Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp (3039 Views)

Xenophobia: Dabiri-erewa Battles FG, Zuma On Twitter / Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply / Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Onlytruth(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2011
Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly battles FG over PPP

From EMMANUEL UZOR, Onitsha
Monday, November 07, 2011

The proposed second bridge across the River Niger may be experiencing another setback as members of the National Assembly from Anambra State, under the aegis of Anambra State National Assembly caucus said they would resist the plan to execute the project under Public Private Partnership, (PPP).

Speaking to journalists yesterday in Atani during Afam Ogene football competition, the leader of the Anambra caucus and member representing Anaocha/Dunukofia/Njikoka Federal Constituency, Mrs. Uche Ekwunife said they would resist the plan. According to Ekwunife, they saw the plan to execute the second Niger Bridge under PPP as one of the plots to delay the construction of the most needed bridge across the River Niger, which she said was the only entrance into South-east.

“That was one of the promises Mr. President made to the South east during his electioneering campaign and I can tell you that he is keeping to the promise but some of us in the National Assembly from the South- east are going to ensure that the second Niger Bridge is built by the Federal Government and not PPP.”

“We object to that PPP, we are going to reject it, we are going to object to it with whatever it is going to take to reject it. Federal Government must come out to give us second Niger Bridge. They did similar thing in other zones and those projects were not done under PPP and that of the second Niger Bridge cannot be done by PPP. We are going to reject that.”

On the unity of the legislators from Anambra State, Ekwunife said they had been united by the fact that they were representing the interests of their constituents at the National Assembly irrespective of party affiliation.
“We are working together, we are working like a family, especially members from Anambra State. There is no division; you will not even know that all of us are not from the same political party. Anambra is our interest as well as South-east and Nigeria at large.”

Also speaking, the member representing Ogbaru in the House of Representatives, Mr Afam Ogene, who organized a football competition for his constituency said he was touched by the present condition of sports in the country,

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/07/national-07-11-2011-010.html
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Onlytruth(m): 6:29am On Nov 07, 2011
I have always advised my Igbo brothers to be united in everything they seek in Nigeria. Look at how just this Anambra members of the house are making solid claims to the Eastern fair share in Nigeria.
I'm proud of them. Anyi ji fa agala!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:32am On Nov 07, 2011
Chei, Igbo's really suffered in the Nigeria Union. The question, i ask is wat did we ever do to the British and Northerners? We are still talking about Second Niger Bridge in 2012, wen we should have established about Six crossing route over the Niger, yet we are still cool. Igbo's really are the most patient Nigerians. May God bless dem.  cry
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by KnowAll(m): 9:38am On Nov 07, 2011
PPP= Another way of dodging or passing the buck. OBJ's popular tool of deception. The more you look the less you see, just look at Lagos-Ibadan expressway 5 years after signing PPP. undecided
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
Any pics of the proposed Second Niger Bridge?
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Chyz2: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2011
Is there some sort of death threat by unknown powers to hands off the development of particular areas. For instance, I see none of the presidents even used particular abandoned projects to boost their chances of a second term presidency. For instance, I would have thougt that GEJ would be very stern and vehement with the fixing of Benin-Ore road and the Second Niger Bridge. Those to completions would make his coming into the presidency a sond time very strong. It would be hard for others to compete. Yet, the champ has done nothing abt the two. There has to be something we dont know. I think there is an oath of not touching those places because of the consequences is death by the unknowns. I guess that can explain why the dude would rather shoot for a selfish 6 yrs presidency. undecided
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2011
GEJ, please make sure u give us a second Niger Bridge, it is important. We should have six by now but here we are in 2012 still talking about a second Niger Bridge. sad
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by BootyOnMe: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

GEJ, please make sure u give us a second Niger Bridge, it is important. We should have six by now but here we are in 2012 still talking about a second Niger Bridge. sad

Written like a true Ignoramus 'Igbo-r-anus'!
Anuofia! kiss
Ya toto nor wide reasssh to provide a second River Niger for dat ya Anambra State?
Okija Harlot! kiss
Come and type that ya rubbish in my front again.
Ewu ashewo River Niger! kiss
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Written like a true Ignoramus 'Igbo-r-anus'!
Anuofia! kiss
Come and type that ya rubbish in my front again.
Ewu ashewo River Niger! kiss

[size=14pt]Wettin u fit do Ignoranus(Bootyonme), abi no be your name.[/size] angry
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by BootyOnMe: 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

[size=14pt]Wettin u fit do Ignoranus(Bootyonme)[/size] angry

[size=20pt] Igbo-r-anus! [/size]

Nothing o!
Just dey fian ya trobu as you fian my own.
H-enjoy!
Okija shrine w-hore!
Your Yoruba man don re-propose to you?
Or una still dey 'engagement' phase? wink
I been lyk that ya old moniker o! wink

Why you change am now? Abi you dey shame to use am? After the 'jilting' phase on NL/FaceBook wink
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Onlytruth(m): 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Bliss4Lyfe

Just ignore BootyOnMe. Don't descend to its gutter level. It is one of the Nigerian demons hounding folks with clear head. It comes from a section of Nigeria that is intrinsically and inherently cursed and backward.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by BootyOnMe: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2011
^^^^

Mu he he he he he

Which part of Nigeria be dat? undecided Nyamiri zone? tongue

See decendant of Biafra sacrificial boko-sallah ram toking o!
Where you dey when she open her gutter nyansh for NL to type rubbish on the other thread!
Abi real demon. Only jisos can save kwa nu!
You fit try Okija too! kiss
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Igbo-r-anus!

Nothing o!
Just dey fian ya trobu as you fian my own.
H-enjoy!
Okija shrine w-hore!
[size=28pt]Your Yoruba man don re-propose to you?
[/size]Or una still dey 'engagement' phase? wink
I been lyk that ya old moniker o! wink

Why you change am now? Abi you dey shame to use am? After the 'jilting' phase on NL/FaceBook wink

*Faints*

Things dey happen for this World. I need to make enemies/friends with you ppl in order to hear first order gists? Oga o grin tongue
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Post

We need Unity. Yeah!!!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Onlytruth(m): 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2011
@topic

I really think that there is a hidden conspiratorial vow somewhere to do everything possible to deny us our fair share in the Nigerian jungle. The same thing is happening to Enugu airport. Has anyone seen the level of work at that airport recently? If you have, please try to post pictures here. I have come in contact with some information that shows that if we Ndigbo don't do something major, and by that I mean something with international involvement, we will likely remain slaves in Nigeria for another 50 years.

Umu Igbo, mepe nu anya o!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by BootyOnMe: 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

*Faints*

Things dey happen for this World. I need to make enemies/friends with you ppl in order to hear first order gists? Oga o grin tongue

You tink say I nor know. . . Mu he he he he he he

Don't mind the ethnic taboo! After 'you-know-who' don phock and dump her arzzze she qwik change her name to resume 'good-gal-vagin' runssss for NL.

Things dey happen for this NL I tellya! grin

Ask "BlissFullNyansh" for the real tori! Ashewo Okija. . . NL branch. Mu he he he he he

*Mission Accomplished-Nothing to contribute in this useless Igbotic Nyamiri thread* cool
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Onlytruth(m): 9:42pm On Nov 07, 2011
I know that it is convenient to kick the can a little down the road, but our fathers did not kick it down in 1967. They rose up and faced it squarely. If we Ndigbo don't do something major, and by that I mean something with international involvement, we will likely remain slaves in Nigeria for another 50 years.

Onye obula gwa onwe ya eziokwu o!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 07, 2011
BootyOnMe:

You tink say I nor know. . . Mu he he he he he he

Don't mind the ethnic taboo! After 'you-know-who' don phock and dump her arzzze she qwik change her name to resume 'good-gal-vagin' runssss for NL.

Things dey happen for this NL I tellya! grin

[size=15pt]Ask "BlissFullNyansh" [/size]for the real tori! Ashewo Okija. . . NL branch. Mu he he he he he

*Mission Accomplished-Nothing to contribute in this useless Igbotic Nyamiri thread* cool

Na, I think I heard enough for today.  shocked

Na so another Nler female go come say Ileke-IdI dey steal her bobo. . . .again.

NL Women, I do everything to gerrout out of their way.  grin
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by aljharem3: 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2011
we really need unity in the country, no lies cry cry cry see comments just because of Niger bridge
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by BootyOnMe: 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2011
Good!
Dati Igbotic, wor-wor, ahsewo NL aka an-us-phocking, Bliss4Nyansh don quench her light go cry weh-weh for her London, 'kpangolo' flat!
Next time, she go main yim yown business.
Useless wor-wor, old cargo biatch! kiss
No need to slap am too much. . . her Okija-Juju 50Nera kpomo lips don swell reassh for this thread.

We shall meet again N'Inshi Allah! kiss
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Rhino5dm: 1:50am On Nov 08, 2011
Vampires can/will never agree over fresh blood.

Common senate president your fooolish greedy people cant even agree on.

5 senate presidents over the span of 8 years . Bunch'a rowdy animals!.

This time around who are you going to blame for your failures? Awolowo? Greedy bastardo.

I decided to keep it clean. . .until your worthless ritualistic self forced me out. Now am watching your fat lazy, greedy arrse over any bigotry comments and shall be meted with fair equivalent in folds.

Talking about the most pathetic set of worthless animals. Go wipe out blood dripping off your cheek and trim those canine spikes. Nonsense!

Onlytruth:

I have always advised my Igbo brothers to be united in everything they seek in Nigeria. Look at how just this Anambra members of the house are making solid claims to the Eastern fair share in Nigeria.
I'm proud of them. Anyi ji fa agala!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by ak47mann(m): 2:24am On Nov 08, 2011
nawa 4 womenooo shocked shocked

hw u go fit put two women 4 house that one they go blow the house up sad sad what da fuucck shocked shocked grin
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by aljharem3: 2:26am On Nov 08, 2011
ak47mann:

nawa 4 womenooo shocked shocked

hw u go fit put two women 4 house that one they go blow the house up sad sad what da fuucck shocked shocked grin

watin u wan marry them grin grin grin
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Francis5: 3:10am On Nov 08, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

This time around who are you going to blame for your failures? Awolowo? Greedy bastardo.

I decided to keep it clean. . .until your worthless ritualistic self forced me out. Now am watching your fat lazy, greedy arrse over any bigotry comments and shall be meted with fair equivalent in folds.

Talking about the most pathetic set of worthless animals. Go wipe out blood dripping off your cheek and trim those canine spikes. Nonsense!

Agidimolaja. Na waoh!!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by ak47mann(m): 3:23am On Nov 08, 2011
alj_harem:

watin u wan marry them grin grin grin
yes naaah tongue tongue tongue
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by chino24: 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

With or without 2nd Niger Bridge SE is still ahead of dirty demonic pigs. Although I have confirmed that FG has finalized arrangement to award the contract in 2012 budgest. Obj ruled for 8yrs and turned the capital of SW into a modern city.  grin grin

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by ak47mann(m): 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^^
gad dam it grin grin grin
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by chino24: 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
Nwanne kedu ije? U mean the gad dam yoroobas?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by Rhino5dm: 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2011
Another maggot-muching lizard displaying his idiocy.

[size=18pt]Lagos VS South East economy[/size]. . .I put up the challange.

Come to think of it,that house at VGC i want claim as abandoned property has just been renovated by our slaves.

Su casa es mi casa. Arrievudarci!

chino24:

With or without 2nd Niger Bridge SE is still ahead of dirty demonic pigs. Although I have confirmed that FG has finalized arrangement to award the contract in 2012 budgest. Obj ruled for 8yrs and turned the capital of SW into a modern city. grin grin

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by htajz: 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Another maggot-muching lizard displaying his idiocy.

[size=18pt]Lagos VS South East economy[/size]. . .I put up the challange.

Come to think of it,that house at VGC i want claim as abandoned property has just been renovated by our slaves.

Su casa es mi casa. Arrievudarci!

whats the basis for using lagos the country commercial capital? will u also use abuja to challenge other zones? dumbites all over the place
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by beespak7(m): 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2011
The second niger bridge should be a matter of national priority and importance and should be treated as such thats the most important link between eastern nigeria and the rest of the country FG WAKE UP !!!!
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp by DisGuy: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2011
lol@ battle FG

at a football stadium for that matter

after how many years, what are the reps in the National Assembly doing?

Lets blame the northerners grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brave 9 Year Old Yoruba Girls Confronts 3 Yoruba Women Who Kidnapped Her (video) / Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos / Bola Tinubu's Drug Dealing Criminal Past In The USA Exposed By Mr. Aye Dee!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.