Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ (5952 Views)

How Elected Senators Can Sustain Democracy - David Mark / Great Nation Gej & Gmb Our Champions And Nigeria Our Nation!!!! / State Of The Nation: Gej Prays With Senate President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by cold(m): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
Jonathan’s shocking verdict on Boko Haram :“only prayers can sustain a nation”
Newsdiaryonline Sun Nov 6,2011

President Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan  appears to be  giving conflicting signals about  his regime’s readiness to tackle Boko Haram sect unleashing violence across the country .Though he reportedly  ordered security chiefs to get those behind the latest spate of bombings in the North-eastern part of the country, Jonathan  shockingly  said today in Kaduna  that only prayers to God can solve the problem.

He was particularly  referring to the bomb blasts credited to the Boko Haram Muslim group, Jonathan regretted that activities of the group were designed to divert attention of government from its programmes and insisted that, “only prayers can sustain a nation and the Church too has a responsibility in the transformation agenda of this government which is meant to develop the economy and move Nigeria forward.”

President Jonathan  expressed  his feelings  in Kaduna while  commissioning the Bible Institute of the Living Faith Foundation Church, at the Alheri Camp. Jonathan arrived the camp, located on Kaduna-Abuja road in a Nigeria Air Force chopper with registration number NAF 540.The president implored  Nigerians to have faith in God and to persist in prayers for peace and unity of the country, in spite of what he described as plots by “unpatriotic elements to distract government from the transformation agenda.”

He however pledged to continue to work towards saving the country and leave a legacy that would make  future generations of Nigerians proud .

Governor Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa of  Kaduna state  was on the President’s entourage, along with former Plateau state Governor, Joshua Dariye, and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Chief Barnabas Gemade. Yakowa also used the occasion to condemn the violent disturbances across the country arguing that, “activities of such unpatriotic Nigerians can only hinder the transformation agenda of government and draw the nation backward.

Yakowa said “the pockets of violence here and there can only serve as distraction towards Nigeria's march to development.”

Rev. P. J Olaiya,  Senior Pastor of the Living Faith Foundation, said on the occasion  that the commissioning programme coincided with the 2011 National Annual Solemn Assembly of the church, a very important event in its calendar.

http://www.newsdiaryonline.com/jonathan_signals.htm
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by PointB: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2011
He was in the Church. His prayers are not out of place.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Sunofgod(m): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2011
only prayers can sustain a nation and the Church too has a responsibility in the transformation agenda of this government which is meant to develop the economy and move Nigeria forward.”

What a statement - I wouldn't even expect such trash from Patience.

Clueless
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Rhino5dm: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2011
Even the Boko Haram believes in action by blowing up things while our so-called Phd holder is fasting and praying fervently. shocked shocked shocked

. . .A pure mockery on the personality of God. Imagine Obame telling Americans the solution to terror is fasting and praying shocked O ma se o.

Thank God i didn't vote for this "fresh air".
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by cold(m): 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2011
PointB:

He was in the Church. His prayers are not out of place.
How did you ever come up with this?Goodness gracious!Only in Nigeria
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by cap28: 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
the truth of the matter is that GEJ is way out of his depth and lost control of the situation a long time ago - but the question that is yet to be answered is - who is behind boko haram?
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by BootyOnMe: 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
Reminds me of that Nigerian, "Yoruba" nurse in the UK chanting "Jesus-Jesus" as her pediatric patient was dying in her care!
Thank God Jesus came down to resuscitate the dying infant! cheesy
Don't you just love 'religious' peeps? grin
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Did the President of Nigeria just say that? My Gawd! Please who are people that voted this iidiot into power?

Clueless clusterfuck of a President. Smdh.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by 1025: 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
if he said so, he is right but i am only wondering why the same prayer could not do the magic when it was time to increase electricity tariff. our president must let prayer take the action over the fuel subsidy.
well, let us continue prayer that a close family member of our president becomes a victim of one of these blasts and only then will nigerians know how prayerful our president is.
something in me is telling me that pdp needs blood at all times so this boko haram can be a source of supply blood to them.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by apoti(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2011
So Mr President now has all the time in the world to fly from Abuja to Kaduna to commission a Bible School shocked shocked shocked

What a performing president embarassed
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Mcoldsoja(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2011
cap28:

the truth of the matter is that GEJ is way out of his depth and lost control of the situation a long time ago - but the question that is yet to be answered is - who is behind boko haram?
. Guess he will use prayer to solve de puzzle. It takes more than mere goodluck to lead Nigeria, it takes guts and wisdom.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by cold(m): 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2011
Honestly,after reading this I shed a tear or two,not for me but for my 'peoples'.I feel really sad.We just lost a rising Nollywood star in the recent attacks.Nigeria has gone to the dogs
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2011
op talk true, you are not surprised

this is gej's standard mo

i can lift all sorts of inebriated comments of his on boko haram with a web search

pray for bombers to confess
we are on top of the situation
it is nigeria's turn to experience terrorism
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
God this is not happening. I had a bad dream for nigeria. I pray God reverses it. The number of pipul dat voted the present imposition amounts the number of insane pipul in dis country. As much as we need to pray, it is unheard for a leader of a great country to relinquish all hope for his people. He just told us he's not capable and God won't come down to rule us. Please who is the third dumbhead after OBJ? Let him quickly serve so we can move on cos the yorubas believe that emeta lagbo nkan!!! I don't pray so though.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by youngmonie: 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2011
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by cjfavour(m): 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2011
They only remember God in a time like this bt whenever they want to punish the ppl like removing fuel subsidy,they'll nt remember God.Their debased reasn is dt d subsidy removal is for the ppl's benefit.How? Will they subsidize the price of food stuff that will sky rocket? Nigeria need smone with gut and wisdom nt just goodluck.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Rgp92: 11:52pm On Nov 06, 2011
I hope GEJ will wake up and realize that his "god" is not there. And he should realize.

And:

Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 07, 2011
The former IG OF POLICE was kicked out of office over his inability to apprehend one notorious kidnapper in aba abia state, im still wondering y gej still retains this fat lazy IG despite the fact that so many lives has bin lost under his headship yet the president still believes his d best man 4d job despite d fact that this IG is d worst ever in our history as a nation. As4 d president, i ve nothing more 2say abt him than to ask all of u who allowed premitive considerations to becloud ur sense of rationality and voted 4a man dat said he had no shoe and dat was all he need to say to get in there so we shld all STFU and pray as instructed by mr president may be when we ve the opportunity next time to elect a leader we will be more reasonable but unfortunately we hardly learn frm d past so i envisage us voting leaders like this again n again, its in our DNA's. Best of luck whl u pray n boko haram keep doing their tin. A TRUELY DESERVED FRESH AIR.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by otokx(m): 3:28am On Nov 07, 2011
fresh air
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by dayokanu(m): 5:26am On Nov 07, 2011
Are you really surprised? You voted a clueless Retardeen as President, Do you really expect something different?
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Obiagu1(m): 5:47am On Nov 07, 2011
^^^

This your retardeen is way too banal now. Can't you find something new?
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by oderemo(m): 6:08am On Nov 07, 2011
Need i say more.no.
I will go back to my prayer.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by CyberG: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2011
See answer: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-797360.0.html

If a nurse lost her license over praying and NOT doing her job for ONE child, what about a president over 170M+ ? How many kids, women, sick, poor, unfortunate have been bombed into oblivion while Jonathan Shitluck is phariseeously asking for prayers??
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Pukkah: 7:41am On Nov 07, 2011
There's only one person sabotaging the Jonathan Presidency and his name is Mr Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by doctokwus: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2011
If only prayers could solve our problems,nigeria won't b in d shit we find ourselves in now bc though we av one of d largest church attending communities in d world,yet everyday we continue to sink in all indices that mark a God fearing nation.It jst goes to show that manna won't fall frm heaven
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Bawss1(m): 9:09am On Nov 07, 2011
Face palm just doesn't cut it for GEJ remarks these days. Whats worse than a face palm? Soul palm?
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by tplamp26: 11:07am On Nov 07, 2011
pls jonathan resign.u are too weak to rule this nations
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2011
[size=18pt]People need to support the President in this difficult times.[/size]
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by muhamm3d: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2011
you all voted for him so shut the Bleep up,
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2011
This guy called GEJ.

Why , Why , Why are you wasting the lives of your people?

God put you in-charge to protect them but you are just too weak and confused to carry out this assignment.
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by asedeygo: 11:23am On Nov 07, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

[size=18pt]People need to support the President in this difficult times.[/size]

Like wives supporting their husbands in hard times een en en? Abeg Resign
Re: Only Prayers Can Sustain A Nation - GEJ by cold(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2011
Super Mod & Admin,I know you're all powerful & all knowing.The Alpha & Omega of Nairaland but I dare say the rate at which you go substituting my headlines with what 'in your opinion' seems appropriate is alarming way too petty.Just so you know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion Near Yahuza In Abuja / Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai / Nigerians Spend N60bn On Bullet-Proof Vehicles In Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.