Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Japaul Oil Is Going Public - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Japaul Oil Is Going Public (5109 Views)

Something Bigger Than Japaul / Something Bigger Than Japaul / Japaul Opens Offer September 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japaul Oil Is Going Public by 2Rich4U(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2007
How can I get the form for this offer? Nairalanders please help !

By Ogbuotobo Chuks

Come September 24, 2007, Japaul Oil & Maritime Services plc would float its hybrid public offer to the Nigerian public. The company is seeking to raise N5 billion by offering 1,007,488,188 ordinary shares of 50 kobo at N3.95 per share to the general pubic, while 291,549,045 ordinary shares of 50 kobo per share at N3.50 per share is being offered to the existing shareholders.
The approval was given at a stakeholders meeting which was held in lagos recently. Alsothe right issue would be offered to the existing shareholders on the basis of one new ordinary shares for every four ordinary shares held by them as at Friday July 6, 2007.
The Managing Director/CEO, Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc, Mr. Paul. A Jegede said the purpose of the offer is enable the company meet its expansion and diversification plans in key areas of oil servicing and maritime services.
The breakdown of utilization of the funds is as follows: Acquisition & Offshore oilfield support vessels 43 per cent; Acquisition of equipment & accessories 23.66 per cent; Investment in construction materials for oil field facilities 21.5 per cent; Infrastructure & Fabrication facilities 8.6 per cent and working capital 2.23 per cent.

The Joint Issuing Houses include: First Inland Bank Plc, and Futureview Financial Services Limited. The offer closes on Wednesday, October 31, 2007.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by hayprof(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2007
Heard About it frm a Friend,

-I wuld love to get some,

What is the Minimum Amount u can Obtain? lipsrsealed
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2007
Like the offer public offers, Japaul minimum shouldnt be more than 1000 units minimum the public offer price will be N3.95

I will post the application form and prospectus as soon as they are out. My company is one of the receiving agents so I will be getting regular information and keep you guys posted.

Ade
www.citiinvestcap.com
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by MyPeace(f): 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2007
l will be interested with the form
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by 2Rich4U(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2007
Thanks Atilla, I will be looking forward to it.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by crazyT(m): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2007
@ Atilla

What is the minimum amount to open an account with your investment company?
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by denobleman(m): 10:51am On Sep 22, 2007
Hey Guys,
Let some one out there keep me informed as some the offer hits the open market I am HIGHLY interested

denoleman@yahoo.com
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2007
@crazyT

Howdy? The minimum to open an account with us is 100,000, if you have share certificates worth up to that we can accept that or a combination of both shares and cash.

I will try post the form/prospectus as soon as I get it .
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by mee25(m): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2007
Hi Atilla,
Can u accept GT Bank GDR allotment notice of up to 100k as evidence of share holding
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2007
Hi guys please find the Japaul form attached.

This has bad quality but ill put a better one tommorow morning.

Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by Panadol(m): 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2007
@atilla,

How do I enter my CSCS # on the form. It's not available on the form.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2007
It is, at the bottom right side of the form
above the signature part

Ill try and post a better form today
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by dachoji(m): 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2007
hey guys! i'm interested in this offer but i dont have cash yet. please does anyone know when the offer will end.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by shigidi(m): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2007
@ atilla pls can u send the prospectus so we can take a look at it on this thread .
thank you.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by mee25(m): 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2007
@ dachoji

Japaul po opens on 24/9/07 and closes on 31/10/07 best luck
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by Panadol(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2007
All,

Here is the link to the Prospectus.

http://www.japaulplc.com/Prospectus4Web.pdf
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2007
HI Panadol. quick question pls where did u get the link to the prospectus. I was crawling their website so I was suprised not to find it and then u posted it up. Hmm u have good eyes sha. Thanks
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by dachoji(m): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2007
thanks for the info
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by 2Rich4U(m): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2007
@atilla, I have the forms scanned and I will be emailing to a friend to make payment for me. Are there any other charges that needs to be paid? (for instance say i'm buying 1000units @ #3,900 naira, is that the amount needed)

I'm trying to make sure I get the right amount of money across to the person doing me a favor, thanks.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by marjson(m): 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2007
That is the right amount of money unless you wanna give the person money for trans fare and at least launch for assisting you,
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by Nevada: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2007
Hello Atilla,

My concern is when will my cscs account be credited? or share certificate issued.The offer is a good one

I cant imagine my money tied down for over one year.

I will appreciate your response
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2007
@ 2 rich4you. No there is no charge to pay. Stockbroking firms do not charge the customers anything for public offers. it is only buying on the floor that we collect commision. For 1000units = N3,950 naira
(note 1unit is N3.95 not N3.90 as you said in your post)

@Nevada.
With the new rules coming out. im sure it wouldnt be up to a year probably like 6-8 months maximum. I know what you mean thuogh.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by 2Rich4U(m): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2007
Can someone pls help me answer my question, can the filled out application form be taken to any branch of first inland bank for payment?
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by Sweetaura1(f): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2007
@2Rich4u,

Yes, you can make payment at any branch of First Inland Bank since they're the issuing bank and any other assigned bank.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by 2Rich4U(m): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2007
thanks sweet aura, !
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2007
@2rich howfars you changed your mind buying through me?
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by MyPeace(f): 8:42am On Sep 26, 2007
Does it mean you will make payment and submit your form at any First inland Bank??
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by Sobola75(f): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2007
Atilla,

Can may friends in Europe invest with your company and be able to monitor it themselves. What is the minimum they could start with and how is the profit going to be calculated.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 10:54am On Sep 26, 2007
@Sobola

Yes they can invest with us.  We are making a way to monitor your stocks online but as of right now we send evaluation reports every week and a statement of your account with us.

The minimum right now is 100,000 to open an account with us and the money will be used only to buy shares for you.
The profit will be calculated by removing the price you are sellin from the price you bought the share. For example if you bought Airline services at 15 naira and sell it at 20 the profit is Five naira * the amount of shares that you bought.

I hope that helps. Please mail me on if you want more info.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by 2Rich4U(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2007
@atilla, I sent you an email yesterday waiting on your response.

I didn't change my mind, I advised a friend to also invest but his skeptical about going thru a broker so I advise he send his mum to any first inland bank to make purchase on his behalf.
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by fazey: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2007
talking about japaul-is it good for the short term or long term
Re: Japaul Oil Is Going Public by atilla(m): 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2007
@2rich4yu. I didnt get the email.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How LAPO MFB Exploits The Poor / Aspiring Taxify Partner In Lagos, come in Here / Nigeria’s Manufacturing Pmi Grows To 57.8% In May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.