Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By (1326 Views)

Bel Akinyi's Post On Jesus Christ Trending On Twitter / Good Morning Jesus;For Heaven Bound SOULS. / Why Did God Had To Keep Jesus For Three Days In The Grave Before Raising Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by meekas(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2011
A Nigerian-born resident nurse in United Kingdom, Ms. Omolayo Abayomi has had her nursing license withdrawn by the Nursing and Midwifery Council at a hearing in London over a petition filed by the parents of the baby she was taking care of because she neglected her duties as a nurse to attend to a dying child and decided to call on Jesus for help.

According to source, the 51-year-old nurse was said to have called for divine intervention more than 20 times before the boy’s mother told her to ‘shut up’.

“The nurse was constantly saying “Jesus help him” and waving her arms around,’ a hearing was told. The nurse was constantly saying “Jesus help him” and waving her arms around,” the mother said in her testimony.

“She said it more than 20 times. I felt I had to do everything – at that point she was doing nothing to help my son. She never offered to take the lead at any point and at no point did she suggest calling 999.

I can’t change what’s happened to my son, I know I did the best for him but the nurse just completely abandoned her duty.If I can save just one other person from having to go through what we have been through, then that’s what I want to do.”

The boy, now aged five, made a full recovery from the incident but is still totally dependent on others for his care.

Meanwhile, Ms. Abayomi claimed the mother pushed her away and refused to let her help denied calling on Jesus, panicking, and failing to provide care for the child.

Delivering his judgment, panel chair John Williams said:

“This was a failure to accept responsibility for her role in the events by the registrant. She has shown a lack of empathy with the parents of the child and there has been no admission or apology, and therefore no insight.

This failure is incompatible with her continuing to be a registered nurse.”

No damages were awarded to the parents of the boy.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by tpia5: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2011
There's something weird about this story.

The boy's mother had enough presence of mind to tell someone to shut up but not enough presence of mind to pick up the phone and call an ambulance?

Very strange.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by mjay(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2011
What on earth is this world coming to?
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by dorox(m): 8:56am On Nov 06, 2011
Too bad for her, she allowed superstition to override her professional training.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by alaper: 11:10am On Nov 06, 2011
And Jesus failed to answer!!!!!! cool cool
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by Babamide(m): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2011
She better come back home.
If the mother had only believed in the name above all names.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
tpia@:

There's something weird about this story.

The boy's mother had enough presence of mind to tell someone to shut up but not enough presence of mind to pick up the phone and call an ambulance?
Very strange.

The only strange thing is the christian "nurse" calling for her imaginary friend instead of actually doing her job or calling 999. Don'criminalize the victim just because the nurse shares the same christian beliefs as you. The fact of the matter is, the name you people think is magical is just the name of a fictional character and no matter how much faith she has, the name will always be useless.

meekas:

“[b]The nurse was constantly saying “Jesus help him” and waving her arms around,’ a hearing was told. The nurse was constantly saying “Jesus help him” and waving her arms around,” the mother said in her testimony.

“She said it more than 20 times. I felt I had to do everything – at that point she was doing nothing to help my son. She never offered to take the lead at any point and at no point did she suggest calling 999.[/b]I can’t change what’s happened to my son, I know I did the best for him but the nurse just completely abandoned her duty.If I can save just one other person from having to go through what we have been through, then that’s what I want to do.”

Meanwhile, Ms. Abayomi claimed the mother pushed her away and refused to let her help denied calling on Jesus, panicking, and failing to provide care for the child.

Delivering his judgment, panel chair John Williams said:

“This was a failure to accept responsibility for her role in the events by the registrant. She has shown a lack of empathy with the parents of the child and there has been no admission or apology, and therefore no insight.

This failure is incompatible with her continuing to be a registered nurse.”

Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by alaper: 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2011
It just beats me hollow when these religious pray and nothing happens, and yet they still believe prayer works!!!
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2011
alaper:

It just beats me hollow when these religious pray and nothing happens, and yet they still believe prayer works!!!

According to Tpia, prayer works. The "very strange" thing in this situation is the mother of the child or like he said on another thread, it was the house itself that was at fault not the nurse and her god delusion.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by alaper: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2011
Martian:

According to Tpia, prayer works. The "very strange" thing in this situation is the mother of the child or like he said on another thread, it was the house itself that was at fault not the nurse and her god delusion.

They don't see the obvious contradiction: This God is suppossed to be omniscient. i.e. he knows everything about you without you even saying it. So he knows you are suffering but he refuses to do anything until you beg him or praise him to high heavens!! Does he have such a low self esteem?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Or what kind of god would need constant praising before he does anything. Maybe he is not able!! embarassed embarassed or worse, he may even not exist!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
alaper:

They don't see the obvious contradiction: This God is suppossed to be omniscient. i.e. he knows everything about you without you even saying it. So he knows you are suffering but he refuses to do anything until you beg him or praise him to high heavens!! Does he have such a low self esteem?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Or what kind of god would need constant praising before he does anything. Maybe he is not able!! embarassed embarassed or worse, he may even not exist!!!!!!

Their god not existing is actually the best scenario for them because if he exists, he is one sadistic, vengeful, psychotic entity. But they don't want to hear that, they'll rather go through mental gymnastics and blame everthiing and everybody else for the failure of their all powerful god.

The other day, one of them wrote a horrible analogy about their god being a loving father who inflicts physical pain on himslef to the point of crying. This father whipped himself in front of his kids who in turn were horrified and wailing after watching their crazy father beat himself up and he equated this crazy analogy to his god's love for them and I replied that his anology made his god look like a sadomasochist child abuser (which is what he actually sounds like). The christian mod came riding in on her high moral horse and deleted it just because I wrote exactly what their god sounded like.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by Kxy(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2011
What is this world turning to? Truly Christians are facing much persecutions today.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by OmoTier1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
Daily you claim God does not exist yet accuse him to be a liar. But hey! Has God ever accused you of anything?

Watch it, the 'real' myth would soon be reveal and know it, you will still answer to this God immediately you breath your last breath!

@topic, it is a lesson to learn for us all living christians as the world's hatred for us will sure know no bounds until the desire of thier hearts is fulfilled unto thier destruction! Cheer up breathren, the word works to our advantage.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by Revolva(m): 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2011
THAT WILL TEACH HER A LESSON HOW WOULD SHE BE CALLING PRAYERS WHEN SOME ONE IS IN TRAUMA, THAT IS SOO STUPID , SHE SHOULD HAVE TREATED THE BOY WITH ALL HER NURSING EXPERIENCE.THEN LATER PRAY FOR THE BOY SILENTLY,

YOU KNOW THESE WESTERN ARE NOT ZEALOTS, LIKE WE DO HERE
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by tpia5: 2:40am On Nov 07, 2011
So many miserable people whipping themselves on this thread. . . . . .

I wish you'd allow Jesus to heal your pain.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by plaetton: 6:47am On Nov 07, 2011
Serves her right. She does not deserve to be in that type of job.It shows that sane people in civilised nations are not buying that crap we delude and confound ourselves with.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by Maykelly(f): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2011
It is written, we will be persecuted, put in prison, mock, etc because of my Name (Jesus). But keep doing good knowing that your Heavenly Father is with you at all time.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By by thehomer: 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2011
alaper:

And Jesus failed to answer!!!!!! cool cool

As he often does.

(1) (Reply)

The Rapture- A 19th Century Doctrine? / The Yearning Spirit / Has The Trumpets Already Sounded?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.