Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy (5757 Views)

Akpabio’s Vehicle Collided With Ours – US Embassy / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Cancels Eid Festivities After Bomb attacks / Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by hycode: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2011
Us: Bomb Attacks Possible In Nigeria Capital This Week

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — A radical Muslim sect reponsible for attacks that left more than 100 people dead in northeast Nigeria this week could bomb three luxury hotels frequented by foreigners in the oil-rich nation's capital, the U.S. Embassy warned Sunday.

The unusually specific warning from U.S. diplomats identified possible targets of the sect known locally as Boko Haram as the Hilton, Nicon Luxury and Sheraton hotels. Those hotels draw diplomats, politicians and Nigeria's business elite daily in the country's central capital of Abuja.

The embassy said the attack may come as Nigeria celebrates the Muslim holiday Eid al-Adha and that its diplomats and staff had been instructed to avoid those hotels.

Deb MacLean, an embassy spokeswoman, declined to offer further details about the threat or the source of the information Sunday.

The warning came as a Nigerian Red Cross official said Sunday that more than 100 died in a series of attacks in northeast Nigeria launched by the radical Muslim sect, as sect gunmen shot and killed another police officer.

Ibrahim Bulama told The Associated Press he expected the number of dead to rise as local clinics and hospitals tabulate the casualty figures from the attacks Friday in Damaturu, the capital of rural Yobe state.

While the hard-hit city remained calm and its Muslim inhabitants celebrated a religious holiday Sunday, army and police units manned roadblocks leading into the town and streets remained largely quiet, Bulama said.

Meanwhile, the sect known locally as Boko Haram killed a police inspector Sunday in the city of Maiduguri, the sect's spiritual home about 80 miles (130 kilometers) east of Damaturu. Sect gunmen stopped the officer's car at gunpoint as he neared a mosque to pray with his family, local police commissioner Simeon Midenda said.

Gunmen ordered the family away, then shot the inspector to death, Midenda said. The sect members later allowed his family to drive the car away, he said.

The killing prompted a frank acknowledgment from the police commander, whose men remain under siege from constant assassinations by the radical sect.

"Our men who live in the midst of the Boko Haram are not safe," Midenda said.

Statements issued late Saturday show the U.N. Security Council called the attacks Friday in the cities of Damaturu and Maiduguri "criminal and unjustifiable" and asked members to help Nigerian authorities bring those responsible to justice.

A statement on behalf of Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called for "an end to all violence in the area," while offering sympathy for the victims.

Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday appealed for an end to all violence, saying it only increases problems, sowing hatred and division even among the faithful. He told tourists in St. Peter's Square that he is following with apprehension the news from Nigeria.

Boko Haram claimed responsibility for the attacks Friday, which included suicide bombings and shootings.

SOURCE:http://news.yahoo.com/us-bomb-attacks-possible-nigeria-capital-150100700.html
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by jason123: 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2011
[b]WELL DONE BOKO HARAM! [/b]Maybe this will teach GEJ to move the capital back the former location in the South (Lagos or Calabar)
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by koruji(m): 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2011
O pari.

GEJ's weakness don kill Naija.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by peckhamboi: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2011
There will surely be bombing in Abuja if the US truly said this.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Akanbiedu(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2011
Maa ta, maa ta.

Okiti obo ni GEJ sebi won ta ni Aso rock ni?

Shior.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2011
somebody pls tell me why dis govt is
refusin to grant their wish and giv them
their islamic nation for God sake! They want
out! Pls allow them na, why allow more
souls to perish b4 dividin dis nation? Let
them go their way
plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by jason123: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2011
Boyloaf:

somebody pls tell me why dis govt is
refusin to grant their wish and giv them
their islamic nation for God sake! They want
out! Pls allow them na, why allow more
souls to perish b4 dividin dis nation? Let
them go their way
plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

GEJ has to be careful. He is the president. He cannot act on impulse, if he does and anything goes wrong, it will be blamed on him throughout history.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by otokx(m): 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2011
This thing is becoming another thing all together
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by dustydee: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2011
Nigeria why?
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Beaf1: 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
Yeah right! They will issue 'warning' and later bomb any of these places to justify their motives of occupation in Nigeria.  grin

There is Bokoharam with all threats and bombings but i will never trust anything US. They are more evil than boko.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2011
if these eventually happens there should be a total sack in all the security agencies in the country,
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Beaf: 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2011
It is only a matter of time before the US army sets up in Nigeria and engages in a scorched earth engagement with Islamic extremists in the North. They are the ones calling for the marines.

Personally, I would welcome the mighty power of the US to straighten one or two minds.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by bisiaet: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2011
Nigeria why
?

Bros. No need to ask them Nigeria why because "when a bastard in a family grow to an adult the peace of that family is gone to the wind" its an adage. The bastards in Nigeria are now full grown adult that is the result you are seen because a son born truely by a man would not wake up one morning and say he's pulling dowm his father's house to rubbles because he is angry.

The truth is kindly ask them the North to tell you where they came from? Check their history you will understand what i'm saying moreso the God that has made today will surely punish Lord Luggard wherever he is for joining us with these Alien, animals, kids of paddition, descendant of lucifer, God forsaken total stranger, caleed the North to the rest of Nigeria, as today be heaven mus surely dealt with Lord Luggard and made him rotten more in hell.

I never knew these people are like this before I thought they are human like everyone loving his fathersland not known they are total stranger who deos not care what happens in the land he lives in. I never knew they are purely Nigeria HIV, Cancer, Kankerworm and demons its so sad I wake up everyday cursing Lord Luggard with heavy curse because of these Northern people behaviour to their own fathersland it would have be better if God did not created them at all because they have no meaning to humanity I say this with no apology, is so sad indeed.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Bisijohn: 11:33am On Nov 07, 2011
It is high time the President convened a sovereign national conference. We should discuss our differences and chart the way forward for continuity as a Nation. I hope the President will take the bull by the horn and urgently convene the conference. Our President life is not even safe, because nobody knows where the next bomb will explode.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Orikinla(m): 11:42am On Nov 07, 2011
[size=28pt]When you voted for President Goodluck Jonathan, you voted for better for worse.
Deal with it and stop whining! [/size]
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by doctokwus: 11:48am On Nov 07, 2011
This is d most shaking news to me;its bad for d country bizwise,diplomatically& politically;this is d kind of information that turns back a country's dvpt.Its time GEJ becomes d general he shd b,various grps are seeing him as as a weakling& tryin to exploit this,frm BK to that arrogant clown that calls himself a gov in bayelsa,to d niger delta boys who are reaping d nation off by every one above 18yrs claiming to b repentant miltants,he has got to act now.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by cap28: 11:58am On Nov 07, 2011
Beaf:

It is only a matter of time before the US army sets up in Nigeria and engages in a scorched earth engagement with Islamic extremists in the North. They are the ones calling for the marines.

Personally, I would welcome the mighty power of the US to straighten one or two minds.

Of course you would welcome the "mighty power of the US" you know why? because you are too braindead to understand that they are the ones orchestrating this whole boko haram campaign in the first place, read my lips:  the war on terror is a creation of the american intelligence organisation - they are looking for an excuse to occupy your land and FULLY APPROPRIATE YOUR OIL RESERVES THEREBY BLOCKING CHINA'S ACCESS TO THEM

every oil rich nation that is not fully under US military occupation/control is now under attack - your precious goodluck has no say in the matter any more - very soon all decisions concerning nigeria's oil reserves are going to be made by the US Africa Command - get ready for the second phase of slavery.

You were laughing at Qadaffi's demise the other day - the demise of your own country is staring you in the face and you are too dumb and blind to see it.

If you are capable of doing so - take a look at every oil rich nation which america has invaded/occupied - what is the standard of living of the people in those countries like?
nigeria - has some of the world's dumbest people!
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Adrian008(f): 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2011
GEJ has to be careful. He is the president. He cannot act on impulse, if he does and anything goes wrong, it will be blamed on him throughout history.

I grossly disagree with this reply. All GEJ needs to do is to call for a referendum; the type carried out in Sudan before the breakaway. Let the people decide if they want to remain together. If we decide to remain together, then at least he tried {in a wise way, at least}. But if we decide to part ways, as the people of South Sudan, no one will ever blame him for the decisions of the people IN A DEMOCRACY!!
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Mthobisi: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2011
YOHH!!! I DO NOT EVER WANT TO VISIT NIGERIA, THEY GOONA BOMB ME cry . Are yol not scared of chasing tourists away with these now & again bombings? & why do so many people DIE in the news this morning I heard 150 which is really scary. Guys you need to sought this out once & for all!!!
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Gbenge77(m): 2:20pm On Nov 07, 2011
lets hope this doesnt materialise.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2011
Beaf is either a braindead idiota or another of the teeming population of covert ops agents (sleeper cells) on NL.
All they preach all day is division, anarchy and disunity

To get the gist watch the movie "The traitor" starring Don Cheadle.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by kings112(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2011
When will all this come to an end?
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Challas(m): 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2011
This is fresh air indeed, i dey laugh o
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by MarcAnthon(m): 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
Yeah right! They will issue 'warning' and later bomb any of these places to justify their motives of occupation in Nigeria. Grin

There is Bokoharam with all threats and bombings but i will never trust anything US. They are more evil than boko.

Personally, I would welcome the mighty power of the US to straighten one or two minds[/quote]

Typical PDP politician, talking from both sides of his mouth. No conviction whatsoever, What exactly are you saying?

Of course you would welcome the "mighty power of the US" you know why? because you are too braindead to understand that they are the ones orchestrating this whole boko haram campaign in the first place, read my lips: the war on terror is a creation of the american intelligence organisation - they are looking for an excuse to occupy your land and FULLY APPROPRIATE YOUR OIL RESERVES THEREBY BLOCKING CHINA'S ACCESS TO THEM

every oil rich nation that is not fully under US military occupation/control is now under attack - your precious goodluck has no say in the matter any more - very soon all decisions concerning nigeria's oil reserves are going to be made by the US Africa Command - get ready for the second phase of slavery.

You were laughing at Qadaffi's demise the other day - the demise of your own country is staring you in the face and you are too dumb and blind to see it.

If you are capable of doing so - take a look at every oil rich nation which america has invaded/occupied - what is the standard of living of the people in those countries like?

I hope for our sakes that you are wrong on this one.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Onyocha: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2011
I am not suprised at all with this american warning.just days ago Saeed Jalili,an iranian government officials,presented important and revealing documents implicating the US government in terror plots and assasination of iranian nuclear scientists.

Like someone already pointed out i can only say the USA have evil plans for this country called Nigeria.if you look deep they know about boko haram what no one else knows.they are after our resources,soveignty and to dominate us.first they predicted Nigeria's disintegration in 2015 and now they are issuing warnings on bomb threat.

Most Nigerians are obsessed with american culture and music.they are american wannabees so they are blinded to see the evil side of america.unfortunate as we are subdued culturally first of all.

The clash with america is inevitable.the earlier Nigeria breaks ties with Washington the better.many emerging economies like China,India,Brazil,Turkey and South Africa are making the US look more and more ordinary and giving it a hard competition for resources.the fact is that the tide in favor of the west consuming other countries resources cheaply and feeding the world expensively with their goods is changing.now more countries and emerging powers around the world are feeding themselves and making use of their resources and giving the barren west a tough competition for resources.the west got arms and got NATO.so they will not fall economically without burning cities and fighting for the last drop of oil.they always have plots and execute them well for no one to notice their involvement.

If our minister of foreign affairs is not sleeping,he should summon the american ambassador immediately,warn him or even expel him.if the US truly got intelligence report,the americans should share it with our authorities and not in the media to further add turmoil and destroy Nigeria.their action shows that their intention is ill.

The earlier countries in the world that have suffered colonialism and exploitation follow the steps Iran took in 1979 to shut down the US embassy in Tehran for good and cut ties with Washington,the better.as far as they have a running embassies that would serve as a hub for spies and diplomatic staff doing work against the interest of Nigeria,we should not expect peace anytime soon.

Can you imagine what would have happened if it was and Islamic country like Iran that issued this warning on Nigeria?the UN security council would convene to issue condemnation for meddling in Nigeria's affairs and threatening the peace and stability in the country.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Onyocha: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
With my above post,i hope Nigerians see things for what they are.calling for dividing the country or calling northerners names is of no good to the country.the ordinary man in the north is as poverty stricken as his brother in the south.how does boko haram represent them when majority of the casualties are northerners?
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by efisher(m): 6:04pm On Nov 07, 2011
More like: Bomb Attacks Possible in Abuja Everyday!. This is no news.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Chyz2: 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2011
cap28:

Of course you would welcome the "mighty power of the US" you know why? because you are too braindead to understand that they are the ones orchestrating this whole boko haram campaign in the first place, read my lips: the war on terror is a creation of the american intelligence organisation - they are looking for an excuse to occupy your land and FULLY APPROPRIATE YOUR OIL RESERVES THEREBY BLOCKING CHINA'S ACCESS TO THEM

Thank you.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by Onyocha: 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2011
Adrian008:

I grossly disagree with this reply. All GEJ needs to do is to call for a referendum; the type carried out in Sudan before the breakaway. Let the people decide if they want to remain together. If we decide to remain together, then at least he tried {in a wise way, at least}. But if we decide to part ways, as the people of South Sudan, no one will ever blame him for the decisions of the people IN A DEMOCRACY!!
thanks for using Sudan as an example.it is indeed the same thing they did to sudan that they want to do to nigeria.

In sudan,mostly it is the chinese that get the oil and government contracts.the americans and their allies kept pushing for sudan to breakup.they wanted to get the oil in south sudan.

Now that south sudan got its so called independence,the west gets the entire cake with no competition from anyone.it is easier to deal directly with a smaller and less influential south sudan than dealing with sudan itself.while the south sudanese are happy for the 'independence' they got and thanking the west for the 'support',the west is paying itself and ripping the south sudanese apart.just recently,israel made a military base in south sudan.colonialism and slavery all again.with such intimidating presence,do you think the south sudanese would have any influence or say in their own land?well it is only those who see the west as 'infallible' and 'angelic' that would feel happy with such development.
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by yommysomguy(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2011
Jon.Bee:

Beaf is either a braindead idiota or another of the teeming population of covert ops agents (sleeper cells) on NL.
All they preach all day is division, anarchy and disunity

To get the gist watch the movie "The traitor" starring Don Cheadle.
everyone has the right to share his/@her opinion on this. No insult pls
Re: Bomb Attacks Possible In Abuja This Week - US Embassy by sammirano: 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2011
Beaf:

I go with that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Villages So Ugly Compared To Other Countries? / Top 10 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP [latest] / My Ambition Was To Become Inspector General Of Police –ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.