Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria (1386 Views)

We Will Not Be Deterred By Attacks, Shi’ites Tell Sunni Islamist Group Boko Har / Nearly 150 Killed In Deadly Day Of Air Strikes In Syria / Niger Delta: Up To 150 Killed By Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Beaf: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2011
[size=14pt]150 killed by attacks in Nigeria[/size]
Updated: 09:10, Sunday November 6, 2011

About 150 people have been killed in attacks claimed by an Islamist group in northeastern Nigeria, a rescue agency official says.

'I was involved in the evacuation of corpses to the morgue. I personally counted 150 bodies,' the official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said at the hospital on Saturday. He said some families had already collected their loved ones for burial, reducing the number to 97 by end of the day.

An AFP reporter counted 97 corpses still in the mortuary.

The Red Cross earlier said the death toll from Friday's violence stood at 63, while police spoke of 53, of whom 11 were members of its force.

'From our inventory, 53 people have so far been killed in the attack,' said local police chief Suleimon Lawal.

http://www.skynews.com.au/world/article.aspx?id=682047&vId=2828384&cId=World
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Beaf: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2011
Why?
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by amaham(m): 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2011
Boko da sallah my brodas,enjoy it while it lasts
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Akanbiedu(m): 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2011
Because GEJ will not do his f-u-cking job. Abi, he's no longer the chief security officer?
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2011
Lawd save us from ourself.
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by ShangoThor(m): 12:01am On Nov 06, 2011
The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and
form a new Nation State,"you can't have your cake and eat it too".
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 06, 2011
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlmmwp9QLqc?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Baba, ba wa t'aye wa se o!! Tete se yori o, Eledumare, Olorun l'oke. Olorun ayo.
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by aloyemeka4: 12:12am On Nov 06, 2011
When did the figure jump from 63 to 150?.
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by nku5: 12:19am On Nov 06, 2011
If GEJ doesn't declare a state of emergency and
crack down hard on these animals it will be too obvious that he's p.u.s.ii
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Rgp92: 12:22am On Nov 06, 2011
Peace indeed

Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by niggadee(m): 12:24am On Nov 06, 2011
Gej don't have a clue how to get rid of dis evil boko haram.
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:29am On Nov 06, 2011
niggadee:

Gej don't have a clue how to get rid of dis evil boko haram.

Do you have a clue?
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 12:35am On Nov 06, 2011
GEJ the Zoologist - he should have an idea about how to deal with muslims animals.

All his other calamities I can put down to his ignorance - but not this.

He took the credit for calming 'Mend. down - so do the same with the 'Boko Haramists'.

Fight 'Fire' with 'Fire'.
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by dustydee: 12:40am On Nov 06, 2011
I think this has gotten too far. Let the government deal with them once and for all.
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2011
As far as I am concerned, we should either split the country or enforce true federalism. There are no doubts that enforcing true federalism might require or incur bloodshed. Are we ready to take our destiny in our own hands?
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by koruji(m): 1:24am On Nov 06, 2011
GEJ and his advisers are too weak in the knee that they have allowed things to go beyond a state of emergency in one state already.

Right now, the extreme northern half of Nigeria needs to be considered a new Afghanistan, with serious implications for how it is tackled.

nku5:

If GEJ doesn't declare a state of emergency and
crack down hard on these animals it will be too obvious that he's p.u.s.ii
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 4:05am On Nov 06, 2011
Funny country.
I want Nigerians to understand how simple this problem is, yet the wickedness of the Nigerian system makes it insoluble.
Simply forming of state police can solve this. But the politicians from even the same Borno state would fight against that idea, because they would rather be dying than allow that. If that is not wickedness I wonder what is.

But why is it that the North would fight against genuine progressive policy like state police?
What are they afraid of?
Can they tell me that a Borno state police would not be able to fish out all the sponsors of Boko Haram and jail them overnight?
What ever they are afraid of in state police has been overtaken by the deaths of thousands of innocent people, and there is no indication that more people won't die from more BK bombings.
Simply depressing.
Re: 150 Killed By Attacks In Nigeria by nku5: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2011
@ koruji - they just don't have the will to do ANYTHING.there is lots of talk about the implications of locking those troubled states but to me its all hogwash. No matter how highly placed the so called boko haram sponsors are, when a state of emergency os declared and they see soldiers on EVERY single street in maiduguri they will understand that there is something called federal muscle. This kid gloves nonsense has not worked.

(1) (Reply)

Nafdac Website Has Been Hit Also / Kano Islamic Police Confiscate N6.5m Merchandise Belonging To South Easterner / Memoirs Of Times At 50 Year Old Great Ife ( A Great Yoruba Edifice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.