Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,726 members, 7,802,187 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful (6009 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? / Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
This is a question I have asked myself for eons.

At school and all the way to university , I had many Yoruba friends many who were Muslims, never did any incident of violence occur. In fact some of my best friends to date are Yoruba Muslims ( albeit the liberal type ).

They were so relaxed , friendly and nice people. Religion is important to them, but they show respect for your own religion.

However when I went to the North for my NYSC and also some secondary schooling, it was a different case, twice I escaped death.

This is not to say that all Northerners are violent but many are indirectly or directly involved in stirring up dissensions against Christians and other non-believers through these hoodlums called Almajari.

Could it be that the Yoruba Muslims are not practising their religion as Muhammad commanded  undecided

Please help me out here !!
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Sweetnecta: 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
many of us here are yorubas. islam is an advise. some take advise. others interpret it as their desire commands.

each of us look at the teaching of Muhammad [as] as Allah commanded him. we copy it. we see it as the best.

others in their evil ways and fake reasons of frustration, the express the worst in their breast.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Sweetnecta: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2011
brea.st as in 'the heart'.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2011
It has nothing to do with them being Yoruba. I just think it's because of the brand of Islam that's practiced on both sides of the divide. I also think that the fact that There's an equitable distribution of Christians and Muslims have kept them at Bay. But one cannot deny that Enlightenement has also helped.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Sweetnecta: 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^ Just stop it. Muslims are muslims 24/7.

the understanding of Islam, is from Quran and its explanation [exegeses if you will] in the hadith and by sunnah, is what purity of islam is.

some interpret it, even though obviously wrong, they stick to it because of their desire.

Mercy and perseverance are part of Islam.

Christianity interlaced in Islamic community of yoruba people has nothing to do with peaceful nature of Islam.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by ayusman16(m): 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2011
Yoruba Muslims are very different from the Hausa-Fulani Muslim o, They are peaceful, loving and detest violence. This is what Islam should be.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by aloyemeka4: 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2011
ayusman16:

Yoruba Muslims are very different from the Hausa-Fulani Muslim o,  They are peaceful, loving and detest violence. This is what Islam should be.

Isn't that Hausa-Fulani muslims refer to them as keferi?
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Sweetnecta: 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2011
only ignorant muslims will refer to muslims as keferi.

when a person makes a derogatory statement about another, if it is not true, it is returned to the one who says it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^

On a more serious note even Yoruba Muslims were not spared in the North during the violence I witnessed years ago undecided

I have met so many wonderful hausa men and women and schooled with them , but the main problem is the political ISLAM using Almajaris as a tool to terrorise the mainly Christian populace.

Anyway  I look forward to calling you brother soon  grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by olawalebabs(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2011
the political ISLAM using Almajaris as a tool to terrorise
i agree with the bolded, just as the Niger delta militants did
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by maclatunji: 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2011
The truth is that most of those perpetrating violence in the name of Islam do not understand the essence of the religion. If you relate with Muslims who are from the North and have knowledge of the religion- you will find them to be some of the best people on the planet. It is a failure of leadership that creates what Frosbel witnessed in the north- something that still haunts him till date. Sorry ehn, I hope you get over it soon!
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by ayusman16(m): 8:09am On Nov 08, 2011
maclatunji:

The truth is that most of those perpetrating violence in the name of Islam do not understand the essence of the religion. If you relate with Muslims who are from the North and have knowledge of the religion- you will find them to be some of the best people on the planet. It is a failure of leadership that creates what Frosbel witnessed in the north- something that still haunts him till date. Sorry ehn, I hope you get over it soon!

I agree with you on this. I have met some great people in the north who are very good Muslims. They impacted my life one way or the other. It is only that majority don't act this way, probably because the level of poverty has eaten deep in their sense of reasoning. Their corrupt also are not helping matters as they use them as political tools to manipulate elections and pepertrate violence on Christians.

Remembered those days when our Hausa-Fulani neighbors are eager to come dine with us during Xmas. Same goes during Sallah when they generously share their meals with us (is Islam now different?). Now they so much hate xtians and bomb churches at will.

I forever love the Yoruba Muslims who can co-exist peacefully. There are mosques and churches on the street in my area in Lagos and yet no issue of violence or disagreement. Can this ever happen in the north? The Imam is my friend and I respect him to the extent that I donated generously to the renovation of their mosque. This is what religion should be. The Islam-Christianity of the old. Religion should be a binding force and the opposite. We are not into competition as only God knows the true followers.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by aloyemeka4: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
maclatunji:

Then make them understand it asap before we lose more lives. Shall we continue to wait until the understand the essence of the religion while they continue to massacre us out of ignorance?. If they don't understand it very well, then Islam has failed in teaching its faithfuls about the religion. Isn't the religion more than 900 years old?. How long will it take for their faithfuls to completely understand the quran?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2011
I was born in Zaria of a Muslim (Hausa) Father and Christian (Yoruba) Mother, got my primary education from an Muslim/Arabic school and lived in Sabon-Gari uptill i was 15. I agree there is a trend in character of Yoruba Muslim but i doubt it has anything to do with the Islamic faith - I think it is deeply rooted in Ethnic and Social misunderstanding and hatred built and cemented over decades of Political and Economic (perceived and actual) grievances - the only face to express seething frustrations is through Religion - The only attritious divider of humanity (ironic is it not). After-all North-South-Anywhere Muslims read the same Quran be it in Hausa, Igbo or Mandarin? Violence in Islam is pregnant with common traits of Poverty (Intellectual, Social and Economic). It kinda reminds you of how Hitler used Religion against the Jews does it not wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by maclatunji: 9:35am On Nov 09, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Then make them understand it asap before we lose more lives. Shall we continue to wait until the understand the essence of the religion while they continue to massacre us out of ignorance?. If they don't understand it very well, then Islam has failed in teaching its faithfuls about the religion. Isn't the religion more than 900 years old?. How long will it take for their faithfuls to completely understand the quran?

It is the job of the government to ensure that those people in spite of their ignorance keep their murderous tendencies in check by providing the deterrent factor. Then individuals and religious groups can begin to work on their psyche to make them better Muslims! However, if the government goes to sleep as this current one is doing presently; it would be foolish to think that I or you as an individual can make any fundamental change.

This is the truth if you like whine till 'thy kingdom come', nothing will change until we have an honest and decisive government in this country!
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 13, 2011
This topic is misleading and mischevous. Yoruba muslims are peaceful,so are Senegalese muslims, Niger Republic is almost 100% muslims yet we dont hear about religious there, Guinean muslims are peaceful so are cameroonian muslims and muslims in Benin Republic. So if there are religious crisis in Northern Nigeria the fault should not be attributed to the religion or even the tribe because there are hausa and fulani muslims in Niger, Cameroon, Chad, Benin and Ghana yet they all live peacefully with their neighbours. For example ,Ahmadou Ahidjo late president of cameroon was a fulani muslim, Sulley Muntari who plays for inter milan and ghana is a hausa muslim. Fulanis are the largest ethnic group in Guinea Conakry and majority of them are muslims.

The question should have been why do we have ethno-religious crisis in Northern Nigeria
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by ayusman16(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2011
abubello:

This topic is misleading and mischevous. Yoruba muslims are peaceful,so are Senegalese muslims, Niger Republic is almost 100% muslims yet we dont hear about religious there, Guinean muslims are peaceful so are cameroonian muslims and muslims in Benin Republic. So if there are religious crisis in Northern Nigeria the fault should not be attributed to the religion or even the tribe because there are hausa and fulani muslims in Niger, Cameroon, Chad, Benin and Ghana yet they all live peacefully with their neighbours. For example ,Ahmadou Ahidjo late president of cameroon was a fulani muslim, Sulley Muntari who plays for inter milan and ghana is a hausa muslim. Fulanis are the largest ethnic group in Guinea Conakry and majority of them are muslims.

The question should have been why do we have ethno-religious crisis in Northern Nigeria

Bros I think you have a point here o. I think we always mix ethnicity with religion in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 7:10am On Dec 26, 2011
As salaam Alay kum
I am an African-American convert Muslim raised in a Christian home as a boy and I have come to know that Yoruba are 40% Muslims and 60 % Christians both with benefit of western education like the Ibo-Biafra who are about 100% Christians.
The Hausa on the other hand are about 100% Sunni Muslims, who with no education except not even QUR’AN, mainly their education is Hadiths.
I think they the Hausa are Black Arabs still dealing in the black slave trade to their Arab brothers the Saudi Arabians.

I heard over the radio Hausa Muslims attacked Yoruba Muslims over market space in some village in Nigeria, a few years back

Not only do Shiates and Sunnis fight with Christians, Hindus and Jews and now with Buddhist as well while fighting with each other,
Sunnis and Shiates also attack other MUSLIMS too! Such as the Ahmadiyyas, Submitters and any other MUSLIMS who are not part of their Hadthie Orthodoxy.

What has NOT been talked about much is the Indian-Pakistani Sunnis love for cutting off little boys ORGANS to make them into HIJRAS _second class citizen manmade woman. While at the same time making GOD made woman into THIRD class citizens,
And Also Sunni and Shia Arab Muslims allowing and doing marriages to little girls six years old and younger. As well as  having incest marriages within their own families.

Sunni Hadithies are teaching, crazy Hadiths to Black Americans Sunni Muslims; such as to kill their female family members for not wearing ARAB or PAKISTANI clothes (see the Chicago story Aug.2010).
So as long as the Moderate Muslims are not speaking out about these things then the so called Moderate Muslims are just pawns of the Islamic Terrorist
Sign: an AMERICAN MUSLIM who is NOT a HADITHIE!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by LagosShia: 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^

Wa alaykom assalam,
welcome to the forum.

you could undoubtedly be muslim but you got many information wrong.

permit me to correct some mistakes:

1.) Yorubas are more muslims than christians.this is based on observation as there are no official stats to confirm either claims.

2.) igbos are not 100% christians.even if you are to ignore the minority muslims among them,you must take into consideration that animism and the followers of traditional african religions are not christians and make a significant number among the igbos.

3.) the hausas are not 100% sunnis.there are over 10 million shia muslims in nigeria and they are mostly concentrated in the north.

4.) hausas are not "black arabs".actually there is nothing as "black arab".arabs like in the sudan who are african and black were arabized and assimilated by the arabians and they adopted arabic as their language.the hausas may have come under much influence of arabs but the hausas like the persians for instance and the turks have maintained their own local and indigenous language and have not replaced it with arabic.so they are not "black arabs".

5.) fighting between hausas and yorubas and between any two groups can take either religious or tribal divides.

6.) shias do not fight with christians.we do not believe in killing people who are innocent for having different beliefs.the Quran says "no compulsion in religion".we abide by that and know that any fight or war we fight is authorised legally for self defenece only.we also observed the rules of engagement as displayed by the Prophet (sa).women and children are not touched and only enemy combatants in wars must be target.

7.) ahmadiyyas and the "submitters" are not muslims.anyone who believes in a prophet after Muhammad (sa) is misguided.those two you mentioned both have their own self-acclaimed prophets after Muhammad (sa).you are free to believe as you like,but do not spread wrong info about others.it may be unfortunate that i observe you speak like a "submitter".

8.) whatever cultural practice exists in pakistan which sunnis perform,should not be misunderstood for a religious act.so be careful.

9.) we shia do not see it as a religious devotion to marry girls of 6 years old.that is wrong and we do not practice it.i need evidence if you are not making these things up.and whoever does it is not practicing religion.you also satanically claimed that they perform "in.cest".are you saying that is what their faith teach them? can such a person who performs in.cest be considered muslim?

10.) killing anyone for not "wearing arab or pakistani clothes" is stu.pidity and not an islamic teaching.

you have claimed to be an "american muslim who is not a hadithie".well,i wont say more than what that statement speaks for itself.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2011
Well thank you so much LagosShia for your reply, I stand corrected on the Yoruba-Hausa-Ibo/Biafra numbers, I believe you have more of a handle on the understanding of that part of the world than I do in covering your replays #1 thru #5.

No#6; I have come to know some very nice Shiates (here in the USA in my home city of Chicago,) from Pakistan they are known as Ishmalis of the Aga Khan, I find them not harsh or two faced, like many Pakistani-Indo Sunnis I have met here in the United States.
I do not believe in beating myself with chains as I have seen Shiates do on You Tube videos( we African–Americans fought to get away from that) or cutting open my son’s head for some religious ritual.
Now let me enlighten my dear Shia friend, there are two kinds of Ahmadiyyas in operation in this world today, the Lahore and the Qadiani one believes in Mizarat as a Nobi NOT as a Rasul, I have read the Ahmadiyyas were busy building schools and hospitals and translating the Qur’an into local languages in East Africa (something the Sunnis forbid at one time), while the African-Sunnis were busy taking Africans into slavery for the Arabs. Ahmadiyyas were the first here in the USA to teach would be Black Americans Muslims the QUR’AN, while the Sunni-Arabs here were and still is selling pork and alcohol to Black Americans.

No#7; Now in the case of the Submitter, there are two groups of them also, one believe Rashad as a Nobi and the other believe him as a Mujuddid, Reviver of the faith.
It is not for you to say who is or who “aint” a Muslim, Sunnis are like the Catholics of 1200 AD. Trying to impose their own brand of religion through the threat of death, and fights with the Eastern Orthodox on who should be POPE, hummmm?? Sounds like that Sunni-Shia thing on who should be Khaliphah.

No#8; Ok I will give you number eight, I was married to an Indian woman for seven years I should know. Also I had to physically whip some Indian Muslims for their racist comments to my   wife about our marriage; even White Americans are 40 year past that mess.

No#9; Just go on You Tube and see how the law of MUT’A is used by the Orthodox Muslims, Shia use it to cover prostitution, the Sunni Arabs use HADITHfor marriage to little girls and the Indo-Paks use it for civil unions with Eunuchs and Black American Muslims use it to to justify having a legal wife and several girl friends at the same time. Just go on YOU TUBE and see for yourself!

No#10; I will give you number 10 also, but again, you “aint”  got the right to say who is or who “aint” a Muslim.

31:6 Among the people, there are those who uphold baseless Hadith, and thus divert others from the path of ALLAH without knowledge, and take it in vain. These have incurred a shameful retribution.
grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by LagosShia: 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2011
thehijj:

Well thank you so much LagosShia for your reply, I stand corrected on the Yoruba-Hausa-Ibo/Biafra numbers, I believe you have more of a handle on the understanding of that part of the world than I do in covering your replays #1 thru #5.
you're welcome.

No#6; I have come to know some very nice Shiates (here in the USA in my home city of Chicago,) from Pakistan they are known as Ishmalis of the Aga Khan, I find them not harsh or two faced, like many Pakistani-Indo Sunnis I have met here in the United States.
I do not believe in beating myself with chains as I have seen Shiates do on You Tube videos( we African–Americans fought to get away from that) or cutting open my son’s head for some religious ritual.
Now let me enlighten my dear Shia friend, there are two kinds of Ahmadiyyas in operation in this world today, the Lahore and the Qadiani one believes in Mizarat as a Nobi NOT as a Rasul, I have read the Ahmadiyyas were busy building schools and hospitals and translating the Qur’an into local languages in East Africa (something the Sunnis forbid at one time), while the African-Sunnis were busy taking Africans into slavery for the Arabs. Ahmadiyyas were the first here in the USA to teach would be Black Americans Muslims the QUR’AN, while the Sunni-Arabs here were and still is selling pork and alcohol to Black Americans.
the followers of the Agha Khan,the fake imam,are not Shia mainstream.as you rightly call them they are better identified as Ismailis.

there is something i'd like to tell you when comparing the Sunnis and the Ismailis who are a Shia offshoot and can be likened to the Ahmadiyyah or salafists which are products of sunnism.if not for shia islam i would rather be an unbeliever than a sunni.and if shia islam is ismailism,i'd rather be a sunni.so figure out the puzzle.i am a shia who follow the 12 Imams (as) as the Prophet (sa) is reported even in sunni books of hadith to have prophesided 12 successors of his.

as for the two kinds of ahmadiyyas,there is no prophet and no messenger after the Prophet Muhammad (sa).both Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of the Ahmadiyyah sect and Rashad Khalifa of the "submitters" are misguided to say the very least.the Quran says Muhammad (sa) is the "Seal of the prophets" so talkless of believing in another messenger because there is no messenger without prophethood.messengership is a higher station than nubuwwah (prophethood).messenger or rasul is a prophet with a divine revelation of book.

i do not believe in judging the religion by the wrong actions of the adherents.sunnis or shias or buddhists can be very bad people with ugly characters as individuals.but that does not make their beliefs any more or less truthful or false.

as for the accolades you showered on the ahmadiyyas for their charitable work,the ahmadiyya is a missionary sect.they do all these things to win adherents.the catholic mission in africa has done similarly and won converts.but that does not make them any more or less than the pagan trinitarians they are.

as for Ashura and cutting oneself,there are fatwas from the marjaiyya (jurist-consults) who have forbade the practice.that act is not a part of our faith and doing without it does not make one less shia.i could provide you a fatwa from Ayatollah Ali Khamanei:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-817492.0.html#msg9692665

tthe act of cutting oneself is more of "cultural" than "religious".people use philosophical explanations and religion to explain themselves.but it is better not done since it even gives the religion of Allah a bad image.

No#7; Now in the case of the Submitter, there are two groups of them also, one believe Rashad as a Nobi and the other believe him as a Mujuddid, Reviver of the faith.
It is not for you to say who is or who “aint” a Muslim, Sunnis are like the Catholics of 1200 AD. Trying to impose their own brand of religion through the threat of death, and fights with the Eastern Orthodox on who should be POPE, hummmm?? Sounds like that Sunni-Shia thing on who should be Khaliphah.
for sure Rashad Khalifa is a misguided person leading others astray.he is definitely not a prophet.and in my view and perhaps islamically,Rashad Khalifa is not a mujaddid.can you tell us what makes him a mujaddid? many of us shia consider Ayatollah Khomeini as a reviver of Islam.the wahhabis consider Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahab as a mujaddid.the africans consider Usthman Dan Fodio as a mujaddid.what makes you think Rashad Khalifa is a mujaddid? and this is not even an issue of what you think.it is a question of :"did Rashad Khalifa declare himself a prophet or not"?if he did and i think he did then,you are honoring a misguided man.

true it is not for me to declare people muslims or not.but the Prophet (sa) did give us the condition of knowing who is a muslim and who isn't.anyone who testifies in LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH is muslim.do you know why for instance we testify in "MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH" and not "MUSA RASULULLAH"? because Muhammad (sa) is the final messenger and prophet of God.when you add a new man into your list of prophets,then you are going against an explicit verse of the Quran that Muhammad (sa) is the final prophet.

i as a Shia have to be careful in tagging or describing your status.we shia are not a people known for passing takfir (verdicts of disbelief on others especially muslims).so i do apologise if i offended you.and i may be mistaken because i do not as at now have an official fatwa from any of the Shia marjaiyyah (jurist-consults) on the status of the submitters.i know you believe in Allah and His Messenger.but if at all you are not regarded an unbeliever because of that,you are truly misguided if you believe Rashad Khalifa is either a prophet or a mujaddid.

sunnis generally are peaceful if you are referring to the mainstream.they become violent when they are under the influence of wahhabism or salafism.as for the caliphate,well reading islamic history (that is if you are not forbidden to do so by your identity as a "submitter" who rejects all hadiths) would tell you that the shia and sunnis did not struggle for the caliphate.it was tyrants starting with abu bakr up to yazeed and others who usurped the caliphate from its place.perhaps if that didnt happen we wont be having differences in islam.the funnier part is that sunnis regard both the victims of usurpation (i.e. the 12 Imams) and the usurpers or tyrants as righteous and good people not worthy of condemnation.while submitters disregard hadith altogether,the sunnis read with eyes close or sometimes one eye open!

No#8; Ok I will give you number eight, I was married to an Indian woman for seven years I should know. Also I had to physically whip some Indian Muslims for their racist comments to my   wife about our marriage; even White Americans are 40 year past that mess.
Indians being hindus in the majority are people and victims of discrimination.they have the cast system.and there are cross influences in indian society among muslims and hindus.so again,discrimination really is not a reflection of Islam.Islam is the religion that does not tolerate racism.hinduism could be seen as racist.but if any muslim is racist,be sure he isn't practicing any form of Islam,be it sunni or shia or even if he calls himself ahmadiyya or submitter.hope that makes you happy! grin

No#9; Just go on You Tube and see how the law of MUT’A is used by the Orthodox Muslims, Shia use it to cover prostitution, the Sunni Arabs use HADITHfor marriage to little girls and the Indo-Paks use it for civil unions with Eunuchs and Black American Muslims use it to to justify having a legal wife and several girl friends at the same time. Just go on YOU TUBE and see for yourself!
as a submitter you claim to be who only accepts the Quran,it would be interesting for you to tell us what you make of verse 4:24.i expect you more than sunnis to accept mut'ah marriage as an islamic act.sunnis could be excused because they have fabricated hadiths that forbid mut'ah marriage contradicting the hadiths that permit it and show that it was umar that banned it and not the Prophet (sa).but how can a submitter who claims exclusive guidance from the Quran be excused for rejecting mut'ah marriage which is islamic as verse 4:24 shows?

also,anyone can mis-apply or misinterprete a practice.many can use a good purpose for the wrong reasons.you can marry a woman permanently for the wrong reasons and later on divorce her.that by no means translates to the practice of marriage being a bad or forbidden act.likewise,people can use mut'ah marriage for the wrong reasons.but it doesn't make it wrong or forbidden.it all depends on our intentions.and as muslims more than any other people,we should know the importance of having good intentions.we would be punished for bad or ill intentions.

as for sunnis who use hadiths for marriage with little girls,i would like to see those hadiths.as for the pakistanis who do it with eunuchs,ive never heard of that and that is plain stupidity.but still,you do not blame hadiths and its use for the misfortune or misgidance of any people.we have various schools of thought in islam.at least the shia approach to hadith is most logical and full of reasoning.the first condition we are taught by the 6th Imam to do when examining hadiths,is to identify if it contradicts the Quran.if a hadith contradicts the Quran,there is no way that hadith can be true.so that should make you see that hadith does not necessarily have to make you go against the Quran.as for marrying six years old,i believe that contradicts the Quran.besides,those sunnis who use aisha as excuse should know that aisha's age is uncertain and she could never have being a kid as calculations and historical sunni sources show.you can see here for more on aisha's age:

http://alqatrah.net/en/question/index.php?id=93

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-53711.0.html#msg7170329
(pay attention to the last paragraph of post number 5 in the above nairaland link)

No#10; I will give you number 10 also, but again, you “aint”  got the right to say who is or who “aint” a Muslim.
Like i said earlier LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH makes one a muslim.there could be cases of misguidance which does not necessarily be kufr or disbelief but cases of going astray which is not healthy iman that can result in salvation.

31:6 Among the people, there are those who uphold baseless Hadith, and thus divert others from the path of ALLAH without knowledge, and take it in vain. These have incurred a shameful retribution.
grin

watch the phrase "basless hadith".i do not want to argue on the meaning of this verse and its cause of revelation.but let us take it plain and accept that this refers to all those who take "baseless hadith".the verse condemns those who take "baseless hadith".

so how do you know which hadith is "baseless" and which isn't? so my dear,this verse at all does not tell you to abandon the use of hadith as your sect teaches you to do and jail your thoughts.the verse tells us to distinguish between what is "baseless" and what is founded.therefore there must be conditions for knowing which hadith is baseless and which isn't.like i stated earlier,the first condition is for the hadith to be in conformity with the Quran.if it contradicts the Quran,then throw the hadith away and take what the Quran says.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 4:25am On Dec 27, 2011
Ok my Dear Believer I’ m not going to go around and around with you on this ,even though I enjoy what you have to say because of your intellect you’re very pleasant to converse with even though I do not agree with you 100% maybe I agree with you for about 50%,

if not for shia islam i would rather be an unbeliever than a sunni.and if shia islam is ismailism,i'd rather be a sunni. so figure out the puzzle.i am a shia who follow the 12 Imams (as) as the Prophet (sa) is reported even in sunni books of hadith to have prophesided 12 successors of his.
“Your words,” now “My words” if not for free minded Submitters I would return to Christianity. Rashad is not a Prophet only a well enlighten Imam.

Surah: 109

1. Say: 'O religious Bigots,

2. I do not worship what you worship,

3. Nor do you worship what I worship.

4. Nor am I worshiping what you have worshipped,

5. Neither will you worship what I worship.

6. To you your religion, and to me my Religion

First of all I come from a country founded on freedom of religion although people were not physically free at the time.
I still make Friday salaat at a Sunni Masjid they speak in Urdu which is good for me because I do not wish to hear any Hadiths in English
After about 20 year of hearing lies told on Prophet Muhammed I am done with these ling Hadithies who do not believe in the WHOLE QUR’AN and have re-arranged the order of The Suras.

Abrogating/Nasikh Verses:-
               These are the Suras in which there are verses both abrogating as well as abrogated. There are 25 such Suras in the Quran:

In the final analysis, 71 Suras - out of 114 - comprising 62.28% of all the suras of the Quran have had verses changed or deleted.
(Abu Ja'afar al Nakhass ' al Nasikh wal Mansukh').

There are therefore only 43 Surahs that have not had any of their verses changed      .2:106 None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten but We    substitute something better or similar; knowest thou not that Allah hath power over all things?

How DARE them! Say a 9 year old girl (Aisha) being BONED by a forty year old man is not important because he is the prophet!!!!
First of all the HADITHS are LIES that the Sunnis and Shiates put on Prophet Muhammad to justify their lust and NOT following the WHOLE QUR'AN.
READ WHAT THE QUR’AN SAIDS ABOUT HADITHS: THE ACTUAL WORD HADITH IS IN EACH VERSE [AYAT].

68 (:35 to: 43) Shall we treat the Muslims like the criminals? What is wrong with your logic? Do you have another book (Hadith) to uphold?  In it, do you find anything you want? Or, have you received solemn assurances from us that grant you whatever you wish on the Day of Resurrection? Ask them, "Who guarantees (Bukhari?) this for you?" Do they have idols (Al-Ula, Al-Wusta, and Aqabah)? Let their idols help them, if they are truthful. The day will come when they will be exposed, and they will be required to fall prostrate, but they will be unable to. With their eyes subdued, humiliation will cover them. They were invited to fall prostrate when they were whole and able

68:44 Therefore, let Me deal with those who reject this Hadith (Quran); we will lead them on whence they never perceive.
فَذَرْنِي وَمَن يُكَذِّبُ بِهَذَا الْحَدِيثِ سَنَسْتَدْرِجُهُم مِّنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

Fundamentalist Christians are able to use Sunni and Shiite HADITHS as ammo to discredit Islam, because they are able to find anything they want to find including hadith that contradict hadith,            Al-Bukhari is NOT his name but the name of the town he is from (like calling someone from New York, the New Yorker rather than his real name) so the man would NOT sign his real name to this work, “which was about 40 Hadiths,”
{Al-Mughirah Ibn Bardizbah He was born in 810 AD /died 870AD
Born in the city of Bukhara (Bukhari) in Khorasan (now in Uzbekistan, (Russia)
Born 170 years after Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) died 640 AD}  .                                                                                       The other many thousands of Hadiths was added later by the Sunnis who were afraid to lie directly on Prophet Muhammad, so they used names of people NOT mentioned in the QURAN, and said Bukhari heard it indirectly from them through hearsay from yet others before them, also Not mention in the QURAN.
Hadith that says don’t follow hadith
Shown below are two such Hadiths taken from the Hadithists' most reliable sources, Sahih Muslim and Is-haah Ahmad Ibn Hanbal:
The Prophet said, "Do not write down anything from me except the Quran."                                     [Ahmed, Vol. 1, Page 171, and Sahih Muslim]
This Hadith states that the Prophet maintained his anti-Hadith stand until death.                              [Ahmed, Vol. 1, Page 192]
It was narrated from Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do not write anything from me; whoever has written anything from me other than the Qur’aan let him erase it and narrate from me, for there is nothing wrong with that." (Narrated by Muslim, al-Zuhd wa'l-Raqaa'iq, 5326)
Fri, Dec 23, 2011 just a few days ago!!!
Islamists kill dozens in Nigeria Christmas bombs
ABUJA (Reuters) - Islamist militants set off bombs across Nigeria on Christmas Day - three targeting churches including one that killed at least 27 people - raising fears that they are trying to ignite sectarian civil war.
The Boko Haram Islamist sect, which aims to impose sharia law across the country, claimed responsibility for the three church bombs, the second Christmas in a row the group has caused mass carnage with deadly bombings of churches. Security forces also blamed the sect for two other blasts in the north.
Salaam, I’ m done here, but please EM AIL me in the future you are a good person to know may ALLAH bless you always

smiley
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by italo: 5:24am On Dec 27, 2011
In my opinion, the so-called "Yoruba muslims" are peaceful because they are not very religious muslims. The only thing I see Yorubas worship seriously is JUJU. Even if you don't know them well, you can see that in their movies. I challenge anybody to give me the name of a Yoruba movie without something to do with JUJU. Allah can say 'don't do this' and they do it anyway but if a witchdoctor says it, they don't dare to disobey. Am I lying?

I think any true muslim who reads the Quran an follows the teachings AND EXAMPLES of Muhammad has to be violent. Violence is deeply entrenched in Islam. A religion that makes you cut off the hand of someone who steals a tuber of yam(correct me if I'm wrong please) has to be seen as intrinsically violent.

These things I said are the results of my experiences so if you disagree, I'm eager for you to convince me otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by LagosShia: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2011
@thehijj

i just want to clarify a few points:

1.) we Shia do not believe in the abrogation of the Quran.an entire book was written by Ayatollah Sayyed Abu'l Kassim Al-Khoei on this issue of abrogation and he completely made clear that the concept of abrogation does not exist in the Quran.you can read the book yourself:

"The Collection and Preservation of the Qur'an" by  Ayatullah Sayyid Abul Qasim al Khui
http://www.al-islam.org/tahrif_quran/ 

"The Qur'an:Its Protection from Alteration" by Sayyid Sa'eed Akhtar Rizvi:
http://www.al-islam.org/protection/

2.) the christians can find many ugly things especially in the sunni hadith books.we know of the so called satanic verses hadith in sunni narration of hadith and other ones.thorough examination of these hadiths would show their falsehood.likewise thorough examination of true hadith will show their veracity.we as muslims should not be afraid of others trying to hamper our beliefs.we as muslims who know the truth must be able to defend the truth with truth and separate truth from falsehood conviniently.the mischief-mongering of the christians should not be cause for you to reject all hadiths.that is wrong.also,we muslims admit that the hadith books are not 100% authentic and only the Quran which is the word of God is.and when you look at the christians themselves,they are the ones living in denial for accepting the bible as the word of God.you can find every evil and nonsense in it.yet they refuse to use the muslim approach on hadith to separate truth from falsehood in the bible.let me tell you that if muslims were 99% submitters,the christians will still find something wrong to say.this is what the Quran says about that?

Holy Quran 2:120
"And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper".

also,regarding the hadith of Abu Saeed al Khudri (RA) that the Prophet (sa) said we should not write hadith,that is undoubtedly a fake hadith.it is clear enough.the first person who actually refused the writing of hadith immediately after the death of the Prophet (sa) was the first tyrant,Abu Bakr.he did that and that rule continued for years in order that many things would not be written especially relating to the Ahlul-Bayt (as) and the usurpation of the caliphate and how they went against the wishes of the Prophet (sa) before his death;and later the banu umayya forgery machines played havoc.now don't deny it or deceive yourself that you would not like to know about all these things!for you as a "submitter" to come and tell us that we are misguided for following true hadiths,then you are behaving like what Jehovah's witnesses are to christianity.they came centuries later and formed a religion from one word,wrote their own verson of the bible to suit their newly formed doctrines and condemned others.

i really would like you to give some time to research on shia islam.you will not regret it!
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 5:50am On Dec 28, 2011
As-salaamu alay kum
Well truly LagosShia, I really do not know enough about Shia Hadiths to make these blanket statements, so in the future, I will tag my statements on Hadith as Sunni Hadiths, unless I am sightening some Hadith I know for sure to be a Shia Hadith, that is  the best I can do in this case.

And if every I should write myself a speech for some public funtion here in the United States,I think I will hire you to PROOF READ it for me first,no joke you are just that good, thanks.

wal-lakum  salaam smiley
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 8:17am On Dec 28, 2011
shocked LagoShia can you tell me why

I. Why did SUNNIS placed back the Images of the SUN and MOON back inside the KAABA MECCA .

II. One Sunni even prays inside the KAABA towards what direction? (is it the OLD KAABA, Al-Ula= The Oasis in Maneet ARABIA, which was once the Boss of the Mecca KAABA)

III. The SHIA now have their own KAABA too in IRAN.
IV. What city is this Kaaba in IRAN?
Sura 106
1. For the custom of the Koraysh,
2. their custom of the winter and summer journey.
3. Therefore let them worship the Lord of this House
4. who fed them from hunger and secured them from fear.

INSIDE VIDEO OF HOLY KAABA (MASHALLAH) YOU TUBE
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17XG-kxUskY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17XG-kxUskY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
LagosShia:

@thehijj

i just want to clarify a few points:

1.) we Shia do not believe in the abrogation of the Quran.an entire book was written by Ayatollah Sayyed Abu'l Kassim Al-Khoei on this issue of abrogation and he completely made clear that the concept of abrogation does not exist in the Quran.you can read the book yourself:

"The Collection and Preservation of the Qur'an" by  Ayatullah Sayyid Abul Qasim al Khui
http://www.al-islam.org/tahrif_quran/ 

"The Qur'an:Its Protection from Alteration" by Sayyid Sa'eed Akhtar Rizvi:
http://www.al-islam.org/protection/

2.) the christians can find many ugly things especially in the sunni hadith books.we know of the so called satanic verses hadith in sunni narration of hadith and other ones.thorough examination of these hadiths would show their falsehood.likewise thorough examination of true hadith will show their veracity.we as muslims should not be afraid of others trying to hamper our beliefs.we as muslims who know the truth must be able to defend the truth with truth and separate truth from falsehood conviniently.the mischief-mongering of the christians should not be cause for you to reject all hadiths.that is wrong.also,we muslims admit that the hadith books are not 100% authentic and only the Quran which is the word of God is.and when you look at the christians themselves,they are the ones living in denial for accepting the bible as the word of God.you can find every evil and nonsense in it.yet they refuse to use the muslim approach on hadith to separate truth from falsehood in the bible.let me tell you that if muslims were 99% submitters,the christians will still find something wrong to say.this is what the Quran says about that?

Holy Quran 2:120
"And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper".

also,regarding the hadith of Abu Saeed al Khudri (RA) that the Prophet (sa) said we should not write hadith,that is undoubtedly a fake hadith.it is clear enough.the first person who actually refused the writing of hadith immediately after the death of the Prophet (sa) was the first tyrant,Abu Bakr.he did that and that rule continued for years in order that many things would not be written especially relating to the Ahlul-Bayt (as) and the usurpation of the caliphate and how they went against the wishes of the Prophet (sa) before his death;and later the banu umayya forgery machines played havoc.now don't deny it or deceive yourself that you would not like to know about all these things!for you as a "submitter" to come and tell us that we are misguided for following true hadiths,then you are behaving like what Jehovah's witnesses are to christianity.they came centuries later and formed a religion from one word,wrote their own verson of the bible to suit their newly formed doctrines and condemned others.

i really would like you to give some time to research on shia islam.you will not regret it!

Shia Kafir  grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 29, 2011
they are peaceful cos they dont gba weere meeesin like our brothers from the oke oya.

our brothers over there are fundamentalist and with the rate sweetnecta, Lagoshia and co are doing here, i dey fear ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 10:21am On Dec 29, 2011
Each day I learn Sunnis are  just plain sh@#$t starters and the world is seeing first hand you Sunnis are full of name calling at least with LagoShia I have  a good conversation, even if we are not in agreement on everything, LagoShia speaks like an educated person not like a dumb as## like you frosbel.
KUFFAR =UNBLEIVER
KAAFIR= RELIGOUST BIGOT like you are FROBEL
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:47am On Dec 29, 2011
The prevalence of Violence in Islam has nothing to do with Ethnicity - it has a lot to do with grinding poverty and the apparent inability of the reigning government to uplift the impoverishing conditions of the masses. Northerners may form the larger percentage of Nigeria's population, they also form the poorest. they are prone to get angry and violent when they are so darned hungry - f'course Politicians will play this to their advantage, just like Hitler played the Germans into thinking that the Jews were responsible for their economic woes
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 29, 2011
thehijj:

Each day I learn Sunnis are  just plain sh@#$t starters and the world is seeing first hand you Sunnis are full of name calling at least with LagoShia I have  a good conversation, even if we are not in agreement on everything, LagoShia speaks like an educated person not like a dumb as## like you frosbel.
KUFFAR =UNBLEIVER
KAAFIR= RELIGOUST BIGOT like you are FROBEL

Am I now a Sunni  grin grin

I have also noted that Shias just enjoy swearing and cussing , they seem to have a lot of pent-up anger.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2011
lol @ frosbel sunni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) / Happy New Islamic Year / Some Acts That Make A Muslim Forbidden To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.