Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! (2017 Views)

Ambode In School Uniform To His Alma-Mater, FGC Warri (Photos) / EXPOSE: Bokoharam In Military Uniform To Welcome Jonathan Baga's Visit / Mrs Aisha Buhari Visit To Imo State In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by ak47mann(m): 1:04am On Nov 05, 2011
just spoke to somebody in owerri rochas is doing very well, he gave free education free uniforms plus N300 for welfare

And come and see how his"Grading"most of the roads in IMO state, IMO people are lucky cool cool cool
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Areosapien(f): 1:36am On Nov 05, 2011
So far so good, my brother. The road work has really been impressive. Been meaning to take some pictures and uploading 'em here, but it keeps escaping me.

So far, the road contracts are under a couple of companies, MCC being the most prominent. Major roads have been completed now, and their drainage channels are being dug and cleared out. Now, the minor roads (the housing estate roads) are being graded and prepped up for tarring as well. Road construction in the capital city should be rounded up between the late December and the early February.

As for the secondary and primary schools, I'm told the internal financial structure is being worked out to accommodate proper funding and easy accessibility.
Things have been running smoothly so far. We hope they keep improving, too. smiley
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Areosapien(f): 1:44am On Nov 05, 2011
I forgot to add, too, that with the coming of the harmattan season, road constructions are expected to flow on a greater, stress-free rate, as the major barrage of heavy rainfall we experienced this year served as impedance.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by ak47mann(m): 2:24am On Nov 05, 2011
i have been hearing good good news about rochas and his not up to one year in power i throw hat for imo state cool
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Areosapien(f): 2:48am On Nov 05, 2011
ak47mann:

i have been hearing good good news about rochas and his not up to one year in power i throw hat for imo state cool

Yes oh, things have been smooth for us. We're happy for this recent development. But although we dey show appreciation, we dey also mind how we dey take show am, so dat im head no go swell. Cuz believing in your own hype sets a path to arrogance and self-destruction.

By the way, which state you hail from? The Light or The Coal City?
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by ak47mann(m): 3:57am On Nov 05, 2011
bros you are right but i believe he will do well for imo state because he needs it for his records, you know he might be aiming for presidency, so he got a lot to prove.

I hail from ANAMBRA  smiley smiley
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by HighChief4(m): 4:12am On Nov 05, 2011
I am happy for Rochas, God will strengthen him
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by jamace(m): 4:31am On Nov 05, 2011
Who says nothing good can come out of our leaders? One good leader can quench the fire of corruption of many devilfathers. 

For a leader to function in Nigeria, he must convince himself to work for his people, not minding what the political jobbers want. Apart from Rochas, I think Jonah Jang of Plateau State has similar determination to silence all the so-call godfathers in his state and work for the people. Initially, it wasn't easy for Jang but with time, the godfathers have been put to shame and now sheepishly following his style. I know that Rochas too will not find it easy at present but with time all the political devilfathers will become "born again".

GEJ can do it too. It's just to change his own mentality and the mentality of those around him will change.

Welldone, Rochas.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Onlytruth(m): 5:13am On Nov 05, 2011
This man is setting a standard in leadership that would be difficult for his successors to meet. What he is basically doing is to give a new definition and dimension to governorship, and to open the peoples' eyes to the real possibilities of Imo state using available resources. Anya ndi ori ga apu na akpa Imo steti mgbe na adighi anya. Lewe kwa anya!
At this stage, he is already approaching Dee Sam's levels; but lets just wait and continue praying silently for him.
Who says he can't be the best governor in Nigeria soon!
Well done bros.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by xtianh(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2011
D lst time i was in imo,d construction of d new bridge at Amakohia ws on going as d contractors were wrkng day n night come rain come shine in oda 2 beat there deadline i Was an eyd witness 2 this, they were various repair going around obinze n d road leading 2 nekede, am sure by nw those projects must b nearng completion, i pray he also remember of people of Orlu there are some village dt also require urgent construction n rehabilation, kudos 2 Rochas
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by houvest: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2011
Who says God does not answer prayers? The cries concerning Imo State to God since Mbakwe left are being heard.|Let's keep the prayers going.Eventually those for all Ndigbo and Nigeria wiil be answered.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by PointB: 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
Nice one Rochas!
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Dede1(m): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2011
The people of Imo State must be aware of the ills in accepting what is rightfully belonged to them as handout.  smiley smiley
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by phantom(m): 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
rochas is my governor, but FRANKLY i am not excited, infact i am a lil bit scared that this whole thing in imo state will go the wrong way.
Does this man realize that a state is not built on philantrophy??What is he doing to make imo state self reliant?That should be his focus instead of this "dashing" money here and there,
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by jason123: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2011
Congratulations Imolites for freeing yourselves from bondage! Well done Rochas!
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by rhymz(m): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2011
I watched him yesterday with enthusiasm on AIT addressing Imilites about his 100days achievments, the man is a fire brand. He knows his onions like the back of his hands; this man did not need the aid of any written compilation to talk about his achievments, it was more like an intellectual discussion session. And when you think he wont address certain issues, right there he disappoints you; am talking about road construction and rehabilitation which some imolites think he is not giving enough attention. He told imolites that the reason his government has not taken it by the jugular was because of the raining season, however, there is already a program dedicated to road rehabilitation which they call Zero Pothole and from what my brother has said, it has been very successful especially in owerri. The controversial stipend to secondary and primary sch student was a gesture to promote attendance, it is not enuogh to force parents to enrole their childrien in school whether such childrien are willing or not. Incentives like the stipend (which students can only earn after it has been ascertained that they attended classes full in the months) have the positive effect of heightening attendance and creating enthusiasm in the child for education. He is not in denial that some people think that such unconventional policy is a waste as he has warned both teachers, aids and commissioners that should there be a case of corruption in the program, he will disgrace them out of office. He did not forget to warn his aids and commissioners who connive with traditional rulers to play politics, he told in strong words how he will deal ruthlessly with such elements when they are found out. He told the traditional rulers that they must not get involved in politics if they want to remain as traditional rulers. The man spoke with passion, oratory and charisma of a true leader, he knows the problem of the state and did not need any written aid to help him discuss it. Rochas Okorocha is my man!
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Otunne1: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2011
rhymz:

I watched him yesterday with enthusiasm on AIT addressing Imilites about his 100days achievments, the man is a fire brand. He knows his onions like the back of his hands; this man did not need the aid of any written compilation to talk about his achievments, it was more like an intellectual discussion session. And when you think he wont address certain issues, right there he disappoints you; am talking about road construction and rehabilitation which some imolites think he is not giving enough attention. He told imolites that the reason his government has not taken it by the jugular was because of the raining season, however, there is already a program dedicated to road rehabilitation which they call Zero Pothole and from what my brother has said, it has been very successful especially in owerri. The controversial stipend to secondary and primary sch student was a gesture to promote attendance, it is not enuogh to force parents to enrole their childrien in school whether such childrien are willing or not. Incentives like the stipend (which students can only earn after it has been ascertained that they attended classes full in the months) have the positive effect of heightening attendance and creating enthusiasm in the child for education. He is not in denial that some people think that such unconventional policy is a waste as he has warned both teachers, aids and commissioners that should there be a case of corruption in the program, he will disgrace them out of office. He did not forget to warn his aids and commissioners who connive with traditional rulers to play politics, he told in strong words how he will deal ruthlessly with such elements when they are found out. He told the traditional rulers that they must not get involved in politics if they want to remain as traditional rulers. The man spoke with passion, oratory and charisma of a true leader, he knows the problem of the state and did not need any written aid to help him discuss it. Rochas Okorocha is my man!
what more can i say. Meanwhile i saw engineers in my area about 2 days ago, and today they started work already. Which means am about to benefit in the operation zero pothole program
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by asha80(m): 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2011
Otu nne:

what more can i say. Meanwhile i saw engineers in my area about 2 days ago, and today they started work already. Which means am about to benefit in the operation zero pothole program

where is your area?
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Otunne1: 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2011
asha 80:

where is your area?
shell camp police station
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by xtianh(m): 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
@phantom i wud prefer a dashng gvnor 2 a lootng gvnor,wen i ws in d village my younger bro went collect d refond of his school fees right he is enjoyng free n quality educatn dt is wht we want, nt gvnor dt wil steal billions of naira.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by PointB: 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2011
xtianh:

@phantom i wud prefer a dashng gvnor 2 a lootng gvnor,wen i ws in d village my younger bro went collect d refond of his school fees right he is enjoyng free n quality educatn dt is wht we want, nt gvnor dt wil steal billions of naira.

Word!
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2011
Now Free School Uniforms makes a lotr more sense to me than naira 100 a month pocket money each month scheme. The school Uniforms will definitely cost more than Naira 1200 per student but I believe this is a more prudent way of HELPING the poor with our LIMITED RESOURCES.

xtianh:

@phantom i wud prefer a dashng gvnor 2 a lootng gvnor,wen i ws in d village my younger bro went collect d refond of his school fees right he is enjoyng free [b]n quality educatn [/b]dt is wht we want, nt gvnor dt wil steal billions of naira.

Any backup for this claim? I mean the last we checked, the man has focused mostly on providing free this and that to students, not necessarily training teachers to actually impact quality of education.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by gists: 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2011
ak47mann:

just spoke to somebody in owerri rochas is doing very well, he gave free education free uniforms  plus N300 for welfare

And come and see how his"Grading"most  of the roads in IMO state, IMO people are lucky  cool cool cool

Kudos to rochas on the road grading, and the school uniform. These are the kind of things a loving gov should do. But BOO to him on the N300 (or is it N100 as was discussed on another thread?)

I'd rather him complement the road contruction with provision of buses instead of dashing N300 out like father x-mas. Providing cheap and reliable xport will serve the people a lot more and create more jobs. Imolites, congratulations, but their is still checks and balancing acts to do.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by xtianh(m): 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2011
@kobojunkie, if u need a backup i suggest u travel 2 d state n go to any school i am sure u wil u find alot of backup there, even in my own Lga. There is a site already proposed for d contrustion of rescue mission secondary schl.block.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by HighChief4(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^Very good response to someone that always come here asking for proof on anything. Am sure they would have been happy if Rochas was busy stacking away billions. Most Nigerians are just fastidious
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Tunmi(f): 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2011
This news makes my day. I am so happy that there is a governor who does his work without fanfare. I will definitely visit Imo whenever I visit Naija. pictures will also help smiley
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
xtianh:

@kobojunkie, if u need a backup i suggest u travel 2 d state n go to any school i am sure u wil u find alot of backup there, even in my own Lga. There is a site already proposed for d contrustion of rescue mission secondary schl.block.

Wrong answer since my questions was directed at an ASSERTION you made, that you are still unable to back up even with the post above. The imo state Education ministry has yet to hint at actual work being done to improve quality but here you are already claiming Quality of education has already been improved? Isn't it a shame when those who are in the field tell you that they have yet to start work on a particular area but you are all too willing to claim they already have, just so you can score a brownie or two with your post for the politicians?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Funkymallam(m): 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^u r really a 'junkie'. V been monitoring u on this forum.
Look, am in kano but even his personal sch here in kano, dat offers free education, free uniform, free bags, books and so on. And the last i checked, the sch offer quality education, so i see no reason he wudnt do same for his own ppl
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^ We are not referring to his personal schools now, but over 200 schools, serving well over 100,000 students across the state. Free Education, Free uniforms DOES NOT EQUAL Quality Education, kapish? Just last week, there was a report in the news on this not being the case in the same state.

We do not DECLARE what is not existent UNTIL WE ARE SURE it does exist . . .  comprende?? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by PointB: 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2011
Arguing with Kobo is like arguing with musiwa. Who does that these days.
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by rhymz(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2011
PointB:

Arguing with Kobo is like arguing with musiwa. Who does that these days.
lol. . . The only Nairalender that arrogates to herself the job of asking endless and senseless questions.
Like seriously, who does it these days
Re: Rochas Free Education Free Uniform To Imo State Students! by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2011
OooH!!! I see I keep touching those same, mostly sycophantic, NERVES!!!!! I am good!! cool cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Mosque Bombed In Sapele, Delta State / Biafra: Did Igbos Force The South South People To Join Rebellion? / President Jonathan's Mother Leaves Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.