Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,402 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? (22164 Views)

Poll: which amongst these five is worst performing?

uduaghan - delta: 27% (30 votes)
t a orji - abia: 37% (40 votes)
gabriel suswam - benue: 7% (8 votes)
timipre sylva - bayelsa: 16% (18 votes)
murtala nyako - adamawa: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

List Of Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since May 29 Inauguration - CGPI / Worst Performing Governors According To CGPI October Report / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Joey82(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2011
I've been travelling round Naija these few days and as per my opinion I think the worst performing Governors in terms of human and infrastructural development is:

Gabriel Suswam - Benue
Murtala Nyako - Adamawa
Babangida Aliyu - Niger

I choose governors in their 2nd term of office because it may be too early in the day to judge the ones who are just coming in.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by djustice: 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2011
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, his administrative secretary, Babatunde Raji Fashola and his chief religious consultant and thug, Raufu Aregbeshola
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
Thodoore Orji, Rauf Aregbesola and Emmanuel Uduaghan.

These trio are lucky that Alao Akala is no longer a governor. If not he would have beaten them to the prize.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Joey82(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
Uduaghan is sure amongst the worst but theodore orji? well i've not been to his part of country for sometime now.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Chyz2: 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2011
Joey82:

Uduaghan is sure amongst the worst but theodore orji? well i've not been to his part of country for sometime now.

I have. It is disgusting. You would not beleive the Abia is an Igbo place. angry
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Akanbiedu(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2011
If not for mischief and herds mentality, Rauf, a year old governor, should not be mentioned here.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

If not for mischief and herds mentality, Rauf, a year old governor, should not be mentioned here.

Yet, you guys were the same people that were calling for GEJ's head when he had only been there for a few months.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Bandswagon, my dear. For those who are too weak-minded to drive themselves.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by peckhamboi: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2011
Rauf Aregbesola is easily in the top 5 performing governors today. He is the best thing to happen to Osun for a long time.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
peckhamboi:

Rauf Aregbesola is easily in the top 5 performing governors today. He is the best thing to happen to Osun for a long time.

Then Osun must be a cave(no offense).
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by ektbear: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
Osun State is at <55% recurrent. Too high, but I suspect lower than what he met when he came in.

There is no way on earth he can be amongst the top 3 worst governors in Nigeria. I am sure that if I look well I can find at least 3 states with worse fiscal management than that.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Akanbiedu(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
Why do you guys always bring GEJ into every discussion, even those that have nothing to do with him?

Are you feeling ashamed that GEJ is such an slowpoke? Is it inferiority complex on his behalf? So all the noise about Rauf is because of that retard?
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Akanbiedu(m): 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
Never knew i-m-becile, r-eitard and slowpoke meant the same thing. Smh
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by SamMilla1(m): 5:35am On Nov 05, 2011
peter obi is the worst.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 5:38am On Nov 05, 2011
^^
I don't think he is the worst after all Anambra is among the most buoyant states in Nigeria. He has not acquired debts for us too. But he is a very vindictive man. A great governor should not keep political grudges. He punishes Nnewi town because Ngige beat him there during the last election. That is sad.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by heynew: 6:38am On Nov 05, 2011
1st- t.a orji
2nd- t.a orji
3rd- uduaghan
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by ebere1712: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2011
heynew:

1st- t.a orji
2nd- t.a orji
3rd- uduaghan
LOL this man must be a very distinguished looser to be mentioned twice as a looser governor. Abians should grow a pair and kick his ass undecided
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Dankamaru(m): 9:42am On Nov 05, 2011
Gov. Sylva of Bayelsa
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by fijiano202(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2011
Fax
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by blayz0923: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2011
to me, DAT witchcraft of a doctor AKA uduaghan should top this list. that man is busy embezzling d state funds wit nothing to show for governance.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by blayz0923: 9:48am On Nov 05, 2011
uduaghan
t. a orji
silva
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by 9icelag: 9:57am On Nov 05, 2011
djustice:

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, his administrative secretary, Babatunde Raji Fashola and his chief religious consultant and thug, Raufu Aregbeshola
Dont tink u know wat u saying. grin grin grin grin grin y not 4 once shut up if u dont know wat to say abeg move on
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by zinosleek(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2011
uduaghan,sylva and uduaghan again
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by hooged: 10:00am On Nov 05, 2011
afam4eva:

Then Osun must be a cave(no offense).
what a Dump reply , Kindly come to osun and see what ogbeni is doing , haters go and hug transformer ,   Mtcheeeew
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by awesomet1(m): 10:02am On Nov 05, 2011
Delta - Uduaghan
Adamawa-Nyako
Benue - Suswan
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Nyntynplus: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2011
Namadi Sambo= kaduna
Babangida Aliyu =Niger
Nyako= Adamawa
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Oziada: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2011
The worst performing 3 governors are as follows;
1. idris - kogi
2. uduaghan- delta
3. suswan - benue
these states have not had any benefit of demoncracy. Lokoja is like a durgeon.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Torch1(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2011
hooged:

what a Dump reply , Kindly come to osun and see what ogbeni is doing , haters go and hug transformer ,   Mtcheeeew
lol, Osun Defender! Pls what has he done? I only know about O'yes members(graduates cutting grasses, cleaning gutter, etc, ) though i think he is better than the past governor but he hasn't done a lot to be praised.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Gbawe: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2011
hooged:

what a Dump reply , Kindly come to osun and see what ogbeni is doing , haters go and hug transformer ,    Mtcheeeew

My brother, as Akanbi-Edu has mentioned already, some people only speak because of herd mentality. Nothing more tragic, in the internet information age, than those who base their utterances on clearly fabricated second hand information they have gotten from others.

Two of the biggest headache facing Nigerian Governors are employment and diversification of economic activities to boost income for capital/developmental spending thus freeing Governors from indolent 'begging bowl' leadership. I leave others to investigate what Aregbesola has done towards both issues (OYES, OREAP, OTOURs et al) to the extent he is now well respected, celebrated and supported internationally. Those who are objective will know that , without doubt, Aregbesola is one of the best Governors in Nigeria. I rate him higher than all Nigerian Governors , including Fashola, in respect of the provision of specific , innovative and tailor-made solutions for the problems facing his State. This is why World bank experts are keen to support OYES and Netherland is offering technical and financial support for OREAP while most Nigerian Governors have no such support or patronage.Like or hate Aregbesola, you cannot deny that he is making Osun , to Nigeria, what Ghana is to West Africa. The man certainly does not belong on any silly list as one of our worst Governors.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/world-bank-endorses-osun-youth-empowerment-model/

Osun State government efforts on youths empowerment have received a boost, as the state is to benefit from the N50 billion World Bank/ Federal Government youth empowerment fund.

In his assessment, Yasser El-Gammal observed that the scheme has the potential to be the best in Africa.

Below an Osun resident speaks on Aregbesola. I don't know why those not from Osun will disregard the utterances below, from an Osun resident, yet enthusiastically swallow lies about "Aregbesola wants to build railways to embezzle".

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=22004

Critics Of Aregbesola’s One Year Anniversary Are Wrong

Omoluabi Governor Rauf AregbesolaOn November  27, the  administration of Governor Rauf Aregbesola will clock a year. That day marks the day the people of Osun State were liberated from the yolks of the oppressors that governed the state for seven and half years.

Though some people, particularly members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have been condemning the government of Aregbesola for reason best known to them, but to me, the first anniversary of the governor is far-far better than the seven and years of ousted governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

[b]Let’s take for instance, the dredging of streams and rivals in some communities in the state with the view of controlling floods in the state.
We know what we witness in the state in 2010, when flood wrecked havoc on the people of the state and destroyed properties worth millions of naira.

Aregbesola has saved many houses from sinking into the flood, as all the streams and rivers that posed threats to the communities have properly channelised.

Osun State has also worn a new look with the O’CLEAN programme of Aregbesola aimed at cleaning the state and restore it dignity. Yesterday government never thought of such programmes, but rather, humiliated victims of the flood with Oyinlola’s expensive jokes.

OYES, O’REAP, reduction in tuition fees of all the state owned tertiary institutions including Osun State University are projects that Oyinlola never dreamed of while siphoning the state funds.

I must commend the governor for his transformational programmes and his effort to develop the state regardless of what the people might say on his government.
[/b]
To me, the critics of Aregbesola’s government are slowpoke and saboteurs. They know the truth but they will not say it. These set of people are born killers, destroyers and ingrates.

The governor should please, leave the critics and face governance. The critics are detractors that want to frustrate his administration, but we the people that install Aregbesola are behind him.

It is matter of months, before these people realize that they truly wasted seven and half years.

•Egbeleke Wale, Asipa, Osun State.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by angelo234: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2011
THEODEORE ORJI, IS THE MOST AND WORST GOVERNOR IN SOUTHEASTERN GEOPOLITICAL ZONE OF NIGERIA.IS THERE NO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DEVELOPMENT INVESTIGATORS IN NIGERIA BEAURI HOUSE TO BOTH STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT LEVEL.IS THE NO EFCC FOR ECONOMIC AND FUND CRIME COMMISSION TO INVESTIGATE AND TAKE CONSOLIDATED MEASURE TO THE POLITICAL ECONOMIC PARASITE IN THOSE STATE EXPERIENCING ECONOMIC DOWN FALL IN THEIR STATE BY THE GOVERNOR IN ENCUMBENT POWER OF POLITICS.BY JONATHAN.C 0789177888
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Izusco: 11:14am On Nov 05, 2011
T.A ORJI takes the 1st position here,Aba is a living testimoney of his useless government.
Re: The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? by olaezebala: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2011
Normally I don't like posting on nairaland but when I see posts about Osun State, I can't help but reply.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, please don't just stay in Lagos and judge Osun state development based on Osun Defender. This is a newspaper used by Aregbe against Oyin then, so I wounder what you expect from such paper. Osun is moving so fast that all the state owned tertiary institutions (except Uniosun) had been on strike for the past 3months and what's the Gov's reply? "Workers always strike. Its nothing new." workers salaries are always delayed for more than a month. The september salary was paid two days ago contrary to his wide spread newspaper claim. Only God knows when october will be paid. All of you commending his initiative with O' yes, I pray that you'll all have a family with degree that'll cut bushes, clear gutter every day of the month for #10,000 salary. Speak against him and disappear, that's the new order in the state. Am not a fan of PDP neither will I allow a Nigerian politician to claim Holy pass for me. Diverting Osun state funds to the new state capital in Lagos. Having imported Osun state INDIGEN from lagos as commissioners that has not been it the state since its creation. If you're not in osun state and partake in the current hardship faced by us, please don't comment or else, your life will experience the same progress you claimed that osun state is having. Out of here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Politicians Fell Victims To Shadowy Mexican Oil Syndicate / Soldiers, Police, Amotekun Hunt Bandits Over Killing Of Ondo Farmer’s Children / FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.