Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Internet Security Software - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Security Software (1043 Views)

Free Avast Internet Security Activation Code / Nigeria Ranked Sixth In Internet Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Security Software by CalabarMan(m): 11:29am On Mar 07, 2006
I have recently connected my home network onto the internet and am concerned of security breaches such as hackers, viruses, worms, identity theft, trojan horses, adwares, pop-ups etc invading my home network. Does anyone know of a good Internet Security Suite which can handle all these threats?

I currently use AVG - Free Antivirus program, Spybot - free anti spyware and adware remover. I also have ZoneAlarm Firewall - free firewall from Zonelabs, however anytime I activate ZoneAlarm it stops the other computers on my network
accessing the internet.

By the way I use Microsofts in-built Internet Connection Sharing on windows 2000 to share a dial-up access to the internet.

Any hint on this would be appreciated.
Re: Internet Security Software by whitesoftx(m): 11:45am On Mar 07, 2006
I would advice you use "Microsoft Antispyware", McAfee Security Suite and Use PROXY to share your connection. guess you would be free and clean!
Re: Internet Security Software by CalabarMan(m): 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2006
Thanks but Microsoft Antispyware only works on XP and I am yet to upgrade to XP. My systems run Windows 200 and Windows 98.
Re: Internet Security Software by whitesoftx(m): 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2006
Then Spyware Doctor would be better! or if only you can upgrade to XP pro with service Pack 2, then there are lots of security in there including Firewall! if not, use Spyware Doctor!
Re: Internet Security Software by Ynot(m): 5:12am On Mar 08, 2006
I guess you installed ZoneAlarm on the host computer. ZoneAlarm uses application-base approach to securing your computer and will always block request that is not found on its database. I don't think the free version has network features. I suggest you install it on each of the client computers instead. Unfortunately, that will still leave your host unsecured.

(1) (Reply)

Finally Google Is Matching Up To Microsoft / In Need Of Broadband Internet At Home / Windows Media Player Resuming Playback After Hibernation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.