Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,909 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! (9786 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by prettyboi1(m): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2011
It's not by force to rule or lead a country. I know it's no child's play to lead a nation but some people including Goodluck Jonathan lack the ability to lead a country like Nigeria with all its complexities yet they never think it appropriate to resign or step down for someone more capable of leading. A leader is supposed to be a father figure for/to every citizen in a country but Jonathan lacks this. he's too timid,too clueless,he lacks guts & he also lacks the audacity of leader. I don't have anything personal towards Jonathan besides the fact that he has proven himself time & time over to be very incapable of running the country. As far as I'm concerned,Jonathan won the april 2011 elections legitimately because to be sincere,a lot of Nigerians put all of their trust in him & so many people voted him but now many many of the same people that voted him regret it. There's almost nothing he has achieved in office (although I'd give him credit for one of the free-est & fairest elections). Because of how weak he is,boko haram (that had existed before he came but didn't have liver to stand up to government) has now turned the table around & now dictates to government what & what not to do. Everybody lives in the fear of terror & uncertainty because of the "new government" called boko haram,even the president & yet he doesn't even have an idea what to do. Christians & Muslims are dying from several attacks by boko haram & yet mr Jonathan's government is shaking & pee-ing in their pants. Nigeria's stability is on the verge of extinction yet mr Jonathan is ever so weak.series of bomb blasts & gun attacks that killed both Muslims & Christians in damaturu yesterday,Jonathan was in ebonyi state for a celebration. Muslims & Christians are tired of Boko haram. Jonathan stand up & be a " Lion" or resign if you can't.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Akanbiedu(m): 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2011
Supported.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by aljharem3: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2011
don't let Beaf/wereperi or Ezeuche/Point B or Jmaine see this o
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Akanbiedu(m): 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2011
Not a problem. Their god is money. We simply recruit them.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by prettyboi1(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
boko haram's killing both Christians & Muslims &hiding under the umbrella of religion. Christians & Muslims live in peace in every other part of Nigeria be it west,south or east so why is it only the north's case that's different? mr Jonathan that is a pointer. boko haram also kills muslims so it is clear these extremists are out to break Nigeria's peace & they are just hiding under religion. many muslims & northerners also hate these guys. how long are you going to sit back & play "lamb?" nothing works in your government( sorry to say that but it's true). All of us Nigerians( both Christians & Muslims) want you to stand up to defend Nigeria's peace & unity & if you think you can't do that for us alongside better-ing our lives &stabilizing our economy whilst also giving us the basic amenities we rightly deserve,kindly resign & let someone else do that. MR JONATHAN STAND UP & SAVE NIGERIA EVEN IF IT MEANS BEING A "LION." IF YOU CAN'T, KINDLY RESIGN. NO BE BY FORCE NA.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA & GOD BLESS AFRICA.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Depointer1: 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2011
Good thought!! but Politicians dont resign in Nigeria, they prefer to be humiliated out of their seat. What a country.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by nku5: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2011
The man had no business on that seat if not for obj and his nonsense. But if he steps down who takes over? Is sambo any better?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by VoodooDoll(m): 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
“Some others will want the President to operate like an army general or my Chief of Army Staff commanding his troop. Incidentally, I am not a lion, I am not also a general.

“Somebody will want the president to operate like the Kings of Syria, Babylon, Egypt, the pharaoh, all the powerful people that you read about in the Bible. They want the president to operate that way, the characters of the Goliath, unfortunately I am not one of those."

But he contested an election to be and was sworn in (twice) as Commander In Chief of Nigeria's Armed Forces!

I am sorry, but Nigerians do not have an alternative for the next three and a half years. We are stuck with PDP and GEJ and thus have to fight our demons by ourselves!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by KnowAll(m): 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2011
Jonathan is already behaving like a lame duck in 2011, omo 2015 na long wait, he cannot even sack d police boses and army boses whose barracks got bomed. If d HQ of police in a state gets blown into smeetheren what hope does d citizenry of state have when d supposedly law enforcement agencies cannot protect their own lives.

Can You imagine Kenya has gone to d lions den confronting Al Shabab yet we Naija cannot solve an internal problem. Despite Kenya's intervention in Somalia, Al Shabab has not being able to hit Kenya d way Boko Haram seems to be toying with security personnel. This C-C is grossly inadequate.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Tsammy: 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2011
pretty_boi:

It's not by force to rule or lead a country. I know it's no child's play to lead a nation but some people including Goodluck Jonathan lack the ability to lead a country like Nigeria with all its complexities yet they never think it appropriate to resign or step down for someone more capable of leading. A leader is supposed to be a father figure for/to every citizen in a country but Jonathan lacks this. he's too timid,too clueless,he lacks guts & he also lacks the audacity of leader. I don't have anything personal towards Jonathan besides the fact that he has proven himself time & time over to be very incapable of running the country. As far as I'm concerned,Jonathan won the april 2011 elections legitimately because to be sincere,a lot of Nigerians put all of their trust in him & so many people voted him but now many many of the same people that voted him regret it. There's almost nothing he has achieved in office (although I'd give him credit for one of the free-est & fairest elections). Because of how weak he is,boko haram (that had existed before he came but didn't have liver to stand up to government) has now turned the table around & now dictates to government what & what not to do. Everybody lives in the fear of terror & uncertainty because of the "new government" called boko haram,even the president
& yet he doesn't even have an idea what to do. Christians & Muslims are dying from several attacks by boko haram & yet
mr Jonathan's government is shaking & pee-ing in their pants. Nigeria's stability is on the verge of extinction yet mr
Jonathan is ever so weak.series of bomb blasts & gun attacks that killed both Muslims & Christians in damaturu
yesterday,Jonathan was in ebonyi state for a celebration. Muslims & Christians are tired of Boko haram. Jonathan stand up
& be a " Lion" or resign if you can't.

Stop talking nonsense, what have you said reasonably, it is easy to face the PC, LAPTOP or pick up any writing material, pen it down, people who can't rule even their small two member family will open mouth wide just talk others down, that won't change anything, think positive, be advised.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by darkhand1: 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2011
What happened? Did the psychiatric hospitals run out of beds? There sure are a lot of loony people out and about.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by otokx(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2011
Did Yar Adua resign?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by werepeLeri: 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2011
alj_harem:

don't let Beaf/wereperi or Ezeuche/Point B or Jmaine see this o

MUMU. YOU ARE SIMPLY A PIG IN HUMAN CLOTHING.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2011
@Poster, if that is your wish, what are you willing to do to ensure that? Definitely, you do not expect him to do that for you?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by koruji(m): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2011
Word. He is the President, but he is Powerless!!!!

KnowAll:

Jonathan is already behaving like a lame duck in 2011, omo 2015 na long wait, he cannot even sack d police boses and army boses whose barracks got bomed. If d HQ of police in a state gets blown into smeetheren what hope does d citizenry of state have when d supposedly law enforcement agencies cannot protect their own lives.

Can You imagine Kenya has gone to d lions den confronting Al Shabab yet we Naija cannot solve an internal problem. Despite Kenya's intervention in Somalia, Al Shabab has not being able to hit Kenya d way Boko Haram seems to be toying with security personnel. This C-C is grossly inadequate.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Pennywise(m): 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2011
A few months ago the army moved in on BH the way they have done in troublesome areas of the south many times . There were

complaints about soldier excesses. One press statement here, an article there from a few core northern interests making barely

disguised threat on the C-in-C, Jonathan promptly gave others to withdraw soldiers allowing BH opportunity to regroup and

unleash menace. This is not how to be president of Nigeria. If others were like him there would have been no country for him to

preside over. Good luck or sheer fortune can get u the presidency of Nigeria but it can not guarrantee good leadership. How

many people have to die from the menace called BH. Apparently Jonathan and his wife are not at all interested in the affairs of

state. What counts to them is the money and glamour.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by PointB: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^
Just last week the JTF fighting BH upped their game by conducting house by house searches in maiduguri; even their base was bombed not long ago. Didn't know they have been withdrawn long ago. Na wa o.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by hakunajay(m): 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2011
Really, when a president cowardly refuses to show up, in public, for some functions e.g independence celebration, just because of threats from a sect, then i'm pushed to say that he is purely at the dictates of BH. But, who knows, GEJ might have some aces up his sleeve. I de sidon look o
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by grafikii: 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2011
let d bastard resign n save innocent souls
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by otokx(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2011
It is the Boko Haram that should put a stop to killing innocent Nigerians.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by grafikii: 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
yeah tell them to stop and they will like armed robbers would stop when u tell them to. keep making excuses for gej. it not by force to rule, if 9/11 happen 3 times in d us bush wld not even go near d white house
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by VoodooDoll(m): 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2011
GEJ should not resign.

GEJ is Commander In Chief and should step up his game.

A resignation is the worst thing that can happen right now.

I am not a GEJ supporter but he is what we have work with. We either work with him or do things ourselves!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by grafikii: 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2011
he will not, has he just got there, he has nothing to offer, impeach him
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by dayokanu(m): 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2011
Retardeen has told us not to panic that terror attacks happen all over the world
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by grafikii: 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2011
silly n patethic fool, that guy is
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by tefund(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2011
I am ijaw man,GEJ Should roar or resign
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by PointB: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2011
Resign and hand over to who?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2011
VoodooDoll:

GEJ should not resign.

GEJ is Commander In Chief and should step up his game.

A resignation is the worst thing that can happen right now.

I am not a GEJ supporter but he is what we have work with.  We either work with him or do things ourselves!

For whom? the man or Nigeria? His impeachment would probably turn out to be the best thing to happen to Nigeria. If we can get a new election in the next 3 or 4 months, that will be a chance for us to undo the rubbish we did back in April, and probably open out eyes to the other options on the ballot this time.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
I agree that GEJ is rather slack with his handling of BH however if he resigns Sambo would become acting president and the next news may be Boko Haram kidnaps Sambo which leaves the country with no president. bad position I guess
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by 1025: 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2011
Resign and hand over to who?

@point b,
very intelligent/important question u asked there but i can assure you any other nigerian can do better.

I agree that GEJ is rather slack with his handling of BH however if he resigns Smabo would become acting president and the next news may be Boko Haram kidnaps Sambo which leaves the country with no president. bad position I guess
@belabela,
the first step will be for him to quite and after that, we can afford to go to Togo to hire someone to rule us.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by VoodooDoll(m): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2011
If GEJ resigns, what would be the sequence of events:

1) Sambo gets sworn in;
2) SS agitates that the North has cheated;
3) SE agitates that it was its turn for power;
4) North rejects Sambo as being Westernised;
5) Military picks a side (North?); and
6) Crisis and extreme violence all around.

We are better working with the "tool" that we have and use the "tool" as an opportunity to renegotiate the terms of our union.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by grafikii: 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
work with crude tools in the 21st century

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-rufai: PDP Is A Party Of Criminals Determined To Ruin Nigeria / Armed Herdsmen Should Be Declared Terrorists – Itse Sagay / Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.