Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed (30391 Views)

Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / El-Rufai Visits Scene Of Bomb Explosion In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / Graphics Photos From Today's Explosion Scene In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by SamMilla1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2011
my advice : nigeria cannot control itself yet. move ur a.rse down to east or west. gov orji of abia looks like a saint.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by honeric01(m): 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2011
With all these hatred blooming here, i don't see Nigeria surviving for so long.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by ArQueBusieR(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2011
Agents of hell at it again.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Gerrard59(m): 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2011
Www.nairaland.com
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by BIGERBOY1: 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2011
I raised a point that this is a social crisis some one called me daft,

Well I am a Muslim I don't support this barbaric acts no one I know supports it and I once stayed in damaturu/maiduguri axis an most people there are peace loving. So it baffles me when these attacks are carried out and leaves both Christians and Muslims dead, and everyone is grieving some ignorant souls out there try to turn the debate to some political religious debacle.

For your info when I was in damaturu these miscreants killed Islamic scholars who preached against them, randomly shoot in mosques, but you don't hear that on NL. The other day a family member of BH founder who hosted OBJ was killed and you still think only christains are killed?

Well as long as we still dwell with the above mentioned myopic mindset, we will never see the source of this crisis and a solution will ever be elusive.

Bottom line as long as we fail to see a correlation between systemic curruption, lack of social development (especially youths) and the ensuing social crisis, then we will keep retrogressing,
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Horus(m): 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2011
The mastermind of the attack knew that the bombing would have a ripple effect that would undermine national unity and security. There is a plot to destabilize Nigeria
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Torch1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2011
Gerrard59:

Thats the religion of PEACE!
irony!

Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by aljharem3: 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2011
Torch1:

irony!

can you stop bring out pictures to deplete Islam as a violent religion. you stack bigoted illiterate

I do not see any other religion not prone to violence. Thank you

I mean what sort of person are you ?
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^^

Who are you kidding !!

Of course ISLAM is violent , period.

You don't need a mathematician to deduct this theory from well known facts , and which has been put into practice over a million times worldwide.

SMH !
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by icez: 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
honeric01:

And you're suppose to be a christian? the better religion? the alternate to Islam? thank God i knew and know Jesus before i joined NAIRALAND to read hatred from people like you, if not, i'd be doomed for hell cos i wouldn't have chose to become a christian.

Are you this daft? Today u r a christian then  tomorrow u r a muslim. Which one r u? undecided. How can u support the senseless killing of people. So because they r christians, we should  not ask questions? Hypocrite  angry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Samxiulee: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2011
Can't we just quit this ludicrous assembly called Nigeria?Na by force? Let's split North and South abeg and let them av sharia and the bombs all they want
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by moderatorr: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
alj_harem:

can you stop bring out pictures to deplete Islam as a violent religion. you stack bigoted illiterate

'if someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other for them(dont revenge)' - Jesus
'if someone compels you to go one mile, go with them two miles' - Jesus
'love your neighbour(could be a muslim) as you love yourself' - Jesus
brother, if the quran had any statements remotely as peaceful as this, the world would have been a safer place.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
Thank God 2015 is just around the corner. Come lets disintegrate and go our separate ways. Cant continue 2 be one with bunch of vampires.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by ShangoThor(m): 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2011
This scenario reeks of BullSh*it and you all know it (unless you have a vested interest in the status quo).

I wonder what will happen if when the first Mosque gets bombed!
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by icez: 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2011
boko-haram have claimed responsibility. cry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by honsule(m): 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
am serving in Damaturu.Yesterday attack was something else.New Jerusalem is where 99% of d churches in damaturu are located.catholic church was set ablaze while d Almajaris were chanting their islamic song.d attack on d police HQ was carried out by Boko Harem.A female corper was killed.After d attacks n burning of churches, we did not see any military personel in New Jerusalem,Damaturu not until after 4pm d nxt day.I shd be on my way out of Damaturu by Monday
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Torch1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2011
alj_harem:

lol, have i smoked you out, Islam is religion of violence oh! Sorry religion of peace, the fastest growing religion by birth rate(1man+4wives=18children). Thanks to UNICEF for thier aid.

Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by musawisdom(m): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2011
MY COUNTRY PEOPLE PLZ STOP THIS.
Stop painting islam with bad names. If u dont want a worldly curse and dat of eternity. Those against the prosperity of islam wil neva av good ending wit their act. Islam doesnt support boko haram. And this peep r not fighting christians but the govt. Lets pray in one voice against ds people. God bless nigeria
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by prettyboi1(m): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
First & foremost why are people condemning @honeric01? he's simply trying to say no religion is better than the other whether you're a Christian or a Muslim. every life is valuable & is human life whether Muslim or Christian & so we should really be worried together as brothers & sisters rather than start basing these things on religious sentiments. he also meant that you should not generalize all muslims or all northerners as terrorists or heartless people just because certain northern muslim extremists have chosen to keep killing people (muslims have also been victims of boko haram just like Christians have been victims too so we all Christians & Muslims should see that boko haram is a strange terrorist group just hiding under the umbrella of religion). I'm a Christian & I agree a 100% with his school of thoughts. come to think of it why is it only the north that muslims & Christians always fight? in the south,west & east of Nigeria everybody lives together happily as brothers without any religious sentiments.
well as for all boko haram has been doing, I blame Jonathan's weakness & cluelessness as a leader. why wouldn't more of such groups exist when there are no laws in place to make people who take laws into their hands face the consequences of their actions? how won't they continue such attacks when the president is too scared to talk about them or order an investigation to find their sponsors? why wouldn't they have so much audacity when the president could be threatened enough to run away from the traditional square where independence is celebrated due to threats from them? if the president who has all of the security ops in his hand can be threatened, then who the f is a common Nigerian that doesn't have anything to protect him or her? Jonathan is simply a BIG FAILURE.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Jakumo(m): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
Career presidential election loser Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden did promise publicly and repeatedly to unleash terror on Nigeria if he was handed another resounding electoral loss in Nigeria's most recent presidential polls, and the mad Ayatollah fulfills that evil pledge every time his illiterate acolytes detonate suicide bombs or randomly kill civilians and military personnel, in their Islam-subjugated homeland.

Having engineered election aftermath coordinated attacks that resulted in the massacre of voters and officials posted to northern Nigeria, and noting that his overdue invitation for a trial and incarceration by the International Criminal Court in the Hague has not yet materialized, Buhari's smoldering rage over his manifest destiny as a born loser continues to propel him to bankroll and organize yet more Islamic fundamentalist terror attacks localized at least for now in his northern Nigerian dust-bowl, while that unhinged mass-murdering rabble-rouser remains at large and free to incite mayhem.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Karbala: 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2011
moderatorr:

'if someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other for them(dont revenge)' - Jesus
'if someone compels you to go one mile, go with them two miles' - Jesus
'love your neighbour(could be a muslim) as you love yourself' - Jesus
brother, if the quran had any statements remotely as peaceful as this, the world would have been a safer place.

you surely have never read the Quran.and even if you have,you must have misunderstood everything there or read with both eyes close.

What is even sad is the obvious fact you have not read the bible.otherwise you wont have missed the violence and terror there and particular statements and actions of Jesus himself in the new testament that dont go well with your marketing tactics to portray him as absolute 'prince of peace' who demands no justice.

You can surely market $hit for peanut butter but the smell will stink as $hit all the same.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by babsmii(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2011
honsule:

am serving in Damaturu.Yesterday attack was something else.New Jerusalem is where 99% of d churches in damaturu are located.catholic church was set ablaze while d Almajaris were chanting their islamic song.d attack on d police HQ was carried out by Boko Harem.A female corper was killed.After d attacks n burning of churches, we did not see any military personel in New Jerusalem,Damaturu not until after 4pm d nxt day.I shd be on my way out of Damaturu by Monday

i bet you dont want to wait till monday! doesnt monday look far to you. expect a reprisal attack and i expect you to move immediately, dont wait till the whole roads are blocked and curfew is spelt in d state, MOVEEEEEEEEE
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by prettyboi1(m): 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2011
Horus:

The mastermind of the attack knew that the bombing would have a ripple effect that would undermine national unity and security. There is a plot to destabilize Nigeria
THIS IS THE COMPLETE TRUTH. SOME PEOPLE WANT MUSLIMS & CHRISTIANS ROUND THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA TO START FIGHTING EACH OTHER AS A RESULT OF ALL THESE ATTACKS THEREBY LEADING TO NATIONAL INSTABILITY. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE & STOP FIGHTING YOURSELVES BASED ON RELIGION. STOP USING DEROGATORY WORDS AGAINST EACH OTHERS RELIGIONS. CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? WE ARE ALL BROTHERS BY NATIONALITY. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by otokx(m): 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2011
don't know why people still put their lives at risk by going on youth service up north, the Muslims can't start trouble down south as they are totally outnumbered.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by obowunmi(m): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan should resign and let Buhari take over. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by onchefx: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
Energy48,you are out of your senses nobody is a monopoly of violence,we christian are also violent but the love of christ has made us think and act more positive,i think we should start with the Ak 47 and all the bomb let us see how it goes,this we result to a war on religious ground,the is ruthless christians must understand that jihad is still on and we must stand up and fight war war
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Jakumo(m): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2011
obowunmi:

Goodluck Jonathan should resign and let Buhari take over. angry angry angry angry angry

In a truly just world, Islamic terrorist recruiter and genocide instigator Buhari would have been executed in a hail of rifle-fire, like Romania's former dictator Nicolai Chowchesque, many moons ago.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Karbala: 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2011
otokx:

don't know why people still put their lives at risk by going on youth service up north, the Muslims can't start trouble down south as they are totally outnumbered.
i hope you are courageous enough to accept that your statistics of 'outnumber' does NOT include the south-west.thanks.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
muslims, especially the illiterate and brainwashed ones, are a curse to this world!!
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by obowunmi(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2011
Jakumo:

In a truly just world, Islamic terrorist recruiter and genocide instigator Buhari would have been executed in a hail of rifle-fire, like Romania's former dictator Nicolai Chowchesque, many moons ago.  

Interesting viewpoint,
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by emmatok(m): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
honeric01:

And you're suppose to be a christian? the better religion? the alternate to Islam? thank God i knew and know Jesus before i joined NAIRALAND to read hatred from people like you, if not, i'd be doomed for hell cos i wouldn't have chose to become a christian.

Give yourself some respect at least, being a lady, i wouldn't want to go the thuggish way with you, and for the record, you are also a christian right? until you remove the hatred from your eyes, you won't see the main picture. those thugs killing people are not doing it for Christ nor Muhammed, wake up while you can.

@phreakabit

@Torch1

Wake up and don't join the bandwagon, think independently, this is what is killing Africans, don't be another extremist of a christian, where in the article did they mention that they were worshiping in the church? the article only said 8 churches at different locations got burnt down but you're not sure if there were any soul in the church when it happened. the same article there were fighting, gunshots and bombings a night before then so how are you sure most of the dead didn't come from there?

Stop the religious hatred, if you want to claim that my religion is better than Islam, prove it by your action and character, not the way you're going about it now.  try visiting Pastor Adeboye's facebook face often to learn how to draw people to Christianity through the way you act, reason and talk.

I really doubt your are a Christian, maybe just another Muslin Apologist trying to spin this event around.

For your information People live and work in these Churches 24/7, so there are possibilities people died .

Lot of Christians live in the SE, SS, and SW how many Mosque have bombed.

This is not the first time and this will not be the last.

Any time their is a crises in the North they vent angers on innocent Christians.

For your information Christian are already carrying arms to Church in Kaduna, Kano and other Northern cities.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Beaf: 9:07pm On Nov 05, 2011
[size=33pt]Split the country.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards / APC CRISIS: Tinubu Gains Upper Hand, NWC to be Dissolved Next Week / Is Ambode No Longer Loyal To Tinubu And APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.