Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Best School To Learn Java In Lagos - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best School To Learn Java In Lagos (20790 Views)

Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? / Learn Java Programming Here Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Bugatti01: 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
Hi everyone, does anyone know the best school/institute to learn java in lagos? Putting into consideration a reasonable tuition fee, best teachers, good location, international recognition, best infrastructures etc

I'll really appreciate suggestions from the learned nairaland IT community.
Tnx.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 7:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
Go to New Horizon in Ikeja. It's behind Awolowo house. They're really good.

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by yommysomguy(m): 2:04am On Nov 08, 2011
Yup. They are good
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by naijaswag1: 5:44am On Nov 08, 2011
Putting into consideration a reasonable tuition fee

be ready to pay above 100k.its likely.

best teachers

pray that you meet a guy that knows java there.my advice is to have the mindset that what you are gonna get there is some direction while 80% of the learning will be done by you.also try to get to see the applications your trainer has got before he begins to teach what he doesnt practice probably recanting some text without really knowing what it means.

good location

around the oba akran ikeja,new horizons,niit,afrihub,first logic and more

international recognition,

your trainer should be OCJP certified atleast or got some softwares to show for his fame or/and even good on programming challenge sites vis-a-vis his knowlegde of algorithms

goodluck as you become a programmer in a years time.

3 Likes

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by sheyguy: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2011
I am curious about java Education also and i have heard alot about NIIT and their Java classes, anybody with info about them especially their Interview and pay structure for tutors.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by abbey621(m): 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2011
As a computer science graduate from O.O.U and a certified programmer here in the U.S, I can tell you that Nigerian schools are crap when it comes to learning a programming language. If you lack previous experience in programming then I suggest you start with BASIC or C programming but if you are experienced in programming then you can continue with Java, the best way to learn Java is online, there are many Ebooks and online videos that takes you through Java step by step, instead of you spending 100k to 150k at one of those Lagos schools, you can master Java at your own pace online. Just search google for free Java tutorials for beginners and you should be okay, youtube is also an excellent place for free java tutorials.

4 Likes

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by teemon: 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2011
naija_swag:

Putting into consideration a reasonable tuition fee

be ready to pay above 100k.its likely.

best teachers

pray that you meet a guy that knows java there.my advice is to have the mindset that what you are gonna get there is some direction while 80% of the learning will be done by you.also try to get to see the applications your trainer has got before he begins to teach what he doesnt practice probably recanting some text without really knowing what it means.

good location

around the oba akran ikeja,new horizons,niit,afrihub,first logic and more

international recognition,

your trainer should be OCJP certified atleast or got some softwares to show for his fame or/and even good on programming challenge sites vis-a-vis his knowlegde of algorithms

goodluck as you become a programmer in a years time.

This post have said many of the things i will like to say however i will advice you agains going to NIIT for any thing o! They are just corporate scammer please abeg o!
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by paniki(m): 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2011
You want to pay someone to spoonfeed you. Most people who know java thought themselves, why don't you do the same
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by naijaswag1: 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
abbey621:

As a computer science graduate from O.O.U and a certified programmer here in the U.S, I can tell you that Nigerian schools are crap when it comes to learning a programming language. If you lack previous experience in programming then I suggest you start with BASIC or C programming but if you are experienced in programming then you can continue with Java, the best way to learn Java is online, there are many Ebooks and online videos that takes you through Java step by step, instead of you spending 100k to 150k at one of those Lagos schools, you can master Java at your own pace online. Just search google for free Java tutorials for beginners and you should be okay, youtube is also an excellent place for free java tutorials.

ill-advice1 = null;

paniki:

You want to pay someone to spoonfeed you. Most people who know java thought themselves, why don't you do the same

ill-advice2 = null;
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
@paniki
Not everyone has the capacity to learn java on their own especially if they're new to programming or scripting.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by opad(m): 12:33am On Nov 09, 2011
Instead of those indian institutes, i'd rather go there and get the skills cos its far more cheaper there. Checkout zwww.zoomgroup.com/ where fees charged here for 100-200k are just merely 15k or 20k. I agree with tha on youtube, ive got some specialty and skills via online video tutorial via youtube. Goodluck on your quest of being a programmer

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by dastudent(m): 1:05am On Nov 09, 2011
Get a good broad band internet connection

Download internet download manager

Go to the following sites

mediafireunlimited.com

warez-bb.org

teh-paradox.com

look for java on there search bars and rape the download button.

Or better still,get java videos at computer village for a worst case scenario 2k.

Computer schools won't teach you anything like the step by step videos.

4 Likes

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by IbroSaunks(m): 1:28am On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

@paniki
Not everyone has the capacity to learn java on their own especially if they're new to programming or scripting.
how r u sure someone new to programming will understand when being instructed?? the person can start with basic or fortran and den move up, on his/her own, some of these schools can b a letdown
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by yommysomguy(m): 6:23am On Nov 09, 2011
IbroSaunks:

how r u sure someone new to programming will understand when being instructed?? the person can start with basic or fortran and den move up, on his/her own, some of these schools can b a letdown
true talk
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by sammirano: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2011
go to Aptech expensive, but the best in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by eghost247(m): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2011
NIIT
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2011
[size=14pt]NIIT!

And NIIT's Advantage over the competition is that they hold a job fair, and invite companies to interview the best students!. . . wink[/size]
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by pinkgems(f): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2011
come to NIIT IKEJA, and you will be stunned at what you can learn from java.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2011
NIIT ko HIV ni. Abeg, whatever you do, don't go to NIIT. They're one of the worst places you can learn anything IT. Try New Horizon or APTECH.

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by deyesborn(m): 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
NIIT Worst! KarRox 'Super worst'!
They are all rubbish.

But APTECH is still okay but very very expensive
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by kg(f): 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2011
I went to APTECH and my brother New Horizon, the difference is heaven and earth, APTECH is faaaaar  better, now he wants to go to Aptech too. APTECH always, APTECH rules, go to APTECH.

Above all no school can really teach you they can only lay a foundation, to go far you are the one that will train and re-train yourself, soak yourself in deep search for more and more IT knowledge /skills, network and interact with other IT pple! So with a good foundation you can drive yourself to greater IT exploits.

2 Likes

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by llexie: 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
Firstlogic would have been nice but the best guy on java there (Boye) has been transferred to their island office. I started with the guy but finished with someone else which make the whole learn a scrap.

good material though.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by temtok: 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hello All,

I read through the comments, most are true.
Simply be careful to create a good foundation.
Programming is all about foundation. Understand and understand the foundation,
then you can relate to all terminologies and process you will come across.

Good luck, youtube is always a good source for learning. cheers
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by hrmhercules(m): 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
Please i need the address to Aptech..can anyone help with me it..would be very greatful.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by javadoctor(m): 10:16am On Mar 16, 2013
Please cme to my school,MIT Solutions. 360 rd muritala mohammed way yaba,we r d best in lagos,currently,I train Oracle java from se to enterprise edition,I'm proud to say One of Oracle masters in africa of which.there r only four,trains Oracle there,I wrk wit him ,java/Oracle. Ican assure u we hv done a lot of project2gethr.front end to backend,I worked in ecobank hq application software,building solution portals and rapid transfer gross system b4 I resigned,nw I work on my own.I dnt beg people to join,but if u really want to b up to speed ,cal me.

N.b: did I mention I went to niit and cldnt afford al d fees so I dropped out? I sleep,eat,live java now.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by adewasco2k(m): 11:32am On May 26, 2013
My cousin will stop at nothing to becoming a guru in programming. He has thought himself html, css, jquery, and a bit of php but right now he is so obsessed with it all...he wants a very brillient place in Nigeria or India to help him achieve his goal. Anyone know a place like that? Preferably India/ Philippine

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Hynk: 5:33am On Jul 12, 2013
iQube offers training on several skill set e.g Programming on her Skill Devlopment Platform for as low as N5000
Visit iqubebase.com/sdp
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Raypawer(m): 7:36am On Jul 12, 2013
naija_swag:

ill-advice1 = null;

ill-advice2 = null;

not relly ill-advice dude,... I write programes with c#, yet am not a computer science student, although i've been to some schools (APTECH<Studied Networking>, NIGERPET<studied programming>wink but based on what they taught me at nigerpet, i would not been able to write a single programme, it get videos from youtube and develope ma self. U can also get guide from pragimtech.com and help ur self instead of dashing out money to some1. Sekina.

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Raypawer(m): 7:43am On Jul 12, 2013
adewasco2k: My cousin will stop at nothing to becoming a guru in programming. He has thought himself html, css, jquery, and a bit of php but right now he is so obsessed with it all...he wants a very brillient place in Nigeria or India to help him achieve his goal. Anyone know a place like that? Preferably India/ Philippine

why not enroll at Aptech (ACCP), after two years, u'll b certified by aptech and with the certificate, u'll join any school (university) at india, Australia, England, Ukraine or Asia.. And just for 1 year you get their certificate(B.sc) and there you go.

#ma little quota#

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Edet4krist(m): 12:47am On Jul 13, 2013
Well I only have this to contribute here. I think d NIIT, APTECH NEW HORIZON are just big names. What I have tasted, I will be so authoritative to say they are good. It's at Oniwaya bus/stop along capitol road,
Agege. It's called ASHRAAF TECHNOLOGIES. There u'll meet Prgmr Abdullatif Abdullahi. Reach him on 08033686154
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by pumpindkay(m): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2013
If u need certificate go to school, but that won't make u a pro. But if u need d real knowledge pick a book like Paul Deitel or wrox 'how to program' and alot of google search, site like codeproject, msdn is very rich in content though it is basic microsoft's language like f# c# vb.net and others like c++, javascript. That is how i learnt mine and i am really doing good.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker / How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) / Why Africa May Never Produce A Facebook, Groupon, Zynga Or Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.