Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,426 members, 7,781,244 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:11 AM

Questions on GTB Bank Accounts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Questions on GTB Bank Accounts (13144 Views)

BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Question On Gtb Bank Account / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by italkalot: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2011
good day, looking for infomation

i have questions on gtb bank accounts:

1. can someone deposit in my savings account with his a) atm b)bank deposit c)internet banking
2. or is receiving payments restricted to current accounts?

3. On the same note, can i send money online (e-banking) with my gtb savings bank account to a third party account?
4. or again is that limited to current account?

5. i want to have a business bank account (with business name) to receive payments made by people(internet banking; online bank to bank transfer) and receive visa, mastercard payments. What do i go for? current or savings?

thanks, just confused banking system in nigeria. went to the bank twice, spoke to people there. they didnt understand my questions sad
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by d7thcaller: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
Please find my comments in red. I have 3 different Gtb acounts so I'm sure of what I'm saying. Cheers

italkalot:

1. can someone deposit in my savings account with his a) atm b)bank deposit c)internet banking , yes deposit can be made into ur savings account via internet banking
2. or is receiving payments restricted to current accounts? No

3. On the same note, can i send money online (e-banking) with my gtb savings bank account to a third party account? Yes through internet banking
4. or again is that limited to current account? No

5. i want to have a business bank account (with business name) to receive payments made by people(internet banking; online bank to bank transfer) and receive visa, mastercard payments. What do i go for? current or savings? Business bank account must be current

thanks, just confused banking system in nigeria. went to the bank twice, spoke to people there. they didnt understand my questions sad

1 Like

Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by highland(m): 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2011
Yes to the above response.
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by DisGuy: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2011
o question 3, not sure what you mean by third party- I cant send money online to another person with a different bank unless I Have a current account

transfer between GTB and another bank goes through the Current account
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by italkalot: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2011
d7thcaller:

Please find my comments in red. I have 3 different Gtb acounts so I'm sure of what I'm saying. Cheers

Big Thanks. I appreciate you taking your time. ++++
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by StephScott(f): 2:17am On Nov 08, 2011
Agree with d7thcaller, you can send money through internet banking, which I often do.

1 Like

Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by anishe(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2011
why not walk into any of the GTBank branches and confirm whatever you need to know about the services the bank renders.

That will afford you the opportunity of one on one discussion and you could ask all the questions you deem necessary.

Bestr of LUCK
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by stv007: 10:45am On Nov 08, 2011
[s]3. On the same note, can i send money online (e-banking) with my gtb savings bank account to a third party account? Yes through internet banking
4. or again is that limited to current account? No[/s]

[size=8pt][size=8pt]You can't transfer money online from savings a/c to third party.[/size][/size]
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by Tavenue: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2011
You can transfer money from GTB savings Account to other Banks, e.g Union Bank, First Bank but you have to apply for Internet Banking and then buy a Hardware called "Token" which is require anytime you want to transfer money to other banks.

Note: the Token fee will be deducted from your account. The cost should be around 3,500 to 4500.
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by DisGuy: 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
You will need to have a current account to transfer money online to other Banks!!!
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by tEsLim(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
THis is what I do / have

I have a savings and a current/checking account

So I do internal transfer into my current whenever i wanna transfer money to third party or other banks. And now gtb can transfer instantly to other banks namely zenith, skye, firstbank, diamond, sterling. But still you have to transfer from your current account and token is required.

As for deposit you can receive via online, cash deposit, and other means of transfer.

And still can receive if you have a merchant account with interswitch on your website where payment goes through the interswitch gateway to your account. The mastercard works awesome abroad too so no more need for buying dollar. Though sometimes when I check my account the conversion rate no be beans. But its still very good that I can have access to my money anywhere in the world
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by yommysomguy(m): 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2011
Tavenue:

You can transfer money from GTB savings Account to other Banks, e.g Union Bank, First Bank but you have to apply for Internet Banking and then buy a Hardware called "Token" which is require anytime you want to transfer money to other banks.

Note: the Token fee will be deducted from your account. The cost should be around 3,500 to 4500.
depends on how much u're sending
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by CasCas2: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ poster, Why do you think Banks have Customer Care and Marketers?? Please get in touch with them, and probably get back to us!!
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by zikclassiq(m): 8:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
yommysomguy:

depends on how much u're sending
Dis Guy:

You will need to have a current account to transfer money online to other Banks!!!
Else, call gtb customer and dial 08039003900, press 1 then 0. Wait for them to respond. Calls apply at normal rates ie no be free o! I will advice u call from 7am.
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2011
Many guys spoke well, but here's my own 2kobos

italkalot:

1. can someone deposit in my savings account with his a) atm b)bank deposit c)internet banking
That is possible but only with bank deposit and internet banking

2. or is receiving payments restricted to current accounts?
No receiving payments is possible for both savings and current accounts

3. On the same note, can i send money online (e-banking) with my gtb savings bank account to a third party account?
To another GTB account yes, to other banks no. You'll need a current account to be able to transfer to other banks

4. or again is that limited to current account?
yes, see answer to 3 above

5. i want to have a business bank account (with business name) to receive payments made by people(internet banking; online bank to bank transfer) and receive visa, mastercard payments. What do i go for? current or savings?
current. Only current account allows for inter-bank transfers

sorry; guess thats a call to bankers to work on their product knowledge.
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by mendax: 3:44am On Nov 09, 2011
@poster,

i think by default if u go to open account in GT, they'll open both current and savings for u. So i guess u dont need to worry
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by italkalot: 12:12am On Nov 12, 2011
thanks for the replies!
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by yvy1(f): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
GT Bank allows you to deposit money(cash) into your own account (current or savings) and into other GT accounts through the atm machines at their e-branch centres 24/7. This has been a life saver for me as I hardly need to go into the banking hall to make cash deposits. And I can stroll to the bank at any time of the day.
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by vipers: 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
open any one, pls dnt forget anything can go in nigeria
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by zaysmet: 7:50am On Sep 04, 2013
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]Token is actually #2000
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by Maurebelz: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hello people...please I need ur good responses to this as I am under heat now. I transferred money frm GTB via internet banking to a friend who banks with Firstbank, I did this yesterday nd my account has been debited, but the person hasn't received any alert and the money hasn't reflected either, where could the problem be coming from? GTB or FB?
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by Maurebelz: 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
Please where is everyone in the house! Please attend to my question....
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by legalwealth(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
Maurebelz:
Hello people...please I need ur good responses to this as I am under heat now. I transferred money frm GTB via internet banking to a friend who banks with Firstbank, I did this yesterday nd my account has been debited, but the person hasn't received any alert and the money hasn't reflected either, where could the problem be coming from? GTB or FB?

Did you select Instant Transfer a.k.a NIP or Next Day Transfer a.k.a NEFT?
I'm sure you sent the money from your current account as that is the only route on GTBank platform! !!
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by aieromon(m): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Maurebelz:

I suspect you initiated a NEFT transfer. If that is the case,the transfer will be completed after 1 working day. The First Bank account should be credited on Monday.
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by legalwealth(m): 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
Many guys spoke well, but here's my own 2kobos

That is possible but only with bank deposit and internet banking

No receiving payments is possible for both savings and current accounts

To another GTB account yes, to other banks no. You'll need a current account to be able to transfer to other banks

yes, see answer to 3 above

current. Only current account allows for inter-bank transfers

sorry; guess thats a call to bankers to work on their product knowledge.

You forgot to include ATM deposit into any GTBank with any GTBank Atm card.
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by legalwealth(m): 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
aieromon:

I suspect you initiated a NEFT transfer. If that is the case,the transfer will be completed after 1 working day. The First Bank account should be credited on Monday.

Let him answer the question first because there are some times one will use Instant Transfer and the account won't be credited.
It can be credited later,reversed or you might need to contact the banks involved for them to escalate for it and do justice.
Re: Questions on GTB Bank Accounts by ultrazone(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2015
mm

(1) (Reply)

China-Nigeria Shipping, Sea, Air, Express, For Those Who Import From China / Unilever Nigeria Plc Reports 72.95% Decline In Pre-tax Profit As Economy Bites / How To Register A Trademark In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.