Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Eid Al Adha - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid Al Adha (10681 Views)

What Is Eid Al Adha ? / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid Al Adha by deols(f): 8:18am On Nov 05, 2011
Salam alaykum

Today is yaom al Arafah. Alhamdulillah. What a blessed day. I hope you are fasting.

Tomorrow is eid mashaAllah!!!!!!!!!!. I know I don’t have to peep in to know you have beautiful things in those boxes, wrappers, bags, or wardrobe- all for tomorrow!!!!!!. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day, it would be fun filled InshaAllah. Awaiting it gives so much joy, so much hope. hmmmmn You really are Lucky if you are with your family. I hope am with mine too sad . The good thing however is, I actually am with them, My Muslim Sisters. Together, we make an Islamic family. So, am still so happy like you are, Oops! Oh! Or is there someone who is so far away from any kind of family ?? Cheer up! Its all good and it  is the way Allah wishes it to be! No matter how its gonna be, something common to all of us is the blessings of Allah which we all are lucky to be having. For sparing our lives till this moment, We are thankful to Him.

Now do we just go for eid or do we go for eid, maximizing its benefits . I know you’d choose the latter just like me #smartMuslims. Certain things make it Eid while others are the manners expected of us on eid day.let us start with the former

Rulings on eid.

[list]
[li]  Fasting-[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list] to fast on eid day is forbidden. On eid-l adha(the eid that involves killing a ram), we are enjoined not to eat until after eid prayers whereas, during eid-l-fitr(after Ramadan), to eat something, even if it is as little as a date is enjoined.

[list]
[li]  Eid prayers[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]- this is to be observed, preferably in the open. Women are to attend too even if they are menstruating But menstruating women are to stay at the back and not with the people praying.

Concerning the prayer

-The takbeer during the first raka’ah is seven and five for the second rakaah. If you miss any of them, you don’t have to say them back(they are not compulsory aspects of the prayer)

- if u miss the whole prayer, you can have your own.

-many people make the mistake of observing nafila when they get to the prayer ground. That is wrong. The eid prayer itself is a nafilah and so you don’t need to say another one. But, if the prayers is taking place inside a mosque, you can observe tahiyat al masjid(the two rakaah nafila that is observed whenever one enters a mosque).

[list]
[li] Khutbah(sermon)[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list] - this is done after the prayer. It is not compulsory that you listen to it. But like a smart Muslim, I would InshaAllah - Why get a little of the blessings when I can have them all!!

[list]
[li]  Killing of a ram[/b[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]]
[b]

Adab (manners of eid)

To take a bath- for God’s Sake, it is a day of festivity, Everyone should be clean. Purity is emphasized in Islam and on a day like this, further emphasized. It is okay to just have a bath. But better to have a ghusl(ritual bath) too. To clip the nails, shave pubic hairs are acts of cleanliness that Islam encourages. But for people who are to offer the sacrifice, to clip the nails, shave or cut their hairs is not permissible for the first ten days of dhul hijjah. They can only do these after they have done their sacrifice. Doing them doesn’t however nullify the sacrifice.

[list]
[li]Takbeer[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]- praises of Allah are to be said by all and aloud. This should start from the maghrib before the eid day until We get to the mosque and the Imam comes to lead Us in saying it.

Here, I need the attention of all. This is how the prophet taught it, Unlike what many of us, especially Nigerians are used to.

Allahu Akbaru llahu Akbar
LaillahaillaAllahu Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar walillahi l hamd.

In case you know of the additions, Allahu akbaru kabira wal hamdulillah kathira wasubhanallahi bukrata wa asila… desist from saying them. Even though they are good wordings, there is no proof(except you provide one) for these statements as regards eid  and Allah knows best.

[list]
[li] Looking your best[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]- we all know that, I think smiley smiley
[list]
[li]
    To walk to the mosque[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]- encouraged.
[list]
[li]
    To take a different route
[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]- to take a route different from the one we took to the masjid(mosque)
[list]
[li]
    Congratulating one another
[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]- oh yh! We are to shake one another. Even people you never knew, on the day of eid. We are enjoined to say good words to one another. These are permissible in our local dialects too. But from the life of the prophet, we learn of this

Taqabalallahu minna wa minkum.( may Allah accept it from us and from you)

Other  forms of greeting on Eid day are-

A ku odun A ku iyedun. Emi a se pupo e (Yoruba)

Kulu ‘am wa antum bikhayr(may you be well all through the year)

kulu sana wa antum toyyibeen

Eid Mubarak(Arabic)

Barka de sallah(hausa)

Add yours pls. . .

DONTS

-Some people stand up in the night counting down to twelve a.m- haba! That is not in Islam o. it is a practice of the non-believers.

-some stand up in the night to have special prayers. Muslims are to wake up for this prayers whether or not it is The day of eid. Attaching special importance to the prayer on this day is disallowed.

- what type of entertainment are you gonna be having- some Muslims serve alcoholic drinks! They tell you it is for their christian friends. That is haram. If you do this, you are reducing your blessings of the day and sinning against Allah

May Allah help us get the best of this day And May he bless us with long lives that we may Celebrate Many more Eids .

Re: Eid Al Adha by olawalebabs(m): 9:08am On Nov 05, 2011
Thank God, you just give me expo to the question
Re: Eid Al Adha by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 05, 2011
me too wants to clim a mountain. brb
Re: Eid Al Adha by anishe(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2011
Alhamdulilah. We give thanks to Almighty Allah for giving us yet another opportunity to witness this years Eid Adha. May Allah accept all our sacrifice and supplication. To my muslim brothers and sisters, i wish you all Eid Mubarak.
Re: Eid Al Adha by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 05, 2011
mountain dew tongue
Re: Eid Al Adha by zeennurei(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2011
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: Eid Al Adha by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2011
Deols now has a blog hehe, been visited.

Nice post, picked sths too

Eid-mubarak! A a se opolopo e laye.
Re: Eid Al Adha by Nyntynplus: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2011
Jazakallahu khair! May Allah acept our ibadat.
Re: Eid Al Adha by Deen4me(m): 10:22am On Nov 05, 2011
Very Informative wink

May Allah accept all our deeds as acts of Ibadah

Eid Mubarak

Re: Eid Al Adha by IbroSaunks(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2011
feels so good to be in lagos with my fam for the hols !!!
if i can add a few things:
1. sacrifice etiquette:
i. be nice to the animal and let it have an easy transition. the slaughter knife should be well sharpened.
ii. advise whoever is slaughtering it to say " bismillah Allahu-Akbar before killing it.
2. kindness: its generally advisable to be nice and share ur food with people that do not have. even disbelievers!!! don't eat it all!

peeps should add more
Re: Eid Al Adha by IbroSaunks(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2011
jazakumullahu khayran deols ,
encouraging really,
Re: Eid Al Adha by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2011
amusing, u pple actually take all dis seriously?

hmmn, religion sha,

abeg i need invites to come eat ram, na dat one concern me
Re: Eid Al Adha by maclatunji: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2011
4llerbuntu:

amusing, u pple actually take all dis seriously?

hmmn, religion sha,

abeg i need invites to come eat ram, na dat one concern me

You must be chinese!
Re: Eid Al Adha by Ayoobscom(m): 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2011
Allah Doe not demand flesh or blood from yee believers

For He neither eat nor toilet

What he needs is your piety,obedience and reminding all to be dutiful to your promises

Barka de salah to all Mumin walmuslimat,
Re: Eid Al Adha by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2011
4llerbuntu:
_SMF-BREAK_amusing, u pple actually take all dis seriously?_SMF-BREAK__SMF-BREAK_hmmn, religion sha,_SMF-BREAK__SMF-BREAK_abeg i need invites to come eat ram, na dat one concern me_SMF-BREAK_
this is high class delusion. l just heard a terrible news from yobe, kaduna and Borno states. this crazy boko haramites have killed pple, yet these same animals will kill ram tomorrow after killing human beings a day before. ln fact religion shd just be taken away from humanity. smdh     angry
Re: Eid Al Adha by semasir: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
Please what does this celebration implies? I'm putting up something and needs some info. Thanks
Re: Eid Al Adha by Novice1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
JazakalLah!!!!!
Re: Eid Al Adha by darne(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
So How About A Swagalazito Ram For Eid

HAPPY EID-L ADHA more grease to your elbow bro, A Very Useful Info, Jazakallahu Khairan !

Re: Eid Al Adha by deols(f): 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2011
olawalebab:

Thank God, you just give me expo to the question

Now u av it smiley

anishe:

Alhamdulilah. We give thanks to Almighty Allah for giving us yet another opportunity to witness this years Eid Adha. May Allah accept all our sacrifice and supplication. To my muslim brothers and sisters, i wish you all Eid Mubarak.

thank you. I wish you same smiley

zeen nurei:

Jazakallahu khairan

wa iyakum
Re: Eid Al Adha by deols(f): 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2011
bhusayor:

Deols now has a blog hehe, been visited.

Nice post, picked sths too

Eid-mubarak! A a se opolopo e laye.

thanks darl! am glad u did! amin o.
Re: Eid Al Adha by deols(f): 6:31pm On Nov 05, 2011
Nyntynplus:

Jazakallahu khair! May Allah acept our ibadat.

Amin

IbroSaunks:

feels so good to be in lagos with my fam for the hols !!!
if i can add a few things:
1. sacrifice etiquette:
i. be nice to the animal and let it have an easy transition. the slaughter knife should be well sharpened.
ii. advise whoever is slaughtering it to say " bismillah Allahu-Akbar before killing it.
2. kindness: its generally advisable to be nice and share your food with people that do not have. even disbelievers!!! don't eat it all!

peeps should add more

thanks Ibro. Informative additions.

IbroSaunks:

jazakumullahu khayran deols ,
encouraging really,

am glad u find it so.
Re: Eid Al Adha by deols(f): 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
Ayoobscom:

Allah Doe not demand flesh or blood from yee believers

For He neither eat nor toilet

What he needs is your piety,obedience and reminding all to be dutiful to your promises

Barka de salah to all Mumin walmuslimat,

what a great reminder!
Re: Eid Al Adha by deols(f): 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
Novice1:

JazakalLah!!!!!

wa iyakum!!

darne:

So How About A Swagalazito Ram For Eid

HAPPY EID-L ADHA more grease to your elbow bro, A Very Useful Info, Jazakallahu Khairan !
thats int
eresting. Did u allow d ram appreciate its beauty, by giving it a mirror at least. LOl
Re: Eid Al Adha by BetaThings: 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^^
Great Post
May Allah reward you, accept from you and me
But add more - the etiquette of slaughtering, how to treat and position the animal, what to say at the time of slaughtering and how to share the meat etc
Re: Eid Al Adha by deols(f): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2011
you can do dat for us now. smiley
Re: Eid Al Adha by ArQuAbOy(m): 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2011
Mm
Re: Eid Al Adha by Airborne: 10:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
Salam, thank you for the message. I was honestly thinking about the shaving part because I was already thinking that my sacrifice would be null. Thanks
Re: Eid Al Adha by BetaThings: 12:03am On Nov 06, 2011
deols:

you can do dat for us now.  smiley

You are asking KG student to solve JAMB question
Anyway, Alhamdu li Llah for internet
I will just go and do copy and paste

Praise be to Allaah. 

There are 6 conditions for the Animal to be sacrificed:

-1- It should be one of the an’aam class of animals, which are: camels, cattle, sheep and goats, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

-2-  It should be an adult.
In the case of camels it means one that is five years old.
For cattle, it means one that is two years old.
For sheep it means one that is a year old. 6 months is acceptable though for sheep

-3-  It should be free of any faults that would render it unsuitable for sacrifice, of which there are four:

– (i) An obvious defect in one eye
 – (ii) Obvious sickness, whose symptoms are clearly apparent in the animal,
– (iii) Obvious lameness, which prevents the animal from walking normally.
– (iv) Emaciation that leaves no marrow in the bones,

-4- The animal should belong to the person who is offering the sacrifice, or he should have permission for that either on the grounds of sharee’ah or from the owner.

-5- No one else should have any rights to the sacrificial animal; the sacrifice of an animal that is held in pledge is not valid.

-6- It should be slaughtered at the time specified in sharee’ah, which is from after the Eid prayer on the Day of Sacrifice until sunset on the last of the days of al-Tashreeq, which is the 13th of Dhu’l-Hijjah.
Re: Eid Al Adha by iJAY1: 2:20am On Nov 06, 2011
Don't give me no ram. just preach peace, tell your northern folks to shun terrorism!!
Re: Eid Al Adha by lepasharon(f): 2:21am On Nov 06, 2011
so its eid?? no wonder iv seen the local tart with a scarf on. undecided
Re: Eid Al Adha by BetaThings: 5:31am On Nov 06, 2011
-1. The person who slaughters must be one who prays regularly. If you ask someone to help you slaughter, ensure the person prays regularly

-2. It is essential to mention the name of Allaah when slaughtering and say Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah). So one should say: Bismillaah, wa Allaahu akbar (In the name of Allaah and Allaah is Most Great).

Al-Bukhaari (5558) and Muslim (1966) narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sacrificed two horned black and white rams. I saw him placing his foot on their sides, and he said the name of Allaah and he said takbeer, then he slaughtered them with his own hand.

And Allaah knows best.
Re: Eid Al Adha by BetaThings: 5:42am On Nov 06, 2011
The meat should be shared
There are conflicting opinion on how exactly this should be done
But the most popular view is that

At least one third of it may be eaten, and one third given in charity, and one third given away as gifts

We pay money to people who help with slaughtering, cutting and cooking the animal etc
We do not pay them with the meat. We can give part of the meat in charity to them, but not as payment for their efforts

And Allaah knows best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shia Ayatollah Issues Fatwa Permitting The Drinking Of Water During FASTING / Sheikh Baosari Haruna Dies At 93 (Chief Imam Of Ibadan) / Making Food During The Mourning Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.