Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,853 members, 7,806,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? (836 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' / Should Christians Support Israel In Their Middle East Wars - Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by Azibalua(f): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2011
In bible days when the death penalty was carried out there were prophetic utterances and god was involved,now it is not this way,therefore should Christians support this. Pls comments should focus on the topic.
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by Joagbajee: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2011
What prophetic utterances ?
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2011
Give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and to God what belongs to God.

God respects the punishment meted out to criminals under a Just Judicial system.

"For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."- Romans 13:4
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by Azibalua(f): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2011
Isaiah prophesied concerning Jesus
Isaiah 53:7-10
7 He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he never said a word. He was brought as a lamb to the slaughter; and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he stood silent before the ones condemning him. 8 From prison and trial they led him away to his death. But who among the people of that day realized it was their sins that he was dying for--that he was suffering their punishment? 9 He was buried like a criminal, but in a rich man's grave; but he had done no wrong and had never spoken an evil word.
10 But it was the Lord's good plan to bruise him and fill him with grief. However, when his soul has been made an offering for sin, then he shall have a multitude of children, many heirs. He shall live again, and God's program shall prosper in his hands.
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^
And what does this have to with the topic ?
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by newmi(m): 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2011
God is a God of order this is the much l can say for now.
But be that as it may let me add by saying that God allowed the death sentence in as part of measures to maintaining order and awarding justice through but for that to be done it was important that clinical jurisprudence is employed so as to avoid purnishing a just man so if the death sentence is the last resort then they had to be convinced that it was the right that was been purninshed.
The death sentence is a provision of the law of a people, God is invoved with governance ro if a people collective discide to make certain laws as provisions for regulating their conducts then they are conditioned to live by the dictates of that law to doubt the morality of the law is to call for review if possible. For the death sentence to be pronounce on a man it is expected that such a man had done what was deserving to earn such a sentence.
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by Azibalua(f): 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2011
frosbel:

^^^
And what does this have to with the topic ?
Read my opening comment not just the topic.
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by aletheia(m): 8:30am On Nov 07, 2011
KJV: Genesis Chapter 9

[6] Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by newmi(m): 8:34am On Nov 07, 2011
Azibalua:

Read my opening comment not just the topic.
l think you miss the point, what he is refering to is the scripture you quoted (Isaiah 53:7-10) of what consequence is its bearing on this topic.
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by ichuka(m): 11:53pm On Nov 07, 2011
@op
NO!absence of  God's Grace in our life are we better off than them?
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by Joagbaje(m): 5:25am On Nov 10, 2011
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by Joagbaje(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ op you still haven't answered my question.
Re: Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? by inedi: 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2011
No, there mercy for all

(1) (Reply)

Part 16 Physical Implications Of These Evil Practices During Courtship / I'm Nnamdi. I'm A Sculptor, I'm A Dad, And I'm A Mormon. . . Really? / How Can A Jew Answer The Christian Missionary's Question, "are You Saved?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.