Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? (2947 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / Nira Releases 50,000 Free .ng Domains For Nigerians / All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by auwal87(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2011
Recently, most of the .ng domain names are not working, I have some of them, but they are not working even though expiry date is 10 months ahead. I contacted my registrar several times but no response. I am now giving up the use of the domain. I use web4africa.net and upperlink as my registrars.

What is your experience of using the .ng domains? Do you have any problem? Are you currently facing any problem? What about your registrar?
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by Seton(m): 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
Just have to checked the .gov.ng for a client and i discovered its up. though my registrar is websoft. What i think you have to do is to get across to yours registrar or maybe your host you never can tell.
Or could google GBNO be responsible, 'cos all prospective clients/websites are to use the same registrar, which incidentally happen to be one of registrars
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by rojad(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2011
Yes, I noticed it too. I thought that I am the only one
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by auwal87(m): 2:01am On Nov 06, 2011
Seton:

Just have to checked the .gov.ng for a client and i discovered its up. though my registrar is websoft. What i think you have to do is to get across to yours registrar or maybe your host you never can tell.
Or could google GBNO be responsible, 'cos all prospective clients/websites are to use the same registrar, which incidentally happen to be one of registrars

The registrars are not responding. I can't contact my host when my domain is not even showing information on Whois.
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by yommysomguy(m): 8:04am On Nov 08, 2011
Your registra has gone rogue
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:42am On Nov 29, 2011
Ehhn na so
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by fyneguy: 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2011
Your problem will be over, in a jiffy. .ng will soon be hosted locally by a data center, watch this space
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2011
fyneguy:

Your problem will be over, in a jiffy. .ng will soon be hosted locally by a data center, watch this space

this must be season 4 grin
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by Oletunow(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2011
fyneguy:

With incessant power supply issue and poor internet backbone connection, the prospect of hosting the .ng top level domain locally in Nigeria would be a nightmare,

I can host it for a far cheaper amount in distributed servers across the America & UK with super high internet bandwidth and 99.99999 availability for fraction of the cost of hosting it in Nigeria.
Re: What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? by agconcepts: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
Hi, I really can't help here as much as I would have love to. But you can try your in a while tanx

(1) (Reply)

Get 50% On Our Shared & WordPress Hosting with Free .com.ng Domain / Mini Importation Training Live On Nairaland (free) / Converted Wordpress Theme To Blogger Template Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.