Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (15114 Views)

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by cchampme(m): 4:37am On Nov 07, 2011
bone say i be christian oh! but she should know what to do nah instead of throw hands in the air and expect God to something when she has a professional certificate on that field, automatically she is expected to know exactly what to do.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Jenifa1: 4:37am On Nov 07, 2011
Naledi14:

I think the nurse was just really paniked sometimes when something dramatic or unexpected happens you just shut down and go blank i think thats what happend and jesus was the only saviour she could think of. Just a bad day at work its a shame  they dont even say she has done it previously which i gather she hasnt otherwise they would have mentioned it in court. The punishment i feel was just harsh. Some people here showing so much hate towards her like it was thr child or shes done something personally to them??!! Some even blame nigeria's problems on her WTF!? The country must be in a dire situation for people to blame it on someone that resides and works in the UK.

Yea that's my thought exactly. That's panic mode as far as I can tell and Jesus was all she could call for help.
Most others westerners will maybe yell "[i]sh[/i]it [i]sh[/i]it " or other swear words.
Maybe with more experience she will get used to babies turning blue and having heart attacks.
but seriously I don't think she deserves to have her license withdrawn.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by freecocoa(f): 4:42am On Nov 07, 2011
I wouldn't totally call the nurse incompetent cos she's been the one taking care of the child,I guess it was a bad day at work,she panicked,although she over panicked,she should have gotten a grip on it and do something while still calling Jesus. Since not everyone believes in jesus,praying in her mind would have been better,just imagine shouting jesus in an atheist's house when his child is dying,he will take it to mean you are even calling the person who would finish the child off.
She made a mistake which no one is above but I guess mistakes like this can't be tolerated in her line of business.They should have let her off with a warning,this is a bit too harsh.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 4:47am On Nov 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

To me, the parents are just bitter. The son was going to die anyway. Why do they have to kill another woman's job to avenge for that?

I'm quite sure you'd be really happy when you have a child and you child is in need of medical help. Because a child was born with a condition that may lead to their death doesn't mean that the parents or nurse should abandon their duties--that is by far one of the dumbest things I have heard. By the way, the twin boy involved in the incident, although he has made a full recovery from the incident, he is still totally dependent on others for his care. When you find yourself in such a situation, be sure to kindly take a step to the side so your child's doctor or nurse can throw their hands in the air and yell out the names of random religious figures. If she cannot handle basic stressful situations then she, nurse Abayomi shouldn't be involved in a profession that requires her to compose herself when helping someone. Were would be all be in every doctor in an emergency room were to throw their hands in the air and start shouting out the names of religious figures when faced with a stressful situation?
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by keba(m): 4:52am On Nov 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

For real? undecided

What would you do if that was your child dying and the help you hired was just shouting for Jesus?
I tire ooooooo, can u imagine wat question peeps could come on here to ask
So wat did she go to nursing school for?
Maybe to shout Jesus,
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Jenifa1: 5:02am On Nov 07, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I'm quite sure you'd be really happy when you have a child and you child is in need of medical help. Because a child was born with a condition that may lead to their death doesn't mean that the parents or nurse should abandon their duties--that is by far one of the dumbest things I have heard. By the way, the twin boy involved in the incident, although he has made a full recovery from the incident, he is still totally dependent on others for his care. When you find yourself in such a situation, be sure to kindly take a step to the side so your child doctor or nurse can throw their hands in the air and yell out the names of random religious figures.

This is not a rare incident. she is not the only nurse that has panicked in the hospital and behaved "irrationally"
her crime was that she yelled "Jesus"

No I wouldn't want a panicked doctor or nurse around but also I wouldn't let my prejudice against religion cloud my judgement either. Lots of Nurses and doctors panic in the hospital and don't get fired. why pick on the one that yells Jesus instead of a swear word?
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 5:08am On Nov 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

This is not a rare incident. she is not the only nurse that has panicked in the hospital and behaved "irrationally"
her crime was that she yelled "Jesus" instead of "[i]S[/i]hit"
You will rarely see the latter getting fired or making news headlines.

Bottom line, the she-goat should have composed herself and did her damn job! I have no problem with her shouting 'shït', 'Jesus', 'Shiva' or whatever word she chooses to substitute--if that is what will help her get through the job, then so be it. It's not like she was shouting 'Jesus' while doing her job and was successful. The fact still remains, she ABANDONED her job!!! As a nurse, just like doctors, she took and oath to provide medical service and help to people. She clearly has failed to so that when she decided not to do her job!!
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Jenifa1: 5:13am On Nov 07, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Bottom line, the she-goat should have composed herself and did her damn job! I have no problem with her shouting 'shït', 'Jesus', 'Shiva' or whatever word she chooses to substitute--if that is what will help her get through the job, then so be it. The fact still remains, she ABANDONED her job!!!

You weren't there.
and besides she said the parents refused to let her help out after she shouted Jesus. Read the article again.
The parents had their bias whether religious or ethnic. nothing wrong with that but associating religiosity with incompetence is what i'm irked about.
case in point: all the news coverage of this emphasize the fact that she was mentioning "Jesus" So obviously that was her main crime. It's the "Jesus" everyone is more concerned about. If she had screamed "S[i]h[/i]it" will she get fired or be in the news?

most doctors and nurses are he-she goats anyway.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 5:18am On Nov 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

You weren't there.
and besides she said the parents refused to let her help out after she shouted Jesus. Read the article again.
The parents obviously had their bias whether religious or ethnic.

You weren't there either so there is no way for you to really determine that they had personal biases stemming from religious or ethnic reasons. If anything, you're the one with the bias towards the parents. I don't know of any parent, who would gladly do nothing or stand by while their child is in desperate need of medical attention or while the medical practitioner has a mental breakdown.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Jenifa1: 5:28am On Nov 07, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I don't know of any parent, who would gladly do nothing or stand by while their child is in desperate need of medical attention or while the medical practitioner has a mental breakdown.[/font][/size]

from the tone of the article I didn't get the feeling that they are pissed at her mental breakdown. They seem to be more pissed at the fact that she said "Jesus" and are bent on getting her fired for that reason.
I do not sympathize with them or the media. The whole propaganda is to equate religiosity with irresponsibility.
This wouldn't be news otherwise. because like I said, medical irresponsibility and malpractice is COMMON occurrence in hospitals. I've experienced it tons of times myself and feel it is unfair that this woman is taking more flak than is necessary.

my personal opinion and last post on this thread.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by ArQuAbOy(m): 5:33am On Nov 07, 2011
The nurse messed up. She had to be dealt with
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by micawber(m): 5:37am On Nov 07, 2011
ArQuAbOy:

The nurse messed up. She had to be dealt with

Hmmmmm,
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 5:38am On Nov 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

from the tone of the article I didn't get the feeling that they are pissed at her mental breakdown. They seem to be more pissed at the fact that she said "Jesus" and are bent on getting her fired for that reason.
I do not sympathize with them or the media. The whole propaganda is to equate religiosity with irresponsibility.
This wouldn't be news otherwise. because like I said, medical irresponsibility and malpractice is COMMON occurrence in hospitals. I've experienced it tons of times myself and feel it is unfair that this woman is taking more flak than is necessary.

my personal opinion and last post on this thread.

I think their anger stems more from her shouting 'Jesus' and NOT doing anything. Had she been shouting 'Jesus' and doing her job, I doubt that she would have had so much attention on her. The fact is, she did NOTHING while the child was in need of help. Are certain religious groups being vilified in the media, yes I agree but her doing nothing is what got her in trouble, not shouting 'Jesus'.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by kabukabu50(m): 5:55am On Nov 07, 2011
Rgp92:

<<<bro-fisted, cool

I need this gif.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Lovine: 6:26am On Nov 07, 2011
From the way she dressed she is either a member of Deeper Life Christian, Catholic revival Charismatic or The Lord's Chosen member they are always hypocrites and believe by removing ear rings, put on head ties, no makeups, dressing oldtmer it is then heaven at last, fools. We walk by faith not by sight with Jesus and if you want to worship God worship Him in spirit and truth, not by shouting Jesus Jesus Jesus with the spirit of I AM BETTER THAN ALL
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 07, 2011
it would be nice if jenifa met this kind of professional in the delivery/emergency room /operating theatre

at the end she would top up any complications etal to 'the will of God'

Jenifa_:

seems shes big on faith healing. better find your way to pastor chris.

nonsense. the curse of the african - waiting on the gods to solve everything.

i can only imagine the amazement of te parents as the nurse went into mental meltdown.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by freepeople: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I'm quite sure you'd be really happy when you have a child and you child is in need of medical help. Because a child was born with a condition that may lead to their death doesn't mean that the parents or nurse should abandon their duties--that is by far one of the dumbest things I have heard. By the way, the twin boy involved in the incident, although he has made a full recovery from the incident, he is still totally dependent on others for his care. When you find yourself in such a situation, be sure to kindly take a step to the side so your child's doctor or nurse can throw their hands in the air and yell out the names of random religious figures. If she cannot handle basic stressful situations then she, nurse Abayomi shouldn't be involved in a profession that requires her to compose herself when helping someone. Were would be all be in every doctor in an emergency room were to throw their hands in the air and start shouting out the names of religious figures when faced with a stressful situation?

The child would have died anyway. He was born at 6 months. I suspect that he suffered from some form of respiratory distress syndrome, due to inadequate maturation of the lungs at the time of birth. I've not seen any of these case that survives past one month.

My beef with the nurse is that she lost her professional cool in dealing with this case. Though she can't do much to save this child. Even if she resuscitates the child, he will eventually go down. But she shouldn't let her emotion to overtake her reasoning. There is what we jokingly call "masterly inactivity". You will be busy doing something to help the patient, but actually, you are doing nothing. This is aimed at giving the parents a psychological reassurance that you did all you could to save their child. But your effort was not enough.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by suckcybay: 6:57am On Nov 07, 2011
This is my first reply to any topic in this forum and am reply becos I want to correct some point posted here.

Jesus is the master of the universe whether you agree with me or not. The lady did the write thing by calling the name of Jesus even if she didn't do it properly by still doing her job and calling the name of Jesus.

The reason why she was fired was not becos she called the name of Jesus she was fired becos she denial calling that name of Jesus. Even if they was fired after saying the truth, that same Jesus will still give her another Good job or do something great in return because she didn't denial.
This world is empty I can't denial Jesus for anything becos he his the one that count. My job is not has important to me as Jesus. Jesus is my savior he has the final say and that was why the lady remember that its the only name that can save her from that situation.

If you know this Jesus u will not talk bad about him. Opportunity for you to give your life to Jesus is here. Just say Jesus come into my life, I want u has my personal savior.

God bless you all.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Ekpekus(m): 7:05am On Nov 07, 2011
Its really amazing how people castigate others when given the power 2 do so.
The nurse has been the one taking care of the twins and working 22hrs a day. Funny enuf, the incident happend @home. Do u think magic ll b done in a case of cardiopulmonary attack? Yes, she suctioned and Mr. A called 4 help, what more could she have done, reassure the parents that were already tensed? I obviously knw that if she was a caucasian nurse we won't b hearing dz rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Slimchase(m): 7:25am On Nov 07, 2011
Eeeyaaahh ! Ada Jesus , Kpelle oo !
But mind u dat ''FAITH WITHOUT GOOD WORK IS BASELESS''
I rest my case !!
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Naledi14(f): 7:26am On Nov 07, 2011
People need to understand that we are all human and sometimes lose our senses even at work. People in the finance field do it and loose money for the companies they work for people working with heavy machinery do it people working with dangerous animals, for goodness sake atleast we thank god the child survived doctors make even bigger mistakes life changing mistakes ( on a daily basis around the world ) and yet they dont get crucified like this lady is being.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by dplordx(m): 7:38am On Nov 07, 2011
More of the reason GEJ should be fired. The idi0t keeps thinking Jesus will come down to fix our problems.
Can you believe how lame Nigerians are! God wont change our ways until we change it.
We need a real leader. Not a fucken christain or a moslem. We just need someone who can deliver.
LOL. I remember when that failure knelt infront of Pastor Adeboye. Then I knew he is nothing but another colossal failure. And many f00ls voted him because of that.
Mscheeeeewest! angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by eghost247(m): 7:45am On Nov 07, 2011
she didnt do her job and to those insulting her well it could be yo momma
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by dplordx(m): 7:50am On Nov 07, 2011
Naledi14:

People need to understand that we are all human and sometimes lose our senses even at work. People in the finance field do it and loose money for the companies they work for people working with heavy machinery do it people working with dangerous animals, for goodness sake atleast we thank god the child survived doctors make even bigger mistakes life changing mistakes ( on a daily basis around the world ) and yet they dont get crucified like this lady is being.

[b]Yes, but lets assume you are the person in mortal danger, and your nurse starts spewing some crazy gibberish when all she had to do was remain calm and save your life.
I cant believe someone in a civilized part of the world such as SA could be defending such crass dereliction of duty. She had a choice to pick between becoming a 419 pastor or a someone who can REALLY save life and perform logical miracles and not that magical shyt they scam you with. Do you think the UK become developed in believing in all these type of nonsensical doctrines?
Even Israel where Christ emerged from learn from a long and painful history that God wont leave His throne to change you and until you change yourself.
For you information, Israelis arent Christians, and they a tiny population of 5million are the most respected and feared nation in the milddle east.
Keep calling your useless nation a giant, when a fraction of israelis military could wipe you all off the surface of the earth within a day. Abeg, lets use our brains and not just our emotions and social-precondition stupidity jare.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by inereunwa1(m): 7:58am On Nov 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

her crime was that she yelled "Jesus"

No I wouldn't want a panicked doctor or nurse around but also I wouldn't let my prejudice against religion cloud my judgement either. Lots of Nurses and doctors panic in the hospital and don't get fired. why pick on the one that yells Jesus instead of a swear word?

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Revolva(m): 8:00am On Nov 07, 2011
That Woman is a fool and a brainwahsed idiot that is what we Nigerians are good at Zealots, instead of her to attend to the child treatment then after that she should pray for the child silently. when the child is at rest.that would have saved her embarassment and the nation embarrasment
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 07, 2011
Since there are no past records of such behaviour, She could have been WARNED rather than have her license of many years seized.

My prayer goes out to her. May the name of Jesus avail for you, always~
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Andrew3(m): 8:27am On Nov 07, 2011
If it was because of calling on Jesus she was sacked then tell her to get ready for a better Job. It was a devine concoction to uplift her.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Jenifa1: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2011
The nurse has been the one taking care of the twins and working 22hrs a day. Funny enuf, the incident happend @home. Do u think magic ll b done in a case of cardiopulmonary attack? Yes, she suctioned and Mr. A called 4 help, what more could she have done, reassure the parents that were already tensed? I obviously knw that if she was a caucasian nurse we won't b hearing dz rubbish.

exactly
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 07, 2011
jesus is lord
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Andrew3(m): 8:47am On Nov 07, 2011
Revolva:

That Woman is a fool and a brainwahsed that is what we Nigerians are good at Zealots, instead of her to attend to the child treatment then after that she should pray for the child silently. when the child is at rest.that would have saved her embarassment and the nation embarrasment
I see that those things in your profile has brain washed you, An experienced nurse equal to the job must have been sure there is no alternative rather than making another move which she did. She has not been blacklisted from getting another licence.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2011
@lovine. Stfu! It doesnt make u any different who attend some funky, hippy new world church. Y'all the same. Never getting your act together in the face of difficult situation and expecting some invisible hand to help tweak. Y'all deserve what u get!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 2 2020 In Nigeria - (2,270 Tested) / Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded / Nigeria At Moderate Risk Of Marburg Virus Disease Outbreak - NCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.