house-helps: 10% (6 votes)
Men - I don't mind, as long as she's neat, sexy and a good cook: 37% (21 votes)
Men - Only my wife MUST do the cooking: 25% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / Things You Can't Do Without In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by MissyB3(f): 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
Women - Would you employ a cook in your home or allow your house-help do the cooking?
Men - Would you be comfortable having the house-help constantly do the cooking?

If your response is negative, please, give reasons. Plus, use the poll.  wink
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Freiburger(m): 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2011
i don't need a house-help, i will prefere my wife doing the cooking while i sometimes give her a helping hand when needed.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Leysco(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2011
I don't like househelps. My wife should cook. I could assist.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Outstrip(f): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
My husband and I do the cooking. I have never had anyone come in to cook but I have paid someone to cook intheir home and deliver it. I don't care really. The only thing I cannot stand is people who come to my house and expect to get fed or ask "wetin you cook" or some nonsense like that. My advice is eat in your house before you come. Mannerless people
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by daywatcher: 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2011
I don't mind doing the chopping, dishes, clearing up, and tasting, but I will not cook
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by MissyB3(f): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2011
Freiburger:

i don't need a house-help, i will prefere my wife doing the cooking while i sometimes give her a helping hand when needed.
Not a bad idea. Does this also apply to the days there will be a football match and/or the days you both get back from work late, and are very tired?

daywatcher:

I don't mind doing the chopping, dishes, clearing up, and tasting, but I will not cook
This is to say, you have no problem with your house-help constantly doing the cooking?
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by badmus77(m): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
There r good reasons for employing house help, If my wife can't cook the sort of meals I love, well, house help is allowed or about if I marry one hard working lady n always home btw 8-9pm, I dnt think is a good idea to wait for her to come bk to do the cooking, as for us men, we need to learn how to cook as well, women love their kitchen n always happy to cook their men meals, all they needed from us is a lil bit of help.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by r231(m): 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
well at the moment we do the cooking ourselves

but I am thinking of employing Missy B grin grin grin grin
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by MissyB3(f): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2011
Outstrip:

My husband and I do the cooking. I have never had anyone come in to cook but I have paid someone to cook intheir home and deliver it. I don't care really. The only thing I cannot stand is people who come to my house and expect to get fed or ask "wetin you cook" or some nonsense like that. My advice is eat in your house before you come. Mannerless people
Oh yeah? You must have known the person for a long time and very well. I'm very wary of who goes into my kitchen, but there's a greater chance that I'll let you into my kitchen than have you cook in your home, in my absence, and deliver it.

Lol @ ''Wettin you cook?'' It's usually close friends and relatives that do this, so I really do not have a problem with it.

1 Like

Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Freiburger(m): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Not a bad idea. Does this also apply to the days there will be a football match and/or the days you both get back from work late, and are very tired?
I will invite the family for a dinner if my favourite wins. cheesy cheesy. Should the opposite happens na ihn be say, everybody go eat wetin dem see 4 table na.
When both of us comes back from work late and tired, that should be the best time of doing the cooking together. flexibility plays a role here.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by MissyB3(f): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2011
r231:

well at the moment we do the cooking ourselves

but I am thinking of employing Missy B grin grin grin grin
Money for hand, food for fire.  grin

badmus77:

There r good reasons for employing house help, If my wife can't cook the sort of meals I love, well, house help is allowed or about if I marry one hard working lady n always home btw 8-9pm, I dnt think is a good idea to wait for her to come bk to do the cooking, as for us men, we need to learn how to cook as well, women love their kitchen n always happy to cook their men meals, all they needed from us is a lil bit of help.
Gbam!!!

Freiburger:

I will invite the family for a dinner if my favourite wins. cheesy cheesy. Should the opposite happens na ihn be say, everybody go eat wetin dem see 4 table na.
When both of us comes back from work late and tired, that should be the best time of doing the cooking together. flexibility plays a role here.
Cool
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by badmus77(m): 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

This is to say, you have no problem with your house-help constantly doing the cooking?
, I am really sorry to disappoint you, when Man Utd is playing, I can't be in the kitchen, I could compromise if u can buy another TVn there but doesn't mean I will focus, errmm I dnt fink I will be happy if I chop off my finger, listen, men r rubbish, we can't multi-task, maybe u shld jst join ur man during football game, lol
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Konnektions146(m): 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2011
my wife should cook, though i can be very good with it, but instead a house - help, i do it myself.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by MissyB3(f): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
badmus77:

, I am really sorry to disappoint you, when Man Utd is playing, I can't be in the kitchen, I could compromise if u can buy another TVn there but doesn't mean I will focus, errmm I dnt fink I will be happy if I chop off my finger, listen, men r rubbish, we can't multi-task, maybe u shld jst join your man during football game, lol
While you watch football, she, too, could watch a Nollywood movie, and allow the house-help do the cooking. It shouldn't be a problem, as you do not mind who does the cooking.  wink

Konnektions146:

my wife should cook, though i can be very good with it, but instead a house - help, i do it myself.
A house-help is a No because?
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Outstrip(f): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Oh yeah? You must have known the person for a long time and very well. I'm very wary of who goes into my kitchen, but there's a greater chance that I'll let you into my kitchen than have you cook in your home, in my absence, and deliver it.

Lol @ ''Wettin you cook?'' It's usually close friends and relatives that do this, so I really do not have a problem with it.

Nope. Why should I. I used references. She is a caterer. She provided a service and I paid her for it. Doesn't taste as good as mine probably because she is from Ghana and they cook certain things a little different. Sometimes though you want to try something different. I really don't mind.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by MissyB3(f): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2011
Outstrip:

Nope. Why should I. I used references. She is a caterer. She provided a service and I paid her for it. Doesn't taste as good as mine probably because she is from Ghana and they cook certain things a little different. Sometimes though you want to try something different. I really don't mind.
True!
Come to think of it, The fast food I eat aren't prepared in my presence. tongue
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by mxxpunkxx: 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2011
i dont mind a househelp, like my vote, as long as she's neat, sexy n a good cook
i would never stoop so low to compare my wife to our househelp (morality issues)
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by ChrisChino(m): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
if we have foodstuf in d house, i will cook. but i wont be the one going about d market wit d basket and list of things to buy like fish, meat etc
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Wislet(f): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
mxxpunkxx:

i dont mind a househelp, like my vote, as long as she's neat, sexy n a good cook
i would never stoop so low to compare my wife to our househelp (morality issues)
househelp, sexy? Morality? Lol
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by yme1(f): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2011
House help for what?  undecided
I love cooking altho sometimes if it gets too much it's exhausting
I am really not the kinda chic that is totally comfortable with a stranger going into my kitchen and preparing the meal
And also can't stand my husband licking those sexy lips on a food that I wished I had gone to the kitchen to prepare angry
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by mxxpunkxx: 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
Wislet:

househelp - can be tolerated

sexy - imagine an ugly looking calabar maid with triple tribal marks and stretch marks all over serving your meal with witlow-ed fingers

morality - no matter how sexy, n how sweeter her meals might be (could be tastier than my wife's), will still not look at where i aint suppose to be looking
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
Will prefer to help my wife than allow a househelp in. But go to the market??Nah,please
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Okijajuju1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
@ OP

My fiancee and I both work.

I see both of us keeping our jobs even after we get married, and we have discussed things at lenght.

MY WIFE MUST COOK ALL SOUPS & STEWS/SAUCE. I used caps for empahsis.

The cook can handle those meals that dont have fridge life like yams, beans, pancakes and stuff like that.

I can cook so I will also help out when necessary.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by OneLuvNja(f): 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
badmus77:

I see my Naija guys r becoming broadminded, way to go. Really I would love to be the one cooking for my hubby always, but like badmus77 said, if I'm working during the day and coming back late I'll probably b very exhausted to cook (unless I hooked the fridge/freezer up with some good meals during the weekend. But then some guys want food that was cooked today today, long story sha).

Anyway as for househelp, question is, is it a MALE househelp or FEMALE househelp? Too many girls these days r something else, forever resorting to anything to become the madam of the house. Maybe I watch too many Nollywood movies, but seriously, for me it's either houseboy, elderly lady that keeps house, or professional MALE cook, or just me and my hubby (he'll probably want to help if I'm too tired to cook, because he loves me, abi? guys take a hint, what a girl wants wink  )
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Roland17(m): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2011
Wislet:

I am waiting for ur response wislet,
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by SmartCount(m): 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2011
I would do my cooking myself. Thats very important!
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by tlops(m): 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
I'm quite a good cook, so my expertise can be useful to my wife.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by kabukabu50(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2011
Unless one of the spouses is physically disabled,there is absolutely no need for a *househelp*. cool
If the wife can't do it all surely the husband can do the rest, most households have less then 6 people total, no reason why anyone should need a househelp in 2011,unless they own a mansion grin grin

Stop being lazy.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by ronkebp(f): 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
House help ke? in my kitchen nope!!!!, i can't imagine my hubby eating the food she cooked and saying, OMG!!!! this is delicious!!! that statement is only meant for me alone. wink wink wink wink wink

I really like cooking for my hubby and family, Though cooking is not my hubby, but wetin i go do now? i gat to.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by manny4life(m): 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
Well since me I'm not married, I cook in my kitchen although I stop by at my mom's home and pick up meals once in a while, As for you guys who say" oh no, I'm not going to the market", well I guess it's baby steps. As for me, I do what is called "grocery shopping". Now yall go on and laugh at me, I'm just saying the truth thank God for Safeway and Giant---One-stop shop. Men who cook for themselves don't have to depend on their wives for meals---like I learned from mom, I prepare a decent healthy meal in 15mins or less.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
Cooking is my therapy, I can definitely get a help but I will still do majority of my own cooking.
Re: How Sacred Is Your Kitchen by ArQuAbOy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
Dont need any help wit cooking cos even if my wife is stressed out, i can do d cooking

(1) (2) (Reply)

Price Of Sallah Rams Double Due To Boko Haram Unrest / Are You Intends To Start Viable Poultry Biz? Get FREE Practical Training Here... / Where Can I Get Lactose Free Milk And Milk Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.