Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Is It Right To Date A Married Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Date A Married Man? (6101 Views)

Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / Why Do British Girls Love To Date Black Guys... / I Am In Love With A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by bondxie(f): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2007
its easier said than done, i only pray that we all dont find ourself in a messy wedlock,
then probably we will knw if it si ok, to get involve outside wedlock because spliting up most times will
not necessarily being that easy to achieve but can best be achieve by other mean like the issue
we re discussin now,
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by katchy(f): 12:33am On Sep 19, 2007

The normal thing is that dating a married man is dead wrong, that is the ideal situation, but in reality, anything can happen say wat say wat. Some men are not happy in their marriages and seek company else were, some young women are not happy with been with single guys and some of their hassles and seek happiness in a no strings attached relationship. When i was younger i used to judge people who date married men, but now am older am not in support of it totally but i know that it can happen and some people are happier in such relationships than wen they are with in the proper songle-single rlship or married rlships.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by sillyboy(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2007
@ Katchy

God bless u sis. It's quite wrong morally and spiritually but it's a kind of feeling that just hit one like a whirlwind and one find it quite hard to deal with. It could happen to anyone.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2007
Pleez people it's wrong o. Let's not excuse the inexcusable.
Cocaine may make u feel good and numb your pains temporarily but it will still kill you in the long run.
same applies here.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by sillyboy(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2007
Pleez people it's wrong o. Let's not excuse the inexcusable.
Cocaine may make u feel good and numb your pains temporarily but it will still kill you in the long run.
same applies here.

That's not a straight comparison dear. cocaine and matter of the heart is definately parrallel
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2007
However u want to see it, both are to make u feel goodwhich make them to eventually be irresistible.
both try to fill a void,a need. I do maintain my stand that they are indeed comparable in these regards.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by lateefah79: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2007
hmn, ,una well done.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by sillyboy(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2007
However u want to see it, both are to make u feel goodwhich make them to eventually be irresistible.
both try to fill a void,a need. I do maintain my stand that they are indeed comparable in these regards.

Love gives you a kind of joy that goes deep down ur soul not like drugs will do baby
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by 2dye4(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2007
@ silly: ur percepion of wht love is quite disturbing atimes, u call finding solace in the arms of other pple outside ur marriage love ? pls think again
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by sillyboy(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2007
@ 2dye4

Pal, believe me, anyone could fall in love with anyone at anytime
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by sylvao2000(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2007
@poster ;;; See them  girls no one agree to date a married man when all the ladies in the house are into it, ladies with lie lie why not just come out and let the devil be ashame.

when we no what you do everyday, even the poster self na professor of dating married men if na lie talk make we here  grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by 2dye4(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2007
@silly:there,s a difference between emotions runnin wild and actually finding love wit someone, but pls fel free tohold on to ur ideology. wink
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by bondxie(f): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2007
I bet this life is not 2+2=4, most housemate were condeming this act,
but in reality,it is much more than what we re sayin here.Probably in sm ages past in
this our obodo country,getting married to someone that is up to someone,s parent is
clsoe to a taboo,people see some many negative reason on it,but i guess nowadays,the tides is changing,
so i will stil say this prayer that we all shld find happiness in our wedlock.Amen
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by liftedone(f): 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2007
I am a christian woman, have been for almost 20 years as I gave my life to Christ at a young age and this is my story.

I once dated a married man contrary to my christian knowledge and beliefs and my stance against it even at that point in my life. I would say I fell hard into this grave temptation that is very real and common in our society even among the christian folk. And it was the biggest mistake I made in my life because it altered the course of my life completely and I did things with him which I had never done in any other relationship and worse of all I had an abortion for him, the one and only I ever had. The relationship eventually broke up acrimoniously and I got married. Unfortunately, my own marriage broke up when my husband met and married this younger girl unknown to me and I got to find out in a terrible way and he chose to be with this younger girl. I can tell you the pain that this caused me is indescribable. It was my faith that held me together. And being single now I vowed I would never be with a married man because I have been on the giving side and on the receiving side. Ironically, a married man came into my life just then and if not for the lessons I had learned I would have found myself repeating history. What I am saying is that it ain't worth it. There is a law of sowing and reaping and we can never run away from it. I have a friend who dated married men when we were single and has had the unfortunate incident of her husband dating other girls. The trauma she went through was much. And she had probably forgotten what she did as a young woman because she is now on the other side of the divide.

What am I saying? It's never harmless to date a married man, no matter the reason for it or the excuses we may have. I know we are all prone to temptation and it's easier to avoid the temptation than to come out of it after falling. There is a lure that married men present to single women that they don't just know how to resist. My advice: DON'T DO IT. YOU COULD BE THE WOMAN AT THE RECEIVING END. Sisters, let's be our SISTERS' keepers. In a nutshell,  I believe IT IS MORALLY WRONG and causes a lot of pain for all the parties involved(except the men, perhaps?).

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2007
Oh my! I'm really sorry about it all. Thanks for that. So many of us need to hear it again and again and again.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by laudate: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2007
Dating a married man is like playing Russian roulette. Pointless, totally risky and utterly foolhardy. In effect, what the man is saying to you the single girl, is "you may be good enough for me to 'bed', but certainly not good enough for me to wed." Think about it.

If he had no feelings for his wife, why the heck is he still with her? And pls don't give us that excuse about them staying together just for the sake of the kids. Its' hogwash!
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by atutupoyo(f): 1:46am On Sep 20, 2007
hi, It is wrong but as Katchy said anything can happen, married men can be tempting. I almost dated one not long ago it was my friend and God dat prevented me and forever I pray not to fall into dat temptation, What goes around comes around.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by 9jaboi1(m): 3:59pm On May 14, 2008
There is nuthin wrung,
i even advice evry girl shld indulge in it.
it helps u 2 practice marriage, 2 have a feel of marriage before marrying.
I support it.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 14, 2008
9ja boi:

There is nuthin wrung,
i even advice evry girl shld indulge in it.
it helps you to practice marriage, 2 have a feel of marriage before marrying.
I support it.
Am I dreaming? shocked shocked
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by saucekid(m): 4:24pm On May 14, 2008
no babe
u aint
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by 9jaboi1(m): 4:26pm On May 14, 2008
ibkaye:

Am I dreaming? shocked shocked
it depends on wat u call a dream.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 14, 2008
saucekid:

no babe
u aint
hehe

Nigeria boi:

it depends on what u call a dream.
hehehe, you really mean what you said? you support it? smiley
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by tpia: 4:28pm On May 14, 2008
nothing wrong with dating a married man if you don't care about little things like peace of mind and juju.

Or being relegated to second class position when your married lover gets tired of you and goes looking for fresher pastures. Bringing home the new girlfriend. undecided
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by saucekid(m): 4:29pm On May 14, 2008
whats happenin babe?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Scopium: 5:15pm On May 14, 2008
[size=13pt]NO there's nothing wrong until you get married. Then they start dating your husband only then will you know if it's wrong.[/size]
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Tattooboy: 5:27pm On May 14, 2008
@post
why not if he's got the cash
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by saucekid(m): 5:36pm On May 14, 2008
sheesh!
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 14, 2008
rofl saucekid,talk if u wan talk no dey shit sheesh for diaa
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Tattooboy: 5:40pm On May 14, 2008
tough jenny, ur husb must be patient. . .lol
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Atk1nson(m): 8:52am On Nov 08, 2010
Sum yrs ago dis was not a reasonable questn, 2day its debatable. I fear 4 tomorow *God pls keep my fragile heart from dis evil & adulterous generatn*
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2010
Is it right to jump inside a burning building?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Married Man? by MrsEve: 11:11am On Nov 08, 2010
No, it is not right for anyone to date a married woman nor man,

Get your own MAN OR WOMAN, smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lol' My Bitter Experience Staying In Face Me I Face You Compound ( Pix ) / Lady Who Was At Her Friend's Wedding, She's Now Bride Of The Same Man / Prophetess Caught On Camera Bathing 3 Nak3d Ladies In A Stream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.