Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive (26414 Views)

How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card / Recover All Your Data From That Crashed Hard Drive: / Crashed Hard Disk O, Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by victorious1986: 1:10am On Sep 06, 2012
GWslim: Just recover your document and forget all other things. It require a great care maintaining external hard disc.

yea dats right i dont think u should be worring about d dead hdd just worry about d recovery of ur documents. use can always get a new one smiley
GWslim: Just recover your document and forget all other things. It require a great care maintaining external hard disc.

yea dats right i dont think u should be worring about d dead hdd just worry about d recovery of ur documents. use can always get a new one

1 Like

Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
Phony200: Hi, i have a similar issue. The hard drive spins and makes the usual noises. The light still blinks and when plugged, windows sounds that a new hardware was added but Nothing comes up or shows up on the desktop or computer at all. Anything you can recommend?

Your hard drive is still very alive but your operating system is weak. Click 'start', select 'computer' and check if your external hard drive is listed there. If not, restart the system and retry my steps, it will definitely show.

You can also go through control panel and click connect a device.
Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by greattmman: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hello everyone! I am also having similar problem. my hard disk is failing and not accessible presently. the windows normally warns me of the failure b4 it eventually failed cos I had my os running on it then. so because of that I swapped the hdd to another smaller hdd to run my os cos my pc has space for 2 hdds at a time so I could access my data it while the os runs o the other one. Fine, this worked well but after the warning msg started displaying again and I lacked idea on what to do to forestall this. so it has happened now, I need the help of gurus here to help me suggest what I can do to repair the failing hdd.

I have attached the picture of error msg I get when I try to access the hdd trough my computer and the picture of back up warning msg (cos I dont have another place to back up my files.)

Thanks so much in anticipation.

Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by sarmtechnology: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
recover data from any dead, damaged or corrupt storage media ,we can help recover deleted,formatted data from all media types including Flash Drive, Thumb drives, CDROM, Flash Memory, Note Book Hard Drives, and ATA/SATA Hard Drives. can also assist you by recovering data from your business servers, including RAID's. Contact : funnysamuel@gmail.com or call 07034573868 07054632174

We recover DATA from any dead or working storage media with any of the following symptoms/faults;Accidental Formats,Partition Loss,Virus Infections,Power Surge Damages,File Deletion,Clicking Hard Drives,undetected or unresponsive drives,Drives with multiple bad sectors / Head,Crashes,Unboot-able/ unmountable drives,Encrypted files,Password Removal and other storage faults.

we dont use data recovery softwares,because it not relaible and it cant work on a dead storage device.we use professional hardware tools that can extract data from any dead storage device.

we guarantee 99% success rate, we strive to put a smile on our clients faces.call 07034573868 07054632174.

1 Like

Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by Elsquidme(m): 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
Any hard drive that DISKPART sees can be recovered. running a hard disk diagnostic SMART test and it returns a failed diagnosis den the drive is gone. for those that has internal hard drives but don't have access to the diagnostic software, you can use the BIOS embedded hard disk s.m.a.r.t test to test internal hard drives. so when a hard disk test shows failed, go buy new drive and try to initiate backup. when it suddenly crash test whether disk part can see it otherwise go buy new one.
Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by Elsquidme(m): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
greattmman:
Hello everyone! I am also having similar problem. my hard disk is failing and not accessible presently. the windows normally warns me of the failure b4 it eventually failed cos I had my os running on it then. so because of that I swapped the hdd to another smaller hdd to run my os cos my pc has space for 2 hdds at a time so I could access my data it while the os runs o the other one. Fine, this worked well but after the warning msg started displaying again and I lacked idea on what to do to forestall this. so it has happened now, I need the help of gurus here to help me suggest what I can do to repair the failing hdd.

I have attached the picture of error msg I get when I try to access the hdd trough my computer and the picture of back up warning msg (cos I dont have another place to back up my files.)

Thanks so much in anticipation.
you would have heed to your computer warning and back up your data.
Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by OdenKelechi(m): 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
rashmanovic:
It mite sound crazy bt i tried it last week nd it worked! Put it in a freezer for 20min, If it does'nt work diz ma no 07087785577

will this also work on an internal hard drive?
Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by sarmtechnology: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Note: freezer remedy to revive dead drive only works for(maxtor) old school 3.5 drives with stuck clicking head.it doesnt work for modern drives,bluecrossdr.com.ng can help if it cant be recognized by your pc
Re: How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive by a2space(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
Go to SLOT franchise (YES!) beside Chevron along Lekki - Epe expressway. they have engineers there that can help you to recover your lost data. But they may charge you very high because they know you need the files desperately. They charged one of my colleagues as much as 18k just to recover his documents from his external drive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Windows 10 To Be Released In July (Pictures) / How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? / SuperBass Wireless Bluetooth Speaker With FM | Phoning System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.